[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's the deal? i thought this game was hated even outside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: dmc.png (582 KB, 956x410) Image search: [Google]
dmc.png
582 KB, 956x410
what's the deal? i thought this game was hated even outside of /v/ may mays

is it fun?
>>
>>344471515
Its ok at best, worth a pirate only for the gameplay and somewhat pleasing visuals for said gameplay.

Everything else is pretty much shit even if you take out the DMC name. Mocking the series by simply existing is only a part of the overall shittyness.
>>
>>344471515
Like/Dislike system doesn't work.

The majority of the reviews probably says
>"It's not as good as the real DMCs, but it's still alright. thumbs up i guess"
>>
>>344472472
Seriously, bruh? Normies like the game, okay. /v/ is pretty the much the only ones who are that wholesome combination of being weeb and contrarian enough to hate anything popular the west has put out in the last ten years.
>>
>>344471515

Vergil DLC is great

rest is shit
>>
>>344472279
"No"

It's a good game, OP. I had many doubts myself, but I bought DmC: Definitive Edition and loved every second of it.

The game mechanics are inspired by previous renditions of the DMC franchise, but it maintains a level of originality and thrives on a quick pace. Most of the monsters can be killed relatively easily, but once you move up in levels, even low-tier monsters start becoming a hassle.

The combination system is absolutely beautiful. The variety of weapons, in conjunction with the general quick pacing of the game and permutations, makes it something entirely distinct. Nonetheless, people don't consider it the best combination system of the franchise. I enjoy it immensely, however.

Aside from redesigning Dante's overall look, they also redesigned the character plot/history and made it a bit more palatable and modern. It's also an interesting take. In comparison, this version of Dante is arguably more complex than the previous (and original) iteration. The devil trigger also works differently -- In lieu of undergoing a physical transformation in game, enhancing his offensive prowess, time slows down and enemies are temporarily incapacitated in the air. This allows you to take advantage of the combat scene by giving you ample time to attack uniquely, string combos together, fly between enemies, etc.

If you have anymore questions or doubts, please feel free to ask. I want to give you a full overview of the game.
>>
Vanilla DmC is shit without much argument.
Its sad because Capcoms input helped some of the combat but its pretty dull as a whole.
Some mods are available for the PC that make it a bit better though.
but the Definitive Edition rivals DMC4 in some ways
It's not worth getting a next gen console for, but its worth trying if you have one and see the game cheap.

Regardless the story and characters are shit and the only DMC it beats is 2.
>>
>>344473602
Where you been Tamaymay, we missed you.
>>
It's a good game. If you're a turbo autist or a die hard fan of the original series then you won't like it. Personally I always thought DMC was cringey as fuck, so making a cringey as fuck reboot doesn't really fuck it up for me
>>
>>344472279
>pleasing visuals
DmC looks like dogshit. Sasuga Unreal 3.
>>
>>344473613
>but the Definitive Edition rivals DMC4 in some ways
In no way is this even remotely true.
>>
>>344474009
I don't know who that is.
>>
File: 1461791261490.gif (607 KB, 187x220) Image search: [Google]
1461791261490.gif
607 KB, 187x220
>>344474509
No shit Sherlock, why did I even bother writing "somewhat" in that sentence if you're gonna be triggered before even reading it properly? And for the record I was thinking more for when its in motion, the special effects which are not the best but serviceable and the the big news TV head boss which was nice enough.
>>
>>344474798
everybody know Tameme Andolades
>>
>>344473613
>but the Definitive Edition rivals DMC4 in some ways
no it doesnt
most of the big complaints with DmC werent even addressed
>>
>>344471515
Only faggots who bought this shit garbage could vote, no?
>>
>>344475304
>guy's name is Tameem Antoniades
>someone capitalized the I in his name
>they misread it as a lowercase L

Wow.
>>
>>344474748
>in some ways
I could elaborate if you wish
I think in hardcore with turbo the game has a decent difficulty with Gods Must Die being a neat addition I hope is in newer DMC games.
I'm not saying its better. DMC fans seem to rally on DMC 4 even though it was rushed and has a ton of issues and is not without its flaws. Rivaling 4 is hardly an achievement.
>>344475317
>most of the big complaints weren't even addressed
The colored enemies now take damage from all weapons as many requested.
The Style meter is now more faster and demanding as many requested.
Angel evade was tweaked as well as Ricoshot
Various other balance issues were addressed

This post truly baffles me as many of the complaints I had were indeed addressed.
>>
>>344476298
>>The colored enemies now take damage from all weapons as many requested.
no it doesnt it just lets you hit them but it doesnt do damage
on top of that the biggest problems were about the overall speed of the game and the combos themselves
there was less attacks and each of them had animation problems where they jerked to the next attack if it wasnt a part of the basic combos
also there are pauses between each attack making the game feel noticably slower and clunkier
and you can argue that the turbo mode increases the speed of it but you shouldnt need to turn that on for it to feel fast
the old games had a good speed without it and turbo mode was for fun
not to mention other tweaks are stupid shit like adding lock on which doesnt change the game in the least bit
>>
>>344473602
Please dont listen to this disgusting troll
>>
>>344476565
>>344476298
p.s.
the most disgusting thing is that they decided that you need to pay another 40 bucks for an update to a game
>>
>>344473602
>time slows down and enemies are temporarily incapacitated in the air. This allows you to take advantage of the combat scene by giving you ample time to attack uniquely, string combos together, fly between enemies, etc.
why is this a good thing
>>
>>344476569
I'm actually not trolling. I really enjoy the game.

I'm also not in the minority. It has a solid ranking on every gaming website. Aside from one post, I haven't seen anyone give an honest critique or analysis of the game. I've seen adjectives thrown around, but nothing that gives me pause and makes me go, "wow, maybe the game isn't as good as I thought!"

>the game is shit
>it is garbage
>not as gud as ____

These aren't sufficient arguments. In fact, they aren't arguments at all -- they're barely opinions. There's barely any context and no one is discussing which aspects of the game they dislike in detail, aside from one post.

If you don't like it, please explain why. Elaborate on your premise regarding why the game is bad. I've discussed why I liked the game.

I welcome reading it.
>>
>>344477189
Oh I see
You are ignoring any and all opinions on the game that arent "ITS THE BEST GAME EVER"
>>
People that don't like it probably just pirated it.
>>
>>344476565
It does do damage, it just doesn't stumble enemies similar to if they were in DMD.
I agree with you on the second part
and I agree with >>344476648 but I have that same problem with most re-releases. I applaud it though because its the rare re-release that actually did something. You might not be a fan of it but it was better than just a 1080p 60 fps DmC DmC for consoles. I'm jealous DMC4 SE didn't get as much effort put into it, at least it didn't in the right places. We didn't need Lady and Trish, we needed some new campaign content and Capcom dropped the ball there.
>>
HEY

YOU

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?
>>
>>344477449
>why did this thing that clearly had limited time to be released not have an entirely new campaign

your stupid is showing again
>>
>>344476953
I never said it was good, only that it was different from the other rendition. I personally enjoy it because it gives me the time to string together fancy combos and I get to time myself when I take out a group of enemies, unimpeded.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoy it. That being said, I've probably only used it a total of ten times throughout the entirety of the game because I can honestly see how it could become/feel boring after a while.

If you don't like it, I totally understand. Different strokes for different folks.
>>
>>344477598
>some new campaign content
where did I say a whole new campaign?
>>
>>344477189
>Reviews
>believing those idiots who were probably happy because they were finally able to spam SS scores for the first time on a dmc

The crappiness of the game was discussed a long time ago, if you like this piece of shit you probably never played the others or any action game for the matter. And the remake doesnt even fix the biggest flaws.
>>
>>344477267
What?

>>344476565
>>344476298

These posts discuss the mechanics of the game and both posters argue about the merits or lack thereof. One of them even goes in depth.

>>344472279
>>344472472
>>344472962
>>344473613
>>344474509
>>344474748
These posts literally just call the game shit and that's it.

Waiting for your analysis.
>>
>>344471515
It's hated by DMC fans because it removed a ton of shit in a franchise that previously improved and added mechanics with each entry (including 2 the game's problem is the shit level design not the mechanics). If it's your first game in the franchise I guess it's alright but there's far better games in the hack and slash genre you could be playing instead. As far as the plot and characters go I can't possibly hate it cause it's so god damn stupid it's hilarious especially when you factor in that Donte is just a stand in for Tameem in his DMC fanfic.
>>
>>344478068
>for years people have stated what it is that they dont like about the game and have gone in great depth as to why its bad
>NO THEY HAVEN THIS GAME IS GREAT

If you are wondering why no one is taking you seriously its because everyone is tired of stating for the 10 millionth fucking time why they hate the game
especially considering you've already set yourself up to say "well that doesn't matter so it doesnt count"
everyone here already wrote you off as a faggot when you admitted you wouldnt listen
>>
>>344478024
I obviously can't change your opinion and we can agree to disagree. I like the game, I put in several hours and play it sometimes when I get some downtime from work.
>>
File: 1453300248097.jpg (37 KB, 419x600) Image search: [Google]
1453300248097.jpg
37 KB, 419x600
>>344478287
/thread
Let this thread die with the retard writhing in it. Or flood it with memes to trigger him further.
>>
What are some other games that only /v/ hates? I think Shadow Warrior reboot is a good one, 10/10 on Steam but everyone says it's the worst game ever here.
>>
>>344478590
no one on /v/ says this
>>
>>344478287
>years

I literally bought the game recently. About three months ago. I'm only reading the posts in this thread. So far, o one has been able to give a solid critique aside from one person who has highlighted certain aspects of the game.

Jesus, you're a gigantic fucking asshole who is barely capable of reading. I've highlighted the post actually giving solid critiques of the game, a critique that I can understand, and I'm asking for more.

I'm literally asking for people to shit on the fucking game, but to be more in depth.

Write paragraphs.
Give examples.
Discuss what you like/dislike and why.
Write in a convincing fashion.
Employ comparison/contrast if you must.

It isn't that hard. Take five mins to write something more than, "IT'S SHIT."
>>
>>344478552
>ask for honest critique
>retard

Seriously. Some of you faggots just don't deserve to breathe.
>>
>>344478590
/v/ will find a way to be contrarian and retarded as usual. Probably because they don't want to discuss video games and just want to greentext and call each other stupid. Remember when D44M was the death to all video games and it turned out being decent?

If OP wants to know if a games good, he should play it himself because I wouldn't trust any dumbass here, not even me.
>>
>>344478862
its been stated a million times already and its your fault for not knowing at this point
people have been shitting on teh game for like a whole year before the original came out
and you can sit around and say shit like "THE DE FIXED THAT" but the fact that they had to make people pay more money for fixes that should have just been default in the original game is a shoddy business practices in its own
on top of that even mentioning "critics and reviewers" isnt helping since all they did was shit on everyone by saying YOU JUST DONT LIKE THE HAIR

when it comes down to it the gameplay is slower
its severly less deep
its story is fucking atrocious and so are its characters
it was a terrible glitch fest
color coded enemies
some weapons are complete shit and others are brokenly overpowered
the game itself is a cake walk
the bosses can glitch to the point where they are unbeatable
the bosses require QTEs
dedicated roll button
retarded controls

and dont bring up the DE because no one wants to pay money for something that should have already beedn in the game
>>
>>344478862
>I'm literally asking for people to shit on the fucking game, but to be more in depth.

>Write paragraphs.
>Give examples.
>Discuss what you like/dislike and why.
>Write in a convincing fashion.
>Employ comparison/contrast if you must.

That's what he's talking about you idiot. People were doing that for years and got sick of it so they stopped. You really expect someone to keep doing indepth critiques for four years straight when the people defending the game will just keep going on with the hair strawman?
>>
>>344479183
I'm not the one who brought up/mentioned DE.

I only bought the Definitive Edition for the PS4, nothing else. I never played the original one, so I didn't experience the other shit.

I also paid about $25 for it, too.
>>344479207
Pardon my ignorance, but i never saw that...considering I bought the fucking game only a few months ago and this was a thread asking about it. I didn't know I had to do research into /v/ archives before commenting on a game.
>>
File: 360 N0SC0PIN BABIES.jpg (141 KB, 861x525) Image search: [Google]
360 N0SC0PIN BABIES.jpg
141 KB, 861x525
>>344478068
>>
I want Donte posting to come back
>>
>>344479618
>people bring up arguements for 4 years when people like you come in saying YOU JUST DONT LIKE THE HAIR
>not expecting people to get upset about this

you clearly did some research considering you mentioned that all you ever see is critics loving it and shitting on people for not liking it
>>
>>344479618
>I didn't know I had to do research into /v/ archives before commenting on a game.

Oh fuck off this game was extremely controversial when it came out you had plenty of opportunity to read about it then instead of expecting people to spoonfeed you now.
>>
It's literally fine. I played it and the Vergil DLC.

The hate is memetic and snowballed from shitposting about the redesigned Dante.

That's the elephant in the room about the game now because weeb spergs kneejerk'd at their old bishie being taken away and replaced with an equally cheesy punk.

Personally: I like DmC (kinda) AND its Dante (a lot). I think that the niche they drew him from is awesome. Original Dante was a lovable tryhard anime character who was in no way a human being. ReDante is that kid that smelled bad in middle school because his mom didn't wash his clothes and spent the money she made giving toothless blowjobs on more meth instead of soap. He's like Mitch Michelson from Powerpuff Girls grown up.
>>
>>344471515
FUCK YOU
>>
>>344479853
>shitposting about the redesigned Dante.
opinion discarded
>>
>>344479892
Autist Weeb in Denial: What you need to know to protect your family-

Tonight on 9 News.
>>
>>344471515
people just hate the haircut and his new 'tude but other than that the gameplay is still great, but it's super easy to rack up mulitple SSS scores.
>>
>>344473602
Fucking kill yourself

Also, Definitive Edition didn't come out on PC so your review is even more retarded.
>>
>>344480445
stop replying
>>
>>344478432
why not play a dmc that isn't shit with an unlikable protag instead?
>>
>>344478862
jesus christ youre a giant fag. obviously you weren't on /v/ when this game came out since the board was nothing but dmc threads for fucking months. please go back to where you came from.
>>
File: 1388877400458.png (85 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1388877400458.png
85 KB, 625x626
>This Thread
>>
>>344479794
I read a few reviews about it. I don't know about people shitting on others for not liking it/discarding genuine critiques or opinions on it.
>>344479831
You act like I fucking know this.

I'm sorry I made the mistake of making a post on a damn game I bought three months ago and read some reviews for. Fucking sorry I triggered some of you into rage mode by sharing my opinion on it. Sue me for my ignorance on how much rage this generates.
>>
>>344471515
no, its bad
>>
>>344471515
Good game. Bad DmC game. That's about all there is to know, really.
>>
>>344480962
>>I read a few reviews about it. I don't know about people shitting on others for not liking it/discarding genuine critiques or opinions on it.
just about every positive review goes
DONT LISTEN TO THE ANIME FANBOYS THEY JUST DONT LIKE HIS HAIR

its the most biased thing in the world
>>
>>344480962
>You act like I fucking know this.

How the fuck could you not? There were threads nonstop about this all over the front page here alone and that's not even counting all the articles from gaming sites covering it. You're either totally oblivious or just trying to act naive to screw with everyone.
>>
File: 1438107983404.png (2 KB, 126x16) Image search: [Google]
1438107983404.png
2 KB, 126x16
>>344478862
Fuck you.
Example: Fuck, you.
Fuck you? No? No, fuck you
The secret to success: Fuck you.
Compare; The verb here is Fuck, and the subject is you.

It's also shit.

>>344479714
I kind of do too. DmC was like a second tortanic. Nowadays you can't even call a game out on its negativities without one of those "Why do we hate X now" comments or threads popping up like /v/ is three people.
>>
File: dmc grade.png (511 KB, 1275x1084) Image search: [Google]
dmc grade.png
511 KB, 1275x1084
>>344480962
We get it, you're a newfag with shit taste.
>>
>>344480445
I said for the ps4 in another post. I never mentioned PC. What the fuck? I'm now being accused of shit that I never even said.
>>344480810
No, I wasn't on /v/ at that time. My boards are /tv/ and /sp/. I come on /v/ to talk about a new game I bought or get some candid reviews from people about games I think about buying.
>>
File: 1467781211723.jpg (172 KB, 588x393) Image search: [Google]
1467781211723.jpg
172 KB, 588x393
>>344481340
>My boards are /tv/ and /sp/.
No wonder you're such a cancerous piece of shit
>>
File: 56723549.jpg (27 KB, 300x260) Image search: [Google]
56723549.jpg
27 KB, 300x260
>>344481340
>My boards are /tv/ and /sp/
>>
>>344481140
I wasn't fucking here.
>>344481320 post nails it. I'm a virtual newfag to /v/. I only come to chime in and read some stuff regarding games I may like or be interested in.
>>
>>344480962
act like a retarded newfag, get treated like one. simple. fuck off.
>>
>>344480641
What kind of cuck do you have to be to dislike Donte? He flips through his flying trailer naked and before it hits the water he comes out the other side with his jeans and boots on and pizza in his mouth.

He has a soft spot for humans and hates the "They Live" style world of oppressive Fat Cat Demon authoritarians.

He has a sword and pistols. He wears a red coat.

Is it seriously because his hair is black? It gets a white streak later when you start unlocking the angel weapons.

Here's my hypothesis, honestly.
>NuDante haters exist because NuDante has an actual established character. He has a personality, he has conflicts, he has a humor, etc.
>This runs contrast to OldDante, who was by all means a Gordon Freeman style self-insert character. OldDante was practically a silent protagonist BUT
>BUT
>-on top of that self insertion and control that comes from a silent protagonist, the player was bolstered by empty one liners and cool-isms. OldDante was like Duke Nukem. The player is Duke, but Duke is also a badass so the player is also a badass thusly. Same for OldDante.
>Now that NuDante's an actual character like Nathan Drake or Wei Shen, the self insertion is gone and the player is no longer empowered as before.
>>
>>344481612
I've given you reasons why people hate it
DmC is a legit bad game
and people saying "its a good game just a bad DMC game"
the game was fucking atrocious and shit on anything people from the previous games liked while also introducing us to a slew of game breaking glitches such as wall climbing "by just tapping jump and attack while holding the angel style), infinite flying, bosses who cant die, and enemies who can just stop moving in general
>>
>>344481612
>I wasn't fucking here.

That's not an excuse. I used this board as an example of just one place where people were debating about it all the time. You're clearly just making up shit to screw with us if you're trying to claim you did not see one moment of people arguing about DmC in the year leading up to launch and a little after launch because it was everywhere.
>>
File: 1392245393658.png (92 KB, 304x317) Image search: [Google]
1392245393658.png
92 KB, 304x317
>>344481071
This.
Disregarding awful gameplay, bugs, characters, plot, almost every single thing about the game being bad, and then blaming fans for the game not being successful.

It deserves all the hate it got, and more.
>>
>>344481838
>NuDante haters exist because NuDante has an actual established character
I'll be honest I stopped reading here
Donte has almost no character and way less of an arc then Dante did in DMC3
the only "character arc" he goes through in this one is going OH I GUESS I SHOULD HELP HUMANS in the second fucking level
>>
File: dmc.jpg (476 KB, 997x450) Image search: [Google]
dmc.jpg
476 KB, 997x450
>>
File: 1459235347271.jpg (50 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1459235347271.jpg
50 KB, 500x492
>>344471515
>To review the game you have to buy it
>The only reviews will be from people willing to pay money for DmC
>>
>>344481838
>his runs contrast to OldDante, who was by all means a Gordon Freeman style self-insert character. OldDante was practically a silent protagonist
This is hands down the most wrong post I've ever seen on this website
or at least about this topic
holy shit
>>
>>344471515
Fuck you!
>>
>>344482007
DMC3 was a bad port. Whats your point?
>>
>>344482007
>mixed for DMC3
That's because the port was shit until the fix
>>
>>344482007
>PCucks
>>
>>344481840
Yes,you have. I highlighted your post, I think. I never said it was wrong. Thank you.
>>344481856
I think you're misunderstanding me here. This may trigger you intensely what I'm about to say, but I'm going to say it: I play games casually. A few hours on the weekends (maybe), I read about two or three reviews for a game that looks nice/interesting and then I make the gamble to buy it. I bought many games this way. You're acting like I ***must*** know these things, but I don't. I'm not in the environment like you think I am.
>>
>>344480236
>people just hate the haircut
hello tameem
>>
>>344471515
It's alright as a game, not as a reimgaining of an established series. But who knows, maybe normal people aren't as fucking anal as us.
>>
>>344482007
DMC3 on the PC is one of the most god awful ports I've ever had the misfortune of playing. I'm shocked it isn't receiving worse Steam Ratings considering picking up a controller to play it is like dipping your hands in a deep fryer.

Here's two examples of why that I can recall off the top of my head and they should say it all:
>Move is bound to right stick
>multiple third party programs and external hardware reconfigurations are necessary to even play the game

>>344482106
>this is hands down
No, it's a post. Ha, see, I can snip parts of shit out of context and argue with it too :^)
>>
File: anime character.jpg (17 KB, 346x259) Image search: [Google]
anime character.jpg
17 KB, 346x259
>guy defends DmC
>hasn't played the other games
>sucks at video games
>has generally shit opinions
>resorts to HURR DURR YOU'RE JUST MAD CUZ OF THE HAIR
It's been what, 3 years since the game came out? I can't believe there are still people going on about this shit. I just want to put this horrible ordeal out of mind
>>
>>344482564
>>No, it's a post. Ha, see, I can snip parts of shit out of context and argue with it too :^)
except the rest of your post is incorrect as well
Its clear that you never even played the other games
>>
>>344472472
This.

Hitman Absolution is at 90, and that is straight up in-fucking-correct.
>>
>>344482518
>This may trigger you intensely what I'm about to say
So on top of /tv/ memery you're also a /pol/tard. Just fuck off and die, you've had your ass handed to you all thread
>>
>>344482623
I never mentioned the hair issue, ever, in my posts.

I never knew this game drew such immense outrage. People are seriously fucking pissed. A whole thread devoured me. I didn't know the history behind it. Sorry.
>>
File: 1431446060164.jpg (102 KB, 336x506) Image search: [Google]
1431446060164.jpg
102 KB, 336x506
>>344471515
>>344482007
DmC isn't the worst action games, but it doesn't hold a candle to the likes of mainline DMC, Bayo, or Ninja Gaiden. DmC is okay, but having played the other DMC games I would much rather replay DMC 1,3,4 than the reboot.

The reason /v/ shits on it:
>Lacks the depth of older DMC games
>Far fewer moves, only one type of command input, many classic moves and style moves gone
>Easier
>Shit performance for a DMC game
>Broken at low levels of play
>Color coded enemies (partially addressed by DE)

Also, I rarely see anyone mentioning the yellow grab states of the enemies, but I really hated that. Enemies would stay in a grab state for way too long, but in older DMC, you can interrupt enemy attack animations is you hit them early enough. Did anyone else hate the yellow grabs too?

The reason it has good steam reviews/normies like it:
>Probably don't play a lot of action games or DMC. Could be first action game.
>Because hardcore DMC fans shit on DmC, they have low exceptions and think it will be absolute garbage. (for reviewers they want to say it's good to spite DMC fans)
>Game exceeds low expectations
>Much more accessible in terms of difficulty, so more people can beat it and like it
>For people who couldn't deal with DMC4's backtracking, they prefer DmC's campaign.

There you go OP. It just really depends on what you want out of action games and your experience with DMC or other action games of the same caliber.
>>
>>344482637
I don't think so, or else I wouldn't have written it.

I really figure that Dante is a blank-ish slate with a cool edge and that makes people like him more than Donte who's like a slate that's already been drawn on. It goes to note that the faint stuff on Dante's slate is also present on Donte's, but he has more shit on there too.
>>
>>344482905
>I didn't know the history behind it. Sorry.
As if it weren't obvious enough you're a newfag
>>
>>344482623
It was a fun time to be on /v/ though. Thi4f was a new hell for me
>>
>>344482989
the problem is that dante isnt a blank-ish slate
he has a very clear personality which is portrayed in DMC1 3 and 4
thus making you incredibly wrong
>>
>>344471515

Tbh I loved the gameplay

This is one of those cases of "it's a good game, just a bad X game" alongside Bioshock Infinite & Resident Evil 6
>>
>>344483062
I believe you're mistaking the cool edge of Dante's slate for character. I've played 1 and 3 and all I (and everyone but the most hardcore of fanboys) can recall of him is CUHRAZY antics and bantz.

He's got as much personality as Duke Nukem, to go back to comparing him to Gordon Freeman but with more outward 'tude.

I'm not backing down, and I don't expect you will either so let's call it here. I gotta go shit.
>>
>>344483456
what you are saying doesnt make sense

>Im aware of his personality but its not actually a personality because I say its not

Dante has a personality, ideals, a backstory, and a character arc
how in the fuck is he not a character
>>
>>344472962
well thats because if you looked at the credits for it a lot more of capcom worked on the game hands on
>>
>>344483456
How can you still have shit left when you've been defecting on your keybiard for so long.
>>
THIS IS A VERY GOOD GAME
>>
>>344482905
>game is a reboot to a loved franchise
>said reboot shits on everything that the previous games liked
>people write off any and all problems with "you just dont like dante"

gee i wonder why people are butthurt
>>
>>344479618
>I only bought the Definitive Edition for the PS4, nothing else. I never played the original one, so I didn't experience the other shit.
the way they fixed color coded enemies is now the wrong weapon does 1 damage each hit its stilla bad fucking game
>>
>>344483252

>bioshock infinite, RE6, DmC

fuck man, how can you have that much shit taste
>>
>>344479618
DE is still a glitchy fucking mess.

Before you ask for evidence do a two second goddamn youtube search for it's slew of bugs.
>>
>>344484249
RE6 is ridiculously fun if you let it be. Bioshock Infinite and DmC are just trash.
>>
File: 1457617518690.jpg (66 KB, 641x589) Image search: [Google]
1457617518690.jpg
66 KB, 641x589
>>344481838
>Dante was a silent protagonist

Is there a fucking award for most wrong somebody has ever been on /v/?
>>
File: 1465599608658.jpg (455 KB, 1400x990) Image search: [Google]
1465599608658.jpg
455 KB, 1400x990
>>344483456
>>344482989
I don't know about your definition of a blank slate character, but even Kamiya said Dante was designed with a personality.
http://web.archive.org/web/20160609153730/http://survivhor.biohazardfrance.net/morbidcreations/dmc_behind/int_hideki/dmc_int_hideki_2.htm
>Hideki said not only cool, he wanted something that gives a strong personality to Dante. Creation of Dante's way is exact creating Dante himself.
You can also find stuff on how they worked with Reubin to portray young Dante in DMC3 and older Dante in DMC4
So you're objectively wrong.
>>
>>344471515
Why do all new games have that same pose of the protagonist holding his gun over his back back?

Last year, every guy with a gun had their back facing you.

I'll bet that next new pose will be them holding a shotgun, with one hand and pointing downward while the character is looking up to the sky.

Another theme this year is characters having kids and/or growing ugly beards.

Triple A games are getting pretty lame.

Indie dev hipsters look like AAA protags.
AAA Japs look like indie pixels.
>>
>>344484570

>RE6 is ridiculously fun if you let it be

only if you are the kind of type enjoys watching horrible zombie c-movies, and likes them because how shit and wacky their with occasional sexual vibes to it
>>
File: 1465870844988.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465870844988.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>344483456
Pic related alone was a better character moment than absolutely everything in DmC.
>>
>>344484993
I think RE6 had excellent combat mechanics tied to a mediocre game.
>>
>>344485114
>DMC3
>dante starts off as a loud arrogant jackass who just wanted to murder his brother
>as the game goes on he matures and understands how important his family is to the point where he tries to save vergil's life and is actually sad about it

>DmC
>donte is a selfish prick who cares only for himself
>2nd level has him be recruited to vergil's army and wants to help humans

its weird becuase thats about the extent of his arc in DmC
I mean it would have been nice if there was pacing
>>
>>344485246

I would say it had standard solid gameplay with dumb as shit enemies
>>
>>344485732
That is also an accurate and valid assessment.
>>
>>344471515
Considering DMC3 is the best game in the series and has a low score because the port sucks as I'd say people aren't just liking something because it's fun.
>>
All they had to do was name it something else and DmC would have been accepted by everyone.

Too bad these idiots thought it was a great idea to reboot the series.
>>
>>344485381
They weren't even consistent with Donte's character. I've never seen a MC dropping down so fast in a game.

The introduction was his highlight.
>>
>>344487003
>All they had to do was name it something else and DmC would have been accepted by everyone
Not with its abysmal story and below average gameplay
>>
>>344487003
>All they had to do was name it something else and DmC would have been forgotten by everyone.
Fixed
>>
>>344471515
Had some great ideas for a DMC game but the gameplay and shitty characters held it wayyyyyy back
>>
>>344478862
>Write paragraphs.
http://pastebin.com/y3PKiumh
>>
>>344487071
Opinion discarded.

If you really think shit like GodofWar, MGR, and/or Batman require more execution and have more combat depth that DmC I shouldn't be talking to you.
>>
>>344487578
well considering the original DMC series has much more combat depth
yeah the gameplay was pretty bad
>>
>>344487578
Nigger it isn't about the depth entirely it's about how entertaining the game is as a whole and DmC fails at that wholesale. People don't just like NGB for its difficulty.
>>
>>344471515
Yeah I enjoyed it. Leagues ahead of Ninja Theory's other games.

Word is that Capcom personally intervened to help them with the combat, though, so that might explain that.

Most of the bad shit is either superficial stuff like the plot or holdovers from Heavenly Blade like the angel/demon powers.
>>
>>344487729
But DmC's combat isn't below average. You're wrong there.

You can compare DmC to DMC all day and I will side with DMC, but DmC versus 90% of the shit that is able.... DmC wins easy and it was made by fucking western kids.
>>
>>344487781

ngb and ng2 were so solid, a real shame they went full edge with 3
>>
Why is Mundus fat and ugly?
>>
>>344488091
I never played either version of 3 from what I understand, I didn't miss anything. Shame the series is dead and buried
>>
File: 1464632863759.jpg (275 KB, 2067x1602) Image search: [Google]
1464632863759.jpg
275 KB, 2067x1602
>>344487781
>People don't just like NGB for its difficulty.
Objection!
>>
>>344488156
BECUASE ITS A COMMENTARY ON SOCIETY
in all seriousness though mundas and his whore was a lot more likeable then then main characters
>>
>>344471515
If the guy wasn't called Dante and it was just a new franchise the game would be universally praised by /v/. It plays well and has some good boss fights.
>>
>>344488220
It's a major reason but yeah, it's not the only one.
>>
>>344471515
It's probably the most fun Devil May Cry.

It's just not challenging in any way shape or form.

But it looks and plays great.
>>
>>344488010
>it was made by fucking western kids

It was not, Capcom had to fly Itsuno and his team to NTs studios because "their" game was so shit. There are several articles from years back about Capcom dealing with how just utterly incompetent NT are as developers.

What you saw and played in DmC was Itsuno's team trying to salvage what they could from NT's original combat.
>>
>>344488316
no it would have been forgotten and no one would have cared about it
you can say what you want but the game itself was still a terrible glitchfest with only mediocre gameplay
>>
>>344488269
AVA DEVINE AND ???? AS MUNDUS
>>
>>344488457
DEMON
[wub]
KING
>>
File: 1316842684847.jpg (18 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1316842684847.jpg
18 KB, 360x360
>>344487578
There's more to a game's depth than just LE CUHRAYZEE COMBAT xD. DMC4 understood this, DmC doesn't. Those other games somewhat understand it as well and that makes them far better even if you can't juggle an enemy like you can in DmC.
>>
>>344488383
Link them.
>>
File: uzHb4z8.png (2 MB, 3840x1080) Image search: [Google]
uzHb4z8.png
2 MB, 3840x1080
Just finished it a few days ago, i loved it.
>>
>>344488521
HAHAHA
>>
PCucks have no standards, what else is new? Look at how well games like Neptunia, Zestiria and RWBY are received on PC.
>>
>>344488639
http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/30/3931784/capcom-devs-describe-the-long-distance-romance-with-ninja-theory-that

this is the most famous one
honestly it goes to show that Ninja theory had no real interest in the DMC games
>>
>>344488558
Nigga what the fuck is "LE CUHRAYZEE COMBAT"?????

I need a definition for this shit.
>>
>>344488657
alucard703, old account huh?
>>
>>344488823
DMC, Clover and Platinum types of Combat
>>
>>344488767
7/10 made me reply
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (485 KB, 390x223) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
485 KB, 390x223
>when you find out the Soundtrack is done by Noisia
>>
>>344489013
Explain what part of that post is factually incorrect then.
>>
>>344489013
Neptunia is definitely garbage and Zestiria is one of the weakest titles in the series. I don't see how that anon's observation was incorrect
>>
>>344488558
>DMC4 understood this
What? That's not how you spell DMC3.
>>
>>344489178
>Zestiria is one of the weakest titles in the series

Got damn, what did Bamco do? Even the casualfags think this game is shit.
>>
File: Kiriya Aoi - 01159.jpg (56 KB, 600x720) Image search: [Google]
Kiriya Aoi - 01159.jpg
56 KB, 600x720
>You are this powerful demi-god/immortal half-breed character
>You need to do a million hit combo to kill a lowly grunt monster for some orbs
I love DMC3-4, by the way.
>>
>>344489640
>I love DMC3-4, by the way.
But why
>>
>>344489640
Not in the cut scenes faggot.
>>
>>344489640
Well DMC3 had Lady, an untrained, ordinary chick with some guns just fucking shit all over demons.

So you know, Dante isn't much of a demigod. Or demidemon, whatever.
>>
>>344489640
YOU HAVE TO EAT ALL THE NOONOOS
>>
>>344471515
Yeah, it's fun. More accessible than all the other DMC games, so fans of the series hate it.
>>
>>344489395
Because DMC4 is in a league of its own as far as combat. DMC3 is definitely the better overall game but combatwise DmC is trying to be more like DMC4 than 3
>>
>>344488879
12 years and counting
>>
DmC is the best game in the series since it doesn't have autistic fan fiction tier combos like in the original series and also has a deep, memorable plot with real characters and struggles.
>>
I liked it, and I hope they make a sequel
>>
>>344471515

The deal is astroturfing.
>>
So what is this?

https://countingdownto.com/countdown/dark-pepiton-countdown-clock
>>
>>344482772
Absolution was a pretty decent game. The forced run missions were literally terrible but it had some really nice levels as well.
>>
>>344489640
If you play Trish or Vergil you only have to do one of two swings.
>>
>>344471515
its a good game. my only complaint is that certain enemies need certain weapons to kill them, which ruins the pace of the game
>>
>>344491554
Demon Dodge is pretty much required for the blue enemies.
>>
>>344471515
I played through it. It was a good game. The main character reboot is edgy af, but it's pretty easy to look beyond for me. I'd easily recommend it to anyone that likes action games, but of course on /v/ it's just hur durr le edge memes anytime it's brought up.
>>
>>344490070
> autistic fan fiction tier combos
haha i laughed. what a fucking tool you are though
>>
>>344490070
>autistic fan-fiction combos
It's easier to combo enemies in DmC than any other game.

They merged Trickster, Gunslinger and Swordmaster into the default moveset (good move imo), it's just missing stuff like Quicksilver or Royal Guard, and all enemies are prone to being air-juggled.
>>
>>344471515
yes.
the hate comes from the people expecting something different than it was, and it is pretty much a slap in the face to DMC, but it is a very good game in its own right, even with all its flaws.
>>
>>344491725
yes lets continue to ignore any and all criticism
>>
File: 1466640093409.gif (1 MB, 172x162) Image search: [Google]
1466640093409.gif
1 MB, 172x162
>>344490070
>autistic fan fiction tier combos
Now I know what to say to every single DMC/Platinum faggot. 10/10
>>
>>344478986
They gave an honest critique.You ignore them
>>
>>344472962
Vergil DLC sucked. Most of it was reused assets and the new things very lazily done.
>>
File: DMC list.jpg (273 KB, 800x1692) Image search: [Google]
DMC list.jpg
273 KB, 800x1692
>>344496864
>and the new things very lazily done.

not to mention ripped off from Bleach.

and need I remind you that Ninja Theory bashed the good DMC games for being too anime
>>
>>344471515
Eh
>>
File: hardest secret mission ever.webm (628 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
hardest secret mission ever.webm
628 KB, 640x360
>>344478862
Defend this
>>
>>344471515
The gameplay is inferior to previous DmCs and the main character is an insufferable prick whos sole purpose for existing is to mock fans of the series.
why would anybody pay money for this?
>>
File: italian_qt.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
italian_qt.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Fuck DmC, rate muh waifu /v/

Is there a better 3DPD?
>>
>>344499076
Did you know that you can get SSS in DMC4 but simply uppercutting a crowd of mobs as if it's some musou?
>>
>>344499358
>italian
Literally nigger
>>
>>344471515
It's okay. It's DMC-Lite but it's still pretty fun for a playthrough.

The characters are pretty unbearable imo but you sorta just skip through and deal with it.

Visuals of the environments are really good, full props to them for that, the moving world pieces were awesome.
>>
pirate it and play it in spanish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyUArTDYYVc
>>
It gave us this so I'm OK with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPKHxbOg19s

The problem with DmC is that it's a very flawed game that doesn't flow well. It also seems to take ideas from other content and just mish mashes them together and creates a shitty tasting drink.
>>
>>344499664
>>344499676
la final battala-mind
>>
>>344499664
>>344499676
QUE TE JODAN
>>
>>344499874
I almost want to try making a total-conversion mod.

Almost.
>>
>>344499676
>>344499874
VAFFANCULO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8so00HxCPY
>>
>>344497248
DMC4 special edition should be optional and the regular version the one to play.
>>
>>344500292
NAMEH MEH DANTEH
>>
>no definitive edition on PC

I'm disappointed.
>>
>>344500682
Why? It's literally the same shit only with repackaged PC mods and added 60 FPS which you can set in .ini anyway. Few extra game modes but who honestly gives a shit.
>>
>>344501118
I care.
>>
>>344501159
Good goy I guess.
>>
>>344501239
Could you cool it with the memes? I wouldn't have bought it either way.
>>
File: 1429426862433.jpg (11 KB, 298x292) Image search: [Google]
1429426862433.jpg
11 KB, 298x292
>>344471515

>was it good?
>no blah blah meme mem

>offers an actual review of the game in detail, happens to say its good
>NO SHUT UP YOU TROLL
>NICE BAIT FAGGOT
>THATS NOT THE PC VERSION
>DID YOU EVEN PLAY IT?

this thread in a nutshell
>>
>>344501669
Praising DmC is like praising Other M. It just outs you as a faggot with shit taste who tries to beat a horse that's been dead and laughed at for years. Nobody cares anymore to honestly debate it; it just gets paraded around here for memes and nostalgia.
>>
>>344502690
>Praising DmC is like praising Other M
the 2 are not in anyway the same.
>>
>>344503290
>the 2 are not in anyway the same.

except for being the worst games in their respective series that shit on everything the series stands for.

Plus both have trolls that will defend the shitty games to death.
>>
>>344503534
>except for being the worst games in their respective series that shit on everything the series stands for.
>what is DMC 2
>DmC is a fast-paced action game thats based around style and combos using a number of different weapons to attack with
>nothing like the other DMC games that do the same exact thing.
how about some actual criticism, instead of your shitty comments.
>>
>>344503869
>>what is DMC 2

still better than DmC
>>
>>344504054
You know I gotta wonder, when anons make comments like this, whether or not they played either.
>>
>>344504054
still no actual criticisms
>>
>>344503869
>what is DMC 2
something that didn't kill off DMC and sold more than DmC
>>
>>344504138
they havent, the shit on it just to shit on it because their husbandu is different
>>
>>344503869
>how about some actual criticism

Why waste my time? You are going to ignore any valid complaints. Like what >>344478287 mentioned earlier in the game

>>344504138
I played 2. The Demo was so bad I didn't touch the full game and the HD port looked just as unappealing as the base game.
>>
>>344504138
the real problem with DmC and DMC 2 is that both have pretty much the exact same problems
that shit shouldn't fly
>>
File: Devil May Cry 4 Phantom Content.png (641 KB, 795x1024) Image search: [Google]
Devil May Cry 4 Phantom Content.png
641 KB, 795x1024
why are we here, just to suffer
>>
>>344504282
>Why waste my time? You are going to ignore any valid complaints. Like what >>344478287 mentioned earlier in the game
you are a fucking coward
>>
>>344504054

are you fucking retarded? are you actually fucking retarded? did you even play DMC 2?

it has freaking 1 melee weapon, it has nearly to combos, most bosses are lazy done, puzzle were sometimes dumb (im talking about the one where you go speedform and literally have 0.5 seconds to pass the bridge)

i was mad after i beat the boss in DMC2 because it was such a shit game compared to every other DMC, i mean DmC isnt that bad, its atleast playable and feels ok, even if its a dumbed down version of the other DMC games, but DMC2 surely is one of the worst games ever made, buggy as hell, dull as fuck, its just idk, i get triggered everytime when i even think about it
>>
>>344504426
why?
becuase people don't want to feed trolls?
people in the thread have already stated criticism
quite a few times
he aint a coward you are lazy as fuck
>>
>>344504426
>you are a fucking coward
No, it's called not wasting effort trying to explain something to a guy who will ignore what I post.

Plus as what >>344504552 criticism has already been mentioned
>>
>>344504370
Not the exact same problems - combat in DmC isn't largely gun-based and the camera isn't absolutely abhorrent.

They do share an awful lot of similarities, though. Edgy, no taunts, soft lockon, plot is fighting some evil corporation.
>>
>>344504552
because you have no argument
>>
>>344503869
nothing about DmC was fast paced. It got rid of lock on whenn the series had it since the first game, gave us an angsty protag for no reason other than the creator thinking that is what was 'in', buggy gameplay, color coded enemies that cant be damaged by any other way except weapons of the same color, a crappier combo system, slower movement all around, terrible character interaction, ans so on. Im certain most who actually like it were playing that particular DmC first without ever touching the series beforehand.
>>
>>344504645
you can replace overpowered guns with overpowered dodge
>>
>>344504551
>did you even play DMC 2?

Yes
>>
>>344504631
see
>>344479183
there have a fucking field day
>>
>>344504814
Yes, that is the criticism that >>344503869 is ignoring
>>
File: dTGZBmL.jpg (58 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
dTGZBmL.jpg
58 KB, 531x471
>>344504806
then why the fuck are you trying to bait people with sentences like that?

im 100% sure that there cant be anyone who actually prefers DMC2 over any other DMC game
>>
>>344504895
you mean like how it has almost all the same problems as DMC 2 but came out almost a decade after and there should be literally no reason for these problems to exist?
or do you mean the fact that the game constantly glitches so hard that it can be impossible to complete (something which wasnt present in DMC2)
>>
>>344505006
>im 100% sure that there cant be anyone who actually prefers DMC2 over any other DMC game

I don't put DMC2 over any DMC game. but the reboot is DmC
>>
Wow, it's almost like steam reviews for a game are only low if the game has technical problems. There will always be cucks that defend shit, doesn't change the fact that it's the worst selling DMC game and killed the franchise and Tameem's career.
>>
>>344505336
>Tameem's career
Ninja Theory's entire output is AA games that are made on shoestring budgets, them pissing off Capcom and Capcom's audience changed very little for them.

If there's any western developers who've suffered from Capcom's rightful ire, it's Dontnod Entertainment.
>>
File: tumblr_nix01wsu9P1u9o7gzo1_400.gif (2 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nix01wsu9P1u9o7gzo1_400.gif
2 MB, 371x209
its a good game. only contrarian trash compares it to the other dmc games, who cares

>muh characters, muh story
REALLY who cares. dmc story is fucking shit. serves you shite eaters right
>>
>>344507665
>shitpost
>tumblr gif with fake translation
6/10
>>
>>344507852
>rateposts
>implying im shitposting because you disagree
>actually takes the effort to change his filenames for no benefit
>>
>>344507665
>REALLY who cares
(you)
>>
Most people are actually not autistic. DMC is a great game, and now that it competes directly with Decil May Cry 4, you can not only clearly see the sorry state of modern Capcom, but which game people overwhelmingly prefer.
>>
>>344512120
I thought it was an OK game with lackluster polish and even less replayability, but it was hated on /v/ a whole lot.
>>
File: 1434032724209.jpg (72 KB, 504x547) Image search: [Google]
1434032724209.jpg
72 KB, 504x547
>>344471515
It's fun, looks good, and has a good soundtrack if you're into EDM.
>>
>>344512120
The main reason, I believe anyway, people hate DmC is because of the lead developer's comments on what was cool and what wasn't. Basically the Japanese Dante was uncool to him and he modeled the new one after himself. /v/ also lost their shit because Vergil shot an unborn demon baby. /v/ proclaimed it was misogynist and that the game should be boycotted. The game overall is fine. It was more complete than DMC4, the only other DMC game I've played. Gameplay-wise DMC4 was better, but not so much better that it triggers an autistic reaction of a million souls on /v/. Also it had to do with Hideki Kamiya. Otherwise known as le bad and squinty Phil Fishman and /v/ loves their anime shit and other Japanese shit so they thought they'd stand as honorary Japs and defend Japan. In this case Japan was Jap Dante.
>>
File: 1426540311369.png (406 KB, 539x532) Image search: [Google]
1426540311369.png
406 KB, 539x532
>>344499076
>DMC1 outfit
Fuck is this only for the Definitive Edition?
I wanted it for the PC version, but I only have a shitty looking DMC3 outfit. I also wanted a coatless tank-top Donte but I didn't get that either.
>>
File: 1398379226435.jpg (104 KB, 826x437) Image search: [Google]
1398379226435.jpg
104 KB, 826x437
>>344504551
>it has freaking 1 melee weapon
Wrong
>it has nearly two combos
Wrong
>most bosses are lazy done
Give an example.
>puzzle were sometimes dumb (im talking about the one where you go speedform and literally have 0.5 seconds to pass the bridge)
That's not a puzzle. That's the game's section where it's teaching you about using your DT Hearts to get to places in the game.

I swear to fucking god.
Play the fucking game again and then get back to us.
>>
>>344505006
I like it more than DMC4 mainly because I'm not backtracking though the last half with a clusterfuck annoying Dante.
>>
>>344471515
It's good. Combat in DMC3 and DMC4 is more fun in terms of speed, but there's some actual effort put into making the in-between bits in DmC something other than this awkward, survival-horror-esque thing. The weapons feel really good to use in terms of visual and audio feedback, and the control scheme makes weapon-swapping into a particularly fast endeavor, even though it's kind of hard to get used to. Art design is solid, and there's are some bits where the game is clearly having a lot of fun with itself (the club level comes to mind). The implementation of dynamic music works strongly to the game's benefit (the metal-esque "haaaaaaa" stinger at the end of many combat encounters feels great). I appreciated that the developers found a decent variety of ways to integrate the level design into encounters, and it's good that they at least took the time to rearrange enemies for a harder difficultly.

Flaws include: the color-coding breaks combat flow somewhat (this gets better after you unlock the additional angel/demon weapons, but I seriously wish guns would have been usable against blue/red enemies), the story is retarded (some scenes are kind of amusing, though), one of the bosses is basically a war of attrition where you do the exact same fight like three or four times in a row, one of the bosses is bizarrely short and easy compared to the others, the control scheme is possibly a tiny bit too complex for its own good, and lack of lock-on is annoying (fuck double-tapping to do stingers), though the soft lock-on is probably one of the best I've seen.

While I can definitely understand prior fans of the series not enjoying DmC, I played it after DMC4 and DMC3 and had a great time (and honestly I kind of prefer it to DMC4 because Nero is a whiny asshole with limited combat options and I don't really much care for exploring a barebones world in two opposing directions, even though the game's high points are REALLY high).
>>
File: DmC sucks.png (370 KB, 1440x2129) Image search: [Google]
DmC sucks.png
370 KB, 1440x2129
>>344504139
>>
>>344514236
>>most bosses are lazy done
>Give an example.

Not the guy you're talking to but the Helicopter was pretty shit and it doesn't feel like anyone really tested out how the fight actually plays out.
>>
Does the definitive edition brings back the old control scheme or its still baby mode with a designated launch button.
>>
>>344517629
>30 fps lock on consoles
>consoles

Not an argument.
>>
>>344518671
>DMC4 ran on 60fps
>5 years before DmC
>DMC3 ran on 60fps
>8 years before DmC

fuck off
>>
>>344518817
>consolekid is mad

Not an argument.
>>
>>344518980
>missing the point
DMC4 was multiplat, all of them ran on 60, even higher on PC.
DMC3 was ps2 exclusive before hd collection. Both runs on 60fps
DmC doesn't on consoles.
Keep being retarded
>>
>>344519143
PC port for DMC3SE is fucked unless you mod and delete files
>>
>made this thread last night before bed
>wake up it's still going

So should I buy DmC or not
>>
>>344517629
>wasting two triggers for dodging
that game did not need more fucking button combinations, never mind the fact that I really do not want to be pressing LT and LB or RT and RB at the same time.

>definitive edition fixes this... no hitstun which isn't what people wanted
fuck off, that's exactly what I wanted

>angel weapons are too weak
one of them has a charged variety by dealing enough consistent damage, and demon dodge adds to that. it's really not an issue

>braindead enemy AI
literally every DMC game

>platforming that is neither challenging nor fun
gee I sure can't wait to do more pointless survival horror filler

it's called pacing you fucking twit, it's not any worse than DMC3's method of padding time between fights
>>
>>344519830
Just do it. You'll know within two hours whether or not you want to refund it.
>>
>>344476565
>the old games had a good speed without it and turbo mode was for fun

DMC4 is hella slow without turbo mode on, even slower than the vanilla DmC
>>
I'm a big fan of DMC franchise, even have a signed copy of DMC4:SE by Itsuno, and I can say that DmC (especially in DE iteration) is a fine game.
Mechanically is it worse than DMC3/4 - absolutely. Does it lack proper crazyness in the cutscenes direction - heck yeah.

But those who say that it ruins the lore and the characters are just ridiculous manchildren - those were nonexistent in previous DMCs and that it's even worse than DMC2 are just hypocritical manchildren who were offended by TamTam.

Vergil's Downfall is legitimately good slasher even.

And it's still the best western-developed action game to date.
>>
Great game that is IMHO totally better than previous ones. If only Ninja Theory would make a sequel.
>>
>>344520549
>it ruins the lore

it's a fucking reboot
are there people still thinking that it's a prequel to DMC3?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.