[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
stellaris
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: download (2).jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
7 KB, 300x168
So since this is my first game in this genre and I don't get much time to play games these days I'm still playing stellaris so I hope someone else out there isn't tired of the game. Honestly I just love space games in general so making a space empire is just fantastic for me, but a lot of people have said that paradox games start out bare bones and over a long time (and dlc) become great. for those more "experienced" with their policies how long are we talking? anyways stellaris thread
>>
also for those that have played it a good bit, I was thinking of raising the core sector planet limit or something like that. I know the sectors are a part of the system but honestly I want to control it all myself. Is there a mod that makes the core planets +1 research continue to pop up eventually?
>>
bump, I missed all the discussion when the game first came out damnit
>>
I'd give it about year or so to get what idea they were selling on release. Well there are mods available on steam and elsewhere to raise core planet count. Check /vg/ for the 4x general and don't interact with the inhabitants.
>>
>>344361374
Even the games devs have said if you dont like it...just mod if out. They really do want the game to do quite well.

Also OP you should really just go to the /vg/ thread for 4x.

>>>147594221
>>
>>344362328
>>>/vg/147594221

Oops
>>
>>344361006
>>344361374
How to stellaris
1. focus on minerals
2. focus colonizing a second new planet
3. rush lances
4. win geam
>>
>>344362328
I guess I can go there but I've been here since 2007 and still make threads that get 404ed after 20 minutes. but I'll look into it a little more.
>>344362063
yeah I've seen that despite the hate I see paradox getting, the devs are constantly in contact with their community which just seems pleasant.
>>
maybe a bump or two more
>>
>>344362774
I just mean for more consistant place to discuss it. Its generally where more niche games tend to go.

But its a great game, just needs some more updates and time.

The next major patches beta should up in about 1-2 months
>>
>>344362774
The two big patches released so far have made the combat, diplomacy, and colonizing are better. Now I just need a use for energy credits and a way to screw with other civilizations without going to war to smash their stuff.
>>
>>344363578
>The next major patches beta should up in about 1-2 months
neat, as I said before I don't have much time to play games these days so I still have some time left with the current content but I can kind of see what people mean about the bare bones midgame.
>>
>>344361006
To put it into context, CK2 came out in 2012 and is still getting content. Unlike other developers Paradox doesnt just do fixes/new content they will also take what is currently in the game and radically changed it. This has led to a lot of people praising their long term development and getting pissed off because there can be changes to the base game/current features that are huge but make the game worse over all.

In terms of Stellaris we have already seen some of this, for example taking new planets is now far harder the further away they are and borders are now always open by default. Personally I think both changes are good but you can see how people who like the older system (freely able to expand and closed borders) would get upset.

In terms of core planets/sector limits. I would not recommend increasing the number of planets you can control, but I would suggest increasing the number of sectors you can control (and remove the influence cost of modifying them). While it sounds more interactive to be able to control as many planets as you want its actually very tedious, once you hit 20 planets you will spend 90% of your time cycling through them doing constructions and it quickly gets out of hand. You get very little time to focus on anything else.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.