[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Man's Sky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: No-Mans-Sky-Artwork-01-8300.jpg (418 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
No-Mans-Sky-Artwork-01-8300.jpg
418 KB, 1024x1024
Just take a look at this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KHLwQ9IY-s
>>
File: OOZ4a.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
OOZ4a.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
Some interesting things (listening to an interview with Sean and he revealed some cool details):

- all desert planets (Dune) and all water planets (Waterworld)
- carnivorous plants. They'll eat roaming animals too (Sean mentioned some poor birds that got devoured)
- some buildings and structures can be visible from space
- there can be very big creatures in the game (maybe not Godzilla size, but big)
- tornadoes, hurricanes, sandstorms, etc. are in, and planets tend to be one weather type. No tsunamis though
- no "cities", but think of the kind of settlements seen in the original Star Wars movies. That's what's Sean wanted to capture with the buildings and structures encountered. Less urban, more unexplored frontier
- You can name ship types if you're the first to discover it
>>
shameless bump
>>
>>344506506
>and planets tend to be one weather type

This sounds boring and limited as fuck, those aren't planets.
>>
>>344506506
>>344508516

The fact that one planet gets one biome and weather across the whole thing really bums me out.

That snow planet they've shown is all snow planet, the same temperature at the poles as at the equator. That's really stupid.
>>
Is that a man or a woman?
>>
>>344506249
tldw. Got a summary?
>>
technically very impressive, I give it that. But I still don't quite see where the game is in this elaborate tech demo.

it's pretty much a naming things simulator

I will buy it though, should it ever get vr support
>>
If I get this on PS4 will I need PS+ to see what people named other planets?
>>
Woman, just has a Tilda Swinton look to her, and talks very literally and logically, like most programmers
>>
Seems that the game starting to show its actually limitations are starting to bring people back to reality. Its starting to look less "obvious scam with nothing good", and more "so its real, and it is ambitious, but you lied about the limitations up until now because you depended on hype too much".

This is good, I'd rather be disappointed with the game turning out to be too simple then disappointed with it turning out to be another spore scam.
>>
File: how-i-met_my_gf.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
how-i-met_my_gf.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>344508673
Nope, just listen to it.
>>
>>344510441
45 minutes for a meme tier game? No thanks
>>
>>344510338
>but you lied about the limitations up until now because you depended on hype too much".
Nah, they didn't, people were making shit up on the internet on their own.
>>
>>344510441
Did he died?
>>
>>344510689
Nah, before they everytime they showed off the game, they just kept talking about "no limitations" and other PR speak like that. Nobody believed them, and it made them sound more like scam artists then game developers. They should have talked about the limitations and downsides to the game while on stage showing it off, and at other similar important events. They would look more humble, modest, and truthful that way, and people would be more likely to see that they were trying their best for this game, as they were willing to accept that there are downsides and were willing to share them instead of trying to hide them behind PR speak.
>>
>>344510815
Who knows
>>
>>344511026
>they just kept talking about "no limitations" and other PR speak like that.
Really, can I have a source? Because it seems to me that they've been pretty clear about the limitations, I remember a 2015 video dedicaced about explaining their tech
>>
>>344506249
bruh, if they add VR to this with one of those omnidirectional treadmills...
>>
>hover over link
>that malnourished walking hair disaster is on the frame

Nope. Don't care. It cannot be worth my time to listen to or view this video purely based on the faggot on that single frame.
>>
File: 1467369249596.jpg (924 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1467369249596.jpg
924 KB, 5000x5000
>>344511573
>Don't care
>still enter the thread and reply
>>
>>344506506
>- there can be very big creatures in the game (maybe not Godzilla size, but big)
We've already seen Dune worms

Dont care about anything else, im getting it. Fuck all the haters.
>>
>>344508516
>>344508612
I think the reason is because you can freely visit multiple planets quickly, so each planet is treated like a 'biome'
>>
>>344511205
He would, unless hes dead
>>
>>344508629
numale
>>
>>344513071
Nobody will see it as this and will rather continue to shit post and spread misinformation based off assumptions.

Nice try to help them though.
>>
>>344513526
Poor devs, this shit really blew out of proportion for them
>>
File: 14676904746.gif (1 MB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
14676904746.gif
1 MB, 245x184
>>344513603
Probably they'll get the right praise over the time. Of course first months will be quite terrible, with all haters and unironical shitposting
>>
Oh boy. Starbound with even less to do.
>>
>>344506249
What's the fucking point of this game.
>>
File: no man shills.jpg (148 KB, 1137x883) Image search: [Google]
no man shills.jpg
148 KB, 1137x883
>>344506249
>post the same pic
>LOOOK
>post shit youtube video

Here we go again.
>>
>>344508629
That is mastermind.
>>
File: nu male shills.jpg (86 KB, 1237x258) Image search: [Google]
nu male shills.jpg
86 KB, 1237x258
>>344514814
>>344513603
>lie
>mislead
>evade direct answers
>poor devs
>send retards to shill this shit
>>
File: 1466670988508.jpg (91 KB, 188x600) Image search: [Google]
1466670988508.jpg
91 KB, 188x600
>>344513071
>Nobody will want to explore various climates in one planet
Even Minecraft has this.

The devs have said that day/night cycles exist because planets rotate. If they implemented that properly as they said they should be able to have that rotation affect temperature too. What if a planet rotated such that the same spot was always facing the sun? One side would be blazing hot while the other would be frozen wastes. Yet in this game both sides would be the same.
If that doesn't ruin your immersion I can't imagine what would, just play with crayons on paper because it sounds like that would please you.
>>
File: 1468007612018.jpg (179 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1468007612018.jpg
179 KB, 1200x900
>>344516564
>People are actually attacking Hello Games for being 100% white nu males.
What does that have to do with the game?
>>
>>344516859
Just wait, pay 60 dollars, and see.
>>
>>344516724
That's the most pathetic example of nitpick I've ever seen. I'm fairly certain you've been reposting this too
>>
File: sacrifice you.jpg (76 KB, 639x479) Image search: [Google]
sacrifice you.jpg
76 KB, 639x479
>>344517153
not him but he does have a good point
why shill for a game that isnt out and consider it a masterpiece of you havent played it?
i just consider all games shit until they prove otherwise and im always either right or happy to be proven wrong
please go
>>
>>344517153
Exploring a planet is pointless because it isn't fantastically varied like our own with snowy regions, desert regions or tropical regions etc.

You think this is minor?
You really would be happy with anything.
>>
>>344517153
This genre is all about the sights and the money, and if something as spectacular as that doesn't exist because the devs were too lazy/dumb to code something like a tidal lock then the game and them can go fuck off.
This will be a glorified minecraft and you retards will forget all about it in one month or less after launch. It brings nothing new to the table.
>>
File: 1465436953502.jpg (184 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1465436953502.jpg
184 KB, 1680x1050
>>344516564
wait there isn't going to be multiplayer

why the fuck would you play this then
>>
>>344516859
Jesus... How many numales can you cram in one pic?
>>
>>344516724
>>344517290
>t. autistic contrarian cherrypickers that don't get the point that having one single climate in each planet its made so people has a reason to travel other worlds in the game
>>
>>344517547
The worst is, you need to reach this levels of damage control to realize there is no actual multiplayer.
Lots of kids took the bait from their "interviews"
>>
>>344517591
>No Man's Sky defenders defend lack of gameplay by saying
>"You don't need a reason to explore"
>Then defend the lack of climates by saying
>"You need a reason to explore!"
>>
File: laughing xeno whores.jpg (355 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
laughing xeno whores.jpg
355 KB, 446x400
>>344517591
>anyone who disagrees with me is clearly wrong so ill call em cherrypickers and give no argument
1/10 made me reply
>>
>>344517591
Wouldn't it be better if the reason to travel to other worlds was because exploring worlds was fun?
Instead they've made all planets bland and the only way to get any sort of variation is to move on to the next bland planet.
>>
>>344506249
itt kids too young to remember spore
>>
>>344517547
For which purpose you need a mp mode?
>>
>>344517827
The objetive is to go to the center of the galaxy
and die in a black hole
You cant go straight into there, because the game needs to be longer, so you grind stuff in the planets, wich forces you to go to another, and then another, and on, and on...
>>
>>344517290
>why shill for a game that isnt out and consider it a masterpiece of you havent played it?
Who considers it a masterpiece?

>>344517302
>>344517498
>Literally nitpicking

No one cares but you faglords.
Would that kind of planets be cool? Yeah, of course, but if that's what makes or break the game for you, then you've got very picky tastes. What about black holes or double star systems, similar cosmic phenomenons that are supposedly in the game, thoses don't count and you deem the devs lazy because they didn't think to add a particular type of planet?

>>344517302
>Exploring a planet is pointless because it isn't fantastically varied like our own with snowy regions, desert regions or tropical regions etc.
But that's wrong, when you're exploring a world you're exploring it "individually", you're never all at once in a snowy region / desert region / tropical region as you said. The game just somewhat up the scale, but that's about it.
>>
>>344517772
Good, now try reading before replying.

>>344517827
If there was different climates on a single planet there would be little variety in what other planets can offer, different planet means different climate, wildlife, cities etc. This is clearly what the game is aiming for.
>>
Can anyone explain the point of the game?
Is it like you just explore planets and find stuff or you actually have to do something?
>>
>>344517661
Or you can just not act autistic and check the Steam's page.
>>
>>344517153
>Game about space exploration
>Completely fails to capture even basic aspects of planetary diversity and the devs made a 3D Starbound instead
>>
File: no mans sky features.jpg (583 KB, 2500x1000) Image search: [Google]
no mans sky features.jpg
583 KB, 2500x1000
>>344518067
>different planet means different climate, wildlife, cities etc. This is clearly what the game is aiming for.
They aimed for the cheapest solution to everything.

This reminds me of that mountain.
>>
>>344518103
Just read this.

https://repo.nmsdb.info/

It's better than listening to /v/ shitposting about it.
>>
>>344518049
>I don't want to explore a whole planet so no one else will.
>>
>>344518067
>If there was different climates on a single planet there would be little variety in what other planets can offer,
You trying to tell me that these numales can't create variety in planets if they let planets have 3+ biomes? And I'm supposed to be eager to buy this shit after learning that?
>>
>>344517153
Tidal locking is not exactly rare, there are many examples of it in our own system, including our moon.
Another item of interest is Uranus, which is tilted almost 70 degrees, so it rotates perpendicular to its orbit. So it's winter and other seasons last 21 years.
>>
>>344518120
if you know how to archive, you will know how many people here didnt knew there was no MP, and still people say that there is some sort of it.
>>
>>344517556
I count seven guys with beards but there's two I'm assuming have made a pact not to shave until NMS is released.

So maybe five.

>Nu-male

Slightly better than cuck I suppose.
>>
>>344517153
Space engine got that right, what's No Man's Sky's excuse?
>>
>>344518217
Exploring a whole planet would be nice, but I think that's something worth to be its own actual game. Like a single planet, with procedural generation being used to makes it a proper size, and with the areas of the planets, fauna and flora hand-made.

But I don't think that it's really worth doing in NMS, where the whole idea is that there's a lot of planets and it seems relatively easy to go from one to the other, so I can understand where it comes from. It's not like every planet is going to be a jungle full of life so you'd probably be happy to visit one already.
>>
>>344517302

Where the fuck have you seen this done in any other game? All 4X games always do this shit where a planet is of one type and that's all there is. So does fucking Star Wars.

I think the game will turn out to be shit, but your post is even more shit. If all planets had all biomes you'd complain that all planets are fucking the same.
>>
So, in this game which is notionally about exploring star systems within a galaxy, how does interstellar gravity work?
>>
>>344518427
If this game can't support full planet exploration then why even pretend? Why not have a few square miles on the planet to explore instead?
Sounds like you would be happy with that.

This game has flaws and you can shrug them off all you want but they still exist.
>>
>"In terms of features,” he says, “in terms of design, decision-making, and stuff, we always say ‘Does this encourage exploration or does it not?’, basically. And we use that to cut out features. So things like base-building: we don't have base-building. And the reason is, it would just make people want to stay where they are and not explore. And we've built this whole huge universe, and that would be a shame! We want them to go out and explore. Or, for instance, each planet could contain loads of different biomes within it, we could have polar ice caps, and all that kind of thing, but then it wouldn't make you want to go and visit other planets. So we don't have that, and that's really purposeful, and that's our kind of vision for the game.

What's wrong with a dev cutting out things in his own game, that he funded with his own money, if he thinks it doesn't go well with the tone he want to make?
>>
>>344518519
watch the videos.
>spaceships physics are like flight simulator 4
All space is like a giant atmospheric enviroment.
>>
>>344518635
So, does that mean that planet revolve around suns, that suns revolve around black holes, and that the galaxy will slowly devolve into entropy?
>>
>>344518629
It's a really shitty decision if that's his excuse.
He can make whatever game he wants but that doesn't mean we have to like it.
>>
>>344518729
that would require physics calculation.
this game has no physics at all.
The skybox (sun) is the one that rotates, thats why there is a day night cicle.
>>
>>344518829
> a game about astrophysics has no physics at all.

Dropped like a motherfucker.
>>
>>344518629
The same thing that's wrong every time a dev makes a bad decision.

It's a fucking space simulator. There's no reason every snow biome on every planet would be remotely similar. Between different lifeforms, resources, color palettes, and light levels, biome variation on one planet would not discourage exploration at all.
All it shows is a severe lack of imagination on their part, and more likely, corner cutting. It also gives you a good idea of how limited planet variety is really going to be.
>>
>>344518892
There will be some sort of collision physics, but spaceships wont operate like spaceships.
>>
>>344518829
That gives me a question:

Is it possible to put my ship into orbit around a planet or will I just hover in a fixed point in space if I stop moving?
>>
>>344518958
>It's a fucking space simulator.

It's a fucking space exploration game.
>>
>>344518597
>If this game can't support full planet exploration then why even pretend
Nothing can support full planet exploration man, it's literally hundred of millions of square meters, you'll never explore something like that fully, I don't know what you're on about.

>This game has flaws and you can shrug them off all you want but they still exist.
Yeah, it ahs flaws, I'm just saying the flaws you pick are nitpicked as fuck.
>>
>>344519029
It's a fucking shit space exploration game if it doesn't actually simulate space.
>>
>>344518629
This. People that wants everything in a single planet would be better playing Minecraft, in which exploration becomes pointless as soon you already have enough resources for base building-
>>
I just read more about this game, and it seems cool, but they still haven't shown a lot and I can't find any information on character customization or ship customization.

Hell, I can't find information on crafting.

Even finding info on what the goal of the game is is sparse. You're suppose to fly to the center of the galaxy to find some secret?

Why the fuck are they keeping things so vague?
>>
Biome exploration is boring if you cant take anything rare with you
>>
>>344518629
>developer isnt pandering to me
WELL THEN ITS A SHIT GAME FUCK EXPLORATION FAGS YOU GET SO MANY GOOD EXPLORATION GAMES WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY BASE BUILDING/GALACTIC CONQUEST GAMES THEY NEVER GET MADE OMG FUCKING BULLSHIT

t. /v/
>>
>>344519169
>I just read more about this game, and it seems cool, but they still haven't shown a lot and I can't find any information on character customization or ship customization.
>Hell, I can't find information on crafting.
Thats all been shown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it_9pUYO2AY
>>
>>344519203
> don't respond to other posters.
> only to cocksucking gobblewarblers trying to promote an echo chamber.

GTFO the internet and uninstall windows you massive pleb.
>>
>>344518998
No.
Because if you stop pressing W, the thing you are flying will stop, even in the orbit range of a planet.
Asides from no re-entry heat.

Look at the artstyle, and the age.
7yo cant understand complex stuff, less in this days.
>>
>>344519203
Don't blame us for not buying into Spore 2.
>>
>>344519128
That's your raging autist opinion.

The game isn't trying to be a simulator.
>>
>>344519128
>videogames featuring space have to turn into full space sims.

Real autism there, just pathetic cherrypicking as usual from this board. Guess Metroid, Starfox are all bad boring games because they don't offer realistic space simulation.
>>
>>344518829
>The skybox (sun) is the one that rotates, thats why there is a day night cicle.
Source?
>>
>>344519276
>>344519268
>IT DOOESSSNNT PPPAAANNDDEERR TO MMEEEEEE
Good.
>>
>>344519259
>watching ign

here is a "resume" of the crafting

he crafting system has not been shown much, perhaps on purpose
In order to craft things, blueprints must be discovered. These can be found in many places on planets. They will get more advanced and more useful towards the center of the galaxy
Crafting is done using resources collected while mining, or by trading
To craft something, select an empty slot in the inventory screen, and pick a blueprint to craft. The material requirements will show. If you have all the required components then you will be able to craft it
Crafted components live in the same space as your cargo, you must decide what is important

You can not build a base or shelter
>>
>>344519169
>>344518185
>>
>>344518049
Can you land on suns or black holes? wow it's so hard to code in a star or a black hole! you can't even get close to them you fucking bellend. If you think this is nitpicking then do you want me to talk about the gruesome pink tint that seems to be everywhere or the absolutely shameless repurposing of minecraft in a different setting?
Go fuck your hat.
They could make sixtuple star systems for all I care, the lack of effort is disappointing and your shilling is already on the last grip. Go find another genre to sink your teeth in you fucking dip.
>>
>>344519297
In those games, the space is not the main point.
In this game, space is the main point.
>>
File: smug farseer.jpg (34 KB, 318x336) Image search: [Google]
smug farseer.jpg
34 KB, 318x336
>>344518067
sorry i was playing vidya
dont wanna miss the chance to smugpost at you and your lack of arguments
>>
File: 1468051325984.png (583 KB, 631x533) Image search: [Google]
1468051325984.png
583 KB, 631x533
>Get excited for a cool new game
>/v/ just cherrypicks all the tiny problems with it
You all just hate fun don't you.
>>
>>344506249
I still have no idea what you're supposed to do in this game.
>>
>>344519276
>calling this Spore
Fuck off. Thats like calling Xcom 2 spore because it has procedural map.

Spore was a fucking massive disappointment because it had cut features that were complete. Nothing that bad is happening with NMS.
>>
>>344519334
>You can not build a base or shelter

so this game isnt meant to last very long? I'll wait a month and pluck it used out of the bargain bin then
>>
>>344519440
The hat just makes the shoop look worse, stop it

Use an actual black baby face
>>
>>344519528
The shill will say "why you will need to build a base when you will leave that planet?"

Just wait for it.
>>
>>344519576
Hey anon, whats your favorite game
>>
>>344512881
>haters
How much do they pay you? Do you live off shilling, or is it a part-time thing?
>>
File: 1442169256979.webm (3 MB, 892x502) Image search: [Google]
1442169256979.webm
3 MB, 892x502
>>344517591
>The reason you will want to explore a new world is not because that one is exciting but because the one you are currently on is boring.

No, I take it all back, these developers are geniuses.
>>
File: collage.jpg (189 KB, 1200x1077) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
189 KB, 1200x1077
>>344519374
>Can you land on suns or black holes?
No, but you don't have to to make them fun. Especially black holes.

>wow it's so hard to code in a star or a black hole! you can't even get close to them you fucking bellend
And you think it's hard to code a planet that doesn't rotate relative to its sun and split it into two biomes?

> If you think this is nitpicking then do you want me to talk about the gruesome pink tint that seems to be everywhere
Please do, here's a pic of a few planets to get you started.

>or the absolutely shameless repurposing of minecraft in a different setting?
How is this similar to Minecraft?
>>
>>344519410
For Starfox, combat in Space is the main point, and Metroid features exploration and combat in different planets, NMS is aiming for space EXPLORATION, not simulation. There is already space sims out there and they arent exactly the best games, sims never are.
>>
>>344519670
Because sims are not for the masses, and off course, not made for 7yo milenials.
>>
Hopefully someone will build upon this trainwreck and make a game with a very healthy economy of selling different varieties of space kittens to other players from a planet that no one but you has been able to find
>>
>>344519440
They will have to apologize as it happened with Doom, let them sperg as long they still can.
>>
>>344506249
game been delayed because they are being sued by sky tv. Share some thoughts with them. https://skytv.custhelp.com/app/contactus/callus
>>
File: Enlightment_ahead.jpg (27 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
Enlightment_ahead.jpg
27 KB, 576x432
>>344519576
>The shill will say "why you will need to build a base when you will leave that planet?"
Well, why?

Why would you build a home and then never live in it again.
>>
>>344519576
>why you will need to build a base when you will leave that planet?

Because the only ships we have are small fighters. If we could make our own frigates and walk around inside them, decorate and upgrade the interiors we would have a portable base we could take with us.

We don't have that though so I guess I'd want to make a base on a planet instead.
>>
File: 1466130650978.jpg (16 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
1466130650978.jpg
16 KB, 447x444
>>344518009
>>344517547
>>344517661
>>344518120

Because everything they've shown and bragged about how "the first person that discovers something names it" and "there's something in the middle of the galaxy that players will work towards finding" and shit and heavily implying with the naming bullshit that it will be always online there's not even going to be fucking other players in space with you???
>>
>>344519775
More like.
>they will have to go with MGSV fans, and ask for a chair to seat with them.
>>
This game is contextually no different from Sins of a Solar Empire in terms of space exploration except with a cockpit view.
>>
>>344519259

They barely showed much.

They explained some stuff about locating resources, and as usually like all other No Man Sky videos walked around for a bit, showed a brief moment of crafting, and that's it.

Can I visually see my suit/character? Can I build things on a planet? In what way can I customize my ship? Is there any co-op with friends?

These are like basic fucking questions that are never answered or shown in videos.
>>
> no base building.

So, when I get to the centre of the galaxy what do I do with it?

Take pictures?
>>
>>344519474
Yeah, they just flat out didn't design the features people wanted for NMS.
This is going to be a hilarious blunder just because the amount of unjustified hype floating around is so dangerously high.
>>
>>344519726
Sims are never made to be the best gamesh, tey have another role, too bad you're too autistic to understand.
>>
>>344519809
The only inreaction you will have with other players will be.

>go to solar system and land into "red planet n#:xxxx
>name that planet "generic name you wont put"
>other players come to that planet
>they will see that name, so you wont name it

Aaaand thats all.
>>
>>344519851
Why would you want to play with friends?
Stop cherrypicking.
>>
File: 1463776859956.gif (439 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1463776859956.gif
439 KB, 640x360
>>344519665
>pink tint in all six images
>>
>>344519851
>No
>No
>Slots, they havnt told us what types of upgrades
>No
>>
>>344519924
>These are like basic fucking questions that are never answered or shown in videos.
>>
>>344519919
>calling sims games
>sims are to entretain
Are you sure who is autistic here?
>>
>>344519809
>heavily implying with the naming bullshit that it will be always online

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/mans-sky-can-played-offline-want/
>>
>>344519789
who says i'd leave? Maybe I really like the planet and plan to stick around for awhile
>>
>>344519918
>Yeah, they just flat out didn't design the features people wanted for NMS.
Which is entirely fucking different from MAKING the features people wanted and then saying "Fuck you" and not putting them in EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE FINISHED.

Holy shit you underage faggots are unbearable. Kill yourself.
>>
>>344506249
>>344506506
please stop shilling this fucking garbage game.
>no campaign
>no multiplayer
>no missions
>no level design
>no game design
>shallow combat
>all variations of creatures and biomes will be explored within a few hours
>crafting serves no purpose because theres no goal
>wide as an ocean deep as a puddle taken to the extreme
>>
File: no man's sky variety.png (2 MB, 948x1267) Image search: [Google]
no man's sky variety.png
2 MB, 948x1267
>>344519931
That's why I posted it man.

I also got this for a larger sample size.
>>
>>344519891
It'll take you a long time to reach the centre. If you do reach the centre you've probably got the hours you want out of it.
>>
>>344519954
Thanks for answering, I guess. I'm gonna hold off on this game. The developers aren't showing much and it's making me skeptical. I shouldn't be digging in the ass-ends of the internet to find answers on simple questions on this game.
>>
>>344520068
>Cherrypicking
I'm still going to enjoy it and you can't stop me.
>>
>>344519995
Sims are made to simulate, not to offer the best gameplay out there, you don't know jack shit about videogames and are the typical impresionable parrot who copypastes the same old tired "opinions".
>>
>>344509183
Its not technically impressive. Procedural space engines are old hat and this is literally nothing new beyond dropping randomly generated mobs on those randomly generated planets. Its a non-game. Its not even a tech demo at this point. Its just minecraft without the crafting
>>
>>344520136
>Game is due out in a month's time
>Still no public demonstration of the gameplay
>Just closed door, 20 minute videos handheld by the developers

This game doesn't exist.
>>
>>344520020
That's a shame
>>
>>344520128
this is one of the things that bugs me about 'future' game design

everything is fucking pink. Fucking cyberpunk threads man... pink lights all over everything
>>
File: 1431893831385.jpg (76 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1431893831385.jpg
76 KB, 600x600
>>344520163
>your opinions are shit
>my opinions are holy word
>>
File: Capture.png (808 KB, 1000x720) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
808 KB, 1000x720
:3

Gonna be fun
>>
>>344512651
Not him but you do know you can reply to a thread without actually opening the thread, right? You can quite easily just reply to a thread and move on without ever thinking about it again. This accomplishes nothing, of course, because you'll never see the replies to your post but sometimes people just care so little that they want everybody to know and care that they don't care. They don't care if others don't care that they don't care but they want to put it out there that they don't care anyway.
>>
>>344520068
>there is a campaign
>there is multiplayer
>there are missions
>you're retarded
>you're still retarded
>not DS
>infinite variations of creatures and biomes, you have no concept of the scope of this game
>crafting serves many purposes and the goal is to survive and try to reach a specific point
>you're a nigger kys
>>
>>344520227
well what else is there to do? I was going to get bored and stop playing anyway. Being able to settle before dropping this shit like a bad habit would at least leave me with fond memories
>>
>>344520234
What's the purpose of preordering on Steam?
Are you worried they will run out of downloads?
Just buy it on day one, it's the same thing, except you could be making interest on your $60 for the next year until the game launches.
>>
>>344520234
>infinite procedual
There starts the lies.
>>
>>344511026
if they talked about the limitations people would realize the game is just a space engine with better graphics. Its impossible to actually make a game around a map as big as just cause's, let alone one the size of a galaxy. People thinking you can dynamically implement a game are ridiculous. Bethesda tried that with their Dynamic Questing for Skyrim and a huge dev team and look at the results. Its fucking nothing. Turns out you actually need writing and design to make a game, which requires attention to detail to every aspect.
HOWEVER
If this game had gone a massively multiplayer space battle route then procedural generation could be forgiven because it would not be a single player experience. But as it stands its space engine being sold for 60 dollars. A fucking scam.
>>
>>344520136
The reason they show so little is because the main selling point is exploration in all things; planets, gear, space ships, aliens, even gameplay features are being held back from being revealed (they did reveal for example that you cant talk to aliens, you have to learn their languages from guess what they are saying and finding tablets with their language on it which partially reveals what they are saying). They really want people to go in blind and find this universe that has stuff in it.

So you're totally right to be skeptical, I am too, there is just as much of a chance the world is empty as fuck as it is filled with content. Its all a gamble.
>>
>>344519665
the pink tint is all there you fucking moron. Thanks for proving my point though, I didn't think I would be able to find a good collage on short notice.

To address your other pedantic arguments.
>And you think it's hard to code a planet that doesn't rotate relative to its sun and split it into two biomes?
I'm not contesting that fact, I'm contesting that regardless, it doesnt fucking exist. Reading comprehension.

>How is this similar to Minecraft?
GOING AROUND IN A FUCKING BIG UNIVERSE MINING CRAP AND CRAFTING SHIT.
LEMME GET YOU YOUR SMART BOY DIPLOMA, MAYBE THEY'LL ADD A BUILDING MECHANIC SO MY ARGUMENT IS COMPLETE.

If you want a game that's actually good go fund space engine. I feel bad for whoever's gave their buck to this in the beginning.
>>
>>344520280
>You can quite easily just reply to a thread and move on without ever thinking about it again
We call this shitposting 'round here
>>
>>344519775
The issue is, all Doom had was problems and didn't have any cool looking features. It was an example of how to do everything to make a good game look bad, it's a pretty good example of how a game doesn't need good marketing to get interested parties to purchase it.
>>
>>344520234

Wait, this shit is on Steam?

I thought Sony were parading it around as some kind of exclusive?
>>
>>344520334
I wouldnt normally, but in this case it doesnt matter. Its an exploration game and the only way to benefit from it is to go in blind and hope the developer delivers. Im willing to take that risk on a genre that never gets a new title.
>>
>>344520450
It will be on consoles.
That will explain alot.
>>
>>344520232
It's much too late for you to be playing that card. You'e already expressed that if a game doesn't fit your idea of what it should be then it's automatically shit.
>>
>>344520132
> reaching the centre is your only objective.

Really?

YOU GIVE US AN EXPLORATION GAME WHERE THE ONLY PLACE YOU ACTUALLY WANT US TO EXPLORE IS THE CENTRE OF THE GALAXY.
>>
>>344520281
>There is a campaign
Source?
>There is a multiplayer
Yeah, it's so exciting to name shit
>There are missions
Still, source?
>Infinite variations of creatures and biomes
Why do I want to see the infinite shit when I can't do anything with said shit?
>Crafting serves many purposes
>Proceeds to state none
>>
>>344520390
>the main selling point is exploration in all things

18 quintillion planets in this game.
They could show us a hundred planets and it wouldn't be a scratch in the surface of the depth of this game.
I'll never find those 100 planets they show anyway.
Or are you saying otherwise?
>>
>>344520502
Its not an objective, hes lying

There is something at the center but you can totally ignore it if you want
>>
>>344520423
Sorry, I apologize, I meant "instagram filter" intead of pink tint. This way you can identify the target audience better. Adds to the shallowness too.
>>
>>344516859

I don't know if they are all nu males. They're nerds obviously, what did you expect from a high technical game that uses actual programming?
>>
>>344520498
>if its not your favorite sim..
Sanyo, stop projecting.
I dont care if its 1080p native with 3d.
>>
>>344516724
Procedural generation requires assets to be made to be procedurally generated. Devs make the assets, set the paremeters and then turn on the switch. In this case the dev team is only 15 people making enough assets to fucking populate a galaxy. Its a ridiculous notion in the first place, even with their procedural engine. Likely there will be a couple dozen biomes that will be repeated infinitely, the same as the creatures in the game. To implement multiple biomes per planet would exhaust everything there is to see even faster than will happen already.
>>
>>344520390
But that's what making me not buying this game.

I'm interested. I like the theme. I like the visuals. I like the overall idea and gimmick.

But they're aren't showing a single thing that's getting me hooked. This is not a good thing. As I've said, they're not showing basic and fundamental gameplay features and that's why I'm not going to buy, because I don't know what I'm buying.
>>
>>344520423
>GOING AROUND IN A FUCKING BIG UNIVERSE MINING CRAP AND CRAFTING SHIT.
That's an awfull large definition.

You might as well say that The Witcher and Zelda are similar because it involves you walking around a fantasy land and using your sword and bombs to kill monsters.

>Caps locking
You're getting pretty mad anon, take a break.
>>
So do you have to be connected to a server the whole time or can you play offline.
>>
>>344520542
> they're nerds.

Nope.
>>
>>344520583
It would exhaust the content at the same speed in different locations.
>>
>>344520146
>every aspect of a game is cherrypicking
I hope you do buy the game. I want you to spent 60 dollars on 2 hours of content.
>>344520281
Literally everything in this post is a lie or an insult. He has no sources to back up anything.
>>
>>344520535
Everything shown is lost content for players.

They show off the fact you can get a jetpack, now thats a feature people will never get to find on their own. They show off the fact you can learn alien languages, thats a feature lost. They show a type of alien species, feature lost. They show 50 different types of biomes, features lost.

Its an exploration game, its a risk to assume it has content when buying it but for them to reveal everything like a traditional release is harmful to the core principle behind the game.
>>
>>344520615
Thats one view; the other is that not knowing is exciting. They cant satisfy both.
>>
>>344520502
The centre of the galaxy is the dev's ultimate goal for the player. What you choose to do in the game is up to you.

But of course to reach the centre you'll have to acquire the needed technologies and ships. You can't just fly their right of the bat. You move gradually closer and closer to the centre whilst exploring other planets so that you can maintain your resources.
>>
>>344520503
>source
Interviews
>name shit
You can meet players, but it will be incredibly rare
>he doesn't care about seeing things
Then fuck off, it's not for you
>survival isn't a purpose
You need ammo types, gun upgrades, ship upgrades, suit upgrades.
>>
>>344520716
That require an IQ of 3 digits.
>>
>>344520281
>there is multiplayer

Wait. You consider naming something, and that name being sent to a server, which then sends the name to other players, multiplayer?

Fucking Wikipedia is more multiplayer than this game then.
>>
>>344520662
Anon. Players SHOULD know what's in a game when buying it.
How else will they make an informed purchasing decision?

I wouldn't buy a car if I didn't know what it could do, that would be retarded.

Like I said, show people several hours of video, just exploring multiple planets. In that short amount of time they can hardly show enough planets to ruin the experience, after all, there are quintillions of planets. There's so many in this game. They could never show too much content because there remains far more unshown.
>>
>>344520617
Go fuck your hat, seeing as you're so good at shilling, you could probably earn a good buck if you got yourself a town crier position.

HEAR YE HEAR YE, OF THE NO MAN'S SKY, WHERE NONE SHALL EVER RETURN AFTER TEN MINUTES, HEAR YE HEAR YE.

And so on.
>>
>>344520583
>Devs make the assets, set the paremeters and then turn on the switch
Yeah but NMS devs use the algorithm to change the shape and the color of thoses assets, doesn't that make for a greater number of possibilities?
>>
>>344520751
>You can meet players, but it will be incredibly rare
Toodd, stop the falseflag right there.
>>
>>344520281
>>Infinite variations of creatures and biomes
You do understand that the devs first had to make the assets that would comprise what is generated right? The fucking engine doesnt just make the shit up. The amount of biomes, textures, vegetation, etc can only be as much as 15 people were able to create. Obviously that cant be much. Procedural generation is just randomizing where its placed, and in the case of creatures, randomizing certain characteristics within a set of parameters and assets
>>
>>344520662
>literally infinite features
>but showing off enough to get people interested ruins the game

>50 biomes
whoa there, lets not get ahead of ourselves. It'll be more like 6 recolored in every hex color possible
>>
This is going to be the greatest game for the first week, and a huge pile of "what the fuck do I do now?" after all the shit is named by 'xx420EasyMoneySniperxx'
>>
>>344520806
>Anon. Players SHOULD know what's in a game when buying it.
Unless the purpose of that game is finding out yourself, which in the case of NMS it is.
>>
>>344520234
>infinite procedural
Modeling some assets and copying them an infinite amount of times is not an infinite amount of content. Its just a bunch of the same fucking assets over and over.
>>
>>344520425
Right but my point is you're assuming he must actually care because he took the time to enter the thread and post when A. he did not actually even have to enter the thread and B. typing a few short sentences on a keyboard is quite simple and hardly time consuming. Shitposting takes zero effort so just because somebody bothers to do it does not mean they actually must care.
>>
>>344520716
So the exciting part is buying a game that could either be the next Spore and losing $60?

Why not just wait a couple days after release before blowing your money? Because at that point it's not about gambling or different viewpoints, it's stupidity and hindsight.
>>
>>344510441
Where did the guy on the ground come from? Did he get dropped off by the tornado or was he just some fucking absolute madman who decided he was going to run astraighjt into it?
>>
>>344520814
I really don't see why you're so aggressive, considering the start of the argument was about the lack of tidal locked planets, I don't see how that would make you so mad and resort to calling me a shill because I've been responding to you despite not sharing your opinion.
>>
>>344520842
Just pirate it, and joint the shitpost fest.
This place will be filled with this shit, despite 75% of it wouldnt care about it.
>>
>>344520816
>blue koala-dog with long arms
>green koala-cat with short arms and a red tail

such possibilities
>>
>>344520915

So someone is taking the Bloodborne chalice dungeons and putting them in space with no combat and charging $60?
>>
>>344520794
It's entirely possible to bump into other players. But between the size of the galaxy, the distance between planets and instancing the chance of you finding someone else is very low.

There's also the question of what happens when you log out. If you log back in will they still be there or will you have been shifted to a different instance?
>>
>>344520929
>Why not just wait a couple days after release before blowing your money?
Because then why play the game at all? Its an exploration game, if I wait until after I know everything about it then there is no reason for me to play it.
>>
>>344520826
This engine uses a new type of procedural generation.
>>
>>344506249
>nice finally a new nms video
>june 2015

Good job op. Why are you keep making this threads. What is your agenda here?

Hahaha numale haha. Colour palat swap haha. Did they throw you out of the dev team or something? Why so assblasted?

B...believe me it will be shit guys. Why don't you belive me. Guys. NUMALES!
>>
>>344520851
>trust us, it's good

nah. These clowns just dont want to tease with what is probably 50% of their actual assets
>>
>>344520986
>yes, you could organize and gather 100 anons in the same place, but they wont see each other.
Such multiplayer huh.
>>
>>344521015
There's no reason to play it if the game is as shallow as the developers are making me think it is.
>>
>>344520986
>It's entirely possible to bump into other players
Only it's not. This is a singleplayer game and is listed as such on steam and GOG.
>>
>>344521034
Thats your take on it sure, but I would rather take the risk and be wrong than waste the opportunity.
>>
>>344521046
It's not meant for multiplayer you dumb cuck.
>>
>>344520984

Yup, this is as close to Bloodborne as the master race is getting
>>
>>344520662
holy fuck nobody believes what this retarded shill is saying, right? Every game shows gameplay, its how you sell a game. These fucking scam artists refuse to show gameplay because there is NO CONTENT. Do people not understand what procedural geneation is? Its the amount of assets 15 people could make and copy infinitely. Planet variation will be EXTREMELY LIMITED. Creature variation will be EXTREMELY LIMITED. There is no multiplayer. There are no missions. There is no campaign. There is no story. There is no dialogue. The entire game consits of landing on a cookie cutter repeated moon, looking at the cookie cutter repeated creatures, and upgrading your show so you can get to the next copy-pasted planet. Anybody stupid enough to fall for this blatant scam deserves to have their money stolen at this point. A procedural generated single player game is not possible, and likely wont be until we have the fucking human brain on floppy disk
>>
>>344521068
And there is every reason to play if they actually succeed. Except by waiting you ruin any chance of that enjoyment because you spoil the exploration features for yourself.

Again, its a risk. The only question about NMS is whether or not you are willing to take that risk.
>>
>>344521015

because there would still be literally gorillions of other things to explore if the game ISNT shit? Losing a drop of the potential ocean to save $60 sounds like a fair trade to me
>>
>>344521115
It dosent have multiplayer.
keep it simple.
You lies are as good as theirs.
>>
>>344521073
There are multiple interviews where developers and Sean have confirmed that it will be possible to interact and see other players if you happen to meet one, but that chance is so small, it probably won't happen.
>>
>>344520984
Thats exactly what this game is but with worse combat and even less story.
>>
>>344521157
Your assuming the only things to explore are planets and animals, which isnt the case at all. There are entire features they have hidden so people can explore and find them themselves.
>>
>>344520751
>Interviews
I ask still, source?
>You can meet players, but it will be incredibly rare
So more looking at shit, in this case people
>He doesn't care about seeing things
I'd maybe care if the things that could be seen were interesting at all. This game is going to get old 2 hours in
>You need ammo types, gun upgrades, ship upgrades, suit upgrades.
Oh hey, something mildly interesting. Sad thing is, it'll probably be lackluster and shit since that's not "the main focus of the game".
>>
>>344521149
You would honestly have somewhat of a point if $60 wasn't a major factor in taking said risk.
>>
>>344520662
I saw you could craft diamond tools in Minecraft and lost all interest
>>
>>344521084
>waste the opportunity

what waste? If the game is what it says it is, then the opportunity will be present literally forever. If it isnt then you saved yourself the return/chargeback
>>
>>344520751
>you can meet players it'll just be rare
They already confirmed that that's not true.
>>
>>344521084
Just up you fucking shill. Nobody is stupid enough to think a company that is selling their game on how varied it is, is refusing to even give a glimpse of that variation. It wouldnt make any fucking sense. Please tell your boss to come up with a new marketing pitch and some better deflections.
>>
>>344521139
Wait, are Sony fans still waving bloodborne around as their purchase validation? You must've had something else half-decent since bloodborne.
>>
>>344521146
Tripfag right now so I can make fun of you when you're BTFO once the game launches, faggot.
>>
>>344521198
You will "explore" anything untill you see the pattern of this procedual bullshit, and then, the magic is gone.
>>
>>344521227
The point still stands, the risk depends on what you are willing to gain/lose.
>>
>>344521046
Well that's how they want it. I think being alone in a big galaxy is one of their core concepts.
I think Sean once tried to liken meeting another player in NMS to the last man on Earth seeing what he thinks is another person in the distance. More frightening than pleasing.

Personally this a game I'd want to play alone.
>>
>>344520949
I'm not mad, capslock isn't cruise control for ANGER for me.

I'm just tired of waking up to the same fucking thread, there's a guy that comes on my channel and he talks about how fucking cool this is and how he's going to buy a 400$ headset JUST FOR THIS so he can get all immersed in this crap. And then when I go to lectures, there's always this fuckwad who tells me "buy it dude! it's gonna be amazing!" every time I make eye contact with.

I'm getting too old for this. Here, you made me feel bad, I'm out. Have a better day than mine anon.

The rest of the thread can go fuck their hats.
>>
>>344521209
>not the main focus of the game
It's literally the main objective you retard
>>
>>344521149
>Except by waiting you ruin any chance of that enjoyment because you spoil the exploration
Youre saying that procedural generated content can be spoiled. Can you please get your bullshit straight? It doesnt even make any sense you fucking retard.
>>
Will this need a joystick or is kbm/controller good enough?

Also can you get out of your ship and run around?
>>
>>344521180
Really? Are they the ones from 2014 when they still thought they'd put multiplayer into the game?

Because if you watch a recent one like the one from March of this year Murray tries to dodge the question of multiplayer and when asked directly if it's possible to go to the same planet and meet up with someone, he says no.

Oh and I'll provide source because I'm not a faggot: https://youtu.be/1ORFgfhj_hM?t=4m1s
>>
>>344521240
No, they haven't. Every single source confirms there is a multiplayer "lobby" everyone carries around with them. It's an invisible multiplayer bubble and when players get inside it, you can interact with them and see them.

Research.
>>
>>344521238
The point of playing it is exploration, knowledge of those features and content kills the exploration.

>>344521249
So if you made an exploration game and wanted to keep a feature hidden, you would reveal it defeating the purpose of the exploration game?

You're saying a puzzle game like Portal should reveal how to solve the puzzle, it makes no sense at all.
>>
>>344516859
i guess 'nu-male' aspect must come from a projected political or social thing on these people cause they look like how id imagine most all posters on /v/ to look like, other than them being over 18, and employed

its pretty dead on
>>
>>344521332
Firstly it can, they've made specifically different procedural styles the closer to the center you get

Second its also features and gameplay they are hiding for people to find.
>>
File: 1425780249755.jpg (461 KB, 960x592) Image search: [Google]
1425780249755.jpg
461 KB, 960x592
>Game is infinitely big
>Sells itself on the fact
>"Devs aren't showing anything because they don't want to spoil the game"
>>
>>344521272
You might be the worse shill ive ever seen.
>just trust us. the game is good. You dont need to know what it is. Just give us 60 dolalrs goy
Please kill yourself your job is fucking pathetic
>>
>>344521396
>having a job
You mean wageslaves.
>>
>>344521358
>knowledge of those features and content kills the exploration.

how can you kill exploration with knowledge of the content? Are you saying that once to 3-7 features added are discovered, I wont want to play anymore? That's rather telling about the games actual quality
>>
>>344521421
>Witcher sells itself on the story
>"Devs aren't showing the ending because they don't want to spoil the game"
>>
>>344521240

www.gameinformer/b/features/archive/2014/12/10/stop-thinking-of-no-man-s-sky-as-a-multiplayer-game.aspx
>>
>>344521480
People are asking to see the start not the ending you fuckwit.
>>
>>344521451
Thats not what im saying at all. Im saying the game could be good, or it could be absolute shit.

Im willing to take that risk, I understand if others are not.

I am NOT saying it will be good.
>>
>>344521480
Witcher has infinite endings?
>>
>>344521457
youre right about half of that, tech industry is a bullshit slave driving operation with no security or employee protection from higher ups beyond mcdonalds teir union gained benefits that are required by state
>>
>>344521327
I thought the main purpose of the game was running around looking at the pretty planets. Are you saying the main objective is actually going around murdering shit?
>>
File: 1434145681839.png (2 MB, 2100x2172) Image search: [Google]
1434145681839.png
2 MB, 2100x2172
>>344521451
anon, shills and bots dosent exist...
you are a tinfoil fedora hat... :^)
>>
>>344521480
They showed all the basic gameplay features and what the incentive is to play through said story and game.

No Man's Sky developers have not.

You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>344521472
They want people to find those features and be surprised they existed then to enjoy them, again, its an exploration game.
>>
>>344521017
No it doesnt you fucking mook. Its space engine. It cant procedurally generate anything beyond the assets created for it. It can randomize geometry, it can randomize models, but it cant create aesthetics. And the aesthetics are white define the biomes. And the biomes are predetermined by the 15 man dev team. They might mix them up a bit, but its not possible for them to create more than a few hours worth of variation. Stop lying you ugly, ugly shill.
>>
>>344521354
Did you even watch the video? He says it can happen but it's rare? Fucking lying cuck.
>>
So ok, this semi-random-generated universe is big, Like really big. There's tons of planets yada yada. But what do you DO in this game?
All these game showcases do is fly around
>>
>>344521457
>Not being self-employed

Shit cunt.
>>
>>344521580
They didnt show everything, so its therefore shit by your logic.
>>
>>344521582
you didnt answer the question though
>>
>>344521541
No job can't guarantee anything, no one is unexpendable.
>>
>>344521590
No one gives a fuck about biomes except your ass.

It can randomize geometry, and models.
>>
>>344521639
I did, they want people to enjoy features but they also want people to find them through exploration. Nearly all games today just do the first thing.
>>
>>344516859
>nu males.

Can someone explain to me what isnt a nu male anymore? These just look like average men in their 20s walking around, explain to me what /v/ looks like that isnt a nu male, im curious
>>
>>344521608
go to planet
look at sky
look at flora
look at fauna
pick up space rocks to fuel your ship
fly to the next planet
repeat until you get to the Huggy Bear statue at the center of the universe
>>
>>344521629
>not living from rent and just see the money roll without moving a finger
>>
>>344521421
JUST TRUST US GOY INFINITE POSSIBILITIES ENDLESS EXPLORATION 6 BILLION HOURS YOU CAN CLIMB THAT PLANET
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.