[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find Me A Game /V
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
Give me a game where I can essentially rule a nation/empire and do whatever I want. Civilization/Total War aren't doing it for me. I wanna commit genocide, start wars, oppress people, be a cult of personality, fulfill every narcissistic fantasy I've ever had about ruling a bunch of peasants
>>
>>344368981
I don't have any suggestion but you just made me realize how little control I really have over my faction in most strategy games. Genocides are underrated
>>
>>344368981
maybe mount and blade, games are kind of shitty man nobody makes a good one.
>>
Exactly. I'm not talking genocides in general, I mean religious persecution, racial extermination. I wanna get fucking ruthless
>>
Stellaris
>>
>>344368981
>>344368981

Stellaris is pretty good so far for that, I play as a race of spiritual warriors that purge materialistic xenos like I purge dat pussy.
>>
Dwarf Fortress
>>
I want to go against alliances and be targeted as the "bad guy", yet have such a large and feared army I march into the lands of my enemies and burn everything to the ground. I want protests followed by massacres, global condemnation. It's a video game, let me have fun here.
>>
>>344368981
Hmm... try the Endless series?

Endless Space and Endless Legend in particular.
>>
>>344370462
Thanks. I'll look into it. Anything else? While we're at it let's keep the thread going and talk about our favorite dickhead moments in strategy games like these and how we could improve them:

>Be Julii in Total War
>Begin attacking fellow Roman factions to untie Rome into an Empire.
>Still commit mass genocide against fellow Romans every time I take a city
>Did it for the gold
>>
>>344370915

Have you looked into the grand strategy genre?
>>
>>344370982
What's that? That's its name?
>>
File: 1455606272043.jpg (5 KB, 254x254) Image search: [Google]
1455606272043.jpg
5 KB, 254x254
>>344371158
what the fuck how dumb are you
>>
>>344371158

google it you ding dong

I don't play the games, but some of my more autistic steam friends like playing games like Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, etc. From what I can tell those games are EXACTLY what you are looking for
>>
>>344371403
I thought he said game lol, my bad bruh
>>
Crusader Kings 2.
>>
feel like games don't feature these things due to controversy OP, imagine a game being featured on fox news showing racial killings and religious crusades
>>
Aurora
>>
victoria 2 with HPM
>>
>>344368981
Smaller scale game and Early Access (red flag, I know) at the moment but Kenshi might interest you. There is no story whatsoever.

Right now there is a limit on factions you can interact with. This is mostly because of the most recent update that added a bunch of races and is in the process of expanding the map.. I think you would enjoy this because of the variety of things you can do.

I once had a mining camp attacked by imperial samurai I had stolen from a few days prior. They had superior training but I had the numbers. It ended with me throwing them in cages and beating the shit out of them to level up my characters. I would keep them alive with medics every time they would get close to death.

I have been playing this early access game for quite some time now and it has come a long way. Its "Kenshi" on Steam. I think there is a free Alpha version on their site too.
>>
>>344371919
Bro that's awesome lmao. I'll look into it
>>
>>344371919
I think I remember when this game was Greenlit. I never really knew what it was about outside of the short trailer when it was still really early in development. I'll have to check it out because your description sounds cool.
>>
>>344371510
Am I retarded for not understanding CK2? Or Stellaris. I just feel so lost when I start these games up, I don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything.
>>
>>344371510
CK2 is kinda not what OP's looking for. I think EU4 is not much different but idk.
You can't commit genocide, you can't even start wars without a valid casus belli and the wars themselves are really meh anyway, it's mostly just numbers.
You can't even slaughter infidels or heathens by declaring holy wars because you'll get ĺike a 5-8 year truce after you annexed a few counties and if you break it everyone is gonna hate you for being dishonorable.
You can oppress your vassals only to some degree by being a dick about taxes, levy amounts and whatnot, but that waxly you're gonna be either broke for they won't like giving you money or they'll start a civil war you might lose depending on the size of your realm, then it's game over.

The closest things you'd have are:
-imprisoning, executing or banishment of your vassals, those will make your vassals hate you if you do them for no reason. There's also "plots" that will fail most of the time and really expensive assassination attempts.
-Playing a religion that allows you to raid, like nordic. You can loot and pillage like crazy if you have the troops. Nobody will fear you tho, the only thing they'll do is try to wipe out your looting army. Most countries you loot won't have a casus belli against you if they're not bordering your country.
>>
>>344370915
>be France in Medieval 2:TW
>best heavy cavalry, fuck yeah, get rekt
>was allied with England against the HRE
>HRE almost wiped out, they only had like 2 more settlements left
>two english fullstack armies besiege my capital city and a castle out of the blue
>make peace with HRE to pull my armies back
>lose the capital but keep the castle
>take back capital, execute any prisoners
>send my armies to Britain, looting and pillaging
>conquer settlements left and right, wiping out the population
>they send a diplomat who even had the nerves of demanding back the settlements I took from them by storm plus a lot of gold
>assassinate diplomat
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.