[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"stealth" game >you can run around and nobody
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: 1460239429235.png (54 KB, 340x293) Image search: [Google]
1460239429235.png
54 KB, 340x293
>"stealth" game
>you can run around and nobody gets suspicious
>that is until you walk into a puddle, then everyone loses their shit
>>
>tactical espionage action
>>
It's a fucking PS1 game dude.
>>
>I literally piss and shit myself whenever a game doesn't adhere to the strict rules of reality
>>
>Genetically modified soldiers literally created to be the greatest soliders ever
>Can only see 6 feet infront of themselves
FOXHOUND need to make glasses standard issue.
>>
>>344408575
go to bed razorfist
>>
>>344408575

>run silently
>go undetected

>make noise in puddle
>get detected

What about that doesn't make sense to you? You fucking retard.
>>
>defeat the katana-wielding cyborg ninja by punching him in the head
>>
>>344408926
Only a fool trusts a weapon!
>>
>>344408926

>Blow up a tank with grenades

I assume we are making fun of ops autism here, it's a fucking video game
>>
>>344408906
>run silently

Snake makes loud fucking footstep sounds whenever he runs. There's no sneak option.
>>
>>344409003
i'm going to piss all over your box, motherfucker
>>
UGH! UGHUGHUGHUGH [crack] AUGH
>>
>>344409013

Nah m8 he's wearing a sneak suit that makes him silent even when running, pay attention to the story and you wouldn't have nonsensical objections to the games mechanics
>>
Huh? Whose footprints are these?
>>
File: foxhound_387.png (60 KB, 750x900) Image search: [Google]
foxhound_387.png
60 KB, 750x900
>>344408793
>>
>>344409132
>corpse barfs out a RATION box
>>
>>344409139
actually it's the nanomachines in his feet that prevent them from making noise, but they get disrupted under water
>>
>>344408793
the Patriots thought Big Boss had a genetic advantage over normal soldiers

LET and the Genome Soldiers demonstrated that genetically, he's actually pretty retarded and easily confused. It was his training and unique experiences that made him what he was. Hence, Raiden

then they decided fuck it, well just skip all that and reprogram people's brains in real time to emulate the big boss end product, hence SOP
>>
dude
deus sex and thief are better stealth games than that "interactive" movie mgs is! xD
Lmao
>>
>>344409330
>trying to justify Kojima's mess with headcanon

Wew.
>>
>>344409363
Not better than tenchu
>>
>>344409226
If the box is in an area in which it would be out of place, they're going to catch you.
>>
>>344408575
>you can run around and nobody gets suspicious
what?
if you run around where people can see you they will sound the alarm
if you run around and your footsteps make noise, they will turn around, see you and sound the alarm
>>
Remember the basics of punch punch KICK
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 320x180
>>344410321
No prob
>>
i can't stand these fucking threads made by millenial shitstains playing classic games for the first time and coming on here to unleash their autism, probably after playing for 20 minutes. your generation doesn't give a fuck about games you are addicted to the internet.
>>
Hard mode in MGS2 is breaking me. How the fuck am I supposed to deffuse the bomb on the moving cardbox?
>>
File: TURFAT.jpg (41 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
TURFAT.jpg
41 KB, 392x500
>Can hear loud footsteps coming and going from several guards patroling the same area
>Make one small step forward
>Everybody goes paranoid
>WHO GOES THERE
>....
>JUST THE WIND I GUESS
>Guards go back to duty and continue making as much noise as possible

>>344411807
Cant you just wait in one place untill it comes back? I think thats what I did anyways.
>>
>>344412345
I can't find a spot that is safe from guards for a long time. Neutralising is not an option because of the search team.
>>
>>344412664
There's usually one guard who keeps reporting the status of the area, I dont think the search team will go in as long as you dont neautralize him, just leave him be and put the other two to sleep, I think it was that one guard that just stays in one place, he falls asleep quite often and rarely turns around.
>>
>>344412345
Maybe the guards got used to the sound of each other after patrolling routinely for so long, so they know when something sounds out of the ordinary.
>>
>>344413491
It was in the north of the room, maybe I could neutralize the guard in the middle.
In the moment all of them are dead, because I did stupid things out of frustration
>>
>>344408575
>greentext
>more greentext
>witty remark
>>
>>34441416
>stupid things out of frustration
Just wait untill you reach the bridge filled with semtex, It took me days to find the last god damned device to deactivate the explosives.

The sniper part with E.E was even worse, I'll just leave it there.
>>
MGS is not a stealth game. It's a shitty action game.
Play Tenchu or Thief if you want an actual stealth game.
>>
>>344409541
The entire point of MGS1 and 2 is that genes don't determine how good you are at fighting and it's more about experience. It does get pretty stupid from there though.
>>
>retards finding "realism" flaws about stealth games

a 100% realist stealth game would be the hardest game in existence. But you autists don't get that.
>>
>>344416836
Metro 2033 was sort of realistic about stealth, as in once you're found the alarm literally never goes out until you're found
>>
>>344415854
Only played 1 and 2 so far, they are fairly good, although I disliked how the second game forces you to kill every single enemy on the map in order to get Master Ninja rank, I also felt like the level design was inferior to the first game.

Lastly, I thought Tenchu 1 had a god tier sountrack, a shame the second game lacks music.
>>
>>344409034
No handkerchief for you, mean awoo in snow.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.