[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ingress
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: ingress-main.jpg (38 KB, 769x432) Image search: [Google]
ingress-main.jpg
38 KB, 769x432
>Pleb
Pokémon Go
>Patrician
Ingress

When you get bored looking at the server down screen, why don't you play the superior GPS-based mobile MMORPG?
>>
Pokemon Go is shit
>>
>>344447934
agreed
>>
>>344447934
fuck pokemon go
>>
>>344446170
they're both shit

Pokemon Go at least has a cool pull of catching pokemon
>>
Because the parts taken from Ingress are what I don't like. I like catching Pokémon by walking up to them, not fighting for territory for a completely arbitrary team. Plus there's no trading yet, genwun "original 150 only!" and you have to keep your phone on for it to register walking with an egg.

It's a shitty cash in by a western dev, and boy did they cash in. It's fucking stupid.
>>
>>344449219
Play the handheld games then
>>344449351
They didn't take enough from Ingress. In Ingress you claim Portals which are the equivalents of both Pokepoints and Gyms, and you can claim these portals for your faction and you can also attack portals from the other faction to neutralize and capture them. Also, you can link portals and if they make a triangle, they create a field which scores points for your faction.
>>
>>344447934
/thread
>>
>>344449827
They didn't take enough from Pokémon, either. As it is, it's just a watered down Ingress with a Pokémon skin and ball throwing tech demo.
>>
>>344449827
>Also, you can link portals and if they make a triangle, they create a field which scores points for your faction.
I remember playing Ingress a bunch of years ago, and two points in my country were connected with one in England. Absolutely fucking crazy.
>>
Pokemon GO is fun. It has mass appeal. Ingress has 10 million downloads and a billion portals. With the Pokemon name GO is going to become absolutely massive, especially when it adds battling. Its at version .3, there's nowhere to go but up.

I play games and ask if anyone is playing Pokemon GO. 20% of the people respond affirmatively.
>>
>>344450312
I hope Niantic takes some of the Go bucks and puts into Ingress
>>
>>344450978
Why would they ever do that? Pokemon GO is going to be a hundred times more profitable
>>
>>344451272
It's going to die, just watch.
>>
>>344453489
speak for yourself
>>
>>344453138

That said, >>344447934
>>
File: 2wmv3abmq08x.png (485 KB, 420x553) Image search: [Google]
2wmv3abmq08x.png
485 KB, 420x553
>>
>>344454440
>beer

Might as well drink piss.
>>
>>344455006
You probably drink cider at parties and attempt to look sophisticated (you don't)
>>
>>344454440
I drink neither of these things.
>>
>>344454440
I don't think walking around in public with your face stuck in your phone is any kind of mature, whether you're le hacking buildings or catching Weedles. But the fact that you even pretend it's mature is more pathetic.
>>
Scoring meaningless points vs catching meaningless Pokemon

At least you can nostalgia about self caught Pokemon
>>
>>344454440
At least the juice is delicious.
>>
>>344453489
Ingress isn't dead.
>>
>>344455765
At least scoring meaningless portals isn't a cheap cash-in
>>
>>344446170
It makes me kind of not feel bad for not having a smart phone because I feel like I would be too tempted to be playing this shit.
>>
bampu
>>
>>344447934
The thing I found which caused the most problem was that I had to move.
>>
>>344458573
Lazy NEET autistic manchild fuck.
>>
>>344458619
HOWEVER

I am going on holiday this year.
>>
>>344446170
Ingress was just a beta test.
>>
>>344458764
It's still the superior game
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.