[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game art?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: bi.jpg (807 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
bi.jpg
807 KB, 1920x1200
Is this game art?
>>
File: ken levine.jpg (210 KB, 950x820) Image search: [Google]
ken levine.jpg
210 KB, 950x820
>>344372718
Silent Hill 3 is 'art'.

Bioshock Infinite is a guy walking into a museum and thinking "Psh, I could do this!"
>>
Yes, that is game art :)
>>
>>344372718
The game is pretentious shit that is worshipped by hipster faggots. So yes it qualifies as art.
>>
Yes
its shitty, pretentious art at that
>>
>>344373081
it's not even close to as mainstream as skyrim, most people have already forgotten the game exists. idk why /v/'s had so many threads about it lately, there was hardly much to discuss when it first came out.

it was the illusion of depth, but turned out to be as shallow as a puddle.

>ooooh this time the coin flip result is different ooooh quantum physics
>>
File: LISA.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
LISA.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
This game is art.
>>
>>344373961
>ooooh this time the coin flip result is different ooooh quantum physics
Is Zero Escape art?
>>
>>344374818
yes because it requires you to use your brain. the puzzles are several steps above "wait a minute that card"
>>
>>344373961
If the combat was even remotely passable /v/ would praise it, but it doesn't even do that right. The game is super unfun to play from a mechanical standpoint and the story is dumb after you beat it once.
>>
>>344372718
Yes. All games are art. /v/ only thinks otherwise because it hates video games.
>>
>>344372718
It was basically okay, in my opinion.
I'm not that sure why everyone here seems to hate it as much as they do

My only real gripe with it was ammo/weapon management (two weapon limit/overly expensive and underwhelming upgrades/inability to get weapons at trader pods/ammo issues)
Other than that, the combat was decently fun.

Videogames are art the same way that movies are art.
Is the Avengers art? Is the matrix, or Die Hard, or The Dark Knight art? Are the Micheal Bay Transformers movies art?

Perhaps it's "low" art, rather than "high" art

Perhaps it's just "entertainment"

It all comes down to your definitions, which, of course, vary from person to person, and don't really change anything.

Games are games, and that should be enough. Art is such a nebulously vague concept that I wouldn't bother arguing about it.
>>
>>344372718
No, but the sfm is
>>
>>344372718
yes
>>
File: Elizabeth YFW.gif (1 MB, 244x196) Image search: [Google]
Elizabeth YFW.gif
1 MB, 244x196
>>344372718
>Is this game art?

No this is OP
<-----------------
>>
what's with all the Biohock Infinite threads lately?
>>
>>344372718
there were artist that designed the overall look of the game world and characters, then there were other artists that sculpted 3D models of the world and characters, there were also writers that wrote out the story of the game and the dialog of the characters, there were programmers that made sure the game would work correctly, and there was a director that brought everything together and made sure everything fit together.

Video Games are a collection of different styles of art meshed together to create a new medium of art.
>>
>>344379436
i should really start saving the images people post from the archives of the people on /v/ who literally post the exact same shit in hourly intervals, there are so many of them, most of this board's content is the same handful of dudes reposting the same exact OP + image every hour every day
>>
File: 1463748767673.png (18 KB, 302x271) Image search: [Google]
1463748767673.png
18 KB, 302x271
>>344380036
>>
>>344380036
>there were also writers that wrote out the story

let's not say things we can't take back
>>
Who cares?
>>
>>344372718
>Is this game art?
Yes it is. One of the very first concept art for the game.
>>
>>344372887
Le epinn 4chan pic bro!
Those anon are so smart! Anonymously talking shit about a guy INFINITEly more successful than you? Goodddd bro haha ! Lol !
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.