[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: what does it mean.jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
what does it mean.jpg
78 KB, 500x500
I don't get it
>>
File: 1 (4).jpg (120 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1 (4).jpg
120 KB, 1280x720
Sauce
>>
File: 970 480.jpg (75 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
970 480.jpg
75 KB, 960x960
>>344395283
Here's the biggest version I found
Google images was no help
>label
>>
>>344395149

look
the AMD one is already overheated

whats there to dont get?
>>
>>344395283
All 480 are actually 8GB physically, but some are locked to being 4GB to sell them as 4GB cards, but they can be unlocked in BIOS or something
>>
File: ZoWfa7j.jpg (53 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
ZoWfa7j.jpg
53 KB, 960x960
>>344395149
That is just standard and fine.

Simple thing is they most likely produce excess packaging of whatever box to save costs and just slap a sticker on after.

I work in logistics and generally at packing areas you get the individual components to put in a box to shop, generally speaking to save costs if you have a lot of products many companies simply use a box of a similar product and just put a label over the top.

Reason is often to match supply and demand as elsewise you'd have too much of one box.
>>
>>344395149
Really makes my wife's son think
>>
>>344396558
What's the point of selling them as 4GB models if they are cheap enough to be physically 8GB?
>>
>>344398098
You have to offer a range of products to fit different budgets because some people will be fine with paying a great deal for very little return.

If you are going to sell something it is in your best interests to sell both inferior ones at a lower cost and slightly improved ones at a much greater cost. You'll just make more money that way. That might not be what's going on here, mind you.
>>
>>344398550
Yeah I think that's it
Like, people who had a budget of $200 for their new card see the 8gb version with much more power for only 30 bucks more, so they go for it still
If there was only the 230 version they might have gone to the competition instead
>>
>>344398550

To expand upon that is why upon release some R9 290's were actually 290x's with the extra shaders disabled via bios. People were unlocking them.

Note this was only for the first few batches as once yields improved the extra/defective shaders were laser cut to prevent people doing exactly this.
>>
File: sunsdvd1b.jpg (53 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
sunsdvd1b.jpg
53 KB, 720x480
>amd
>>
>>344399235
You better put a pic of a nerved jew looking at his electric bill.

All i see from AMD is power targets and performance per price, instead of something that could actually compete with the new from jewvidya.
>>
last time I used an amd card it literally burned down the pc.
>>
>>344399235
>>344400024
>>344401542
>B-BUT MUH NVIDIA FIRES
>>
>>344401654
thats why i told him to use something different.
>>
The AIB models are going to be actual 4 GB not just the gimped 8 GB cards right?
You'll only be able to do this with certain reference models?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.