[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As some people might know, the Shovel Knight devs, Yacht Club,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: H2yAveL.jpg (532 KB, 2631x1332) Image search: [Google]
H2yAveL.jpg
532 KB, 2631x1332
As some people might know, the Shovel Knight devs, Yacht Club, put up a poll for people to show support of what kind of game people would want them to work on next. They just released the result of the poll

RIP Landstalker
>>
literal proof that people just want the same shit over and over
>>
>>344412968
>Yacht Club making a Zelda/Metroid/Mario/Final Fantasy/Mega Man game
what
how
why was that even an option
>>
>>344413172

I mean Shovel Knight only has one game so far, so it's not like the game's been run into the ground yet. Plus Zelda did almost as good as Shovel Knight 2, and Metroid actually did better
>>
Metroid > Zelda confirmed
>>
>>344413501

It's an easy-to-understand genre listing
>>
can I still vote?
>>
>>344413816

Poll's still open, so yeah you can. Not sure if they'll still be looking at it though

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1V6wPLSqNj88zuz0-Ms6RAtiBXXVoIlNnK-IjYcIeHGU/formResponse
>>
Goddamn would I want a good Mario RPG-styled game. Maybe there's still hope
>>
>>344413172
Did you expect them to vote for things that aren't in that poll? Because every option was already "the same shit". Also
>people want things they know they like
Oh no, the sheeple
>>
Thought Shovel Kart would get more votes.
Still, pretty hype for a new 2D Zelda type game though.
>>
>>344415018
>Thought Shovel Kart would get more votes

Glad it didn't. Easily the worst option available.
>>
>>344415018

Original Mario Kart aged like milk, so it's not too surprising
>>
how the fuck did bro-op shovel/shield knight not get a shit ton of votes
>>
>>344415468
probably because nobody has friends lol
>>
>Spelunky and Shovel Kart at the bottom.

God dammit. Metroids are fucking great, but there's so god damned many of them.
>>
>>344415468

I wanted co-op a co-op platformer so fucking badly
>>
>>344415590
No there are loads of castlevanias, there aren't many that all those rpg elements and a more tightly nit map
>>
File: Metroidvanias.jpg (3 MB, 2000x7800) Image search: [Google]
Metroidvanias.jpg
3 MB, 2000x7800
>>344415696
This list is woefully incomplete. There's enough.
>>
>>344415696
There aren't any loads of Castlevanias, there are loads of Metroidvanias, fuckhead.
>>
>>344415785
Why do people called them Metroidvanias anyway? Metroid was doing the Metroidvania thing years before Castlevania started to even resemble a metroidvania. Why is is metroidvania and not just a "metroid-like"?
>>
>>344415785
>>344415789
Not my fault you can seen how different they are, the share a base fundamental concept but divert from there in a big way

Even IGA called that out when Bloodstained was on KS which is why he didn't want to use the term metroidvania
>>
>>344416174
Rpg elements + metroid elements = metroidvania
At least that's what i thought, we really should come up with better names for these things
>>
>>344416174
mostly cuz metroid has no melee combat to speak off, it's all projectile based other than shine spark
>>
>>344412968
M A R I O R P G
A
R
I
O
R
P
G
>>
>>344416278
Actually most "Metroidvanias" don't have RPG elements.
The only other one aside from Castlevania that I think has an RPG-like system is Valdis Story, and even that game is stretching it.
>>
>>344416415
it's been a long time since I played it but I'm pretty sure you level up in tomba/tombi. Though I also never really thought of them as metroidvanias
>>
Why would they do this? Yacht Club are great, they should do whatever they actually want, and can make well

Imagine if this poll came out before and one of the choices was "a duck tales!"

Obviously nobody would choose that
>>
>>344415785
The fact that nu strider is meh and none of the original striders are listed piss me the fuck off
Fuck you and fuck your list
>>
>>344416932
I assume they have vague ideas for all of these and just wanted to see what the public's opinion was
>>
>>344412968
>metroid on front along with SK2
Goddammit, We JUST HAD one shovel knight and retard fans already want to milk it? And we have too many tiny "indie metroidvania" games, unless they were willing to go big, far and beyond most have done (which i doubt they want to) then they should not even go for it.

Havent seen many decent top-down 2d zelda clones though, maybe it will be good.
>>
>>344416932

I'm sure they have ideas on what they want to make. They're not bound to the highest voted idea or anything. Probably just want to know if their project will be viable as something people actually want

I would figure anything from excited to super excited is fair game for them to go for with a new project
>>
>Shovel Knight players hate skill based games
No surprise there.
>>
Just one bump for people that might find this interesting
>>
Good. One step closer to Super Shovel Knight, then Shovel Knight 64, then Shovel Knight Solid.
>>
>>344412968
>Shovel Knight 2 is 2nd place
I really hope it doesn't win. Just go with the metroid, can't go wrong with a metroid.
>>
>>344419087

It's a non-binding poll. Yacht Club doesn't have to make what wins. The poll is just a useful tool for them to see what kind of games the people that follow them would be interested in
>>
>>344419210
True. I mean, I assume the choices they made were games they themselves are willing to make. It's possible they couldn't decide between them and so left that up to their fans, but you're right that in the end it's up to them.

That said, I don't mind shovel knight 2 being made, I actually want a shovel knight 2, just not right now. I think they should make another IP first and then make shovel knight 2 and whatever other shovel knight stuff they wanted to do. The first game isn't even done yet after all.
>>
>>344419725
yeah but they plan to have it done by the end of the year. gotta start thinking about that next project too
>>
>A Mario did poorly
>One of the only devs doing platforming perfectly was told not to make a Mario
>>
Why do people want companies to do only one kind of game?
>From Software should only do Souls
>Platinum should only make Character Actions
>>
>>344420471
Shovel Knight was more about fighting the enemies than the actual platforming I think. The pogo-shovel did lead to a lot of platforming stuff, but I don't think it's the same as Mario. Shovel Knight himself is pretty slow and slightly clunky movement-wise.

>>344419907
Also true. Still, I think it's better for everyone if they wait to make Shovel Knight 2. They already put a lot of work into the first game, so I'd rather have them make a different game so they can hopefully be "more creative" with it. Then return to shovel knight after that, and by having such a break from it, they should be able to come up with more fresh ideas. Though who knows, they may have had a bunch of ideas that didn't make it in to the first game that could be in the 2nd.
>>
>>344421160

New IP first, then Super Shovel Knight I say
>>
File: ResponsibleDentalGoral[1].webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ResponsibleDentalGoral[1].webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q1u70v0_lI
>>
>>344424773
shit wrong link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4DlaJNeusc
>>
>>344424773
>>344424939
>need to buy amiibo
ahahaha
>>
I am so fucking sick of metroidvanias
>>
>>344415785
Environmental Station Alpha isn't on there. I'd say it goes in Great tier.
>>
>>344427369
I made a poll for that recently and it got 4 votes for Meh Tier and nothing else. That didn't seem right so I decided to wait for an opportunity where it could get more votes. I haven't played it myself yet so I'm just gonna wait for that.
>>
>>344427580
Aw, really? That's too bad, I had a really great time with it. Oh well. Hopefully you enjoy it someday too anon
>>
File: 1429496191162.png (317 KB, 796x712) Image search: [Google]
1429496191162.png
317 KB, 796x712
>No one gives a fuck about Solstice
>>
>>344427897
I feel bad about it, but I really just don't give a shit.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.