[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: xenoblade-chronicles-x.png (939 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade-chronicles-x.png
939 KB, 1000x500
Is this a good game?
>>
>>344382679
It's trash compared to the first.
>>
>>344382679
Yeah
>>
It has a ton of huge problems, but it's still hard to say that I regret playing it. It's okay. The way it handles its open world is probably what it does best, and it's the only open world game I can tolerate
>>
It's good at providing alot of content for you to rummage through and explore.

Music is hit or miss and main story will leave you wanting for more.

Sidequests and exploration are a big plus though.
>>
>>344382679
Not even big into jrpgs I've only played a few Mario RPGs, Pokemon and Chrono Trigger, but I sat through it till the end. It was pretty good. Even then, there are still a ton of side story quests to do.

I think the music is fucking great
>>
>>344382679
No, it is great game.
minus S@vv@n0's musics.
>>
If you have a Wii U and not this game you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>344382761
And the first was already garbage.
>>344382679
I earnestly don't think so.
>>
If you want to fuck around in the most coherent and interesting open world ever made (eventually with giant mechs) then yes.

If you want anything else at all then no.
>>
>>344383215
>And the first was already garbage.
your opinion is shit.
>>
>you will never be able to just explore Mira without being assaulted by the shit combat
I wish there was just a freeplay mode where you could just explore around the world.
>>
Do you like offline single player MMO's with basically a non existent combat mechanic?

The gameplay which is the most important part of any game is literally. garbage.

The narrative was even fucked by Nintendo and localized for 10 year olds, another part of the game that could've made it an enjoyable experience was tarnished.

>stuck on a harsh evil planet trying to find means to survive
>dialouge is basically nickeledon tier ''hai do u like poatozz?''

Xenoblade Crhonicles X was the biggest piece of shit I played last year. What a let down, what a god dam let down.
>>
Probably the best open world game ive ever played.
Exploration in this game is the greatest thing.
On foot combat is good and all about breaking the system, mech combat is shit but still cool for exploration.
Story is shit, sidequest stories are somehow more fleshed out than the main story
>>
>>344383313
>If you want to fuck around in the most coherent and interesting open world ever made

You're implying the world is sandbox like when it is anything but, it's static as fuck and you can barely interact or ''fuck around'' in it at all. The only thing this open world has done that is impressive is the scope and scale of it., other than that it's a completely one dimensional wasteland with nothing noteable about it other than a few seconds of eye candy when you see it for the first time. There are games that have done open world better.
>>
I had fun until I got to the chapter where you have to fight 2 of those cat people in their mechs. I enjoy filling out the map and exploring around and doing quests but honestly fuck the main quest of the game. And getting a skell completely cheapens the exploration when you get it. I like XC more because it had a better story and characters.
>>
>>344382679
It has a shit story compared to the first game but that's made up by the exploration and sidequests. I think some of the sidequests are Majora's Mask tier. They make you, the player, believe you're actually helping people in NLA and are interesting at times unlike the story ones.
Point is, just don't go in expecting the story missions to be engaging.
>>
>>344382679
Hell no.
>>
>>344382679
One of the greats
>>
>>344382679
Alot of pros, but also many cons. Not your usual kind of JRPG. More sidequest & exploration-based rather than story-driven (unlike the first Xenoblade). Also it has giant robots so that automatically is a big pro. I found it to be very good, my GotY 2015.
>>
>watch flatmate play it
>plot and characters are cringeworthy, quests are utter horseshit
>graphics look like shit, models are terrible, animations are lazy and lifeless
>soundtrack is fucking atrocious
>"All right, Anon, I've finished it. Let's make you a save slot!"
>start up
>realize that you don't do literally anything in the combat but press qte button when simon says

Literally what is the appeal of Xenoblade X? I guess I could jump around and climb the mountains for a few hours if you could somehow remove the terrible enemy encounters but I'm not sure if even that is worth my time.
>>
>>344388382
t. Someone who didn't read the manual.

Read the manual!

Did you even try to fight hard enemies or tyrants?
>>
>>344388382
>>realize that you don't do literally anything in the combat but press qte button when simon says
"I've only watched a trailer, if that"
>>
>>344388893
>>344388601
>that is SO NOT true, the combat is great!
>but you have to figure out why yourself because it's not something you can just name

Then what else is in the combat? I know you probably get to choose which shiny buttons Simon will choose from but ultimately, I don't think you can argue that the gameplay is good.
>>
>>344389350
>what are melee arts, range arts, single target skills, multi-target skills, buffs, debuffs, ether arts, auras, daze and topple skills

This is on top of passive skills that can increase your paramaters like saving on MP, dealing more damage output for carrying particular weapon types, increasing duration of buffs, debuffs or what have you.

It goes even deeper than that with all the armor stats and weapons and whatnot that you wear depending on your class, which gives you unique skills for different playstyles and since MC is special, he/she can mix and match different class skills they've learned to make a very versatile character.

This isn't even counting soul voices which give you different options of heals, buffs and debuffs depending on skills you use or ways you finish off enemies, allies calling for certain colored arts, etc., etc.

tl;dr version: The game has lots of depth, but you have to put in alittle time to get to the point where you learn those skills to take on more challenging opponents outside of the ones right outside NLA.
>>
File: 1452800447049.jpg (425 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1452800447049.jpg
425 KB, 1280x720
>>344388601
>>344388893

Not him. I bought the game and put about sixty hours into it, enough to get a Skell and put some time into that.

The combat is probably the worst part of the game. I liked the world and interacting with characters, the quests you could go on. But having the combat just be a hotkey pressing exercise is disappointing. I was hoping Skell combat would be better but it was more of the same, and arguably more brainless.

This game would have been so much better had they kept the world, story, characters etc. but replaced the MMO combat with decent TPS combat and made the Skells handle more like Armored Cores.
>>
It's a 7/10 game

Combat is decent enough, although Skell combat is much inferior to on foot combat.

Tons of well-done quests

World and world building is good. Especially the relations to the alien races and between them.

Storyline is pretty bad, especially since they crammed almost all plottwists into the last 30 minutes and then left a cliffhanger.

Environment and Skell graphics are okay, characters look like shit.

Music is very hit and miss. Area themes all great, but lots of garbage too. I absolutely hated the Skell flight music, also because it replaced the great area themes.
>>
>>344382679
Yes. Unfortunately, people that care more about story than gameplay and world design will never accept it.
>>
>>344382679
It makes the first one look even better.
Still good though, you may feels slightly overwhelmed at the beginning, you won't get your giant mech until 30-40 hours in, enjoy the ground while you can, because once you go mech you won't want to go back.
>>
>>344382679
better than the first one at least
>>
>>344382679
The game itself is pretty good. The artstyle and the faces haunt me to this day. I wish it looked like a western RPG.
>>
I agree with a lot of the criticisms over the somewhat trite combat, but goddamn exploration is my fetish. This game is packed with good exploration in the form of roaming world bosses and rare material nodes hidden in corners of the world. I also like that certain mission objectives only come out during certain times of the day. I do believe it does a good job of pulling you into an alien world.
>>
>>344382679
>Oh yeah I haven't played this in a while
>start it up
>completely lost
>forget how to play the game
>remember how much I disliked Skell combat

I'm done
>>
File: Lostplanet2post042809.jpg (1 MB, 1024x1658) Image search: [Google]
Lostplanet2post042809.jpg
1 MB, 1024x1658
>there will never be an open world game with the size and style of Xenoblade but which plays like Lost Planet 2

We live in the darkest timeline
>>
File: 328.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
328.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>344382679
Best in open world genre:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umwyql5c3Rk
>>
>>344392428
ONE BY OOOOOONE
>>
>>344382679
one of the best Open worlds and RPG
>>
>>344383037
>minus S@vv@n0's musics.
you fucking scum
>>
>>344392428

Man, this makes me want to go back and finish the game. The world is cool and looks amazing, even the music is decent. I just wish I could skip the combat/grinding.
>>
>>344382679

No, absolutely no. Trash compared to the first. SJW garbage spearheaded everywhere, nevermind that the game is one of the worst JRPGs I've played in years writing-wise. Almost no story. It was so bad it almost killed the Wii U for me. Lack of games did it once I was done with Fast Racing Neo and Splatoon.
>>
File: 1454825713168.jpg (52 KB, 595x720) Image search: [Google]
1454825713168.jpg
52 KB, 595x720
>xenoblade you could at least sorta excuse the combat with meme buzzwords like "comfy" since it was pretty much braindead and boring
>can't have that anymore
>needs qte's every couple of seconds now to make it more "action" oriented
>>
>>344382679
this game made me hate mechs in fantasy less; so, i'd say it did a pretty good job. went in fully expecting to hate it, too.
>>
>No mention whatsoever of mims until after the plot twist reveal
>suddenly mims mims mims mims mims mims mims
>>
>>344394241
the entire fucking story was pretty much this. i am STILL butthurt about lao

it's amazing how sjw games are so often horribly written
>>
File: ZCX Collage first attempt.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ZCX Collage first attempt.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>344383791
A game doesn't have to be a sandbox full of kiddy toys for people to be able to enjoy it's world. You just don't like it because there isn't some copy paste quest to help someone you'll never see again to earn some meager reward, every 20 steps.

The world is 99% eye candy, pic related, biggest issue is I couldn't get screenshots at native res.
>>
>>344394650
those look way better than the actual game did
>720p and 30fps, way more blurry
>>
>>344395483
those looks just like the game if you install the data packs
>>
>>344388382
>I shitpost about games i've only seen 30 minutes max of gameplay on youtube
>and I'm honest about it too!
>>
>>344395483
Well yeah anything will look like shit if you try to emulate it on a computer your grandma bought you 5 years ago.
>>
>>344397318
>implying the wii u can even run XBX at 720p at 30fps without fail
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.