[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there even an argument? Dota 2 is objectively better than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 116x90) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 116x90
Is there even an argument? Dota 2 is objectively better than LoL
>Don't have to pay to unlock heroes
>No rune bullshit
>On steam, not a shitty client
>Not full of kids
>In game voice chat, numerous other features LoL lacks
>No grinding
>Larger comp prize pools
>Mods
>Riot is a seedy company that does some SJW shit
>>
>>344373002
Heroes of the Storm, a game that's pretty much dead, is better than Dota 2 in %90 of the important ways.

>Muh Lanes
>Muh Item Builds

And what's more is half your points are wrong.

>Not full of kids
Utterly wrong.

>Mods
Get the fuck out. No, really. The Warcraft 3 Editor, which DOTA WAS MADE IN, is better than the shit pile Valve put out.

>In-game voice chat
So the Russians can shout at people without having to type?

>Riot is a seedy company
No, they're a greedy company, which caters to a full market because the only game they have is League.

And here's some more points for you;
>Garbage matchmaking
>All the heroes are unlocked but you're still gonna mostly see the same ones
>Even when every character is a ripoff they still take months just to put out one new character
>Literally zero innovation from a game started nearly 14 years ago
>Item drops are nothing but utter garbage and getting a half decent set means you gotta pay
>Most of said sets look awful when combined, majority of the time you just take weapon from one and put it on another
>It supports Valve's hat machine

Fuck off.
>>
>>344373832
nigga calm your salt
>>
File: tumblr_lwn0jn9dF21r79ielo1_500.png (197 KB, 500x466) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lwn0jn9dF21r79ielo1_500.png
197 KB, 500x466
>>344374264
I have played LoL, Dota, and HotS. I have done so each time with friends.

LoL and Dota are both cancerous beyond reason and anyone who says they're better than the other is flinging shit.

HotS is the only good one because it actually innovated on things and removed what makes the other two so bad, and what's more is that Blizzard even puts more effort into it yet still gets shit on because people apparently enjoy 15 minutes of farming followed by a half hour landslide more than actual action.

It infuriates me.
>>
>>344373002
Not sure why being (exclusively) on Steam is a good thing. If anything, no matter how bad LoL's client is, at least it doesn't force you to use a global friends list.

>>344374812
>HotS is the only good one
>HotS
>good
Lmao
>>
>>344375770
>Not sure why being (exclusively) on Steam is a good thing.
In Valve's perspective, they don't want to split microtransaction profit and Dota 2 does invite more and more people to use Steam.
>>
ASSFAGGOTS is a mistake - frost toad
>>
>>344376073
His name is icefrog, have some little respect.
>>
OW > DOTA 2
>>
>>344373832
Back when I played it, it was full of children.

How are mods a bad thing?

I've never met anyone that's actually bitched someone out over the mic. Mostly it's communication and general fuckery

There's this one nigga called pendragon, he used to work on the old dota mod. He also owned the largest forums for the game. When he shut it down he threw up a huge advert for LoL on it. Not to mention there's at least two heroes who have actually been created for LoL that's concepts came straight from that board.
There's also the time a player was fined during a competition for picking a hero outside of the ones he was approved to pick.

>Garbage matchmaking
It's simple and it works. LoL requires you to queue up for a specific role which has lead to the stale meta it currently has.

>All the heroes are unlocked but you're still gonna mostly see the same ones
And you don't see the same in LoL?

>Even when every character is a ripoff they still take months just to put out one new character
It is a recreation of the original dota allstars. Dota's dev team is also made up of like 30 people. They have to be balanced to work with everything else and Rubick needs to be re-coded as well.

>Literally zero innovation from a game started nearly 14 years ago
Aside from creating the moba genre as a whole?

>Item drops are nothing but utter garbage and getting a half decent set means you gotta pay
Meanwhile you still need to pay to get anything in LoL
>Most of said sets look awful when combined, majority of the time you just take weapon from one and put it on another
That usually only applies to the shit ones, there's quite a few sets that look very nice. Mixing different parts can also result in some decent combos.

>It supports Valve's hat machine
It's a better system than pay for literally everything.
>>
>Hey guys! My game is not shit because I can assure this one is shittier, therefore my game is not shit. Do I have your approbation now?
>>
File: Chivalry.png (159 KB, 494x660) Image search: [Google]
Chivalry.png
159 KB, 494x660
Both games are cancer I cant believe I played 4k hours of dota 2. All mobas should be subject to damnatio memoriae.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.