[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has /v/ finally learned the difference between Directors and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: Inafune then and now.jpg (587 KB, 2206x953) Image search: [Google]
Inafune then and now.jpg
587 KB, 2206x953
Has /v/ finally learned the difference between Directors and Producers?
>>
Get them to talk about Eiji Aonuma and they will demonstrate that they have not.
>>
File: Hideki Kamiya tweet collage.png (452 KB, 1490x1065) Image search: [Google]
Hideki Kamiya tweet collage.png
452 KB, 1490x1065
>>344517279

Kamiya has tried to teach us this for years.
>>
>>344517279
I imagine most still can't tell the difference between publisher and developer so no.
>>
/v/ will never learn.
>>
>>344517279
seriously though

what the fuck is up with this guys haircut?
did he not know we left the 90's?
>>
>>344517279
It's everybody really. Think of all those movie trailers that say shit like "from the producer of whatever" as if that means fucking anything.
>>
It varies from project to project and some producers actually get hands on or otherwise have meaningful impact on the project, but yes usually the producer's just a businessman or higher management overseeing at most while the rest of the team is what really matters.

I've known that for a long time, though.
>>
I've learned how greedy a japanese guy can get when trying to shit out a franchise from nothing.
>>
>>344518180
it actually does because a good producer can do a lot for the final product. he's the one who maintains a certain level of quality, something director can easily overlook in his desire to put features in.
>>
>>344517279
>mighty number 9 announced
>inafune says he's the creator of mega man
>"what? no you're not."
>everyone falls for it
>remain confused the whole time
>it turns out horribly wrong

how did no one see this coming, or think inafune made mega man?
>>
>>344518313
Because Inafune creating megaman is a mistaken idea that's been run with for a long time
>>
>>344518294

Producers are needed because creative people can go nuts. Give a director an unlimited budget, and they come back with a game that cost 89 million dollars but will only get 100,000 sales.
>>
File: 2346234.gif (146 KB, 600x457) Image search: [Google]
2346234.gif
146 KB, 600x457
Which is worse:
>J.J. the director
>J.J. the producer
Keep in mind he produced Cloverfield Lane, which is an 8/10 if you turn it off before the final 10 minutes.
>>
>>344517378
>implying Fujibayashi actually calls shots
wew lad
>>
File: Inafune creator of Mega man.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Inafune creator of Mega man.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
>>344518353
>>344518313

https://youtu.be/R3rkb-zifUQ
>>
File: Kitamura and Inafune 2.png (1 MB, 2639x850) Image search: [Google]
Kitamura and Inafune 2.png
1 MB, 2639x850
>>344518353
>>344518313

Inafune worked as a Character Designer and artist for MM1. He did create designs for the game, just not Mega Man. And after 98, he became series producer, and the most prominant face of the series. So people just assumed he created Mega Man. He only half-heartedly refuted this twice, saying he only half created him, which only adds to the confusion. He also doesn't even name Kitamura by name.

Also, the documentary from the MM Aniversary collection pretty much implies or states that Inafune is the creator of Mega Man. Then you have the G4 Icons episode, that features Inafune alone, and makes it look like Inafune created everything. I don't even think that Inafune ever even mentions another peson during that episode.

Then for the last decade, the gaming media has been calling Inafune the "series creator" or "creator of Mega Man". They treat him like some Hero developer on par with Miyamoto. It's completely undeserved, as we're seeing.

Plus, interviews with other people behind the games only came out in recent years. Before all of our sources was Inafune, and he is often vague, or only talks about what he personally did. He doesn't seem to be lying, but it gives a very incomplete picture, and he seems to be exaggerating his relative importance.
>>
>>344518546

Literaly what he says:

>メガマンクリエーターの稲船です

>megaman kurieta no inafune desu

>I am Inafune, creator of Megaman
>>
File: 1467081097195.png (1 MB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
1467081097195.png
1 MB, 1080x720
>bungles Kaoi: King of Pirates
>bungles MN9
>Red Ash ???

His time in the industry is limited let's say. There's only so many major screw ups before you burn all your bridges. The Chinese are the only ones supporting Inafune now, which is telling.
>>
It's the Japan curse.

Shittalk Japan, and this is what you get.

Same deal with Phil Fish.
>>
>>344518534
Aonuma's produced 8 Zelda titles concurrently with BotW's development. What is it you think "producer" and "executive producer" mean?
>>
File: 1467780935998.png (278 KB, 650x1189) Image search: [Google]
1467780935998.png
278 KB, 650x1189
>>344519354

Inafune made this comic about Japanese gaming.
>>
>>344519527
Inafune was persistently pushing capcom to abandon japanese design philosophy and imitate western games for fucking years. When I heard he left I was very happy, even though they cancelled MML3 in the wake of his departure. He did a lot of shitty things at Capcom.
>>
>>344519208
On some level, You can't blame Inafune, Because he has only so many people on his team, But you can still blame him for all of this shit.
>>
>>344519675
>Inafune was persistently pushing capcom to abandon japanese design philosophy and imitate western games for fucking years.

And he's completely wrong. Look at Japanese games that are big in the West.

Mario, Pokemon, Resident Evil, Metal Gear. Just some examples. Different demographics, but they're all made 100% by Japanese. RE and MG games are popular with the teens to adult males.

Give Resident Evil 2 to someone who knows nothing about gaming. Would they know it's a Japanese game? Doesn't seem too Japanesey. So, just focus on stories, settings and tones that can appeal to both Western and Japanese audiences.

And market. Japanese stopped marketing themselves years ago. There should be ads on tv. Idiot gamers buy whatever has hype. Brands build up over time and get BIG.

Capcom could easily turn Dragon's Dogma into a big series if they make sequels and build upon it. The core game is a thousand times better than Skryim.
>>
File: Inafune.jpg (50 KB, 1712x144) Image search: [Google]
Inafune.jpg
50 KB, 1712x144
>>344518091
Thing is, he's had exactly the same haircut since the '90s. I guess he or his wife just really likes it or something.

>>344519208
Microsoft are funding ReCore and Japan Studio have said they're down with collaborating on another Soul Sacrifice with him, famalam. Even if he keeps fucking up, he'll be able to coast by on his Capcom CV for a good while to come.
>>
>>344517279
I dont get why people didnt lynched him still.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.