[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am a stroke victim and I basically lost the use of my right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: 1467359861958.jpg (71 KB, 912x600) Image search: [Google]
1467359861958.jpg
71 KB, 912x600
I am a stroke victim and I basically lost the use of my right half of my body. What games can I play with just the mouse and not using my other hand (because it's useless for games).
>>
>>344445093

OSRS
>>
>>344445093
Point-and-click adventure games.
All kinds of DS games on a DS emulator.
>>
Any kind of turn based game on the PC.

Xcom is fully controllable with just the mouse. It's also fun.
>>
>>344445093
Worms Armageddon
>>
>>344445093
I think FTL is good for you
>>
System Shock 1 and Ultima Underworld 1-2
>>
Invisible Inc., xcom with spies
>>
>>344445093
One Finger Death Punch.
>>
Qwop
>>
>>344445093
Syberia 1 and 2 are great point and click adventure games you may enjoy.
>>
EVE Online
>>
File: right_controller_main2.jpg (45 KB, 420x471) Image search: [Google]
right_controller_main2.jpg
45 KB, 420x471
My condolences. My father had a stroke a few years ago and is in much of the same boat as you are. Did you know a lot of companies make one handed controllers for amputees/people like you? Here's a picture of just one of many.

With a little practice you could get the hang of this and can be back playing whatever you want to play. It's something to look into, anon.

I'm deeply sorry for your stroke, friend.
>>
You could get a mouse with an excessive amount of buttons and learn yourself to use that instead of the keyboard for movement.

Probably take quite a long time to get used to it but it might end up allowing you to play most games.
>>
I think you can play WoW with just the mouse, but it's been like 6 years since I've played that
>>
Osu
>>
File: LogitechG13.png (61 KB, 521x342) Image search: [Google]
LogitechG13.png
61 KB, 521x342
I guess if you got one of those MMO mice you could play games like Diablo 3, would probably take a bit of getting used to. Or even something like pic related, using a combination of the stick and a WASD type thing to give you loads of control with just one hand, then you could play quite a large variety of games.
>>
>>344445093

a bunch of VR games can be played with 1 motion controller
>>
>>344445093
You could play something like D2 or Grim Dawn if you've got a mouse with a lot of buttons or don't mind using the numpad with your thumb.
>>
The classic pacman games (Original, Ms, Jr, and super)
>>
>>344445093
Holy shit anon, that sucks. How old are you?
>>
>>344445093
You are definitely not all right
>>
Almost any Sid Meier game
Any Dawn of War/Company of Heroes game
Cities: Skylines
Train Simulator
Flight Simulator
Almost any point 'n click adventure game

Those are just the ones that I noticed in my steam favourites.
>>
>>344445093
i just heard about someone my age getting a stroke from some drug i used to use all the time (modafinil + noopept). scary, but i hope the best for you, op.
>>
Get a flight stick with a lot of buttons or a stick/hat on top and rebind everything with software. It'll let you play casual fps's and third person games and more.
>>
File: 1459810429379.jpg (76 KB, 620x457) Image search: [Google]
1459810429379.jpg
76 KB, 620x457
why dont you use a foot pedal
>>
Anything turn based should be good, and thankfully it has some of the best games ever made:

XCom
Jagged Alliance 2
Underrail
Silent Storm
Civilization

Slot of the old Black Isle RPGs should also be quite playable with just a mouse if you adjust the pause commands to pause every round.
Baldurs Gate 1+2
Planescape Torment
Icewind Dale
Neverwinter Nights

Sim games should also be playable:
Sim City
Tropical
Cities:Skylines
>>
File: 1467510612990.jpg (8 KB, 236x256) Image search: [Google]
1467510612990.jpg
8 KB, 236x256
>>344448862
>>
FTL. Did you lose feeling as well as control?
>>
File: VTF-INO.webm (3 MB, 900x656) Image search: [Google]
VTF-INO.webm
3 MB, 900x656
>>344445093
Become the one-handed shmup master!
>>
>>344454108
i lost feeling and I can still move my arms
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.