[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WTF IS the Nintendo NX? I really hope it isn't a handh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: nintendo-patent-nx-2.jpg (15 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-patent-nx-2.jpg
15 KB, 640x479
WTF IS the Nintendo NX?

I really hope it isn't a handheld. People will be getting tingly hands like when you text on your phone too much

Dear Lord why can't it just be a kick ass system? I'm worried...
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/nintendo-nx-handheld-latest-patent-could-be-linked-new-console-544018
>>
>>344400145
>I really hope it isn't a handheld.
I really hope it is, actually. We have no confirmation about it being a home console either.
Inb4
>Muh Reggie put of context quote!
That doesn't confirm shit.
>Muh improved BotW visuals!
They said different visuals, not improved visuals.
>>
It's a Wii U that takes 3DS cartridges.
>>
>>344400145
Nintendo did enter the phone market. Maybe it's a smartphone?
>>
Considering they're already saying things implying that they don't care about raw power, you're pretty insane to expect anything better than a slightly better Wii U. I'm hoping for a Wii U which allows you to take the tablet thing with you really, with slightly better specs if used on TV.
>>
>left hand
>right hand
was that really necessary
>>
>>344400343
Iwata (rip) was very clear. NX is a dedicated gaming hardware, not a mobile phone.
We still don't know yet if it is a handheld or a home console. Or both.
>>
I just want an online store like iTunes... with EVERY SINGLE old Nintendo title, going back to nes

Could u imagine???

Could u imagine the library of joy you could obtain??????!
>>
I've got a feeling it's both a home system and a handheld system, but not how most are suggesting. I think MX will be the brand name for new systems going forward, and there'll be two consoles - called something like NX Home and NX Go - that will be their own devices but will feature some cross play functions, similar to the Vita and PS4 or Xbone and Smartglass.
>>
>>344401056
That would be great as long as both systems will play the same games.
>>
File: NX V4.5.png (2 MB, 2901x2680) Image search: [Google]
NX V4.5.png
2 MB, 2901x2680
>>344401056
>>344402528
This is all I want.
>>
>>344402693
Metroid must be the most overrated series ever. Praised to hell and back, it sells mediocre numbers of units. It's like its few fans are so loud it seems the series is a big deal when it actually isn't.
>>
will this have haptic feedback like it was rumored that the wii u would have before it was released?
>>
>>344403001
I know right? Everybody knows FIFA and Call of Duty are the best games ever. Look at how much the sell!
>>
>>344403119
I couldn't expect a less butthurt strawman from a metroidfag.
>>
>>344402528
This would work out to be a bad thing if it were required for games to run in both console and handheld mode. We would either get ugly games so they can run on the handheld or developers will simply not bother. It is a guaranteed way to kill any possible third party support because no one will want to put in the extra effort for one console. I would like to think that Nintendo would have learned by now that no 3rd part support is a bad thing.
>>
>>344403251
I only ever played Fusion and Zero Mission
You're still a faggot.
>>
Please tell me this will be a console. Cmon nintendo give us some fuckin info
>>
>>344403576
I mean, if the developer can develop a game for one of the home console but the hardware allows automatically a downscale for the handheld version, it would be ideal. Third parties would have to create one game, while the hardware plays the same game on high quality on home console and on low quality on handheld, like on PC.
>>
>>344403576
Considering how many games come out for PS4/PS3/PSV I disagree.
>>
>>344400883

ROMs dumbass
>>
>>344403917
Fuck piracy tbqh.
>>
>>344402693
Just like PS4/Vita
>>
>>344403975

Kys yourself faggot with your bitch ass promoting Nintendo charging $7 for 25 year old games Fuck you
>>
>>344404074
Stay mad, piratecuck. Good games deserve that price. Go cry to mommy, maybe she will give you some money for vidya.
>>
>>344400145

>Latest patent

Holy shit gaming "journalist" working again

>Guys look Nintendo made a patent
>But they make ptents every few wekks because of the stupid patent laws in America i mean look at all the other shit they made in the last years
>NO ITS MUST BE CONNECTED TO THE NEW CONSOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fucking niggers
>>
>>344400145
>WTF IS the Nintendo NX
It is an axe.
>>
File: 161277976793.jpg (7 KB, 280x239) Image search: [Google]
161277976793.jpg
7 KB, 280x239
>>344404269
>>
>>344403070
How in god's name are we supposed to know? We don't know jack shit about the NX except:
>It will be dedicated to classic gaming, no mobile
>It will be released on March
>Some companies like Ubisoft, Square and Koei confirmed support for it
Everything else you read around are just stupid rumors, no confirmation whatsoever. Nobody knows shit except for those things I listed.
>>
>>344400883
It's called having a PC. I'm not interested in paying 20 or even 10 bucks for 20+ years old games, which is exactly what would happen with Nintendo's "all games are equal" shit that only hardcore nintendrones can defend. Just look at the pricing on their store now.
>>
>>344404624
Thanks for your hot opinion, famalam. As a sign of gratitude, I'll give a (you).
>>
>>344404780
lmaoing at your poor ass
>>
>>344404829
>poor
Pot meet kettle.
>>
>>344404971
laughing meet my ass
>>
>>344404361
No don't post funny faces. Post serious faces. Nintendo loves their puns. You just know that it'll be an axe.
>>
>>344403119
CoD games are def. better than some obscure wannabe Halo-killer that noone played on an obscure console that noone bought from a year in which noone in this thread was born yet.
>>
>>344405153
CoD is shit.
Metroid games are ok but overrated.
>>
>>344403820
>automatic downscale
That's not how software works dummy, someone has to sit there and lower the settings by hand or even just oversee that it does what it's supposed to do. Those "automatic" settings on PC aren't generated by magic, it compares your hardware configuration against a spreadsheet with presets and says what developers think would be optimal for you (protip: it never is). On top of that this is just graphic settings, but what about CPU? You can't just turn doen CPU usage when it's there for enemy AI or physics or whatever CPUs do these days. An ARM chip with 5W TDP will never ever be able to compete with a 35W x86 chip or whatever it is in the PSbone, not im workloads designed for x86 chips, ie every other platform ever.
>>
>>344403820
If it were automatic that would work, but I'm not sure how easy that would be to implement. There are only so many things that can be toggled on and off before the developer has to put time into making lower resolution models and textures and making sure they look good.

>>344403830
There are also a lot of game that don't release on both. Games like Bloodborne can barely run acceptably on PS4 as it is. It would likely have a negative effect if they were to make more graphically intense games like this with the Vita's limitations in mind. Most of the notable games I can think of off the top of my head that are on both are not graphically intense for the console version of the game.
>>
>>344405727
I won't hide my ignorance on the matter, I have no idea about that stuff. Then again, maybe Nintendo find a way to implement automatic downscaling and that's why they are afraid others will steal their idea.

I mean, they are at least experimenting in that direction, think about the ports of Wii games they did on 3DS or how some games like MvsDK Tipping stars are made for both handheld and home console.
>>
>>344406003
>There are also a lot of game that don't release on both.
That might be because PS3/PS4/PSV aren't designed specifically to work together and run the same games.
>>
>>344404179
Go away
>>
>>344406081
Even if they have similar architectures it is still extra work for developers to change the graphic settings for the games. Any extra work is too much work when Nintendo is already at a disadvantage. No one was willing to downscale their games for Wii U and implement controller support and they will not be willing to make two versions of every game just to reach a small percentage of the market.
>>
OH MAN NX CONTROLLER CONFIRMED DUURRRR
>>
>>344406973
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
I can't find it, but there was an interview with maybe reggie or someone, it had lot of information about how goal is to create install-base etc. I don't exactly remember but it doesn't get posted in these threads.

It came up while going through flipboard.
>>
The NX better be a handheld because no way I'm buying a Nintendo home console day one.
>>
It'll be a console AND handheld. It'll work like the wiiu but the controller will be it's own system that can play disconnected entirely from the main unit. This is why it will be catridge based, the controller system is what reads games.

With nintendo going all in on the mobile market, a handheld system is not only redundant but a bit at odds with their plans. However there is no denying the market for traditional handhelds. So they keep them alive along with their home consoles by not turning the console into a shitty PC like sony and microsoft, and they get to keep selling monster hunter.

My biggest fear is this will result in street pass becoming a thing for home console play. Because goddamn is that shit dumb.
>>
>>344409430
Nintendo isn't really going "all in" with mobile. It's just an half assed jump to see if it is a worthwhile market. While Pokemon GO is a hit, Miitomo has been an unsuccess. So mobile is far from being their main market.
>>
>>344400145
It's going to be another failed gimmick machine with tons of game droughts and butchered franchises. That's all Neotendo is capable of now.
>>
>>344411636
Man, I wonder how many dicks you sucked go have the brain filled with cum. Maybe your mother is an expert on the matter.
>>
>>344412835
>ur mum xd

Anyone who isn't a blind fanboy can see what they've become. Pretty much everyone is sick of their shit now.
>>
>>344414026
Maybe the cum arrived from your ass to your brain. That would explain the shit posts you make.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.