[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Darkest Dungeon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 2015-08-01_00003.jpg (250 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-01_00003.jpg
250 KB, 1920x1080
Are the difficulty spikes in this game acceptable?

Just playing on week 14 or something(70,000 gold) and I have only 2 characters left alive on lvl 3. The rest are all fresh fucks and the levels are now impossible to get a new team through to level them up.

Anothere reason for me to rage and stop playing.
>>
>>344472164
Why the fuck do you have so much gold? Are you using the same heroes over and over? Are you not upgrading anybody or treating stress/quirks/disease?
The strategy is to build up teams, 1 or 2 of everyone from each class, while keeping the stronger heroes for the bigger quests and shit. The difficulty spikes are absolutely fine because anything going wrong is either your own fault or crits, which you should be able to combat against with the right parties.
Upgrade the blacksmith, guild, and stagecoach for faster recruits dingus.
>>
>>344472405
I don't know why I have so much.
I've been healing them until they died. I upgraded a shit ton of weapons and spent some on armour as well.
I didn't really bother with curing negative quirks as they just replace each other and I cured serious diseases that were completely disabling.
I'm not looking for more fresh recruitsI can get plenty already. I want levels that I can train them on.
All the quests are now for veteran characters(which as I already explained) have 2 left..
>>
>>344472739
There should always be at least one or two green (easy) quests until you only have nothing but lv. 4+ heroes.
If not, you can just run in with the veteran heroes and then quit so new ones will spawn. If you're not getting any green quests at all, you've fucked up somehow royal and should just restart since you've just started anyway.
You NEED to constantly have backups of the heroes you like, and at least 1 of each, because each boss has one or two sweet spot parties that can absolutely steamroll it once you realize what to do. And you never know when one of your faves will die from random crits + stats.
>>
>>344473094
OK I might try that team strategy
Start again I guess.
Shame as this playthrough was the first time I got past the first boss and a shit ton of the cover levels
>>
>>344472164
If you have level 1 Heros there are always level 1 quests. Upgrade your people. If you have insane gold left over buy good trinkets. Make sure you heal disease and really bad quirks
>>
>>344473724
Literally no reason to start over. Just recruit 4 fresh people and go again. Recruit a ton of new level ones.
>>
>>344472164
All right. Don't bother to up your hero m8. Just send level 0 to die over and over and dn't heal them or anything. That will give you a shitload of gold and trinkets, and when you start doing the bosses, you can try to find the heroes who have interesting abilities and upgrade them.

Don't listen to the shitters who tell you to use your gold, you need to have plenty to be sure you don't go bankrupt
>>
Should I pirate this game? I usually get bored because of grinding and turn based doesnt help ot, but the art and the setting are appealing.
>>
>>344472164
The problem with this game is that since guys won't go into dungeons ranked beneath them, you have to grind entire parties at a time. You most likely will have to have 2-3 parties worth of guys at least due to stress until the end of the game, and all it does is turn the game into a slog. All progress has to stop so that you can recover.

The game is RNG heavy because it's a turn based rpg, so basically this means that on top of the stupid ass forced grind due to constantly having to heal your dudes and level up new ones, bad luck can lead to a double whammy punishment of losing a man ontop of having to grind even fucking more.

And this is all on top of the last area, which I've read individual adventurers can only go into once ever, probably because they go fucking insane or something stupid like that.
>>
>>344475417
It's worth a pirate. I play it in short sessions, a couple hours tops.
>>
>>344475417
It was a pretty garbage game that I refunded. Pirate? Sure. Maybe you'll like it. But it was a really, really basic game with RNG masquerading as difficulty.

Some people fucking LOVE that aspect but for me it was shit.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.