[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok I'm playing this shit and it's quite fun but I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1461610831563.jpg (150 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461610831563.jpg
150 KB, 1920x1080
Ok I'm playing this shit and it's quite fun but I'm trying to 3 stars some races and I can't do it for the hell of me. Been looking for alternative roads and all but some races seem just impossible and yet I see people with really short times who managed to do the race.

I have not finished the story, is it required to be able to max some races ? I wonder if some alt roads are locked for the grappler or some shit
>>
what game
>>
>>344403521
Mirror's edge catalyst
>>
>>344404409
?
>>
File: 20160624224438_1.jpg (331 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160624224438_1.jpg
331 KB, 1920x1080
>>344402689
Do you have the grapplehook and the faster climbing abilities yet?
>>
>>344404483
??
>>
>>344404565
Yes. But not the last grapplehook upgrade
>>
>>344402689
Get coil and roll (for higher than mid jumps) and you're good to go, faster climbing pipes and latters and longer sliding helps too but its not necessary.
Don't use the red trail, it doesn't show you the fastest route, just put it to classic where stuff is just red.
Dashes are lots of trial and error so I recommend you avoid the yellow icons unless they are billboards which give you lots of xp, and focus on side quests and side missions(blue icons)
Try new routes.
Jumping while running helps a lot
Coil is your best friend
Only roll when you're above a mid jump, only slide if its too tall.
>>
Is this some bullshit or did this game actually secretly release?

Did it turn out to be actual open world or good like the first one?
>>
>>344405134
When is coil useful ? Only for getting above barriers or is there another use ?
>>
Dashes are very hard, Only do dashes when you feel comfortable with the controls and you're familiar with the world, otherwise you're just going to end up hating the game because of one dash, stick to non dash missions.
I did a lot of deliveries and that's how I got familiar with each section quickly, free xp/skill points in the process
Get coil and roll and start coil jumping.
>>
File: Sdgyt5e.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Sdgyt5e.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
This game was released? When the fuck did this happen? Is it good? Why didn't they advertise this at all
>>
>>344405619
>>344405268
Didn't realize it released either, but also realized that I was actually not looking forward to it at all despite loving the first game

There's just no way that EA didn't fuck it up
>>
>>344405729
Yeah that's exactly how I'm feeling.

Last I hear it was open world with a skill tree so I didn't follow it.
>>
>>344405729
Only thing wrong with it is the story.
Dice can't do stories, rest is fine, ea fucked up the marketing if that's what you mean.
>>
>>344405982
You get the essential skills from the first game very quickly on this one, faster if you do side missions, it never breaks the game.
Most the stuff is mostly useless, since you're just going to be running, with the occasional fight in a locked room but those are very few.
>>
>>344406281
That still sounds dreadful to me.

>locked in a combat room
>side missions
This just screams avoid. The first game was possibly my favourite game of last gen. I just want to run though. No path finding. Certainly no finding missions.
>>
File: 1452514716605.gif (560 KB, 300x203) Image search: [Google]
1452514716605.gif
560 KB, 300x203
>>344402689
I don't know why people whined about her looking bad in this game. The game might be shit but she looks way more attractive than she did in the firs game
>>
>>344404757
???
>>
>>344406540
Side missions are races or deliveries so you run everywhere. You can turn the path finding off and the mandatory combat is very rare. You can run past most of the time
>>
>>344406557
She's hot af I can't wait for the sfm
>>
>>344406703
No, what I mean by path finding is that I don't want to backtrack and tgink about where I'm going.

I just want to see a route and execute it.
>>
>>344406810
You don't need to in missions or deliveries. And of course you have to do it for races
>>
>>344407632
I don't really know what you're saying. I'm misunderstanding something but I am confident that because this is open world I won't enjoy it. I'll treat the first game as a one off gem, like Barman.
>>
>>344405982

The skill tree isn't all that great. you get longer sldies and you climb faster but that's all.

Personally, I think if you play it to go straight to main missions, it'll at least give the illusion of an open world setting - it feels more like a huge race track rather than an open world setting to be honest.

[spoilers]ME:C is okay[/spoilers]
>>
>>344408032
I don't want open world though, was the point. I detest them.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.