[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: LITERAL PERFECTION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: mandl.png (654 KB, 1339x283) Image search: [Google]
mandl.png
654 KB, 1339x283
ITT: LITERAL PERFECTION
>>
>>344405304
did they stop trying with the covers
>>
>>344405304
4 of those games don't belong in this thread.
>>
>>344405304

I always thought the newer box arts are a bit silly, from BIS onwards wouldn't that only start to confuse casual buyers? Like if a non-gamer was buying it for a child "The New Mario & Luigi game for 3DS" I could imagine them mixing up BIS, Dream Team and Paper Jam.
>>
>>344405304
How? Most are just mediocre and forgettable
>>
>>344405304
everything after bowser's inside story is great

dream team is decent

and whatever the fuck the last one was
>>
>>344405418

They quit censoring the original covers.
>>
>>344405304
Oh lord, now you triggered the Paper Mario autists.

But yeah, I agree with you, OP. Even the weakest entries in the series, like PiT, are still great. Best Mario RPGs ever. Who needs Paper-Toilet Mario?
>>
File: hqdefault (3).jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (3).jpg
33 KB, 480x360
>>344405304
Still my favourite boss fight in video games.
>>
File: oihjrj25.png (42 KB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
oihjrj25.png
42 KB, 264x264
Incoming Supernostalgia Saga faggots saying it was the best in the series.
>>
>>344405805
It is.
>>
>>344405674
the western SSS cover is way fucking better than the JP one
>>
>>344405304
The first 2 games were awesome, the rest not so much.

>>344405418
>>344405674
This, it's a case of reverse regional boxart. Japan had the shittier boxarts, and they started giving us theirs with BIS.
>>
BIS is the best one
>>
>>344405304
>Played GBA on emulator
Nice
>Actually bought partners in time on DS
Pretty good, glad I bought it
>Couldn't get my hands on Inside Story could at the time I was a poor boy
feelsbadman
>See trailers for Dream Team
holy shit
>buy Dream Time
>20 hours later it's still giving me fucking unskippable tutorials
turn it off and trade it in and at fuckinggamestop
>>
>>344405805
Explain how it's not. PS, I played it for the first time on my DS so it's not even really nostalgia.
>>
>>344406014
every single M&L game prior has unskippable tutorials across the game

>skipping tutorials on first playthrough
Why?
>>
File: 4-capture_015_17122012_135035.png (397 KB, 639x480) Image search: [Google]
4-capture_015_17122012_135035.png
397 KB, 639x480
>>344405304
Praising Maran Gor is easy mode.
>>
>>344406206
>every single M&L game prior has unskippable tutorials across the game
>>skipping tutorials on first playthrough
>Why?

To answer both, it was the third game in the series I had played, let's be honest the gameplay wasn't exactly ground break. The tutorials were fucking pointless, anyone with basic gaming knowledge could figure out how to use those brand new moves, and how you should apply them.

Instead there's an entire fucking scene on how to use it, forcing you to play example, it was frustrating
>>
The M&L are anything but perfect. Each has its own flaws while the majority of the shit whined about in latter entries is evident in the earlier ones, like tutorials, dull minigames, and bosses being a joke thanks to overpowered specials.
>>
>>344406535
And in previous games, especially the precious SSS that everyone here loves to suck its dick, you were warped to a mini gimmick course to make sure you understood how the new move/skill worked.
>>
>>344406760
Ergh, the main reason I haven't replayed SSS right there, fuck that shit.
>>
Superstar and Bowser are literal perfection.
The rest suck.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.