[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Nintendo continue to make games marketed for children
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: giphy.gif (919 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
919 KB, 500x320
Why does Nintendo continue to make games marketed for children when their fanbase is composed of 17-30 year olds with disposable incomes?
>>
Because Japan treats consoles as toys.
>>
>>344429073
consoles are toys
deal with it
>>
>>344429073
Because they've got self-respect. They do what they want to do, not desperately chance after the easy money.

>b-but casuals
Nintendo went after casuals back when no-one thought casuals existed.
>>
>>344429073
Why do you think Fire Emblem is a major IP now?
>>
>>344430178
>not desperately chance after the easy money.

Then what is Pokemon Go?
>>
>>344432058
Something not related to nintendo at all
>>
>>344432058
What do you think is going to happen when they start rolling out updates?
>>
>>344432119

Are you really that delusional?
>>
>>344429073
because their target audience are 17-30 year olds manchildren
>>
>>344430178

>not desperate chance after easy money
>nearly dump all previous market for a casual one after it exploded on the wii
>make a console with built in skylander toy reader just to jew hard with easy money

Yeah, no
>>
>>344429073
>3DS is the highest selling nintendo hardware
>beating the ps4, x1, vita and wii-u
>90% of its games are aimed at children
>>
Because they'll buy it anyway

A game called Yoshis Wooly World does not make Nintendo fans doubt the depth of a game
>>
More like 25-40 year olds
>>
File: 1467833195833.png (331 KB, 416x408) Image search: [Google]
1467833195833.png
331 KB, 416x408
>>344432247
>manchildren

Eh, I'm bored of this insult.
I see nothing wrong with a man being in touch with his childhood as long as they're not autistic about it.
>>
>>344429073

Because they want more fans and the majority of their IP is targetted at everyone and the youngest children are the audience who don't already know Nintendo exist.
>>
>>344429073
>Why does Nintendo continue to make games marketed for children

The same reason Pixar only makes cartoons.
>>
>>344429073
>john_lennon.gif
>>
The younger audience doesn't care about Nintendo, beyond Pokemon and maybe Mario

It's tablet/phone games, Minecraft, and whatever meme game of the month is, like FNAF, that they care about
>>
>>344429073
Do you realize your post contradicts itself OP? Are you really that dumb? I doubt this is bait.
>>
File: lion.jpg (7 KB, 376x134) Image search: [Google]
lion.jpg
7 KB, 376x134
>>344432404

One of the biggest box office hits in history "The Lion King" was just a children's cartoon. H-h-h-ow was this possible?
>>
>>344429073
Because these 17-30 year olds used to be kids buying nintendo games.
Nintendo's strategy is to hook kids while they're young, and it's worked very well for them.
>>
>>344432119

Pokemon Go is developed by Niantic and published by the Pokemon Company. A subsidiary of Nintendo. While Nintendo has complete control over Pokémon video games, it doesn't actually have full ownership of The Pokémon Company. In 1998, Nintendo formed that company in partnership with developers Game Freak and Creatures Inc.
>>
>>344432709
>I see nothing wrong with a man being in touch with his childhood as long as they're not autistic about it.
Posting on /v/ has crossed the autistic line. Enjoying games as a hobby is totally fine, but when you start debating them on an animu image website, it becomes autistic.
>>
Why would a company change what it's doing for the sake of people who already like what the company is doing?
>>
>>344429073
They make games for everyone to enjoy. Even if they have cartoony or cute looks, everyone can play and enjoy them. Unless they have some kind of unresolved complex about maturity.
>>
>>344429073
john lennon
>>
>>344433367
Why aren't you telling this to me and not the guy I replied to?
>>
>>344432119
Pokemon Go was developed by Niantic and is published by The Pokemon Company. While Nintendo has complete control over Pokémon video games, it doesn't actually have full ownership of The Pokémon Company. In 1998, Nintendo formed that company in partnership with developers Game Freak and Creatures Inc.
>>
>>344433409

No the question is, wouldn't it be better to make games for everyone rather than man-children and 40 year old virgins who fap to anime/Street figher/DOA/Overwatch/ect. characters.
>>
>>344432709
ok manchild
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.