[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is a Star Ocean?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: appeal.jpg (288 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
appeal.jpg
288 KB, 1920x1080
I don't know jack about the Star Ocean series. Please inform me.
>>
>>344394561
Just play the second one, the others suck.
>>
>>344394561

Jesus, that fucking character design. Anime was a mistake.
>>
>>344394561
>Please inform me.
it's shit.
>>
As far as I can tell from SO5, it's a pretty boring game. I play all kinds of weeb shovelware games like Atelier and Neptunia, but SO5 is just a dreadfully boring slog.
>>
>>344394561
Try lurking.
>>
>>344395213
2 is okay if you can tolerate sticking to mostly on planet.

3 is slow and has a plot twist that's edgy.

4 has 2nd worst va I've ever seen.

5 I didn't bother with. Probably also terrible.
>>
they're all bad games and 4 is probably one of the worst JRPGs to ever grace the PlayStation
>>
>>344394561
Basically a half-assed version of Namco Tales of games.

>Getting hype about cool space adventure then getting dumped on a backwater planet for the rest of the game
>>
>>344395398
Well I've not played the other SO games so I obviously can't compare, but using other mediocre jRPGs as a baseline, I'd say this game is just meh. It's mediocre in the worst kind of way. There are no interesting characters, VA ranges from bad to OK, graphics are PS3 tier and it's not like there are any interesting locations, story sucks and above all combat is piss easy and all the characters start out with the skills you need for combat to work from beginning to end. Fidel, the main character, literally starts with the best skill he could ever use and there's no reason at all to mix or match, just spam that one skill.

Some times there are mediocre or bad games that you might feel compelled to play because they have something interesting going on for them, but SO5 has nothing like that. It feels like the devs cynically went straight for mediocrity and called it a day.
>>
>>344394561
the plot is pretty good actually
>>
>>344395684
>>344394561
The two things I know about Star ocean is that the voice acting sucks and the plot is really fucking weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNpla6xNMsY
>>
>>344394561
Can you fuck her?
>>
>>344396298
Now that's the real question.
>>
>>344395590
Atleast the tales have half-decent characters and stories.
>>
>>344394561
>called star ocean
>its not about an ocean full of stars
i just want to fly around the universe, find new planets and have a nice adventure

eternal sphere fucking when
>>
>>344394561
>I don't know jack about the Star Ocean series. Please inform me.

You don't need to know. These games aren't connected to each other. Play em in any order you like.
>>
>>344396879

Not since destiny they haven't. Probably not even then, though you fucks would've made mighty kongman a meme if /v/ was around then.

Guess we gotta go back to phantasia.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.