[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
World War 1 fps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
Why has no one made a true, realistic world war one game before? Why does it seem so hard ?

All the game really needs in my eyes is
>Large teams
>Terrain deformation from Artillery/grenades
>players able to dig holes

If you give the players the ability to build their own trenches quickly and easily, you'll effectively create trench warfare just by the fact that anyone who isn't in a hole will get shot and die.

I have been playing Verdun a lot recently and it just frustrates me how good that game COULD have been.

Anyone on /v/ got any decent ideas for a world war 1 game that is historically accurate, unlike battlefield 1
>>
Because WW1 was a boring, pointless war.
>>
Does sitting in trenches for hours screaming for your mother sound fun to you?
>>
>large teams
>ground deformation
>ability to dig
ace of spades pre jagex sounds about right
>>
Digging trenches is a horrible idea. Otherwise it would be nearly indistinguishable from a good WW2 fps surely?
>>
>>344408950
theres battle field 1 retardo
>>
Because instead of going through the effort of making a World War one game with unique play styles, they can but a WW1 skin on a WW2 FPS and sell it for big bucks. Hell they can even portion of vital parts of the war and make them DLC. Fuck EA forever
>>
>>344409097

Fucking this!
Just make it a bit nicer.

>>344409150
Why?
>>
>spend 45 days with wet feet and living off rations in a muddy hole
>hit by random artillery barrage.

Goty
>>
>>344409046

pointless, yes
boring, no.
>>
>>344408950
>Why has no one made a true, realistic world war one game before
A) because Verdun exists
B) WWI was a shitty, pointless war, and all the guns sucked.
>>
>>344409084
>>344409229

Why do people seem to think a game about World War 1 would be sitting around doing nothing.
Being told to take trenches or go over the top of your trench that your team mates have dug would be pretty fun.
>>
>>344409328
>Run to enemy occupied trench
>get mowed down by machine gunners or blown the fuck up by mortars
>repeat until not mowed down by machine gunners
>>
There are maps of Red Orchestra 2 that are exactly as you describe, teams of 32 vs 32 80% off the player have bolt action rifles
>>
I can't be the only one who read OPs post as World War 1 frame per second"
>>
File: Carlos.jpg (8 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Carlos.jpg
8 KB, 210x240
>>344409635
Well considering the cameras back then, he's not wrong
>>
>>344409084
>>344409150
>>344408950
>>344409328
>>344409267

>le ww1 was entirely western front trench warfare meme

Does running across the alps as an italian while dodging biplane Austrian fire not sound exciting?

Being a British soldier clashing with ottomans through jerusalem on horseback not sound cool?

Running across the frozen plains of Poland as a Russian not sound cool?

WW1 has a shit ton of possibilities.
>>
>>344410415
>You will never play a game based on the insane shit the Czech Legion did during and after the war
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czechoslovak_Legion
>>
>>344410585
Hey cool, I'll Czech them out.
>>
>>344408950
Verdun was fun. Limited automatic weapons, gas, mortar and artillery strikes, trench taking and defending. Downside is game community is small and suffers from being WAY to much like Red Orchestra 2
>>
>tfw austrian-hungarian soldier
>commit your life to keep a great nation alive
>tons of backwards tribes want to have their own nation and create conflicts
>eventually fail because all the nations of the world conspire against you and your allies
>backwards tribes get their own nations
>100 years later, your nation is strong again despite being smaller
>tribespeople now legallly invade your country because their own nations have gone to shit

Austria-Hungary did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 1461408628244.png (381 KB, 453x488) Image search: [Google]
1461408628244.png
381 KB, 453x488
>>344413737
>a great nation

I think you misspelt 'German Satellite'
>>
>>344414219
i think your misspelt 'german bro-reich'
>>
>>344414403
Throughout all off ww1, 'Kaiser Willy 2: The squeakquel' was cursing you retarded, glorified turks off in private. You incompetent baboons could barely take serbia, and got destroyed by ITALY.
>>
>>344408950
It should be a comedy or a horror game because everyone in WW1 was a goddam idiot.
>>
Why would you want any game to run at 1 fps?
>>
>he wasn't around for ace of spades
>>
V e r d u n
>>
>>344408950
>Why has no one made a true, realistic world war one game before?

because the setting just doesnt allow a good game without fucking over the realism part.

ww2 and later wars had plenty of urban combat, which makes for decent gameplay.

pre-gunpowder era had lots of melee combat, which makes for ok gameplay.

but ww1 was defined by technology that made defense ultra effective while making any attempt at offense suicidal madness. also, it was fought on actual battlefields instead of cities like later wars, which results in a big and clear front line with both sites getting entrenched a few hundred feet from each other, angrily pointing their bolt-action rifles at each other while praying they dont get blown to bits by the next artillery barrage.
>>
>>344414678
>italy

lel, keep believing the lies, glorious austria-hungary destroyed italy and was winning on their front, but was eventually beaten because turkey and germany failed to beat the russians, UK and france
>>
File: 1358727357678-1024x576.jpg (78 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1358727357678-1024x576.jpg
78 KB, 1024x576
>>344414678
>destroyed by italy
>>
>>344416050
>>344416076
keep crying fags. a bunch of spaghettis got through to germany because you couldn't hold a defensive line.
>>
>>344408950
Who the hell is going to coordinate a bunch of twelve year olds? What you are describing sounds more along the lines of a RTS, not a FPS.
>>
>>344415150
Verdun is all but over. The Battle of the Somme is what began exactly 100 years ago.

A lot of Brits died for very little.
>>
Sounds like ace of spades.
Shame lost boy infected all known v55 installs. Then again, they might be safe since they were infected prior microsoft taking over no-ip
>>
>>344408950
because spending hours in trenches waiting for the order to go try and claim some ground, then going over the top and getting shredded by machineguns,
does not make for good gameplay
>>
>>344416195
even with the combined power of germany and turkey, you couldn't even hold off a few slavs with sticks, the greaseheads only made it to the german front with the aid of france and UK, going around the austrian-hungary front, they knew they couldn't take on glorious austria-hungary and went after the weakest link
>>
>>344416469
>you
I'm English

>they knew they couldn't take on glorious austria-hungary

they literally made it through using the only route to germany, through 'Australia's Hungry 'Empire''
>>
>>344408950
>1 fps
Damn consolefags
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 704x396
>WW1 video games
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HotaBU1ntJ4
>>
>>344416694
>I'm English

This explains your lack of knowledge on Austria-Hungary.
>>
>>344414678
Hate to break it to you bud, but the K.u.K. fucking raped Italy. They may have had trouble in Serbia and Galicia but they demolished Italy because they were retarded.
>>
>>344409084
>does screaming for your mother sound fun to you?

>log into WW1 Simulator Online
>be assigned to a team
>check my surroundings
>shells landing all around, bullets whizz overhead, some teammates drowning in a pool of their own blood
>make myself a cup of coffee before I start playing
>as i sit down to start my part i hear a fellow soldier over voice chat
>REEEEE MOMMY WHERE ARE MY TENDIES I WANT MY TENDIES

Ah yes, the authentic WW2 experience, just as I remember it.
>>
>>344408950
the classic ace of spades is pretty much your wet dream it seems
>>
>>344409328
>go over the top of your trench

You seem to not understand why trenches were dug.

You went over the top, you died.
>>
>>344409046
Every war is pretty pointless desu senpai
>>
>>344408950
Realism should always give in to balanced gameplay.

Just wait for BF1.
>>
>>344420016
>automatic guns
>ww1
>>
>>344420194
Yes, and? They had automatic weapons. They just didn't have them in great supply.
>>
>>344413737
>backwards tribes
And this is literally the kind of mentality that led to the breakup.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.