[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>matches are played by scoring points as the chasers and filling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
>matches are played by scoring points as the chasers and filling the snitch meter at the top
>when snitch meter is full the snitch appears and you switch to the seeker
>fill the meter more with fancy combo moves and lots of passes with each shot
>just going right to the goal and scoring fills the meter the least per score
>spend entire game doing nothing but boring shots to keep the snitch away until I reach 160 points over opponent team
>no way to lose when snitch appears
Who signed off on this? Also terrible books thread
>>
>>344348963
>terrible books
Elaborate.
I kinda like this game.
>>
>>344351434
>what is bait to encourage people to bump threads to defend writing they liked when they were children
The games not terrible, but it's really easy, and I'd prefer a game where I get to play as a single player as part of the team, not the whole team itself.
>>
>>344348963
Quidditch is literally retarded anyway.

>Snitch is worth more points than the time you spend scoring unless you have 160 points like OP said
>>
>>344352465
>I would watch a sport where fourteen people hover around all looking for a tiny golfball sized golden ball
15 score leads aren't all that uncommon, anyway.
>>
Picking on Harry Potter is a bit of a low-hanging fruit, the series was a kid's book that was forced to change itself to cater to older audiences due to popularity.

It doesn't hold up as proper fantasy at all, but it was never supposed to.
>>
>>344354059
I reckon the books set higher bars of maturity as the series progressed to maintain appeal with its initial reader base.
>>
>>344348963
It's better to catch the snitch and lose by a smaller margin than let the other chaser have a shot at making you lose by more. The tournament is by point differentials or some shit.
>>
I love the harry potter universe.

Anyways, who's excited for the new movie?
>>
>>344354427

Yeah but the problem is it started out as something different so Rowling had to basically force it into fitting an older mindset without retconning all the whimsical kid stuff. The result is this messy nonsensical setting.
>>
>>344354565
Is that the one where Hermione is played by the black woman?
>>
>>344355845
no
>>
>>344356338
oh okay
>>
Was i the only person to play this shit on my gba? I put hours into this game.
>>
>harry gets top of the line racing broom named Nimbus Two Thousand
>rival gets Nimbus Two Thousand And One
What did she mean by this?
>>
I like the theory someone gave about how Quidditch was invented in a time when there weren't incredibly fast brooms like the Firebolt. This assured that games would go on for long enough where a seeker might not even want to -get- the snitch for their team. Either that or points are more important in league play.
>>
>>344358305
/m/ though /v/ isn't all that bad.
>>
>>344358354
I thought the game went on until someone got the golden snitch
>>
>>344354059

I found as I got older that wizards are very boring because the coolest spells are known by the top 5-10%. While most joes just use shit that has an equivalent in modern science. '

Just wizard world is neat with the creatures and such.
>>
File: Choose your house.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1200) Image search: [Google]
Choose your house.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1200
>>344358608
Fuck I picked the wrong thing

PICK
>>
>>344358354
It's both actually. There's some lore about a 3 months long game where they had to sub out so players could get sleep, and in the third book Harry is told specifically NOT to catch until they had at least a 30 point lead, because the points that season were such that they would still come out behind if he caught it too early.
>>
>>344359437
Everyone that isn't Hufflepuff, even cat-emma watson.
>>
>>344360440
>cat-emma watson
?
>>
>>344352465
Isn't it implied that professional quidditch is a much higher scoring game than school quidditch?
>>
>>344361517
>not knowing your harry potter lore
redhead was best emma anyway
>>
>>344359437
Ravenclaw > Gryffindor > Hufflepuff > Slytherin
>>
File: Cat watson.jpg (7 KB, 249x124) Image search: [Google]
Cat watson.jpg
7 KB, 249x124
>>344361517
Anon..
>>
>>344362128
>ravencuck
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.