[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>A Demon's Souls remaster could still happen, but it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: jpg.jpg (32 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
32 KB, 600x338
>A Demon's Souls remaster could still happen, but it won't be developed by From Software, according to series creator Hidetaka Miyazaki.

>Speaking to GameSpot, Miyazaki noted that From Software isn't in charge of deciding if Demon's Souls will get a remake because the studio doesn't own the IP.

>"The Dark Souls series is Bandai Namco Entertainment's IP, and Demon's Souls and Bloodborne is Sony Interactive Entertainment's IP," he said. "Hence, the decision to do a remake or remastering is under their jurisdiction."

>"For me and for From Software, I don't think we'll be involved with their happening, but it could happen through another developer."

>We've known since 2014 that a sequel to Demon's Souls wouldn't happen, but some fans of the series have called for the predecessor to Dark Souls to be remade.

Would you even want another developer to touch Demon's Souls?

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/07/08/demons-souls-remaster-could-still-happen
>>
Remake often means making better graphic and repairing bugs so why not. Maybe someone other than from can make normal hitboxes
>>
Why would it be a problem? Just get it running at a mostly stable 60fps@1080p and I'd buy it again just to have active online once more too.

Bluepoint would be perfect for the job.
>>
>>344392429
A remaster or an HD upgrade? As long as From Software is not involved so they can work on other projects I don't see why not.
>>
I don't see the point. Just port it to PC at most.
>>
>>344392429
ye you know japan studio the real people who make the souls games and not from?
>>
>>344395654
oh man, blue point could make something great...

imagine a solid 1080p60fps demons/dark souls 1, with the netcode fixed up. godfuckingdammit.

shit, all souls games should be outsourced at the end of from's development cycle just to give them decent performance since from is fucking retarded
>>
File: que.png (824 KB, 564x674) Image search: [Google]
que.png
824 KB, 564x674
>>344396013
Nice meme.
>>
>>344396048
>Japan Studio
>having anything to do with the DaS trilogy
>>
>>344395847
>Literally says Sony owns the IP
>Port it to PC
>>
>>344396173
My post was removed
Oy vey
>>
>>344398367
thats why the das series is shit
>>
>>344398934
Not disagreeing there buddy.
>>
File: z15261236.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
z15261236.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1080
>>344392429
>all these babies who don't have PS3
>>
>>344392429
I would want them to redo many of the bosses
I'm not a fan of gimmicks. while some of them are really cool (tower knight), many of them are also unnecessary
>>
>>344399524
I am of the exact opposite opinion.
>>
>>344392429
>but some fans of the series have called for the predecessor to Dark Souls to be remade.

elaborate on this, they want a REAL remake or a shitty remaster they'll forget about in 2 weeks?
>>
>>344401376
I would kill for a proper remake of DaS
>>
a remake would befit dark souls since it's an unfinished mess, the game is only 5 years old though so it's unreasonable
>>
>>344401376
Most agree that a 1080p 60fps Demon's Souls with a completed 5th archstone and better netcode is all it would take.
>>
>>344392429
>Remasters/remakes
Why?
Why does such a thing exist?
Why would you not want to enjoy the purest form of something you consider a work of art? You want to see someone's shitty replica Mona Lisa with ""'"better"""" paint?

Just port it, it's easier and more profitable
>>
>>344401523

so you idiots want a shitty remaster with DLC, fuck off with your cancer
>>
>>344401509
No it's not unfinished you insufferable fucking faggot. It's finished. It's a finished product. It was published. It's complete.

Some parts were rushed, some stuff was left out, but it's still finished. You've probably never created anything in your life; dropping stuff is a natural part of creation. Mighty No.9 even is FINISHED, it's just shit.
>>
>>344401545
>Sony porting their exclusive IPs to any platform at all

Why is this so difficult to comprehend for some of you
>>
>>344401747

>if a product is sold it's finished
>that automatic fanboy autism defence force comment

hahaha

to be a child, what wonders those were
>>
>>344401750
>port it from PS3 to PS4
There you go Timmy I spelled it out just for you
Let me know when you need to go peepee okay
>>
>>344401747
>No it's not unfinished

L O L

The whole game falls apart completely after you get the lord vessel, it's all tunnels and crap areas after that, they even put teleportation since they knew it was shit, give me a fucking break and go play with the dragon asses in Izalith you bimbo.
>>
>>344401545
>Why?
>Why does such a thing exist?

Because fucking consoles.

If a game is released on PC you can mod it, you can up the resolution once you have better hardware and you can up the textures as well if you feel like it, on console a game goes to die and never to be remembered ever again, only to be sold a decade later with a shitty face-lift and a 60$ price tag.

Stupid fucks falling for this shit make me mad.
>>
>>344401904
The bed of chaos was also an unfinished pile of shit. They couldn't agree on anything for the boss, the deadline came and look at what we got.
>>
>>344405856
Isn't that one of the only bosses in history that people officially apologized for?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.