[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/ just got my first skell, I'm liking the game so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
Hey /v/ just got my first skell, I'm liking the game so far.

Xenoblade thread?

I just draw this picture what you guys think?
>>
How the fuck am I supposed to beat the Thundercat after he gets into his Skell?
Every time I tried to fight him my whole team gets wiped out in seconds, while I somehow survive for another 10 minutes until he goes invincible and summons those other guys.
>>
>>344364568
I dunno, I wish I could be a thundercat
>>
I like your style.

Do you have a gallery somewhere?
>>
>>344364568
Outfit your skells with beam resist, keep one guy out on foot so he can use takedown shot and cripple him. Target the weapons that keep fuckin you up and concentrate fire.
>>
File: 1406383074385.jpg (48 KB, 500x490) Image search: [Google]
1406383074385.jpg
48 KB, 500x490
>take that mission with the Manon joining a cult
>take the mission about the water treatment crew going missing after
>mfw
>>
>>344364568
Jump on your mechs.
Also, when he becomes invincible, you have to kill the other dudes he summons. Doing so will make him vulnerable again.
>>
>>344364919
I don't have enough drawings to show, normally I trash my stuff.

I glad you like it tho.
>>
>>344365263
How many Skells should I have? I only have my base one since it was all I needed up until now. Are heavy types better or just a different playstyle?

>>344365474
I figured that out but the three guys he summons keep slowing and staggering me before I can really do anything.
>>
File: 1323829010577.gif (3 MB, 256x195) Image search: [Google]
1323829010577.gif
3 MB, 256x195
>>344365409
I will never look at Pizza or water treatment plants the same way after X.
>>
>>344365797
Oh Jesus, that's why. You need three skells, and they need to be the level 30 skells.
>>
File: XKtD0rW.jpg (428 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
XKtD0rW.jpg
428 KB, 1280x720
>>344365797
I think I had 3 by then?
Two level 30 Amdusias, plus the free level 20 Urban you get.
For the main story I'd say Heavies are better simply due to their ability to tank, but for postgame content Light/Medium ones are much better since you want to avoid as much as you can.
>>
>>344366004
Holly shit that's one cool looking skell.
>>
File: D3TrjKT.jpg (433 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
D3TrjKT.jpg
433 KB, 1280x720
>>344366204
Lailah Queen is one sexy mech.
Stupidly powerful as well.
>>
File: HNCpSUJ.jpg (230 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
HNCpSUJ.jpg
230 KB, 854x480
>>344366204
Skell customization is my favorite part.
>>
>>344362364
The buildup to getting a Skell, and then your fightl module, was very satisfying. I'm glad they didn't try to appeal to the lowest common denominator and give you one straight after the tutorial or some shit.

Unfortunately they ruin the game in two ways.
>They make the world feel a lot smaller and less interesting (primarily once you get the flight module)
I suppose this was inevitable, but it still sucks once you realize it.

But the real kicker is:
>The combat is a straight up downgrade due to being near-completely devoid of synergy between skills
>lack of secondary/teritary cooldowns,
>and global CD resets being completely random
>all this making skell combat literally "mash everything off cooldown"
>>
>>344366798
Cockpit mode is fucking stupid, too. It never triggers in a way that's attractive, you're always clipping through the enemy and just fed a screen of shit while you cycle your skills again.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.