[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk MMOs. What are you playing right now? What do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-02-16h48m00s169.png (827 KB, 1280x738) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-02-16h48m00s169.png
827 KB, 1280x738
Let's talk MMOs. What are you playing right now? What do you love about your game? What do you hate about it? Would you recommend your game, and if not, what would you recommend?

I haven't really been playing any MMO's since I dropped Blade & Soul a few months back in January. Game burned me out a ton and the way it was designed just made me feel like I couldn't enjoy it casually.

Picture kinda unrelated.
>>
How do you want me to talk about video games with that image
>>
>>344482113
Didn't the game come out in Jan? How did it burn you out if you didn't even play it for an entire month?

Just stop playing MMOs, they're not for someone like you.
>>
>>344482296
I got the month wrong. Around the time Silverfrost came out is when I quit. I thought that was in January.

And maybe you are right about that.
>>
>Maplestory
>nothing
>everything
>no
>anything that isn't maplestory
>>
>>344482495
How the fuck do you play Maplestory past 2009?
>>
>>344482113
There aren't any good MMOs anymore.
>>
>>344482113

I was playing Final Fantasy XIV up until a month ago. It was fun but I'm trying to give up the genre right now.
>>
Maplestory 2 looks fun

hope it comes out in a language that isnt korean soon
>>
Why the fuck mmorpgs still doesnt have option to turn on your mic and talk to people instead of typing?
I want to be able to raid dungeons with my bros without needing to stop to type all the time.
>>
>>344482636
I second this
>>
>>344483315
>bros
>mic
>probably also under 100wpm

This retarded generation literally killed MMOs
>>
File: lvl40mount2.png (1003 KB, 954x603) Image search: [Google]
lvl40mount2.png
1003 KB, 954x603
Kronos 2. Vanilla WoW best WoW.

Actually it's the best MMO.

I just got lvl 40 and my mount yesterday.
>>
I'm playing Riders of Icarus.
Basically just Dragomon Hunters but worse. Combat is way clunkier and you can only tame super obvious and generic animals like goats, wolves, and boars. I got the big spider but the second most spectacular animal I can tame right now is an evil looking cow.
>>
File: ERP.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ERP.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>344482113
Is Netoge good?
>>
Been playing Mapleroyals, an oldschool Maplestory private server, befote that I put a month and a half into FF14, i wish I was playing that instead but im currently at my familys house and I cant really bring my entire desktop over here. Both games are pretty fun.
>>
>>344483995

I wouldn't recommend it if you actually build a relationship through a MMO.

Hits too close to home at times.
>>
What to play: Animefags
>PvE
STier
Phantasy Star Online. <--- the most cosmetics in the history of gaming. Literally for anime fags. Literally fo RP fags. Just go there is you like character customization and don't give a flying fuck about gameplay content.
Maplestroy <--- For Overall Faggots
Blade & Soul <--- For PvP E-Peen Faggots

ATier
Tera. <-- True KOREAN hardmode grinding. JUST SWIPE YOUR VISA!
Final Fantasy 14 <-- WoW clone.
Vindictus <--- True Action Combat Waifus. (DEADGAME! But will be revived next week on the 13th). FUCKING NEXON.
Riders of Icarus <--- Current FOTM right now. Nothing innovation, standard MMO features.

BTier
Blade Desert Online <-- Muh graphics. For graphic whores. true KOREAN grinding. PAY TO WIN. JUST SWIPE.
Guild Wars 2 <--- Eww.
WarStar <--- Battleborn tier

TooHardcoreForFaggotsTier
Dungeon Fighter Online. <--- I hope you are good at fighting games.
SleeperTier (Games that no one heard of)
Monster Hunter Online (English Patch)
Kritika Online (SEA for official english release)
Revelation Online (English patch). Releases fall 2016 NA.
Moonlight Blade (English Translation)
Closers Online (English translation).
Soul Worker Online (No Translation)
TheNextBestThingTier
Lost Ark Online <--- This is next HYPE TRAIN MMO that everyone will be playing when it is released in the WEST.
>>
>>344484609
>MHO
>TooHardcoreForFaggots

No.
>>
>>344484609
Why do you type like a fag?
>>
>>344485045
No what.

>>344485183
It's a mating call technique I use to grab your dads attention.
>>
>>344484609
>DFO
>Hard
Fucking please, scenario mode is a fucking joke.
PRESS SPACE BAR 2 MAX LEVEL FRIENDO HERES UR FREE EXP

The hard part of DFO is stomaching how fucking badly it's been ruined.
>>
>>344484609
>Phantasy Star Online
Did it get english version yet?
>>
>>344486108
There is no other MMO that is as technical as DFO.
PvP takes skills rather than waiting for cool downs to reset.

I don't even need to say anything else. You can continue your HURR DURR, but at least name a MMO that is more technical than DFO while you're at it.
>>
>>344486703
>MMO
>Technical
pick one
it's literally that simple
>>
>>344486637
Just play the english patch. It has everything you'd possibly need to understand and play the game.
>>
>>344486835
DFO has your standard technical fighting game mechanics. It requires execution on the same level as fighting games since the inputs are exactly the same.

>pick one
There are 1frame links in the game that only pro players can pull off in matches.
>>
>>344482113
I have typically stuck to WoW and EQ1 throughout the years as my go-to MMO's, with some excursions elsewhere until the MMO dies like SWG, Tabula Rasa, etc.

Love them both for separate reasons, WoW produces a lot of nostalgia for me from when my brother and I used to play + meeting new people and what not. Dislike how it feels so balanced and the wait between expansions for new raids.

EQ though, like it because it's stayed relatively consistent most of it's life. My only gripe is, due to my life becoming more busy, less time to really dedicate to the grind, albeit shortened compared to P99.

They're fun games if you've got the time. I'd recommend something like ESO for someone more casual or EVE for something more complex.
>>
>>344486958
its mostly going through the hoops of makin a jap account and what not. how alive is that game?
>>
I really liked multiboxing in WoW, and it was fun to set up macros and stuff and have to control multiple characters at the same time. So I kinda want an MMO where I have like, a team of characters instead of just one character. They would all work together and I would set their roles and stuff (healer, dps, etc) and I could just kick back and relax while they did the actual work. Kinda like gambits in FFX-2.
>>
File: teso_2.jpg (363 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
teso_2.jpg
363 KB, 1920x1080
Been playing a lot of Elder Scrolls Online. I love how if you play it like you would an Elder Scrolls game, but treat it like Elder Scrolls Lite, it's super fun. I like how the quests are often based on exploration rather than grabbing a million quests in one town, completing them all in one fell swoop and turning in for all the rewards. In ESO, you go to a place, do the quest for that place (if it has one) and leave to go find another adventure. I also like how everything is voice acted. Because it is, no dialogue is wasted.

What I don't like is how it does sometimes feel like an MMO. All the usual exploits are there like aggro range, line of sight, leashing, etc. Still, they did a good job of masking it.
>>
>>344489715
>how alive is that game?

How alive!? Dude. PSO2 is the game that converted Japs to PC.
PSO2 literally keeps Sega from going bankrupt.
PSO2 has a crossover with an anime or other popular game every single month.
The English community is cancer, but it's very active.
The JP community is strong as fuck as PSO2 is the 2nd (or first?) most popular game in Japan. Not MMO, I said game.
>>
>>344490938
I use to play it before the PURGE, I didnt get banned but a lot of english players did, and the Japs didnt seem to care for the Eng players too much.
>>
>mfw I'm playing TOR/spoiler]

plz no bully
>>
File: entrance.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
entrance.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
I play wildstar

>raid group still doesn't have enough regular members to to start raiding in datascape like every other fucking guild in the game

We went in for one night but it was a magical night.
>>
>>344490132
Dragon's Dogma Online
>>
>>344493050
Don't worry, I still enjoy WoW
>>
>>344493594
I quit this game 3-4 months after release. How much has it changed? All I know is that they removed that retarded attunement requirement.
>>
>>344493808
>How much has it changed?
A lot. What made you quit?
>>
>>344493986
Couldn't find anyone reliable enough to get through the attunement with. My guild was huge, but was crippled by cliques. Pugging was impossible, and people were deserting in droves. Those in the guild who were raid-ready absolutely did not want to go back through the hell that was attunement and help out the people who got left behind, which sucked, considering I'd thrash them on the dps charts every time we grouped despite their raid gear.
>>
>>344483995
It's a bit juvenile as in it seems aimed at middle schoolers, but it's a cute story. 7/10 which is pretty good considering
>anime
>>
>>344494276
People are usually accepting of newer players, I know of at least one guild that will run players through attunement dungeons and has class mentors for people to get protips from. Pugging is still a gamble but for the most part people have realized they can't afford to be elitist assholes when the game really needs more players.
>>
>>344494276

ayoooo, this was my same exact experience. fuck that game
>>
>>344483995
Sure
>>
>>344495405
>the body of a shut-in neet
So this anime is high fantasy?
>>
>>344482113
>What are you playing right now?
Lost Saga EU private server
>What do you love about your game?
the sheer ammount of customization and skill ceiling is astounding
>What do you hate about it?
it gets pretty P2W as you level up, nothing a custom room can't fix but it gets ridiculous, specially if you play seriously
>Would you recommend your game, and if not, what would you recommend?
yes, it's a fun brawler and way different than anything else right now
>>
>>344493640
How is that by the way?
>>
>>344482113
>FFXIV
>catgirls, dungeons, Bard, Astrologian
>tanks, the fucking bullshit million quests between 2.0 and ishgard
>no probably not unless you like catgirls
>suicide
>>
File: 1466434444829.jpg (769 KB, 2258x1200) Image search: [Google]
1466434444829.jpg
769 KB, 2258x1200
>>344495581
>NEET shut in
She literally goes to school.
>>
>>344495784

>literally

I'm curious how one might figuratively go to school.
>>
>>344495784
Not before the events where they all meet IRL.
>>
>>344495619
Oh shit, I loved Lost Saga so much. I was devistated when the first guys lost the rights and I lost all my progress. Played since the beta and even recognized some of the guys I used to style on as they got to the top of the leaderboards with their crazy high leveled characters. I bought a female Shadow Assassin because I loved sneaking around and picking people off in the bigger teamfight modes. I probably preferred it before the remake because you had more invincibility on your armor skill and it was easier to do the flip without accidentally poisoning everyone.
Oh, and I got Pro Wrestler with one of the free character packages. She was super fun with that flying press and extra deadly if any of her skills decided to work (they didn't).

I think it would've been perfect without custom gear. Even if people had premium/cross-promotion characters you could beat them up and take their stuff to play with, but it got harder and harder to compete when everyone was running around with unbeatable equipment combos right at the start of the match. Probably been forever since I played but at the time boss mode against a Robin Hood who starts with the ice robe and berserker helm was 100% impossible.
>>
I just want an MMO with a good Summoner class ;_;
>>
post the swine
>>
>>344483315
DDO does though
>>
>>344482113
Just Elsword. Used to play GC too.
I only stay playing for Eve.
>>
>>344498917
>Eve

10/10 taste anon. Code: Empress masterrace.
>>
File: eve shrinemaiden.jpg (367 KB, 743x912) Image search: [Google]
eve shrinemaiden.jpg
367 KB, 743x912
>>344499516
aye
>>
File: 2 (2).jpg (1 MB, 1433x2023) Image search: [Google]
2 (2).jpg
1 MB, 1433x2023
http://exhentai.org/g/945413/bf7c6bedfb/
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.