[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got Castlevania: Curse of Darkness for PS2, do I need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: amazing cover.jpg (297 KB, 717x997) Image search: [Google]
amazing cover.jpg
297 KB, 717x997
I just got Castlevania: Curse of Darkness for PS2, do I need to play any previously titles to understand the story?
I also got Chaos Legions, which one is better?
>>
Starting with Curse of Darkness is like starting Dragon Ball with the tv special about Vegeta's little brother.

Just play the first NES Castlevania and make your way up from there.
>>
File: castlevania051007.jpg (33 KB, 225x343) Image search: [Google]
castlevania051007.jpg
33 KB, 225x343
>>344439756
>Just play the first NES Castlevania

Why would anyone play the NES adaptation of Castlevania when so many superior adaptations of that game exists?
>>
>>344440183
He's shitposting. You need to play Castlevania 3 at least though since Curse is a direct sequel to that.

Best version of CV3 is the japanese Akumajou Densetsu one, they raped balance and music in the english version.
There's a fantranslation for Akumajou Densetsu on Romhacking.net
>>
>>344440183

Because it isn't the same game at all?

>NES adaptation of Castlevania

It isn't an adaptation, NES Castlevania is the original Castlevania.
>>
>>344439513
You just need to know about Belmonts.
>>
>>344440459
>recommending people to start with CV1 is now considered shitposting

fucking hell /v/
>>
>>344440793
You're shitposting by saying it's mandatory to play CV1 before Curse, which is not the case.

He only really needs to play CV3, that's literally it.

Obviously it would be better to play all of them but if he doesn't want to, he doesn't have to. CV3 is the only mandatory thing to play before Curse.
>>
>>344440669
Everything I know is that they got the whip and keep hunting Dracula thorough the ages. Literally.
Is this enough?
>>
>>344441260
FUCKING PLAY CV3 YOU FAGGOT
>>
>>344441129
>You're shitposting by saying it's mandatory to play CV1 before Curse

No, read again, I said he should play CV1 and then make his way from there, including CV3.
>>
File: Haunted_Castle_-_1988_-_Konami.jpg (177 KB, 1440x1260) Image search: [Google]
Haunted_Castle_-_1988_-_Konami.jpg
177 KB, 1440x1260
>>344440513

Castlevania is an adaptation, or port, of an arcade game called Haunted House.
>>
>>344441717

I don't know if you're baiting, but if you're not, see that Haunted Castle is from 1988, and NES Castlevania is from 1986.
>>
>>344441717
Haunted House is a different game entirely that was made like 2-3 years later you fucking moron.
>>
>>344441830

oh my bad but let's continue on.

There are several remakes of Cast.levania on various platform one of which is on the SNES called Castlevania IV so why would anyone want to play the NES original.

Is it because it's the original or is there a more special reason?
>>
>>344439513
you just need to know that a belmont from the CV3 game is no cursed and you (once dracula's ally) are the one to put shit were they belong, that's it, otherwise go play CV3
>>
>>344441260
yes it is enough op. and curse of darkness is better than chaos legion.
>>
>>344442105

Castlevania IV and Castlevania X68000/Chronicles aren't remakes, more like retelling of the same Simon story, but the games themselves are actually different and aren't substitutes for the original.
>>
>>344439513

Both are decent games, but I enjoyed Chaos Legion a little bit more myself. More games need to have summonable minions, though they really need to work on balancing the fuckers. I wouldn't recommend playing either game in hard mode because your summons drop harder than anything I have ever seen and you pretty much need them to progress at any sane rate.
>>
>>344442439Castlevania IV and Castlevania X68000/Chronicles aren't remakes, more like retelling of the same Simon story

That would make it a remake. I'm asking you why anyone would prefer the original the remakes.

Would you mind?

Or are you just going to argue about something that I don't care about some more.
>>
>>344442154
Thank you very much.
>>
>>344442983

Play the games, they aren't remakes.

You won't find the library level of Castlevania IV on NES Castlevania.
You won't find the doll house level of X68000 on NES Castlevania.
And likewise, you won't find the ruins level of NES CV in either IV or X68K.

In fact, none of the levels of these games are alike, the only one that's similar is the castle entrance, which also appears in pretty much every other 2D Castlevania game, including Symphony of the night.
>>
>>344443256
I'm asking again why anyone would prefer to play the original NES game when there are fine remakes on the market.

One more time. Explain why anyone would play the NES version when there are better adaptations of the original game available.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.