[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there even a remote possibility that Nintendo will respond
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11
File: Hambeast.png (315 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Hambeast.png
315 KB, 800x600
Is there even a remote possibility that Nintendo will respond to the consumer backlash from Color Splash?

Also, which had the better Pit of 100 Trials? TTYD or SPM?
>>
File: 1366814369727.jpg (16 KB, 363x266) Image search: [Google]
1366814369727.jpg
16 KB, 363x266
No, and Thousand Year Door's pit was actually a challenge so it wins by default. SPM's was too easy if you use Bowser with Barry or Peach with Cudge.
>>
>customer backlash
>on a game that isn't even out yet
>>
>>344506979
I'm saying that it is practically inevitable.
>>
At the very least we can pester them for TTYDHD like they said, but it's clear they don't want to make another game like it.
Use CS' Aesthetics but drop the white outlines and you're fucking golden.
>>
>Sticker Star sold more copies than TTYD
>Super is easily the best selling of the franchise

I hope Nintendo realises that that's solely due to the popularity of the consoles they were on and not on the quality of the games
>>
>>344505898
SPM's Pit felt more fun per floor rather than fight a monster a floor for an 45 minutes.

Plus the music was better too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF8VEwzm1cs
>>
File: Sticker Star final boss.jpg (15 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
Sticker Star final boss.jpg
15 KB, 290x174
>>344506979
>Consumer backlash
>From a group of people who insist that they aren't going to buy the game.

You retards really aren't that different from the censorshitters or SJWs.
>>
>>344505898
You do realize that Sticker Star was generally well received among casuals, right?
>>
>>344508854
Nintendo cares more about their hardcore older fans though.
>>
File: 1405300708346.jpg (8 KB, 251x189) Image search: [Google]
1405300708346.jpg
8 KB, 251x189
>>344508959
>>
>>344508854
Actually, the opposite. Sticker Star is up and away the most difficult Paper Mario game.

The people complaining, as you have seen, are mostly complaining about SS's lack of story. These are fans of titles like Gone Home... walking simulators. They just like pressing a button, beating an enemy, and then moving on to the next bit of story exposition.

Among actual gamers, Sticker Star is actually reasonably well liked. We are just overshadowed by you retards.
>>
>>344505898
>nintendo
>not thinking they're hot shit
>>
>>344505898
If I recall, SPM had an insane pit of 100 trials.

If I recall correctly, there were two, one for flipside and one for flopside, and Nintendo decided to be assholes and make you go through the harder one twice to get the level 100 rewards.

So I'm going with TTYD's because that one is reasonable and doesn't require doing it twice to get the level 100 reward.
>>
File: 1404279308837.jpg (16 KB, 500x558) Image search: [Google]
1404279308837.jpg
16 KB, 500x558
>>344505898
>Is there even a remote possibility that Nintendo will respond to the consumer backlash?

Have they ever?
>>
>>344509251
>Sticker Star is up and away the most difficult Paper Mario game.

>game where you can completely avoid most fights, and are punished for not doing so
>game where boss battles are all gimmicks with a specific way to make the fight incredibly easy
>>
>>>>344509606
They responded to the Federation Force backlash though all they didn't do shit

>>344509251
Are you an idiot?
>>
>>344509635
It really astonishes me just how common it is for SS critics to not know the first thing about it.
>>
File: Juice bar girl TTYD.jpg (3 KB, 92x132) Image search: [Google]
Juice bar girl TTYD.jpg
3 KB, 92x132
Nope, just one of the few who has played through all four games.
>>
Money speaks volumes, sadly they may get the wrong message and think the series is done for in general.
>>
>>344509792
>>344509606
>>344505898
Nintendo have always been aware of and responded to considerable negative criticism. They just don't do anything about it.
>>
The most we can hope for is a console Mario and Luigi game.
>>
>>344508959
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 200px-DimentioSuperPaperMario.png (34 KB, 200x227) Image search: [Google]
200px-DimentioSuperPaperMario.png
34 KB, 200x227
Why did this little faggot get such a neat theme song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jMFV55kTi8
>>
>>344509814
>implying
SS critics played SS, because we were all blindsided by how unexpectedly awful SS was.

SS is incredibly easy. The bosses are a joke and enemies can be avoided. Enemies aren't a problem either because there is no leveling and the game is balanced around paint-eating children being able to complete it.
>>
File: Sad Penguin.jpg (18 KB, 291x343) Image search: [Google]
Sad Penguin.jpg
18 KB, 291x343
>>344508959
If only that was true.
>>
>>344510851
They've been making fucking games for 35 year old neckbeards for ages now, what the fuck

When was the last time a 90's child was acknowledged by Nintendo outside of Pokemon?
>>
>>344510731
>why did the true villain get such a neat theme song?
Because he's a pretty important character. And weirdness/uniqueness begets weirdness/uniqueness.
>>
>>344509606
Breath of the Wind wouldn't exist if people hadn't been shitting on the direction of the series since Wind Waker.
>>
>>344512780
What the fuck are you talking about? Besides some very, very minor criticisms about TP and SS, the Zelda series has never gotten any considerable backlash. The only time, ever, was when images of Wind Waker first got revealed and people were shitting on the graphics style but even that quickly died down once the game actually came out.

Literally the ONLY reason BotW is the way it is, is because of Skyrim. Literally no other reason.
>>
>>344509251
Sticker star is indeed difficult, if only because the poor and cluttered level design makes it frustrating to advance in a level before giving up and turning the 3ds off. I tried doing a second playthrough of it for a stream and I had no patience for it.
>>
>>344505898
TTYD. SPM's 3 pits was way too much, and the turn-based combat makes each level a lot more tense in TTYD (oh and you can access it at the start of the game)
>>
File: 1465840375886.jpg (23 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1465840375886.jpg
23 KB, 320x320
>>344510814
>>344513813

That's bullshit. on GameFAQs alone I've seen people who have played all three other entries whine about how they couldn't even figure out how to beat the game or the bosses without a walkthrough. Sticker Star is the most challenging and the only reason people are saying it's the easiest is because they don't like it so they're throwing every aspect of it under the bus. It's well designed, especially in terms of the exploration and puzzle aspect it's better than most modern adventure games and a vast improvement on Paper Mario's past incredibly linear design with mindlessly easy puzzles and bosses.

It's a shame to see a good game like it thrown under the bus just because the Paper Mario fanbase are the worst combination of nostalgia blinded, cynical and inept.
>>
>>344516892
We played SS. We don't like it. We want the old style.

What the fuck don't you understand about this?
>>
>>344516974

I understand perfectly. I'm just observing you want the old style so badly you're willing to pretend Sticker Star is the worst of each category regardless of what's true or not.

I hate the echo chamber that has been created around this idea. Since it means the series can't be discussed properly because one of the games with very strong level and puzzle design is being treat as the opposite. I want a good game that takes the best aspects of te series, you just want the game to ape the old style.
>>
>>344516974
You should've just said that. SS actually has some tough puzzles with clues vaguely scattered about at times. I never once used a guide to find anything, but I sure as fuck didn't care for the "story."
>>
>>344517269
I've played SS and enjoyed it. The puzzles aren't the shit you're making them out to be. "Puzzle" is the last word that comes to mind when I think of SS, honestly, and I don't understand why people tote that as any sort of success of the game.
>I hate the echo chamber
So what? This is how communities like /v/ work, you're still not excluded from discussing specifics, you just have to try harder. You'd know this if it wasn't your first year on here.
>>
>>344505898
They did already, and their responses all basically boiled down to "we don't care".
They defended the toads by saying they have different personalities, and saying "that is difference enough"
They defended the terrible battle system by just saying "if you like Mario RPG's instead, we have the product for you, its called Mario & Luigi"
And they defended the terrible story by basically just rehashing the ending in sticker star where the sticker person sacrifices herself or something.
The girl saying all this even admitted that the idea for color splash came up at a party, and they decided to give it its own game.
Every single piece of information they give just keeps hammering home the same exact point over and over again: No effort of any kind was put into the making of this game at all. Its not at the same level as shit like amiibo party, a product made solely to sell more amiibo's.
This is by far a worse situation then even Federation Force, and I didn't think that could happen.
>>
>>344508623
Fuck off Cody.
>>
File: Worse than Bowser.jpg (24 KB, 253x238) Image search: [Google]
Worse than Bowser.jpg
24 KB, 253x238
>>344517998

Nice fanfiction.
>>
>>344518732
Nice shitpost.
>>
>>344506979
It's an entry in an established franchise. Are you implying the people talking about Color Splash have never bought a Mario game before?
>>
>>344508039
I don't want Neo-IS to make PMtTYD remake, I especially don't want them to do a shitty "modernization" of PM with Sticker Star's shitty standardized redesigns and Color Splash's boring, garish aesthetic.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.