[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WARCRAFT GO!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Tomorrow Blizzard annouces they are leaving their flagship World of Warcraft and creating an alternate universe called Warcraft Go, similar to Pokemon Go.

How do you react?
>>
for real?
>>
>>344346848
>How do you react?
I don't.
>>
>>344346848
How the fuck would that even work, catch battle pets?
>>
>>344349096
>point phone
>boars appear to be walking in the field in front of you
>cast frost bolt

Itll be epic
>>
Start nolifing it unless I'm too busy killing myself due to lack of WoW in the world

Altho it would require me to leave the house, really need some serious re-valuating on the worthness
>>
>>344349472
For what purpose?

You haven't thought this one through.
>>
>>344349797
Purpose?

The world is your Warcraft.

Thats the slogan.
>>
I don't care, except that it shows Blizzard isn't completely stuck up on keeping the gutted lore of neo-WoW so it's something positive in regards to WC4 and such like.
>>
>soon all games will have a virtual reality component that turns real life surroundings into aspects of the game
>>
>>344350197

What of we can't distinguish between the game and real life? What if we are a part of some VR game right now?
>>
>go outside to get the mail
>phone tells me a naked orc is dancing on my mailbox
>>
>>344351097
Many philosophers have argued that's almost a certainty: Any sufficiently advanced civilization is likely create a world simulator and have very many instances of them running (just like millions of humans today play games like Sims), and most likely would want to simulate a world like theirs (ie. the kind of world where world simulation is possible, resulting in simulators inside a sim) so, if it's possible to create world simulators in any kind of universe, that universe would spawn countless simulated universes, completely outnumbering the "real" ones.

In addition, while this doesn't constitute as proof of living in a simulation, the world appears to exhibit traits that would be necessary for a simulation to work (like quantization - physical properties can only take certain discrete values, or nonlocality - quantum phenomenon don't care about distance, similar to pixels on a monitor that appear far away from each other in fact being just values in the memory that can be accessed with equal ease). Experiments have been proposed to observe a number of other properties you'd expect to find in a simulated universe.
>>
>>344349472
>>344351439
Well, I mean, I'd download this if it were free.
>>
>>344349096
You catch Warcraft NPCs
Look a wild Uther!
>>
>>344357245
>Sylvanas and Jaina go Wild.

Immediate buy.
>>
>>344352718
I wonder if we'd undergo societal upheaval if we were found to be simulations
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.