[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /v/, I feel... Dirty. I feel like I'm committing a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: #This hurts immensely.png (111 KB, 1024x391) Image search: [Google]
#This hurts immensely.png
111 KB, 1024x391
Okay /v/, I feel... Dirty.

I feel like I'm committing a sin using a program to idle for Steam cards right now. I have over 200 trading card drops to earn and I have little to no patience actually playing all of these shitty games.

So... Why do I feel so dirty? I mean, I'm not doing anything explicitly cheating. I'm being efficient and getting paid in what may as well be store credit to do so, but... This just feels a little wrong for some reason.

Please help me with this ethical dilemma, /v/. Should I just let these card drops collect dust on my account, or should I just try and push my conscience aside and cash them in for some games that I actually want to play?
>>
File: norman spinrad.jpg (143 KB, 438x750) Image search: [Google]
norman spinrad.jpg
143 KB, 438x750
People care about steam cards?
>>
shower
>>
>>344511290
Gabe won't miss some money. Chill, there are more important things to think about
>>
>>344511445
I don't care about the cards themselves. I just want the potential earnings from the cards. I have at least $7.00 unusable on my account, possibly more, all in the form of uncollected card drops. That small change accumulates, friendo. I just don't feel 100% good about my method of getting it.
>>
>>344511583
Thing is, this isn't even stealing money. It's making potential credit into usable credit. I just... don't know why I feel so dirty doing so. Do I just have too heavy of a conscience?
>>
>>344511880
I think you don't have much else going on so youre over focusing in this issue. But at the same time just do you, if you feel wrong then stop.

IMO The minimal amount of money you're saving is so negligible. If you look at it from a Utilitarian perspective, your gaining relatively more from that free game than Gabe is losing in its cost.
>>
>>344512264
Alright, that kinda helped. Many thanks. I may sleep a little easier tonight as I leave this craptop running to idle some more.
>>
I guarantee the 6p an hour you get from trading cards isn't cost effective for running your 600W machine.
>>
>>344511290
Stop being such a moralfag over pointless internet change, and enjoy exploiting the system for fun and minor profit.
>>
>>344512701
Meh. I'm on my machine pretty much all the time unless I'm asleep. Even then, I don't even worry about power bills. I still live with my kind-ass mother because I'm an autistic fuck and can't handle a real job.
>>
>>344511445
Collecting cards and crafting them into badges increases your steam account level, the higher your account level, the more friends you can add. i know streamers who only care about cards for this reason so they can add their followers.

About the only somewhat legitimate reason I can think of for giving a shit about them at all.
>>
>>344511290
its free money, why do you care?

Real pirates would just steal all the games in existence
Spoiler: They already are doing this

Think of it as positively adding to the Steam economy; there are other actual people who want the steam emotes from those cards.
>>
How much have you made? I think I've made under 10 euros from trading cards and the same amount from CS cases, all legit
>>
>>344511290
>>344511738
>>344511880
Keep in mind the money people spend on your cards comes from them putting money into steam, so it's not like you're actually ripping steam off or anything. They're still getting paid for you to idle as they take a small cut of the sale, so really there's nothing to feel dirty about unless you hate the idea of steam making penny's off your efforts.
>>
>>344511290
You spent more money in electricity than in getting those 5 cents cards. You probably feel dirty as in you're retarded and bought games you had no intention to play to begin with.
>>
>>344516027
Lol, true, keeping your computer on for a week, assuming you use about 150W (after all a game is running) and live somewhere with relatively expensive electricity at 15 c/kWh, costs 3-5 dollars
>>
>>344516027
All of these games were either from giveaways, Humble Bundles, or gifted to me by friends. No money wasted by me here.
>>344516560
I don't even pay the bills. I'm living with my patient-ass mother because I'm an autistic fuck who can't deal with a job yet.
>>
>>344517035
enjoy your tendies
>>
>>344517179
Thanks m8.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.