[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled we can all agree that W1>W3>W2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: witcher_enhanced_ed.jpg (238 KB, 836x1183) Image search: [Google]
witcher_enhanced_ed.jpg
238 KB, 836x1183
Now that the dust has settled we can all agree that

W1>W3>W2

Right /v/?
>>
>>344439174
yes.

>inb4 buttmad Xbox kids who can't deal with pure CRPG controls in 1
>>
Witcher 1 - Neverwinter Nights mod with shittier rhythm game combat
Witcher 2 - "we want the AAA audience" action RPG
Witcher 3 - "we want the Skyrim audience" open world RPG
>>
>>344439661
/thread
>>
File: 1401394046012.webm (2 MB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
1401394046012.webm
2 MB, 720x576
>>344439661
>Witcher 2 - "we want the Demon's Souls audience" action RPG
FTFY. Hell, devs even admitted that.

Also, TW1's combat is great, and the game in general is comfy.
>>
>>344439661
>RPG
>Witcher
>>
>>344440054
>role-playing game
>you play the role of a witcher

you're a dumby!
>>
>>344439336
I think W2 was the tightest story-wise, actually. First game was basically just adaptation of short stories with some original narrative and third game was playing on player's investment up to that point, resolving some hooks from the books and emotional factor. When CDPR had full freedom with their narrative in W2 they made a great thing. problem was people just accused it of being Game of Thrones because politics. Another problem was that Gop was a massive Dark Souls fanboys and wanted that style of combat in the game.
>>
>>344440236
>I think W2 was the tightest story-wise, actually.
I thought it was the shittiest one with worst overall design. Also terrible gameplay and UI-wise.

I'd never even heard of GoT by the time I played Witcher 1 & 2.
>>
>>344439661
>Witcher 3 - "we want the Skyrim audience" open world RPG

Skyrim and Witcher 3 are nothing alike, though. Just because they're quasi open world, lest we forget there are loading screens for every interior in TES games, their focuses as games lie in VASTLY different departments.
>>
>>344439661
/thread
>>
>>344439174
Witcher 2 had the best main quest/story, everything else was better in the other two games though
>>
File: W2_no-vodka-for-you.jpg (69 KB, 417x480) Image search: [Google]
W2_no-vodka-for-you.jpg
69 KB, 417x480
>>344440236
Expected a dumb brute, players?
>>
>>344439174
Witcher ! gameplay sucks balls
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.