[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will they ever make this game, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: wc4.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wc4.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Will they ever make this game, /v/?
>>
When they deem it the most profitably opportune time.
>>
They'll split it into 3 parts like they did with Starcraft 2. Human campaign, orc campaign, something else campaign.
>>
They'll use it as a buffer before WoW 2.
>>
No since WoW is the canon story of the Warcraft universe and RTS games aren't that popular.

They will make an HD version of Warcraft 3 though.
>>
If they did, would the story pick up after Warcraft 3, or would we have to read all the shitty WoW lore to understand where things are?

I for one would like them to just remake Warcraft 1 and 2 on a new engine with up to date multiplayer assets.
>>
>>344473378
They'll use it to get a hold on another competitive esport scene.

Factions will have paid skins
>>
>>344473059
yes but it will be an $60 casual tower defense game with microtransactions
>>
>>344473059
RTS is dead, why waste money
>>
>>344473059
No.
WoW raped the ever loving fuck out of 1-3's story so much that no matter when they do for a 4th it will only be shitty.
>>
>>344473059
Honestly not sure how they would without creating a lot of new story lines or re-using ones from WoW.

They tied up most of the warcraft universe story lines in WoW. They are pretty much out of big storylines and the new ones they have created for WoD, and Legion have been absolutely horrible.
>>
It would be fucking horrible. No lan. Esports focus. Modern Metzen writing happily retconning and shitting all over everything.
Shitty map making community tools.
They bombed so hard with SC2's' custom map lobby system.
>>
>>344473059
They've already killed all the storylines that were left open at the end WC3 in WoW, and they would without a doubt fuck up battle.net, so I don't see why we should be excited for it
>>
Even koreans didn't like Starcraft 2, Blizzard is obviously done with RTS crowd
>>
>>344473059
You mean end WoW? No, they won't.
>>
>>344473059
They used the assets to make HotS
>>
>>344473059

Does it matter? If it does come out, It will be shit and never even get close to what Warcraft 3 was because the creators don't even understand what made Warcraft 3 great.
>>
>>344473059
Is that woman supposed to be a gender bent arthas?
>>
>>344475549
This.

Warcraft 4 RTS would have to either continue from Legion or retell the WoW storylines.
>>
>>344473295
>Warcraft IV: Rise of Lordaeron $60
>Warcraft IV: Rise of the Horde $40
>Warcraft IV: Rise of the Scourge $40
>Warcraft IV: Rise of the Night Elves $40
>Warcraft IV: Naga Mini-campaign DLC $40
>Warcraft IV: Tower Defence Map Pack $40
>Warcraft IV: DotA $100, skins sold separetely
>>
I think they could just make a faster Warcraft 3 engine with better assets, and then really focus on the map maker side of it. They can just make the story an HD Warcraft1-3 and call it a day, no extra retconning required.

Then supply the community with tons of assets an user friendly tools to make shit tower defenses and dota clones.

Blizzard did eventually realize how bad they fucked up the SC2 Arcade. If they just made this with an emphasis on community creation with high quality assets available, I feel like it would sell in spades.

The only real question is with mobile games exploding since WC3's time in the spotlight, would map makers actually come back to an editor that doesn't pay them anything?
>>
>>344477662
>The only real question is with mobile games exploding since WC3's time in the spotlight, would map makers actually come back to an editor that doesn't pay them anything?
Mapmakers are autistic, there are decade old maps that are still being updated. They'll take one for the team.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.