[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LONELY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: halflife.jpg (116 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
halflife.jpg
116 KB, 1024x768
1st time playing FL2, for fuck sake this game makes me feel lonely and depressing as hell, really picked the wrong game trying to have a good time
>>
>>344467169
Fast Life 2 ?

Anyway, wait until Ravenholm, then youre truely alone. But only half way through until best character comes in.

Otherwise, good decision to chose this series, play episode 1 and 2 aswell, would kill to play these games for the first time again
>>
>>344467169
It's amazing ain't it? HL2 has an atmosphere all its own it's incredible.
>>
>>344467520
I played this game till half way thru 4 years ago, come to think of it the feel just make me dont want to go back again
>>
>>344467582
i dont think I have every try any game like half life 2, hf1 doesnt make you that lonely as i remember
>>
File: 111.gif (1 MB, 285x212) Image search: [Google]
111.gif
1 MB, 285x212
These newfags makes me feel kinda old.

I played this shit and loved it when it came out.
I'm 25 now.
>>
>>344468210
Well that's alright man. Most folks want entertainment to be an escape from the harsh times/lonely times of life so I get you if you don't want a game to make you feel lonely.
>>
I really like the feelings the atmosphere leaves you with.

Rusty abandoned factories and urban architecture are always very nostalgic for some reason.
>>
>>344467169
Had the same feeling. When a game actually makes you feel depressed instead of just giving a depressed impression while still being fun then something is wrong. At least the mechanics are decent.
>>
um what. there are rebel friends everywhere, alex is with you half the game. what are u talkin bout
>>
>>344468332
Same age

Circle of life man, if you cant stop it, get along with it
>>
>>344467169
This is how I feel playing the Stalker games. It sounds like a criticism but on /v/ it's actually what's called F U N. Enjoy HL2 OP, you're on the right track.
>>
>>344468332
I will be 26 next Monday

Hold me anon.
>>
File: hl2-combine-soldier.jpg (423 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
hl2-combine-soldier.jpg
423 KB, 1280x1024
>>344468992
i remember it gets to a point where i kind of wish there were more of these guys around
>>
>>344468332
I'm 33 and my wizardhood was stolen by a succubus in a one-off random encounter.

Now i have nothing, not even Half-Life 3.

Valve has gone to complete shit.
>>
>>344467169
If I recall this game is depressing whilst navigating the sewers at dawn, then scary navigating ravenholm at night, then depressing again driving along the ruined coast, then actiony in the prison/helping the rebels and finally climbing the tower
>>
>>344470270
i think i dropped the game while driving along the ruined coast, i try to forced myself into liking this game because it was the ''classic 10/10 game'' , but I just couldn't bare it any longer
>>
>>344469662
Deep down Im still pretty sure that HL3 gets released when everyone who started with the series is way too old to even give two shits about it anymore

Anyway, gj on the one night stand.. I guess
>>
That's exactly what I love about that game. Even better with HL1.

And don't hate me for this but I love the vehicle levels in particular for this. It's like Mad Max driving through the apocalypse. Exploring the abandoned houses on the coastline etc. Love it.
>>
File: feel computer.jpg (318 KB, 1102x967) Image search: [Google]
feel computer.jpg
318 KB, 1102x967
>>344467169
>that lonely feel when you play an old game and you know not many others are playing it at the same time because it's far past its heyday
>tfw knowing you'll never experience its heyday ever again
Fucking feels like you're walking in an abandoned building.
>>
>>344471772
i missed out the heyday for Garry's mod and Mario maker, kind of regret it but those game just doesn't interest me
>>
>>344467169
you wont feel as depressed when you get into Nova Prospekt and then go a few weeks ahead of time and see City 17 BURNING

but yeah, you really do get that feeling of being the one free man, and wondering if anyone is gonna help you this time or appreciate your efforts
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.