[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck Z and fuck Xenoverse, why doesn't someone make a f
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 37
File: dragonball.jpg (565 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dragonball.jpg
565 KB, 1920x1080
Fuck Z and fuck Xenoverse, why doesn't someone make a fighting game based on Old School Dragonball?

It'd make a lot more sense since it was the part of the manga that was a lot more focused on the fighting, and different fighting styles, rather than power levels, and beamspam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30DDHwWVz5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaL0ypK3CFY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfkuUcLLkw8

Rather than have a clusterfuck of 100 characters, plus custom character all whom more or less fight the same, you could have a smaller more concentrated roster of characters all of whom fight uniquely and have strengths and weaknesses over one an other and are balanced and such.
Charging Ki is no longer the central mechanic, and it charges up kinda like Super Meters do in most fighers, though you can also charge it manually, but since the game is more fast paced, you rarely have time to do it for more than bursts, plus, not all characters are able to charge Ki.

Beams and Kamehamehas are relegated to Supers and Finishers rather than being overly common special attacks. Also, no game-breaking transformations outside Ozaru as a Super Move finisher.

DB makes a lot more sense for a fighting game than Z, since the manga is pretty much a parody of Chinese Martial Arts Wuxia films, and it's got tons of unique characters that could make for interesting playstyles.

Kid Goku with the Baton
Teen Goku
Tien as a powerhouse
Krillin ofc
Chiaotsu
Yamcha doesn't suck and has a more feral style
Bulma using Guns and shit
Mr. Roshi is actually competent as Jackie Chun
Devilman
Muirasaki
Tao Pai Pai
Piccolo and his Henchmen
Piccolo Jr.
Android 8
The Red Ribbon Generals, Blue, White, etc...
Mr. Popo
Nam having a Yoga-inspired moveset
Chichi being similar to Chun Li
Yajirobi not sucking
Baba
>>
File: 62773front-45198.jpg (75 KB, 640x636) Image search: [Google]
62773front-45198.jpg
75 KB, 640x636
This game was pretty rad.
>>
>>344448931
Beat me to it.

Sorry OP. Advance Adventure is the best you're ever gonna get.
>>
I honestly don't want a fighting game based on Dragon Ball. I want more of a JRPG or Action/Adventure type thing. The world of Dragon Ball is so interesting and weird (funny how bland the aliens actually are if you think about it). And feel just a fighting game will feel meh with the near infinite fighting anime games out there.
>>
>>344449467
>Action/Adventure type
Play Origins for the DS.

No seriously play it. That's exactly what it is.
>>
I'd actually quite like a DB game, it'd nice among all the Z, and now Super, games.

But you know, fans would probably bitch about it not being like Z
>>
>>344449636
How is it?
>>
>>344448778
I feel your pain OP. The original draogn ball was about martial arts.

Z was nothing more than ki attacks. Eery single evil was defeated by a fucking kamehameha or a sprit bomb.
>>
>>344448778
>dragonball was once about crazy martial arts

I miss that time.
>>
>>344449467
That sounds fair, but I honestly don't think Z lends itself very well to a fighting game either, yet it's massively popular as one.

I've been giving some though as to how you could make a competitive and balanced fighting game out of Z, and came to the conclusion is that you can't unless you severly fuck with the canon, as the more unique fighters are WAYYYY weaker than top fighters. And everyone having powerful beam attacks and transformations makes for very unbalanced gameplay.

I think Budokai 3 and SuperDBZ came very close to making a balanced DBZ fighter, but that's as good as you'll get because all the fights in the franchise round down to just overall strength rather than skill. Then I remember Dragonball and that IT was a lot more focused on the martial arts, and showcasing the various fighting styles, and fights were often won by luck and circumstances, rather than overwhelming strength like in Z.

At best you can push Z to the Frieza saga, but after that, it becomes impossible to make a legit good fighting game out of the franchise, even if you ignore power levels, simply due to the fact of lack of variety in playstyles since EVERYONE has long range beam attacks.

Hence the thread. But I agree, DB would better benefit from a JRPG of sorts, but it's also a better candidate for a fighter than Z.
>>
>>344450116
I wish Trunks didn't use a Ki blast while killing Frieza, would have been much more badass if he just cut him up with a sword.
>>
>>344450069
Not him. It's pretty good.
>>
>>344450069
Only played most of the first game. But it was pretty fun.

It's sorta like a top-down Action/Adventure game combat's good enough.

First game goes up the fight against Chun. The Second game continues from there.

Only kinda shitty thing is that for the first game you more or less have to use the touch screen for well. Almost everything. Second game lets you use buttons.
>>
>>344448778
thanks for the video anon
>>
>>344448778
Piccolo best villain
>>
>>344450261
Z works as a fighting game because that's really all it was. Just a bunch of "need to get stronger to defeat a new enemy." Dragon Ball while does have elements of that there's tons of weirdness that lends it to different style of games. I mean there's rabbits that turn people into carrots, putting out massive fire to a castle, Goku just wanting to find his Grandpa's Dragon Ball and not really fighting because he wanted to fight. Personally there's so much better stuff in Dragon Ball than Z.
>>344450389
Might try it out than thanks.
>>344450598
That's the problem with a lot of DS games sadly. They felt the need to use the touch screen even when it shouldn't. I love Castevania AoS but always hate having to do the drawing after each boss fight.
>>
>>344450598
I remember the first one being OK, and the second one being really really good.

The only downside is that it finishes right before the King Piccolo saga, which is probably DB's finest moment, and that part is played on a Wii game that's very different from the Top-Down DS games. I also never played the Wii one, so idk if it goes up to the 3rd WT, and Goku vs. Jr.
>>
File: Based Goku.jpg (73 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
Based Goku.jpg
73 KB, 640x960
>>344451143
Bulma is best slut.
>>
>>344448778
I've always wanted a Chrono Trigger-style Dragonball RPG. Probably because of Toriyama and how Magus is literally human Piccolo.
>>
File: Weirdo_trio.jpg (179 KB, 706x374) Image search: [Google]
Weirdo_trio.jpg
179 KB, 706x374
>>344451469
Not with that haircut.

Give me the LONDON
>>
>>344451732
Toriyama has the best weird creatures. Dragon Quest monsters are some of the best monster design in any RPG.
>>
>>344451301
Yeah, but the problem with Z is that everyone more or less plays the same. You just have Light, Medium and Heavy variants. Compare this to usual fighters where you have Zoners, and Rushdowns, and Defenders, and Grapplers, etc... all of which add a lot of variety to the game by making every character unique and they're own business to master. In Z games, if you can play one character, you can play them all basically. You'd have to really fuck with the canon in order make a decent game out of it. As well as do something about the transformation to balance them, and either cut out people's favorite "Goku clones" and just pick and choose characters that lend themselves to unique fighting styles, like Buu as a Zoner, Broly as a grappler, and so forth, or something.

Again, I think Budokai 3 came really close to nailing it, but they'd need to go back to the drawing board on the mechanics for that game, and how to properly balance it and such. DB just WORKS better, since every character IS unique. Plus, limiting people's ability to fly everywhere makes it easier to make a decent fighting game, rather than a game where people can fly around and run away and stuff.
>>
File: dbz kid goku vs krillin.gif (2 MB, 498x373) Image search: [Google]
dbz kid goku vs krillin.gif
2 MB, 498x373
>tfw black
>friends love DBZ but never watched the original Dragon ball
>>
>>344452293
Dragonabll is okay. It's campy.
>>
>>344452293
How does this 30 year old show have better animation than Super?
>>
>>344451798
My nigga
>>
>>344452113
I'm more talking about the tone of each. Original Dragon Ball was more of a adventure in a strange world. You never really knew what was coming next and you were always interested.

Z felt more like it was just a bunch of fighting and nothing much more than that. You never really meet any interesting new characters and everything just felt "gritty" compare to Original which was full of joy. Buu felt like he was trying to go back to being weird and fun but fell so fucking flat no one likes it.
>>
File: 2ueqxsn.jpg (21 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2ueqxsn.jpg
21 KB, 640x480
>>344451798
Maron was a good slut too. Even if she was a filler character. Maybe blue hair girls are just sluts in the DBZ universe.
>>
>>344452430
Toei actually cared about Dragonball back then.
>>
>>344452430
Most current anime is soulless now.
>>
that sounds like shit autist, xenoverse is goat

nobody wants to play as babies you fucking pedo
>>
File: 21864358.jpg (201 KB, 742x1200) Image search: [Google]
21864358.jpg
201 KB, 742x1200
>>344452697
>Maybe blue hair girls are just sluts in the DBZ universe.
That would be right.
>>
File: PopoScaresBulma.png (248 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
PopoScaresBulma.png
248 KB, 704x396
>>344452516
>>
>>344451469
Alpha as fuck
>>
File: world tournament arc db.jpg (764 KB, 1020x1449) Image search: [Google]
world tournament arc db.jpg
764 KB, 1020x1449
>>344452390
>implying DBZ isnt campy
You can only enjoy DBZ if you dont take it too seriously.the fights in DB were way more strategic and other characters could actually grow and be a bit relevent.
>>344452430
thats was before Toei understood how little people care about animation and how much money they could save.
>>
File: rekt but im not a rapper.jpg (28 KB, 599x338) Image search: [Google]
rekt but im not a rapper.jpg
28 KB, 599x338
>>344451469
>>
>>344448778
anyone wanna play some xenoverse?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/robmortar/
>>
Anybody here over the age of 30 who literally couldn't care less about the new DB series if he tried? I'm not talking about Super only, the movies too.
>>
File: db_revenge_of_kp.jpg (622 KB, 1000x1405) Image search: [Google]
db_revenge_of_kp.jpg
622 KB, 1000x1405
>>344448778
I thought that the revenge of king picollo was a pretty fun game.
It is also kinda desribes what you are looking for, try it out.
also the opening was pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5zPT0n6u5Q
>>
>>344448778
>fighting game

Fuck that I would want an open world adventure title. Hanging back, catching fish and chopping wood, then invading the RR base and fighting 50+ people at once would be great.
>>
>>344452657
Oh, I totally agree there. But DB also had a huge sense paying homage to Wuxia and putting a lot more thought and care into its fight choreography than Z.

I know it gets overshadowed by Z, since the scale was much smaller, but the fights in DB wind up being more interesting and appealing to watch, barring some of the peaks in early Z, like Goku vs. Vegeta, and Ginyu fights in Frieza saga.

And yeah, DB also has that sense of adventure, but it doesn't slack up on the fights, since the fights were the focus of DB as well, they just weren't the only thing it had going for it.

I know I'm raving about DB, and it might be biased since I grew up with DB and was a fan of it before Z became a thing, but I do feel it's overall better than Z.
>>
File: Blacked.jpg (128 KB, 798x1002) Image search: [Google]
Blacked.jpg
128 KB, 798x1002
>>344452902
>Her reaction to the first time she was blacked.

>The second time she was blacked
>pic related
>>
>>344449467
>JRPG
DragonBall Fusion might be something for you
>>
>>344453112
Haven't played Xenoverse but heard enjoyable things about it. Might get 2 once we get it.
>>344453414
I agree but that's why I think a more Adventure or RPG works more. You have fun fighting but also the exploring. And Z is alright at times but for the most part I just find Z to be much more boring.
>>
>>344453317
About to post this.
Give it a go, it's more or less what a 3D Dragon Ball is. Needed Yajirobe as a playable, but no sweat.
>>
>>344453191
I'm 26, and grew up with DB and DBZ. Super is a huge disappointment, as are the two movie tie ins.

I watched BoG, and concluded it was shit then. I didn't watch RoF, and I've seen clips of Super here and there since my mate gave it a go till the end of the WT saga, and told me it was shit.

I'm interested to see where it goes, but both from a story standpoint, and an animation standpoint, Super is fucking trash, and I'm amazed as to why people like it so much.

I could shit out a better story in the DB universe. Fuck, GT, and that shitty fanmade AF were both way better than Super.
>>
>>344454005
>Fuck, GT, and that shitty fanmade AF were both way better than Super.
Look mate, you can harp on Super all day long for being shit, and you'd be right.

But the moment shit like this dribbles out of your mouth, you're the idiot in the conversation.
>>
>>344449467
>funny how bland the aliens actually are if you think about it
That only applies in Super, at least in Z they were different
>>
File: CgA7aI3UkAEHa7t.jpg-large.jpg (224 KB, 1024x913) Image search: [Google]
CgA7aI3UkAEHa7t.jpg-large.jpg
224 KB, 1024x913
>>344454005
Have you watched super lately?
Because black is a suprisinly cool villain.
They are pulling "Goku, but EVIL" off really well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHnKNHc-ls0
>>
>>344453429
Long dong silver will do that to you, yeah.
>>
File: black_goku.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
black_goku.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>344454550
oops wrong file.
>>
File: After RoSaT.jpg (738 KB, 903x1355) Image search: [Google]
After RoSaT.jpg
738 KB, 903x1355
>>344451469
It's nice to see that she hasn't outgrown her slutty tendencies.
>>
>>344454346
Bro, nothing can possibly be worse than making Goku a God by holding hands with other Saiyans.

And not only that, but making that form just normal with pink hair.

And then giving him ANOTHER transformation on top of that, that's pretty much SSJ, but with blue hair, and then botching that so hard that you wind up calling it SSJGSSJ and having to retcon that to SSJ Blue halfway through the series, because the original name is such a mouthful.

And then, despite having such insane powers, the scale of the fights is less stellar than Frieza saga DBZ.

Yeah, GT was shit, but the concept of SSJ4, and how it looked was dope. I liked how GT delved into Saiyan lore a bit, as that was the most interesting part of the DBZ side of the story. AF also had some neat ideas here and there, and their concept for "Evil Goku" as lame as it was, was at least more interesting than what Super shit out.

It's fucking embarasing. A super gay, fan comic that was deviant art tier introducing an edgy Evil Goku ACTUALLY managed to incorporate that concept into the series more creatively than Super.

That's how trash Super is, don't deny it. I'm not saying AF or GT were good, but they're better than Super.

Lets not forget that the Super continuity was responsible for ruining Bardock's saga/

Lets not forget that Super does something cool, and makes DB multiverse, but totally botches the concept by making a lame and uninspired tournament arc.

Or how the current arc is just a ripoff of the worst DBZ arc.

I could go on dude.

DB would be better off if Super didn't exist.
>>
>>344454005
>I'm 26, and grew up with DB and DBZ.

Uh-huh, sure you did.
>>
File: GokuSuperSaiyan4DBGT.png (73 KB, 180x234) Image search: [Google]
GokuSuperSaiyan4DBGT.png
73 KB, 180x234
>>344455389
You're completely fucking delusional.

I'm actually disgusted to know I live on the same planet as you.

>but the concept of SSJ4, and how it looked was dope.
I am so goddamn sick of seeing this shitty excuse. You think giving Goku pink hair for SSG is terrible, but you think COATING HIS BODY IN PINK FUR AND GIVING HIM RED EYELINER is "dope"? You've lost your fucking mind.

And that shitty Goku clone-son in AF was the single most tryhard donut steel thing ever. That you think it was better than Black Goku, who at least has a few neat nods like being the Goku from Trunks' timeline and still having the heart disease, and isn't just a Linkin Park music video reject, tells me you have a fucking brain problem.
>>
>>344454702
>>344454550
I haven't watched a single episode of Super, just a few clips on YT, and people talking about it. I've seen this, and I've seen him get bodied by Goku. I'm honestly not impressed. The androids were far more threatning, and the Future Trunks OVA was more emotionally impacting and had better storytelling than that segment.

He has a potara, and just got bodied by Goku. I guarantee you the tension in this arc will be created by having him fuse with Goku, and it'll be resolved a la Bleach with Goku learning to control him.

I heard that he had a power that basically made him stronger the more damage he took. What better way to make Goku even more powerful than that. Plus, both being identical in appearance will make it so that nothing really changes in terms of Goku's design.

God, that pisses me off, they coulda done something badass like that shitty Jet Li movie where he has to kill all the alternate versions of himself, but no... instead they're rehashing the future Trunks plot. You have a multiverse, why must he come from an alternate future? Why can't they get more creative? Goddammit.
>>
>>344452007
i will never understand why people parrot this

you forgot to talk about his technology design shells too
>>
>>344452293
>tfw black
>brought all the volumes of dragonball with me to school
>made my friends read them
This was back in highschool though.
This is also how I got them to read Maison Ikkoku back then too
>>
>>344454550
>Because black is a suprisinly cool villain
In what way? He is pretty much your regular DB villain #525
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 320x180
>>344455863
There is NOTHING creative about Black Goku. Nothing at all. It's just Goku in black clothing with an evil smile. I'm not saying the AF variant was good, but it was better than Black Goku.

As for SSJ4, look at a fucking monkey for once. That's not eyeliner. The point of SSJ4 is that it was playing into the lore of the Legendary Super Saiyan, and the Ozaru, my making him more primal and ape-like. It's honestly a very creative concept that works well with the lore.

Or did you also complain about the Ozaru transformation in DB?
>>
>>344453191
I'm 24, and I'm glad Super and the movies are a thing. There's only but so many times you can tell the same damn story over and over again. Super has some neat ideas, some interesting characters and overall, it feels like a nice rest from Z's nonsense. Plus, I want to hear Sabat's voicework with Piccolo and Vegeta's silly moments. It's like the old dub's nonsense, but here they have good reason to do so. Kai was needed. Just clean up the animation and we'll be okay.

And GT was fine by me back then and still is.
>>
>>344448778
db
>sub
>>
>>344455863
Yes, a transformation that revisits the big racial trait of saiyans is better than slimmer base form with pink hair through power of friendship.

Goku turning adult was shit, I'll give you that.
>>
File: 1444685220639.png (327 KB, 630x378) Image search: [Google]
1444685220639.png
327 KB, 630x378
>>344454702
>black goku
>he doesn't even smoke menthols
>>
>>344455982
I love how you're sitting here wanking yourself off about how you've already figured out the plot, when the previews for the next few episodes have already completely proven you wrong. I'm lying. I don't love it. You're a goddamn retard.

It's not a Potara earring, it's just a Kai's earring, and it isn't for fusion, it's indicative he's almost certainly being possessed by a Kai/Demon from Universe 10.

He's not an alternate Goku, and he's not just the one from the future. The real villain is being set up as the Supreme Kai of Universe 10, and Black Goku is his puppet.
>>
File: 1467247599589.gif (1 MB, 650x364) Image search: [Google]
1467247599589.gif
1 MB, 650x364
>>344456174
I just like his suave attitude and his swagger.
Also he has a sadistic/masochistic spin on goku's love for fighting which I think is pretty neat.
>>
>>344448778

>a lot more focused on the fighting, and different fighting styles, rather than power levels, and beamspam

That is objectively wrong.
>>
>>344456614
>Goku turning adult was shit
Why they turned him into a kid in the first place is beyond me. Were they expecting to cash in the DB nostalgia? Because it shat over the whole thing
>>
>>344452430
how can this 30 year old fight make shit like krillin vs chiatzou interesting when super can take something like a multiverse fighting tournament and make it boring as shit?
>>
>>344456815
Obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slTu0tgwDOc
>>
>>344456614
>Goku turning adult was shit, I'll give you that
Yeah, I hated how GT just used SSJ4 as an excuse to make Goku an adult again. they shouldn't have turned him into a kid in the first place.

Design-wise SSJ4 is top notch though. Far more interesting than "more hair" and more fitting for the legendary Super Saiyan than the original SSJ1 design.
>>
>>344456786
Not really.
>>
>>344456712
That's fucking lame... That's even dumber than I thought then.
>>
>>344456742
I love how Black just makes Goku look fucking fat in comparison to himself.
>>
File: gorilla face.jpg (372 KB, 1406x1600) Image search: [Google]
gorilla face.jpg
372 KB, 1406x1600
>>344456446
>As for SSJ4, look at a fucking monkey for once.
WHERE'S THE EYELINER, NIGGER

SSJ4 was a great idea on paper that was fucking annihilated by awful implementation. Why does he age to adult for when he does it? Why does he go back to kid form when he exits it? Why was the Golden Ape form to unlock it golden, but the actual form, I repeat myself, FUCKING PINK? What the actual hell happened to his hair?

Super Saiyan 4 was all the worst design philosophies of the 1990s rolled into a single character.

Personally, I like it, but even I can admit it is the dumbest of shit, and it doesn't even come close to redeeming the overstayed nightmare that is GT
>>
>>344456786
>he hasn't watched Dragonball

Shut the fuck up, and go do that shit right now nigga. You're missing out.
>>
>>344448778
I'd love an old school Dragonball game, but fuck it being a fighting game

Adventure game all the way
>>
>>344457118
>fat
what are you talking about, goku just has more gains.
>>
File: Daffy.gif (455 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Daffy.gif
455 KB, 320x240
>>344457117
>ellipses
>>
>>344457127
not him, but golden fur for SSJ4 just clashes too much for me, for some reason red just looks natural
>>
File: mandril.jpg (123 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
mandril.jpg
123 KB, 1024x768
>>344457127
>where's the eyeliner
Ask him
>>
>>344457490
could it be because there are no golden animals
>>
Is there a single Dragonball game that plays remotely like the anime played out?

Like you're fighting against the odds against Nappa as Piccolo, then you're decimating him as Goku, then an even fight with Vegeta, etc. I don't like how most Dragonball games are fighting games that attempt to balance their shit, it goes against the anime completely
>>
>>344457642
Then shouldn't Goku's entire face be red? Come on mate you know it looks ridiculous
>>
>>344457127
>Why does he age to adult for when he does it?
The power of SSJ4 is more than the dragon's, so the wish is overpowered. Kind of like how SSGSS + Kaio Ken cancels out the timestop just from sheer power

>Why does he go back to kid form when he exits it?

Same reason, without that powerup Goku is still susceptible to the magic of the wish

>Why was the Golden Ape form to unlock it golden, but the actual form, I repeat myself, FUCKING PINK?

Got me there. Would have been way better with gold fur

>What the actual hell happened to his hair?

Every SSJ form changes their hair in retarded ways, don't act like it's a new thing. This one was just keeping the caveman / ape man stylings
>>
>>344457127
Pink makes sense as a color. It's more sensible and is easy on the eyes.

Why is SSJG pink? And why is it just a lamer Kaio Ken?

>Hair
Because Ape, Goku has had crazy hair from Day1

>why Golden Ape
I always assumed that Golden Ape was the true Super Saiyan of Legend, with the previous forms being precursors to it, or semi forms, since their tails had been cut off. Makes sense with the lore. SSJ4 is a step beyond that, once you learn to control the form.

And iirc, when they talked about the Legendary Super Saiyan back in the Namek Saga, they would show an Ozaru. A golden fur Ozaru actually makes perfect sense.

Too bad the Bardock special completely fucked that up.
>>
>>344457993
>The power of SSJ4 is more than the dragon's, so the wish is overpowered
That

That is not how that works
>>
>>344457993

That looks more like Yojirobe than goku
>>
>>344457878
I personally really like the SSJ4 design, it's very inspired, and it fits with the lore perfectly.

Then again, I also like Luffy's Gear 4th, where most people hated it. I think it could do without the tribal tattoos, but in principle it's very good.
>>
>>344458279
>tribal tattoos
That's just the markings of haki on his limbs, where the form does its damage.
>>
File: 1440058537762.jpg (23 KB, 423x329) Image search: [Google]
1440058537762.jpg
23 KB, 423x329
>>344448778
>Kid Goku and Majunia on the same non GT pic.
>>
>>344458545
Yeah, I know, but they're designed to resemble tribal tattoos of sorts. Or at least it's what they look like. I think it shoulda been more Kabuki less what it became.

Then again, I only read the manga, dunno what it looks like in the anime, and I heard that scene was very poorly animated, so I didn't bother.
>>
>>344458580
>Majuina
Who?
>>
Nah, I like Z games. They're fun. I rather have them then DB.
>>
>>344458948
Piccolo Jr, or current Piccolo.
I feel sorry for Murricans and their shit dubbed names.
>>
>>344458795
Right, I forgot the reference. Sorry.
>>
File: meximum.jpg (84 KB, 800x496) Image search: [Google]
meximum.jpg
84 KB, 800x496
How can anybody say Broly isn't the strongest? He literally has infinite power.
>>
File: vegetables2.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
vegetables2.webm
2 MB, 720x480
>>344458957
They're designed to be confrontational and grand in scale. I don't really see how more Dragonball media is a bad thing.
>>
>>344459263
Why is he called Majuina?
>>
File: tenshinhan.jpg (8 KB, 202x202) Image search: [Google]
tenshinhan.jpg
8 KB, 202x202
>>344459263

If you want to be that way about, faggot

It's Ma Jr.
>>
>>344459514
He's retarded and is trying to type like he's speaking with a Jap accent

Old piccolo was a "demon", and Ma means demon in Japanese, so new piccolo used the alias Ma Junior
>>
>>344459516
Yeah it is, but its originally written in niponese broken english, hence Majunia.
>>
>>344456975
seriously though how do you take 'goku and vegeta fight a bear and a robot' and make it bland
>>
File: 1455729797805.jpg (31 KB, 600x462) Image search: [Google]
1455729797805.jpg
31 KB, 600x462
>>344459818
>>
>>344459743
>>344459516
Woah, no need to get that buttblasted.
We're all DB fans here anon.
>>
>>344459369
>Stella
>Broly
>Danny Phantom
Good choices, to be honest.
>>
>>344459369
>broly

draws dio

markus is a genius
>>
>>344459476
Its not. But its a better move to make more DBZ games.
>>
I'm watching DB right now and everyone vastly overstates how it's more "creative" or whatever.
Most fights are Goku steamrolling the other person or he gets beat up a bit and then comes back and destroys them.
>>
>>344459818
What do you call trunks Toranksu or Bulma Buruma?
>>
File: img_news_02.jpg (238 KB, 780x725) Image search: [Google]
img_news_02.jpg
238 KB, 780x725
>>344457118
Xeno Goku looks like he could snap Black Goku in half without even trying.
>>
>>344460008
>YOU THOUGHT IT WAS BROLY
>BUT IT WAS ME, DIO!
>>
>>344460113
It's a lot more fun, and the fights are better.

It doesn't get good till Piccolo shows up. Till then it's just a lighthearted adventure manga meant for kids. Once it gets to Demon King Piccolo arc, it surpasses all of Z in storytelling.
>>
>>344460113
We didn't see an attack like the Drunken fighting or the Monkey technique in DBZ until the Buu saga.
>>
>>344460160
Jesus Christ, Xeno Goku is more muscle than man.

Also I hope that's not Vegeta or his father.
>>
>>344460757
Wasn't Kid Goku's entire fighting style Monkey technique?
>>
>>344460160
Always knew Vegeta would be into BDSM
>>
>>344460854
No, I'm talking about the thing he came up with after Jackie Chun used the Drunken Fist thing.
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Crazy_Fist

This, sorry I forgot the name.
>>
File: dragonball_car1.png (170 KB, 1300x865) Image search: [Google]
dragonball_car1.png
170 KB, 1300x865
>>344448778
I want an Outrun-style driving game based on the DB manga title pages.
>>
File: 1467593430128.jpg (89 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1467593430128.jpg
89 KB, 604x604
I love Tao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFbvfxfl_cI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6TN4fVBSwM

Hey Blue, guess who?
>>
>>344448778
>Old School Dragonball
cuz its boring shit
>>
>>344448931
>>344449197
this right here, it's the best dragon ball game and it's the closest you are going to get op
>>
>>344448778
the original Dragon Ball is better than everything after that
>>
>>344461242
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCguZfznVQM

It's called ChoroQ HG2 in Japan. The series is pretty good.
>>
>>344448778
>please ruin my favorite thing
Bruh
>>
>>344452954
I'd agree about DBZ being campy, at least after Goku transforms into a SSJ for the first time. After that it get's pretty silly.
>>
This thread reminded me of this this old shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_iX_ySdEYA
>>
>>344457118
I like it, too. It makes the two a bit more distinctive other than the clothes. But that'd be wishful thinking dealing with Toei.
>>
>>344455982
Wow, all this just to say you didn't like it? How stupid, you don't have to make everything an essay.
>>
>>344462834
Girl-Chan in Paradise did that joke better
>>
>>344460160
>>344460786
Reminder that's how Goku used to look like before the movies and Super took away all his gains.
>>
>>344460492
I'm on the King Piccolo arc and it's still the same formula
Not that don't enjoy it, but there sure isn't a "focus on martial arts" like everyone is claiming it is, everyone basically just has some gimmick, just like DBZ opponents
>>
>>344463759
>Goku
>having that much muscle
>ever
Xeno Goku is like the opposite of Super Goku in that he was made super buff instead of skinny.
>>
File: 1464298520473.jpg (500 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1464298520473.jpg
500 KB, 1280x1707
>Playing Xenoverse
>See a character named literally Vegetable/Instrument/Cold pun

Wow so fucking clever.
>>
>>344464079
>Not following the naming conventions set in the series lore

I guess you made a black and red Freeza named DeathBlade or something
>>
>>344464079
>not following the theme
Hey I tend to go with my screen name on first runs for main account reason but you can't just throw that shit away.
>>
>>344464079
That's what I did with my namekian. It's the standard naming convention.
>>
File: Nappa Power.webm (3 MB, 900x565) Image search: [Google]
Nappa Power.webm
3 MB, 900x565
Oh shit, it's Nappa O'clock
>>
>>344464316
>>344464483
>>344464525
>LITERALLY
>>
>>344448931
/thread
>>
>>344464683
Literally what exactly?
>>
>>344464960
>>344465247
>>
>>344465514
What?
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>>344448778
>Fuck Z and fuck Xenoverse
>>
>>344465610
jesus, you're slow

The name is LITERALLY Vegetable Pun

it's not A pun, the name itself is VEGETABLE/FOOD/INSTRUMENT PUN

get it
>>
>>344465694
But that is pretty funny. Are you seriously angry that someone made a good joke? Oh I get it, you wanted to do it first.
>>
>>344457656
>What is mico-leão dourado
>>
>>344465694
>literally Vegetable Pun
>Name is Vegetable Joke
>literally

Anyway what's the problem there?
>>
>>344465902
>>344465825
I'm not that guy >>344464079

I'm just explaining what he meant

personally I never encountered some OC named like that
>>
>>344457656
>golden animals
But there are a lot of golden animals, anon.
>inb4 golden mammals
There still a good number of golden mammals, as well.
Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.