[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>NINTENDO'S DOOMED >NINTENDO SHOULD GO THIRD PARTY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: meowth 12.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
meowth 12.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
>NINTENDO'S DOOMED
>NINTENDO SHOULD GO THIRD PARTY
>oh man, now that nintendo's third party, I can play their games on mature consoles.
>>
That basically sums up Sony and Microsoft fans, yeah.
>>
>>344356727
It's like an underage filter, they parents just bought them a PS4 because all their friend got one but they like zelda games so nintendo should go third party so they can play them since they can't afford a nintendo console.
>>
If Nintendo caves so do all of their franchises, no way in hell they'll sell them off regardless of the money offered, they'll pull a Konami and just pachinko it up.

We shouldn't wish for Nintendo to fail for that very reason, they aren't a threat to anybody and we still get some of their classic franchises.
>>
>>344356727
I only want them to go third party so they can stop fucking limiting their software to shit hardware because "weak consoles win generations" mentality they have.

Nobody wanted a WiiU because there was barely any games people wanted for it, Reggie. It was a below-average 2006 system released in 2012.
SAY SOMETHING about it.
>We're not about dem specs tho, son.
>>
File: Image_378.png (513 KB, 396x464) Image search: [Google]
Image_378.png
513 KB, 396x464
>>344356727
>oh man, now that nintendo's third party, I can play their games on mature consoles.
You mean consoles with good intuitives controllers with ideal control schemes as the FUCKING default?

The NX is going to be another machine/generation for gimmicks.
>>
>>344358867
>weak consoles

All three consoles are weak.
>>
>>344358867
Just because the game is on stronger hardware does not mean they will be 100% better

Look at Star Fox Zero, it looks like a fucking Gamecube game
>>
>>344359213
weak relative to...?

The PC? Uh, No shit. The PC is an inrelated market to consoles. It's something for people who put the money and effort into making something more than a "machine for videogames".

In the current generation right now, if theres a game that costs a bunch of processing power, the developers/publish will flock to that system.

People buy systems for games they want to play.

The WiiU was literally a nintendo game system. Third Party support was terrible and most of the games people didnt even want to play.

They were aiming for an audience that had left them for smartphones.

Smash, Splatoon and DKC were my only WiiU justifying games, I found everything else uninteresting. It was a REALLY weak gen for nintendo and being the weak system AGAIN for this gen just gimped any third party support they could've gotten.

(Though I generally just play Third party games on PC so Nintendo games being on another console with other exclusives can only be a plus for me)
>>
>>344359071
>playstation
>intuitive controller
maybe if you're retarded.
>>
>>344360537
>Implying I mentioned anything about Playstation
Stop projecting.
Besides, Both PS4 and One have better controllers than the massive block known as the gamepad forcing its controls and screen into every game it can stealing precious processing power that could be used to make a better game.

I love the Pro controller too but golly, Nintendo sure has supported that thing haven they?
Cant wait to play Splatoon and Starfox Zero with my pro controller!
>>
Nintendo still has talented game developers, we just have to deal with their shitty underpowered systems and garbage management to play them. Them going third party would alleviate the redundant, underpowered console and most of the shitty, managerial decisions. It's not hard to figure out.
>>
I can't wait to play NES roms and ports of last gen games on my PS4 while everything that is not Mario gets relegated to special crossover appearances in whichever is the top-grossing card-collecting f2p game in the nip appstore.
>>
People want to play Nintendo games
People don't want to purchase Nintendo home consoles to play Nintendo games on top of the home console they already have for COD/FIFA/etc

What's so hard to understand about that
>>
>>344360914
>talented
>>
As a Nintendo fan I too am excited to play crap quality mobile games of my favorite franchises for the rest of eternity.
>>
Nintendo would rather dedicate themselves to sell cards again than going third party.
>>
>>344356727
>mature consoles.
you mean smart phones
>>
>>344361249
Because if they wanted the FIFA audience they would have gone third party since 6th gen.

Why are you acting as if nintendo consoles doing their own thing was something new.
>>
>>344360914
>>344361249
If Nintendo goes third party, Nintendo will go to mobile. You're not going to see Mario or Zelda on a Playstation, and unless Nintendo of America has a say in things, you're not going to see anything Nintendo on Steam either.
>>
>>344361723
Nintendo doing their own thing isn't new, but selling a record low for their home consoles sure is
>>
>>344361883
Iwata was the one who said if Nintendo goes under their IP's go with them. Iwata is no longer in any position to have a say in that.
>>
>>344362090
>Selling a record low for their home console sure is

Didn't they do that with the Gamecube back then? Also every console since the NES has been selling less and less.

The Wii U isn't a different story for Nintendo
>>
>>344362571
Like I said.

Smartphones.

Making games for smartphones isn't "going under".
>>
>>344361402
>they're still making video games for the Wii U and 3DS as we type and shit talk each other.
>>
>>344362090
Well i guess we have to wait and see if the NX has competent marketing and gets enough hype to put them back on the map again since they know how hard they fucked up with the Wii U.

At least the 3DS sold well enough to keep them afloat this gen.
>>
>>344356727
It's more about getting the untapped console market that normally doesn't give a shit about Nintendo games.
>>
>>344363538
Clearly given how strongly Pokemon Go has gotten started a lot of people still like Nintendo, they just can't be arsed enough to buy a dedicated Nintendo machine to play their games.
>>
>>344356727
>NINTENDO'S DOOMED
Only idiots believe this, Nintendo is still in business because they made a fanbase that will literally buy anything. Look at Ambios
It would be better for consomers if they did, but I get why they don't. Nintendo games are fun, they hire great game designers. Their recent consoles however are all expensive gutter thrash.
>oh man, now that Nintendo's third party, I can play their games on mature consoles.
Not mature but they are all better machines that give more value to consumers with third party support.
>>
File: 1245637235.png (225 KB, 344x407) Image search: [Google]
1245637235.png
225 KB, 344x407
Nintendo going 3rd party is unrealistic as fuck and anyone who thinks that will ever happen is uneducated.
Although, playing Nintendo games with current gen console hardware and NORMAL FUCKING CONTROLLERS would be nice.
>>
Nintendo only knows how to make games they already made a decade ago. I don't see why anyone could be excited for their new games.
>>
I don't get why people make such a fuss about nintendo games on other platforms when literally anyone with a decent computer can emulate all of their consoles except Wii U and 3DS easily (N64 emulation is shit but it still exist).

Not even Sega got that lucky.

Maybe nintendo in the future could try releasing their own online platform for multiple media devices to get those normie and PC bucks.
>>
>>344362662
Happened with N64 and Gamecube.

The Wii was the exception.
>>
>>344364439
>Implying they wouldn't make custom controllers for third party
The days of NES controller fuckery would return.

Floor pads, power gloves, zappers, U Forces, Nintendo VR will all make a return.

That's probably what NX is going to be doing really
>>
File: 91848-Mario_Bros-1.jpg (53 KB, 600x851) Image search: [Google]
91848-Mario_Bros-1.jpg
53 KB, 600x851
Honestly, would it be so bad if they went they went third party?
>>
>NINTENDO'S DOOMED
Unless they fully embrace mobile or go 3rd party, yes.
It'd be better than mobile
Nintendo consoles have annoying gimmicks that sacrifice power
>lol muh graphics
I just don't want jaggies, photorealism is boring more power can make a game look cleaner and more immersive.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.