[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metroid Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
M-M-M-M-METROID THREAD

Omega Metroid is best Metroid Edition

What's your favorite:
>2D game
>3D game
>enemy
>boss
>villain
>hunter
>powerup
>suit
>location

Where do you want the series go next?
>>
File: Flaahgra_artwork.jpg (832 KB, 837x998) Image search: [Google]
Flaahgra_artwork.jpg
832 KB, 837x998
zero mission
prime
ing
flaahgra
dark suss
trace
screw attack
light suit
sanctuary fortress
>>
>>344492502
>plant boss is his favorite
That's an incredibly odd choice, anon
>>
>>344492703
I just like the design and music

mechanically his fight is garbage
>>
I'd like to see a proper third person Metroid. Maybe over the shoulder shooting or something, with actual Metroid style progression and areas.
>>
Super Metroid
Prime
Another 2D metroid.
>>
Metal Gear X Metroid game when?

someone post the webm
>>
File: 174753985.png (106 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
174753985.png
106 KB, 320x240
HOLY SHIT wtf did anyone else know about this? The Metroid 2 fan remake is due to be released THIS YEAR

http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-last-stretch.html

>Metroid is dead, they said

LMAO how wrong this was... this is literally the most exciting time to be a Metroid fan. Metroid 2 is an amazing game and the most in need of a modern remake, and this looks AMAZING
>>
>>344494961
I've played it and while it was nice, I'd rather have something a bit darker like the original RoS and Super.

Props to the creator though, I really like the built-in functions to Samus's suit like Metroid detection and auto-archiving lore
>>
>>344493861
Venom Samus theory?
>>
>>344492817
Have 3d, over the shoulder, and first person cameras interchangeably.
first person forced to scan, over the shoulder good for close up firefights and allows strafing and dashing
further out is best for exploration and viewing obstacles. Or maybe just third person and over the shoulder. Hell, infamous has that scheme and works fine.
>>
>>344492703
well there was no octopus boss so he has to live out his sexual fantasies somehow
>>
>Metroid Fusion sequel begins with cryostasis and timeskip
Would you do it? Where would you set the game?Who/What is the antagonist?
>>
>>344492096
>Zero Mission
>Prime 3
>Pirate Commando
>Omega Pirate
>Ridley
>Rundas
>Judicator
>Light Suit
>Phendrana Drifts

I want the series to actually go in a direction i.e. make a new game already. We'd actually get over Other M much quicker with a new (good) game.
>>
Safe gameplay choices, one camera mode, easy to pick up but potential for high skill ceiling. Focus more on crafting a better setting and world to explore, minimalize the story or tell it through the world, cut virtually all exposition.
>>
>>344494961
over selling it but no yeah it's fucking fantastic

a bit linear yeah, but finding all the hidden shit and the powerups are pretty spot-on for a metroid game.
>>
File: 1466546469019.jpg (48 KB, 397x411) Image search: [Google]
1466546469019.jpg
48 KB, 397x411
>>344496816
mean
>>
>>344492096
Super
Prime
Blogg
Metroid Prime
Gandrayda
Speed Booster
Fusion's Gravity Suit
Sanctuary Fortress

Fusion sequel with new enemies and upgrades. Preferably with no space pirate villains.
>>
>>344496914
>opening sequence is fight against Federation Marines
>get rekt by their anti-Samus tech
>put into cryostasis
>timeskip

I'm thinking ancient evil that possibly explains why the Chozo disappeared; maybe something to do with another member of Ridley's species that was actually stronger than him? Also, have an SA-X clone that escaped the wreckage of the SR-338 collision be a secret boss
>>
How would a Metroid Isolation game work?
>>
File: q.png (164 KB, 485x301) Image search: [Google]
q.png
164 KB, 485x301
>>344500087
>have Samus be in her early years as a Federation officer/trainee
>fatigues like pic related, minus arm cannon and plus emergency pistol?
>ship gets attacked by Space Pirates carrying Metroids
>ships collide and heavy damage sustained by both sides
>able to traverse back and forth between ships because plot
>eventually Metroids get loose
>more plot
>>
>>344499692
ohh shit that could work
>federation fleet closes in on samus post fusion, ship takes heavy damage
>escape pod from the BSL containing an SA-X
>Samus goes into hiding, goes covert to stop federation operations on some derelict planet with tons of chozo TECHNOLOGY
>Join forces with the SA-X temporarily to destroy Feds
>End of game, there can only be one...
>>
>>344492796

Flaagrah's music is amazing. Really feels like you're listening to some freakish thing grow from something relatively normal, then it just grows and gets more intense, fits perfectly.

You could say the same about most of the boss themes from Prime 1, actually.
>>
>>344496914
There would be a year timeskip, Samus goes up against either a new ancient enemy responsible for the fall of the Chozo who were godlike during the Chozo era and still are now or an ancient Chozo AI that went mad during Chozo era and GF re-activated it and the AI is taking control of massive Chozo artifacts scattered throughout the galaxy and wants to use them to enslave of destroy the galaxy.
>>
>>344492096
Replaying Trilogy right now, just got the Phazon suit in MP1.
Top tier game. I'm doing Hard Mode for the first time with hints off and it's like playing it all over again.
>>
>>344492703
I found the Prime bosses a bit odd. Two chozo robutts, a glorified morphball puzzle a pile of rocks (Put up a good fight though) a giant gap where nothing really happens then the game piles a fuckload of Space Pirates on you in one go. Final boss was the shit...but it's second form was gay.

I guess if you want to be technical there's the Sheegoth.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.