[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why am I not allowed to smoke in a game where I can kill, steal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9
File: 925.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
925.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
Why am I not allowed to smoke in a game where I can kill, steal and inject other drugs?
>>
The only games I can think of where you can smoke are Vanquish and Metal Gear Solid.
>>
>>344427569
You can also smoke in Do Sex.
>>
you can smoke in some games
>>
>>344427393
Play metal gear dumbass.
>>
>>344427720
I'll take a vial of zyme.
>>
>>344427790

But it drains your fucking health, what kind of bullshit is that? It should at least give you some benefits like feeling relaxed and being able to focus better.
>>
You can in bioshock, too.

It just doesn't add a whole lot to some games, and anyway I think games would, for some reason, get more flak from having tobacco in it than violence

On a side note, this fucking vape law is making me consider switching back to smokes. What used to be a $7 vial of shit is now a fucking $23 do-it-yourself kit because they aren't allowed to mix in-store. Fuck everything
>>
killing, stealing, and drugs are illegal
so you normally wouldn't do these things after seeing them in a game
>>
File: Great parenting.jpg (28 KB, 634x424) Image search: [Google]
Great parenting.jpg
28 KB, 634x424
>>344427393
The North American videogame industry would LOVE to be in the pocket of tobacco companies, but that would probably be the final straw. So they stay away from the easy money.
>>
>>344427972
In MGS4 smoking replenishes your Psyche gauge at the cost of health
>>
>>344427393
because smoking is legal out of the game.
>>
>>344427972
Smoking on the original MGS make your hand shake less when you're using the PSG1.
>>
>>344428548
and you can see lasers!
>>
>>344428548
Shit all you want about his stories but it's these tiny details that make me love Kojima and his games
>>
>immediate negative effect
>>
>>344427393
I don't know OP, maybe Mario and Luigi just don't like smoking.
>>
>>344429462
And that is why they'll never be cool.
>>
>>344427393
Because smoking cigarettes is boring as fuck.
>>
Propaganda
>>
>>344427393
Fuck off smelly out of shape faggot.
>brb smoke break
And I'm goddamn sick and tired of you cunts bitching about the prices. If it's too expensive DON'T FUCKING BUY IT! YOU DON'T NEED IT!
>>
>>344429746
Anon, by that logic you can only ever complain about the price of food and water.
>>
>>344429983
That's cause you need those things.
The only thing more trivial and unimportant that cigarettes is video games
>>
>>344427393
cuz its bad for you my man
>>344427720
of all the things Deus Ex foretold right its strange to see ciggarate vending machines in the future
>>
>>344429746
>WOW STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT GASOLINE IF IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE DON'T DRIVE A CAR
>WOW STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT AIRLINE PRICES IF IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE JUST ROW A CANOE
>WOW STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT CLOTHING PRICES IF IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE JUST BE NAKED
I can complain all I want motherfucker.
>>
>>344427393
Because it drains your health bar, stupid. What a stupid idiot.
>>
You can smoke in the Saboteur and GTA Online.
>>
>>344430219
>of all the things Deus Ex foretold right its strange to see ciggarate vending machines in the future

I still see them in bars sometimes. But I get what you mean. They were pretty much gone by the time they made the game anyway.
>>
>>344430254
These important things in our day to day life make poor arguments anon
>>
File: dexter.jpg (25 KB, 550x449) Image search: [Google]
dexter.jpg
25 KB, 550x449
>>344427393

There are plenty of games in which causing the protagonist to smoke is one of the actions which the player can perform.

Are you complaining that not every single game has such a feature or that not every single developer wanted to include it?

You might as well be asking,
>Why am I not allowed to untie my left shoe in a game where I can jump, drive cars, and eat food?
>Why am I not allowed to use toilets in a game where I can kill monsters, pick mushrooms, and talk to hookers?
>Why am I not allowed to do backflips in a game where I can stab people, climb buildings, and swim?
>>
>>344430686
Yeah I was trying to avoid saying shit like water or food but it's not a very good argument. I guess my main point was that if I'm allowed to complain about other shit then I should be allowed to complain about smoking prices. People bitch about dumb stuff all the time.
>>
Bioshock let you smoke.
>>
>>344427393
My run was with Archangels so I abstained from it but in Wasteland2 you get to chose what brand your character smoke
>>
File: 528807669.jpg (117 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
528807669.jpg
117 KB, 600x450
Because smoking is worse than murder. So are titties and genitals.

We can use drugs though, and drink, and strangle innocent people, and run them down with cars and tanks, and shoot them to death, and riddle their bodies with bullets, and drown them, and hurl them from buildings, and throw them into traffic, and blow them up, and slice them with lightsabers, and slit their throats, and stab them to death, and tie them to train tracks to have them run over, and kill police, and kill military, and burn nations with nuclear fire, and murder children, and slaughter animals, and bait animals into killing people, and train animals to kill people, and trap people inside buildings until they starve to death, and drown people, and crush people with boulders, and freeze people to death, and cover people with oil before lighting them on fire, and give people diseases that spread and kill brutally, and cause people's head to explode, and shoot men in their genitals to kill them, and drag people to death, and club people to death, and smash a person in the head with a TV set, and sop people to death, and break necks, and commit mass shootings, and disintegrate people with laser beams, and trick people into murdering each other, and hang people with rope or wire, and use magic to turn people into animals then kill and skin them and sell their pelts, and feed people to bears, and poison people.

Smoking and nudity are totally out of the question though. Totally unacceptable.
>>
>>344431593
That's a badass little girl
>>
>>344427393
Smoke is gross, Anon.
>>
>tfw quit smoking cold turkey 3 months ago
>tfw slipped up one night while drunk because a friend of mine made a really big mistake
>tfw i got half way through said cigarette and then started dying and was reminded of why i stopped so i threw the entire pack out

Feels good not having to smoke anymore.

Now if only I could have that willpower to lose weight.
>>
>>344431593
smoking doesnt even make you feel good compared to other drugs. why fund the corporate machine when you can make spics and niggers kill each other with your hard earned dollar
>>
File: 1385253336143.png (16 KB, 691x597) Image search: [Google]
1385253336143.png
16 KB, 691x597
>>344433080
>a friend of mine made a really big mistake
do tell
>>
>>344430790
I think he's talking about games where it would make sense.

In Fallout 3 and New Vegas, you can find cigarettes, packs of smokes and even cartons.
Can you smoke them?
No, but you can inject a violence enhancer, inhale a fuck-yes gas and get hooked on morphine (name-changed to Med-X), but you can't use the smokes you find in abundance.
>>
>>344431030
Smoke rollies then, it's literally like half the price for the same shit.
>>
>>344428001
Plus smoking and putting smokes in ads and the media was a huge issue at some point. I like to smoke every now and then but it's pretty terrible.
>>
>>344433375
Yeah I was thinking about it. I've tried vaping to quit but after this new law was passed everything's gone to shit. I guess I have something new to complain about
>>
File: I think I've lost it.jpg (109 KB, 406x364) Image search: [Google]
I think I've lost it.jpg
109 KB, 406x364
>>344433080
>People always say losing weight is hard
>Lose like 20 kilos in half a year by not eating too much
>Didn't even exercise, mostly just lied in bed with my laptop outside of university
>Ate some fast food 1-2 times a week but counted caloric intake

I'm exercising daily now, and it's also not as hard as people make it out to be. It's not even about willpower, it's about motivation and you being okay with routine work.
>>
>>344434196
I truly feel bad for the actual lard asses though. Being a little overweight is one thing but people who are 300+ pounds it would take a lot of willpower and dedication.
>>
>>344427393
because cigs are probably worse for health than marijuana.
>>
>>344435103
>probably
You mean "definitely."
>>
>>344434196
>Losing weight isn't that hard.
>My high metabolism allowed me to lose weight when I reduced my calorie intake
That is how you sound.
>>
>american games
>you can kill people, trashtalk people like if they're worse than slaves, characters are obviously murderers, prostitutes, drugs addicts, corrupted people
>smoking would be immoral, and let's censor these outfit showing skin

the morality is so wrong in america
>>
Smoking's so gross, can't even sniff an American Spirit anymore without feeling like throwing up. And that's especially alarming because I usually smoke 3-4 joints a day.
>>
>>344435263
Losing weight isn't hard you fat piece of shit. You can also speed up your metabolism If you exercise and eat right.
>>
>>344427983
Just quit, man. That's what I did. I switched to vaping, it became a pain in the ass, so then I went back to cigs for a while. Realized there wasn't any point to it and I just quit cold turkey. No cravings or withdrawals, so I was really smoking just to smoke.
>>
>>344434915
It took a lot of dedication to get that fat in the first place.
>>
>>344434196

A ton of people have gym or anxiety in general doing exercise in a shared place. I know I did, then I realized that people either don't care or will have mad respect for you doing that exercise to make yourself better.

Couple that with a gym membership and a decent calorie tracking app and it really isn't that hard to lose 2 pounds a week. You just have to stick with it and not get discouraged at natural weight fluctuation. Lost 10 pounds in a month and I feel great.
>>
>>344435103
It's the act of directly getting that shit into your lungs which is bad, right? How is marijuana or any other substance you can smoke any better? It is a foreign substance after all. This is why people who don't smoke but live in an area with cars (so nearly fucking anywhere) won't have perfectly healthy lungs, because car exhaust and other shit gets into their lungs and of course damages them over time.
>>
File: 1450153394810.jpg (23 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1450153394810.jpg
23 KB, 480x480
>>344427393
>game allows you to smoke cigarettes
>it either drains your life or instantly kills you with no benefit whatsoever
YEAH THANKS I GOT IT SMOKING IS BAD
>>
>>344435427
No wonder, American Spirit's have a really nauseous smell.
>>
>>344435902
>It's the act of directly getting that shit into your lungs which is bad, right?
No, you are completely wrong. It wholly depends on the substance itself. Oxygen is also a foreign substance by your rationale.
>>
File: 1459968091209.jpg (34 KB, 640x637) Image search: [Google]
1459968091209.jpg
34 KB, 640x637
>>344435958
>game allows you to drink alcohol
>character gets "drunk" after only one sip
>>
>>344427393
I know you can smoke in GTA4 if you idle long enough.
>>
>>344436267
I always liked in World of Warcraft that how drunk you get depends on how much you drink and how strong the beverage is.
>>
>>344436465
Or maybe that was saints row, not too sure.
>>
>>344435902
>tar
>nicotine
somehow getting these on your lungs are healthier than marijuana.
>>
>>344433353
Can you at last sell the cigs or are they just visual props?
In the Gothic games you can smoke
swampweed and at least in 2 it gives you a slow mo effect if you do. It might be useful if you use snapper weed to gain a burst of superspeed, the slowdown effect might help you maneuver more precisely.
>>
>>344434915
Being a fatass also means high caloric maintenance to keep all that lard. I don't even know how people can get that fat. There was a time when I ate almost nothing but loads of KFC but even then I felt physically sick after eating too much, my stomach was as if it could burst and I've never gone past 110 kg or so.

>>344435263
Skip on McDonalds once or twice, fatty. You don't need all those calories to feel full.
>>
>>344436220
Aren't there tinfoil theories around which claim oxygen is actually damages our bodies slowly over time? Who knows how exactly true or accurate any of those are though.
>>
>>344436786
Nicotine is only the addictive agent here, the tar is the actual health hazard.
>>
>>344436805
You can sell them, that have a decent weight-to-price ratio.
But they show up in MISC rather than AID.

There are mods that change it, but most of them require you to watch a small cut-scene of your character smoking so you're fucked if they add in a combat related effect and you need one in battle.
>>
>>344436990
Oxidation is a thing so yeah I guess it does. It's not like a you have a choice but to breathe it anyway.
>>
>>344427393
And just slap a big pair of jiggly ass bare tits in your game while you're at it!
>>
Why are Americans such pansies about smoking? In Europe people push strollers around while having a fag, but you'd be reprimanded by complete strangers doing the same in land of the free.
>>
>>344427720
I legitimately thought you were talking about a game called Do Sex instead of DE.

My autism has risen higher than the greater of magnum dongs
>>
>smoking its ilegal
>somehow being a police and snorting cocaine its perfectly fine
>>
File: latest[1].png (1 MB, 1451x982) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1 MB, 1451x982
>Have a smoke
>Get a sudden burst of energy, feel great
>After a while start feeling bad
>Have to smoke some more or lose health

Postal 2 did it nicely. I mean, sure, it was actually crack you smoke but whatever.
>>
>>344430219
There are still plenty of cigarette vending machines in Japan.
>>
>>344437898
they are everywhere in Germany too.
>>
>>344427393
DUDE
>>
>>344437898
>>344437984
You still get them out back here in Aus.

Some even have the slot for you to insert your drivers license.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.