[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isn't the Souls series mostly about getting better equipment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: wallpaper 19.jpg (756 KB, 3000x1255) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper 19.jpg
756 KB, 3000x1255
Isn't the Souls series mostly about getting better equipment and managing stats? Why do you people love those games so much? Skill is literally the last thing you need in those games. You really just have to grind until you get decent gear and high enough stats. Hell, it's only ever kinda hard at the beginning because that's when a lot of shit can one-shot you.

What's so fun about these games?

I only ever went through DeS before I got bored.
>>
>>344439186
way to ignore the actual GAMEPLAY itself, which is all about mastering the mechanisms, observing the environments & enemy behavior, and a little bit of old-school trial 'n' error. Add the MP elements to the mix, and you got fairly unique soup for today's gaming industry.

Also, there's been plenty of pure no-gear & upgrades runs, meaning the game's actually pretty well thought out too.
>>
You're not supposed to grind, OP. Try playing them at base level if you want a challenge.
>>
>>344439650
The animations didn't do much for me. Maybe it was just the game at 30FPS.
>>
>>344439186

Levels and equipment doesnt matter as much in souls games as in other games. You're free to grind, but overlevelling itself doesnt really give you that much advantage. Its more about dodging boss attacks.
>>
>>344439186
i thought this was a thread about cyberpunk vidya...
>>
>>344439186

it's a rare example of a game that does not indulge in handholding, it fucks you over and over again. Some people like to be challenged and not expect victory
>>
File: DaS Jump Attack.gif (3 MB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
DaS Jump Attack.gif
3 MB, 600x360
>>344439931
The animations are pretty great though.
>>
File: Mandatory Souls Games.jpg (306 KB, 1198x827) Image search: [Google]
Mandatory Souls Games.jpg
306 KB, 1198x827
>>344440214
Why not both?
>>
File: Cyber Souls.jpg (147 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Cyber Souls.jpg
147 KB, 1024x576
>>344440385
Wrong pic.
>>
>>344439186
It's more about trial and error

I just returned to my BB playthrough and can't get back into it

The bosses are fun but every area just ends with me having to sprint past 30 enemies to the next lamp / shortcut. The 2nd half of Dark Souls had the same problem.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.