[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How likely is it that Pokemon GO will be playable on older Android
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: crying-pepe.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
crying-pepe.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
I am despairing. Daily I see tons of Pokemon GO pictures on social media and I have the feeling that I won't be able to play it anymore. I've spent countless hours researching how to make it work on my phone and in the end I found out that It won't. I am devastated.
I don't think anyone will be able to help me run it on my phone, but I'll tell you what I already tried to do, just if I missed out on something.
So first off I got a Samsung Galaxy S III mini. It runs android 4.2.2 and it can't update further than that. I tried downloading the APK anyways and have security set up for outside sources. I just get a parsing error everytime. I have enough space left for the game. After that I have accepted that it won't work with my current android version so I wanted to get CyanogenMod to setup an newer version of android. The problem is, that CyanogenMod doesn't support my phone model. It works with an older s3 mini but mine is an GT-I8200N and there is no custom rom for that one, even after 2 years.
I'm pretty hopeless but maybe there is someone out there that knows what to do. (Except buying a new phone)
Help.
>>
File: 1467933657449.jpg (1 MB, 1489x2048) Image search: [Google]
1467933657449.jpg
1 MB, 1489x2048
>Buy 150 Chinese phone
>Flash CyanogenMod on it
>Be supported till at least Android O or P

Idk why you are complaining
>>
>>344355117
CyanogenMod does not support my phone model. Am I supposed to sell this phone to get an even crappier one?
>>
>>344355460
Dude you have an SIII fucking mini. Literally any phone you upgrade to will be an improvement.
>>
>>344355603
I don't have any money. CyanogenMod supports the older fucking version of the S3 mini but not mine. Why
>>
>>344355728
You could try using that version anyway, hardware's probably the same anyway. Report back what happens.
>>
>>344357353
I've read that people have bricked their phone by doing that. I'm a poorfag and I'm definetly not gonna risk that shit
>>
I have an S5 mini and it won't work anyway
>>
>>344357560
Then stop bitching about not being able to play a fucking kids game if you aren't going do a simple work around.
>>
>>344358154
What the fuck? People literally wrote online that it does not work if you try using the other version. Simultaneously while not working it will fucking brick your phone, so why should I do that shit
>>
>>344358567
Because the thrill and risk is more exciting than the actual game
>>
File: Hurk.jpg (267 KB, 1125x2000) Image search: [Google]
Hurk.jpg
267 KB, 1125x2000
>>344354782
If your phone doesn't have a gyroscope sensor you can most likely forget about it.
>>
How many more threads of this shit are we going to have?

Fuck off to your containment board you fucking losers.

>>>/vp/
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.