[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would Phoenix Wright win a real life court case?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: phoenix-ready.jpg (35 KB, 681x457) Image search: [Google]
phoenix-ready.jpg
35 KB, 681x457
Would Phoenix Wright win a real life court case?
>>
>>344391470
depends on the court system
>>
>>344391470
Considering that trials don't have to be solved in 3 days, he'd be unstoppable
>>
If he was in a system that was "innocent until proven guilty" then his job would be significantly easier.
>>
>>344391470
More likely he would be kicked out as soon as he opens his mouth
>>
better question would Mayas even be allowed next to Nick or use that mystic stuff
>>
>>344392096
Mystic shit no. Allowed next to Nick probably.
>>
>>344391470
The court system is hilariously stacked against him in the games.

But if it's the American court system, then he'd have a couple major advantages. First, the Magatama allows him to know if someone's hiding something. So he'd only have truly innocent clients, which would help tremendously. Second, he wouldn't have a three day limit, so his situation wouldn't be so desperate all the time. Third, he'd be privy to any and all evidence before the trial starts, so no bullshit like some asshole prosecutor throwing out a new piece of evidence in the middle of the goddamn trial. Fifth, the police would actually cooperate with him and give him the details of their investigation.

The most important thing here is that the playing field is completely level, so as long as Nick's client is truly completely innocent, he has the advantage.

Generally, real life trials are pretty boring affairs and nowhere near as dramatic as in Ace Attorney. As long as his client's innocent, it shouldn't be that hard for him to win.
>>
>>344391470
Yes. In real life, all evidence is laid out for the court to see at once. No bullshit like "press and uncover new evidence that turns the situation around". Imagine this done in games, Phoenix would win every case within minutes.
>>
>>344391670
This. If he can win against a system that requires he prove an alternate suspect in just 3 days, he can win in the American court system.

I dunno about the Japanese one though.
>>
Nick's greatest strength is that all his clients are innocent (except that one time when he wasn't, but I doubt he'll be making that mistake again anytime soon).

>>344393129
The Japanese court system isn't as ludicrous as it seems. Generally, the only cases that go to court are the ones that seem completely airtight. Basically "This guy's definitely guilty, but we should at least give him a fair trial to make sure we don't have any loose ends".

Nick wouldn't be able to survive in that sort of environment, since very few of his potential clients would be innocent. And since Nick only takes on innocent clients, he'd pretty much never have any cases.
>>
>>344391470
Your honor, I'd like to talk about this piece of evidence!
Objection your honor! Relevance?
I'll allow, please Mr Wright, which evidence would you like to present?
>Shows Attorney Badge
>>
>>344391609
It's been years since I played the AA trilogy so could someone refresh my memory, what happens if a case can't be decided in only three days? Do they say "fuck it" and just send the defendant to jail anyways? 'Cause that would just figure.

>>344392096
I don't see why not as long as it's not creating a scene. The only problem I can see that might arise is when Mia's tits are bursting out of the outfit after being channeled.

>>344392951
>First, the Magatama allows him to know if someone's hiding something.
Did the game ever explain why the Magatama didn't trigger immediately with Matt Engarde since he was guilty the whole time? Or is that just one of those things you're not supposed to think about?
>>
>>344394706
Phoenix asked Matt Engarde if he killed anyone and he told the truth and said no. While he didn't kill anyone, he hired shelly dekiller to kill the guy and blackmailed him instead

Engarde was truly a mastermind and the greatest villain that has graced the series.
>>
>>344394706
>Did the game ever explain why the Magatama didn't trigger immediately with that guy since he was guilty the whole time?
yes, Phoenix asked him if he actually killed the victim. Since he technically didn't the jewel didn't react. Phoenix should have asked him if he had anything to do with it.
>>
If he can win the unfair cases in the game he can win in any system.

Also in many cases he shows that his client is innocent, but for some reason has to prove someone else guilty to win.
>>
Most likely.

What about Apollo and Athena?
>>
Yep. It would be super easy to generate reasonable doubt and the prosecutors are usually hopeless IRL.

In the games he basically has to uncover the real killer.
>>
>>344395680
>prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the witness is the killer
>B-BUT WHAT ABOUT MY MOTIVE?
>if you fail here the judge still declares your client guilty
>>
>The accused must have done it because some drunk hobo saw a shadow that kind of looked like him in the area that night
>nuh uh he couldn't have done it
>DO YOU HAVE ABSOLUTE WATERTIGHT PROOF THAT HE COULDN'T????
>>
When you get to the point in the case when Phoenix has to pin the blame on the true culprit does that not make him a prosecutor? Then by default does that not make the prosecutor the defense since they try to move blame off the newly accused?
>>
>>344391470
No,because the judge would kick him out as soon as he tried to craft random theories based on objects he has in his pockets.
>>
Well for one real legal systems don't operate on a "guilty until you literally get another person to confess" basis

On the other hand he wouldn't be allowed to just go everywhere and fucking steal evidence then keep it a secret until the trial
>>
One will defend you whilst the others will work together to prosecute you for a crime you didn't commit but have hard evidence pinning you as the criminal. WHo do you choose to lawyer up?

>Everyone's alive and in their prime. Phoenix still went solo as if Mia had died.
>Phoenix has no co-counsel but does have the magatama
>Yew still has her connections.
> Edgeworth is still just as cold and straightforward.
>Diego and Mia work well together.
>>
>>344402402
>On the other hand he wouldn't be allowed to just go everywhere and fucking steal evidence then keep it a secret until the trial

This is the one thing that would gut him
>>
File: carnage-thoughtful(d)[1].gif (55 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
carnage-thoughtful(d)[1].gif
55 KB, 256x192
>>344395067
>Engarde was truly a mastermind and the greatest villain that has graced the series.
Oh boy, can someone be so wrong?

Alba = Gant = Manfred >>>>>>>>>>>> Engarde
>>
>>344391470
Probably not.
>>
File: Simon Keks.gif (144 KB, 185x139) Image search: [Google]
Simon Keks.gif
144 KB, 185x139
>>344402814
>Quercus "muh extraterritorial rights" Alba

Posting a true mastermind.
>>
>>344393373

This. I've heard that if a Jap attorney manages to get five people off the hook in his whole career he's considered near-legendary.
>>
>>344403452
Alba was good for actually putting up a long fight.
Too many AA villains simply roll over the second you get anything remotely incriminating on them. A lot of times it's not really definitive that they did it but they suddenly decide to confess everything for no good reason.
>>
>>344402454
Kristoph to defend. Barring a complete overhaul of the entire legal system with seven years prep time, he's unbeatable.

Everyone else is a defence attorney except for Godot (who couldn't convict a wet fish) and Edgeworth (the only real threat).
>>
>>344391470
He can solve any murder mystery in under 3 days with no prep time.
In any normal court of law he'd be known as a god, as long as the people he defends were actually innocent.
>>
>>344399578
God forbid the AA team implements several unique game over scripts for different scenarios instead of reusing the exact same one for the last 2 decades.
>>
>>344403452
I still have to play it, that's why i didn't mentioned him.
And they try to bring down him so hard really felt better than "Present X, OH NO, THAT EVIDENCE! like most
>>
Does Phoenix know Mia and Diego probably did it on his desk?
>>
>>344393373
So is there even a point to having an attorney then?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.