[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was playing Symphony of the Night for the first time was like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: running up the stairs.png (915 KB, 4096x3312) Image search: [Google]
running up the stairs.png
915 KB, 4096x3312
What was playing Symphony of the Night for the first time was like?
>>
it was retro when it came out
>>
File: Hydro Bore.png (1 MB, 4096x3312) Image search: [Google]
Hydro Bore.png
1 MB, 4096x3312
>>344510342
with Hydro Corn?
>>
Pretty fucking good. That soundtrack is still my favorite in the series.
>>
as a kid i thought i was playing a faster, classier, better looking and better sounding Super Metroid, would get into arguments with my friends about how it was better in everyway

now i realize i was a faggot and both are good and do different things and i still love both
>>
>>344509679
Definitely a one of a kind game.
The bad ass soundtrack matched with beautiful sprites and really good gameplay makes it one of the most replayable games I've ever played. Only real flaw is the Game Over screen, which lasts 500 hours. Little touches like 3D elements in the background were pretty neat back then.
>>
File: What is a Man.png (1 MB, 4096x3312) Image search: [Google]
What is a Man.png
1 MB, 4096x3312
>>344510867
>>
File: Hydro Corn.png (1 MB, 4096x3312) Image search: [Google]
Hydro Corn.png
1 MB, 4096x3312
>>344511407
wrong image
>>
I actually played it for the first time recently, and it was okay, I guess.

I guess I was just spoiled for having played the DS ones first.
>>
I think I beat it in a single sitting.
>>
What are all these numbers

Why does my guy glow blue occasionally

Why do I have to go into a menu to choose weapons is this fucking mega man or something
>>
>tfw everyone here kept calling me a faggot because I thought the game ended at 100%
How the fuck was I supposed to know there was more content even when you get a fucking ending at 100%?
What kind of game ends at 200%?
If I got a shitty ending during the 50% mark, I would've figured there was more to the game.
>>
>>344509679
Really fucking awesome. Once I made it to the inverse castle, I was shitting bricks. I tried to start up a second game to speed run it with Richter, but it didn't feel the same. Can't say anything anyone else wouldn't say though. Gorgeous art, fluid as fuck, and really felt like a whole world within a castle. Final boss is a fucking pussy though.
>>
The version on my PS Vita is different.
>>
>>344512281
People today will just look up a FAQ but the only way you'd miss the inverted castle is if you actually stopped playing the game after beating Richter. You find the rings if you keep exploring the castle.
>>
>>344512491
Is it the PSP version?
>>
>>344510867
Either Richter is a manlet or Dracula is 16 feet tall.
>>
>>344509679
I remember buying it off ebay after I saw AVGN's Castlevania marathon because the RPG aspect interested me, it was my first Castlevania and I hadn't played any Metroid games at this point in time either, so this game was an amazing first time experience to a whole new genre for me.
>>
>>344509679

Stuck listening to Dance of Pales forever.

FOREVER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS8ALhXLrPg

SotN also gave an appreciation for the Harpischord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71iUAFFQ8ik

The above link isn't SotN, but it's one of my favorite songs.
>>
File: CAS_nova.jpg (66 KB, 550x552) Image search: [Google]
CAS_nova.jpg
66 KB, 550x552
Getting your shit rocked for the first time by a nova skeleton in the upside down castle was a hell of a wake up call that the game just kicked it up a notch.
>>
>>344512281
it's pretty fucking obvious that it's a BAD ending when you do that
plenty of dumb kids missed the whole "this person is saying things in a way that implies there's more to it" sorta way
>>
File: 74875472.gif (25 KB, 497x501) Image search: [Google]
74875472.gif
25 KB, 497x501
>>344509679
It was great.
>rent game for the weekend
>Castlevania on NES and SNES were cool games guess I'll try the new one out
>immediately blown the fuck away
>play all weekend
>better beat this thing before I have to return it
>mfw inverted castle and I'm only half way through the game
>>
>>344509679
Awful.

It was my first Castlevania because everyone said it was the best. It turns out even though I love most metroidvanias I actually hate Castlevania itself because the movement feels weird and floaty to me.
>>
>>344509679
Euphoric.
>>
File: yande.re 151075.jpg (292 KB, 624x1368) Image search: [Google]
yande.re 151075.jpg
292 KB, 624x1368
I still remember booting it up for the first time. My older brothers were mocking me for that first cheesy fight with Dracula. Didn't take long before all of us were in front of the television exploring the castle in turns and trying to find secrets. It was pretty great.

What's funny is that I had the goggles that makes Richter good again but never wore them so I thought the 100% ending was the true one until a decade later.
>>
>>344509679
It was good coz back then i didn't get very far in it so i didn't see the awful level design after the halfway mark.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.