[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you more into Japanese games or Western games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: sides.jpg (2 MB, 2548x945) Image search: [Google]
sides.jpg
2 MB, 2548x945
Are you more into Japanese games or Western games?
>>
Japanese, but I used to love western games during the 6th gen.

Western game developers all collectively shit the bed during the 7th gen though.
>>
I like Western CRPGs.

I like Japanese everything else more.
>>
JP but not too weeb.

Like something like TMS or Nep is a no from me.
>>
>>344477528
Overall Japanese, but I'm not against playing games from any region if they're good.
>>
Japanese no doubt
Moreso after I got a Vita and learned the language
>>
File: 342898923492300489.jpg (58 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
342898923492300489.jpg
58 KB, 600x800
>>344477528
neither I learned that I have more fun with reading then I do video games anymore. Im currently in the processes of just selling all of my video games.
>>
Can't really say either, because I like practically all sorts of genres and because of that play stuff quite evenly from the both sides of table. Japanese are objectively superior with third person action and fighting games, but on the other hand they don't really even try to make that stuff that west does better: grand strategy, CRPGs (I like JRPGs too, but not quite as much and honestly I don't see any point in comparing them to each other) and FPS games.
>>
>>344477528
I've got more Japanese games that I like, and I tend to prefer Japanese game design sensibilities, but I don't discriminate and plenty of my favourites are western.
>>
I like western rpgs and some dudebro games like multiplayer shooters, otherwise I mostly play japanese games.
>>
>>344478091
Yup.

Final Fantasy is the limit for me.

I'm getting 7th dragon code 3 just because of nintendolife review tho, it also helps the party members art isn't etrian odyssey pedoshit levels of trash.
>>
My absolute favorite games are mostly Western, but I generally prefer Japanese games.
>>
>>344477528
Western games because not many jrpgs are ported to PC and almost all japanese PC games are VNs.
>>
File: 283782728935.jpg (1 MB, 2548x945) Image search: [Google]
283782728935.jpg
1 MB, 2548x945
>>344477528
I guess I'm into Japanese games more
>>
>>344477528
>western game now is either a generic shooter or a cadualized shit
>jap game is getting heavily censored

They're both shit, get a better hobby.
>>
>>344480539
that's quickly changing.
>>
File: ...............jpg (87 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
...............jpg
87 KB, 612x612
>>344477528
Japanese games went to shit during the PS3/xbox 360 generation
And they got even worst current generation, In particularly in the RPG department compare Dargon Age inquisition to Final fantasy 13
Hallway verses exploration
Plastic Barbie doll girls vs realistic women with personalities
Strong story verses throwing together as many Latin babble you can together
I have no doubt in my mind FFXV will be terrible
>>
I used to play nothing but Japanese games and then they all went to shit.
>>
>>344481630
Japanese games are all more formulaic than western games these days.
>>
Oh wow a civil thread.
>>
>>344477528
Probably same amount of interest. A little more Japanese because i love Persona series and i'm hyped for the new one.
>>
>>344482356
>realistic women with personalities
I hope you're not actually thinking western game women are realistic and with personalities
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.