[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Assassin's creed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 90
File: 1467455365877 .jpg (31 KB, 622x434) Image search: [Google]
1467455365877 .jpg
31 KB, 622x434
Does anyone remember when the series came to an end?
>>
File: 1459110985400.jpg (439 KB, 1527x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459110985400.jpg
439 KB, 1527x1080
>>344341564
>>
Just taking a little rest. Looking forward to the movie on December!
>>
the first game
>>
>>344341564
I feel like at one point the game was going to be a trilogy. as in three games, and tell a story. I can't tell if that was the fever dream, or if this is, and I can't wake up.
>>
This year(ish) break for the main series games is the best thing to happen to Assassin's Creed in years.

AC:B = IV > II = Sydicate > Rogue > Rev = 1 > III > Unity
>>
>>344341564
I stopped bothering after 3 though I should have stopped before I wasted money on that.
>>
>>344342638
/thread
>>
>>344342998
Can't say Syndicate was any good. It really felt like chore to play through it. After all the fixes Unity seemed to be even better than Syndicate.
>>
>>344342998
Can't say that till we actually see the next game. I don't trust Ubisoft.
>>
>>344343219
Unity's combat and graphics were absolute top tier. >dat draw distance

But I honestly really enjoyed the Jacob/Evie dynamic in Syndicate, even though I admit it did sometimes seem like they were doing stupid shit for contrived story reasons. I also really liked how fucking brutal Evie was, as simple as the combat was.
>>
For some reason I couldn't get into AC after 2. I got 2 on release and loved it to death. Then brotherhood came out and I was completely uninterested. I tried playing it but it nothing for me. Then I tried AC3 and wasn't feeling that at all either. But I picked up Black Flag and hopefully that'll be fun. Honestly picked it up because I heard it has pirate ship combat.
>>
>>344343390
The twins was my other grip with it. Eve seemed to be the main focus. She got all of it. The abilities, missions and personality, Jacob just felt like an afterthought.
>>
COD shoulda done this.

The "break" being with COD MW remastered.
>>
After playing through it again, 3 wasn't as bad as I remember, Connor is still unlikable as fuck, but he has the best assassin outfit in the entire series.

Plus I found it to be a pretty comfy game just exploring the frontier, jumping through trees and hunting animals, very chill.

I havent played unity or syndicate though, I was going to buy them in the sale until I read that theres no options for non-lethal, I liked to be clean and only kill my targets.
>>
yes, when they started making it a yearly deal
>>
>>344344459
If you can get a enemy from behind you can knockout enemies without killing them.
>>
>>344344459
nah it was pretty fucking bad, climbing was shit, controls were dumbed down, autoshoving as if the game wasn't already easy as fuck, and the missions were all abortions
>>
File: assassins creed.jpg (481 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
assassins creed.jpg
481 KB, 1600x1200
>>344341564
After ACIII
AC was good, not revolutionary but the first of its kind in the mainstream to gain popularity.
ACII good, Ezio was a really colorful guy, with a neat backstory, coherent and understandable.
ACB good as well again Ezio, charismatic and likable, interesting characters.
>ACR, Ezio again charming our pants off, the people who write his lines are incredibly intelligent. He goes through a noticeable emotional progression progression.
ACIII, This was the end of the series, Connor had a cool story, decent Character, Native Americans are rarely used, its almost as if people forgot about them. Anyways good game, climbing, fighting, etc, was changed and became more visually pleasing at the expense of player control, players can no longer fine tune their climbing whereas in all the other ones you could string together different climbs and jumps and directions, however ACIII seems like you chose a path and travel on a predetermined course.
ACIV, not even an AC game, was more like Native warrior cult mixed in with a game about pirates.
Very good game, just not really an AC game, which is not a bad thing.
AC Rogue, meh, Blackflag 2.5 in the North.
AC Unity, the synthesis between AC and ACIII
AC Syndicate, yoo 'avin a giggle ther mate?
>>
Friendly reminder Rogue is the only good AC since you get to play as the good guys.
>>
>>344344459
I loved AC3, Idk why everyone shits on it. The frontier was fun as fuck and I actually really enjoyed playing as Connor. But nothing comes close to AC2. Ezio was so charismatic, and the story was fucking awesome.

>It is a good life we lead, brother.
>The best. May it never change.
>And may it never change us.
>>
>>344345692
May the father of understanding guide us, brother!
>>
>>344345697
I'll be happy to elaborate
>conor is a boring, unlikable cunt who does what anyone tells him and gets easily manipulated
>fixation on MUH CHARLES LEE despite knowing his father and Lee were not hunting the natives down, while the reality pointed to a more gray area that Connor completely fails to realize like a retard
>cities are boring, very fart apart and climbing is hardly important, you just run at street level and that's the fastest way to travel
>too much "oh here's this historical figure" and not enough personal story with Connor
>assassination missions are linear, don't offer options
>assassination side missions are awful, it's literally kill a random guard in town, in ACII they had a target surrounded by perimeters which made it more interesting
>hunting is boring
>combat is still shitty as always
>climbing feels more automated than before, the "grid system of 1/2" is gone
>climbing in 2 had you picking routes and having to climb around stuff to get to the top, in 3 it's always a straight path to the top which makes it boring
>added QTEs in fights against predators which sucks
>not enough enemy variety, it's normal guards and bigger guards, agiles dagger wielders who used to chase you are gone
>no random targets to chase in the world, and no one really climbs the rooftops, so no rooftop chases
As someone who enjoyed 2 a great deal and played it multiple times, 3 was an aberration
>>
Yeah, after AC2.
I've been waiting for AC3 for many years now but it still hasn't come out, such a shame.
>>
>>344345697
>Idk why everyone shits on it.
Connor as a character is unlikable in the main story and is just barely passable in the Homestead missions. He's a monotone idiot who blindly follows whatever anyone tells him and acts like a complete asshole to anyone who actually shows thanks or did anything for him.
The switch from an amazing guy like Haytham to Connor is horrendous since you have Haytham still being awesome during the teamup but you're still stuck with Connor.
Connor still hates Haytham and Charles Lee despite EVERYTHING BAD THAT EVER HAPPENED being Washington's fault and decides to still stay with Washington because Haytham decided to keep the info from him up until that reveal. It's only explained properly in the Forsaken book on what in the world was going through Connor's and Haytham's heads during most of the game and you're mainly left guessing.
The entire ending sequence after you kill Haytham was idiotic. So you're telling me Connor gets impaled with a huge open wound, manages to stab Charles Lee, bleeds for hours without dying, managed to catch up to Charles Lee via a boat trip(which he himself rowed) who was also bleeding out, met him at a bar, and then stabbed him while everyone else was watching? and he got out of there without any questions? Without bleeding out?
No reason to shoot any animal bigger than a rabbit since you can just QTE it to death.
You actually have to run a caravan that can get attacked and you can go save it just to make money instead of earning it automatically, but the problem is that it takes 8-10 realtime hours to actually finish the delivery at which point you'll be done with the game before you can really buy anything at all.
It reaches Unity levels of glitchiness. The only thing that beats it is Liberation where you sink into floors, merge into walls, and get shot by corpses.

The Frontier, the ship missions(Which are better by a mile compared to BF4's ship fights), and the Homestead are the best parts of 3.
>>
>>344342998
IV and Syndicate suck.
>>
>>344343691
That's funny, considering the MC was originally a male.

Evie is a Mary Sue cunt.
>>
>>344345697
My only issues with III are the shitty heavy weapons and the Aquila outfit being DLC.
>>
>>344346560
The last time I played it was a while back, so it could of just been because I basically loved all video games at the time. I thought Connors naivety, stubbornness and tunnel vision made him a pretty well realized character though. He felt more human than all the classic heroes of video games. His story felt like a coming of age story wherein the character realizes that no matter what actions you take, humans will always do what is in their immediate best interests, which fit in very will as a Native Americans perspective. Not going to argue that it was better than any Ezio games, but I definitely enjoyed it more than most others. To each their own I guess.
>>
>>344348537
>and the Aquila outfit being DLC.
I was so mad. It was a pre-order one too apparently, I'm not sure if you can get it from the newer DLC or not. The Captain Kidd outfit is horrendous in comparison.
>>
>>344349054
You can. It's in the Hidden Secrets DLC, along with the Colonial Assassin outfit.
>>
>>344348941
>more human
but he's extremely fucking naive and even when people show the truth in his face, like Haytham did, he goes uhhhh dont follow me i hate you because reasons
Also the whole betrayal of his childhood friend was retarded, are you going to tell me he never talked to his childhood friend about who's attacking his fellow natives? His friend never talked about the british being his allies or so? it just felt contrived to get a forced muh feels reaction.

He's barely the protagonist of the game, it is more about the revolution than Conor, and maybe that's good because he's a boring turd, but the missions and the whole thing isn't that exciting. The setting is just not good, plus the buildings are so far apart, climbing barely matters in towns thanks to the very short buildings, and the tree paths in the wild are extremely linear which makes it boring.

AC3 was one of the most disappointing games to me in recent times.
>>
>>344347731
Yeah homestead was sick. The OST was also great. I loved the games music and setting synergy.
>>
Does the cross-dresser in Syndicate ever reveal herself as a woman?
Or is she actually transgender and it just never comes up?
>>
>>344349559
I think AC III was originally meant to have a direct sequel, but it was cancelled due to the negative reaction. A damn shame. I would've liked to have seen a more level-headed Connor.
>>
>>344345581
>AC3
>Good game
Lol 70% of it felt like a tutorial and most of the missions were scripted out the fucking ass.
>>
>>344349736
She definitely doesn't before you finish her quests. I never did so because I got sick of seeing her stupid avatar on the results screen.

She's obviously a woman, though, and acts very dramatic and "in your face".
>>
>>344342998
oh my god. I fucking adore black flag.

but it is not an AC game. It is a pirate game first and foremost, maybe that's why i love it so much.

I could deal with the generic combat but goddamn i just adore sailing around hearing my crew sing and killing whales and sharks and shit.

I want more pirate games like that.
>>
>>344350202
>muh pirates
The only argument for IV being good.

I don't know how anyone could get past the janky movement, buggy enemy detection, and frustrating deck combat.
>>
>>344349937
It's a shame the main missions were so poorly designed, because I had a lot of fun dicking around the frontier and hanging Brits from trees. The entire game should have been based around gorilla warfare alongside the colonial militia.
>>
ACII > AC > AC:R > AC:B > Rogue > Unity > Black Flag > ACIII
>>
File: a deal is a dough, nigga.jpg (10 KB, 475x310) Image search: [Google]
a deal is a dough, nigga.jpg
10 KB, 475x310
>>344341564
>Does anyone remember when the series came to an end?
>starting a itt: /v/ in 2077 thread this subtly
pretty nice, just like my flying car
>>
>>344350202
Rogue was basically just a mission pack sequel to Black Flag, but I had a LOT more fun with it than I did with Unity. Never even bothered to try syndicate
>>
>>344350202

I wish there were less fucking tailing missions though.
>>
>>344350646
>Black Flag better than III
Surely you jest.

>not listing Syndicate at all
Good job.
>>
Real talk, AC1 is the worst in the series and people who rate it highly are nostalgia fags.
>>
>>344350646
>Black Flag that low

wut
>>
>>344350725
You aren't missing much. The little enjoyment I got out of it was from solving The Dreadful Crimes in The Huntsman outfit.
>>
>>344350941
Black Fag sucks
>>
>>344350853
Real talk, you're a faggot. I liked the game when I played a lot and still love it. Nothing nostalgic about it.
>>
>>344342638
BOATS
>>
>>344350853
>AC1 the worst
>not Syndicate
Kill yourself, my man.
>>
I can't believe /v/ is having a serious discussion about AC.

AC is no better than CoD. Kill yourself for playing this shit.
>>
>>344350804
I couldn't be arsed to pirate Syndicate after I heard it had a grappling hook and GTA style carriage jacking. Climbing is the fucking slowest form of travel in the game, from what I've heard. It's just the confirmation that the people developing AC games are a little above lobotomized chimps now.

Also III shares many problems with IV, but at least the latter has a tolerable main character, the story is better, and the expanded naval combat beats what III offered, despite not being as amazing as many people claim.

>>344350941
awful on foot missions
repetitive boat combat (board 2-3 ships and you've seen it all)
tailing missions nonstop, even a fucking ship tailing mission
still suffers the problem of 3 that theres fuck all to climb, towns with shitty boring huts
>>
>>344351449
Fuck off back to your Undermeme and Suicidewatch threads.
>>
II = Brotherhood > Revelations = Rogue > Liberation > 1 > III > Unity = Black Flag > dogshit > Syndicate

AC Chronicles: China was good, too. I need to play Russia.
>>
The series ended after 2.

1 and 2 felt like a cohesive story building up to something truly epic. Then they shit all over everything. The story. The Assassin's. Desmond.

Fuck. It could have been something so special.
>>
>>344353032
Fuck off, contrarian hipster.
>>
File: 2015-02-04-201208.jpg (83 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2015-02-04-201208.jpg
83 KB, 960x544
>>344352727
>Liberation that high
You barely do anything, using anything but Assassin is worthless, it's Unity tier of buggy, you care even less for the characters than you did in Rogue, the Connor teamup is extremely short, the money making system is the worst in the series, and the only good area in the entire game is the starting area since it's the biggest.
>>
>>344353295
"Contrarian" because I felt they ruined the story by dropping what they had been building up to in the first two games? Okay faggot.
>>
>>344350202
Ironically the worst parts of Black Flag are the Assasssin's Creed bits.

Pirate games can be so fucking cool. Incredible how Ubisoft hasn't realized that lots of people loved 4 because of its theme, not because of the assassins creed elements.
>>
>>344353481
>not liking Mexico and the Aztec pyramids
I never experienced any bugs on the ps3 version, and the whole game is short.
>>
File: Desilets.jpg (104 KB, 1168x727) Image search: [Google]
Desilets.jpg
104 KB, 1168x727
>>344353032
You're right, Patrice Desilets was the soul of AssCreed. After he left they lost focus, it's pretty clear to me.

Good thing he's making his own game with his newly formed studio.
>>
File: AC3.png (960 KB, 985x1331) Image search: [Google]
AC3.png
960 KB, 985x1331
>>344341564
3. For as short as Brotherhood and Revelations were they at least had decent pacing that didn't have you doing training missions into the sixth sequence and a setting that wasn't empty and flat. Ezio was also ten times better than Connor, and Revelations had some well done throwbacks to Altair.

3 is the game that fucking broke me. I haven't pre-ordered since.
>>
III was such a disappointment I gave up on the series
>>
>>344341564
I lost interest the moment they abandoned the modern day genetic memories narrative for the retarded "You're an Animus recruit who can access memories that don't belong to anyone connected to you because fuck continuity and coherence!"

And yes I'm well aware there's a huge camp of people who didn't care about the modern day aspect of Assassin's Creed, but it's literally the only thing that kept me playing them. Once that was gone there was nothing of interest left after III.
>>
>>344350646
Yes
AC:R had the best city but AC was better to roleplay
>>
>>344353928
I see this all the time and I still don't understand it. What was so disappointing about III? Why do so many people despise it?
>>
File: 2015-02-04-201123.jpg (84 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2015-02-04-201123.jpg
84 KB, 960x544
>>344353782
The pyramid area was criminally short and it's the only time you ever bother touching the whip. They also had decent missions there but mess it up by making the area so small in general.

I played on the Vita after all the bug fixes and I had four corpses over the course of the game shoot me while being invincible due to being dead, I had several corpses that were stealth killed auto-alert every guard, I fell through the ground at least three times, I got under the map in general while swimming on accident four times, I had the entire area lose all shading when I left the main hideout at times, and notoriety would sometimes never drop despite it not being a story-forced thing.
>>
File: 1406335475006.jpg (15 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
1406335475006.jpg
15 KB, 316x202
>>344354145
Imagine playing four games in a series, and on the fifth one the devs fill it full of the most annoying mission structures known to man, (CHASE CHARLES LEE x24) have the main character be a whiny cunt, move the story forward years at a time to shoehorn said character into every noteworthy event before, during, and after the American Revolution, then have most of the gameplay be dumbed down to to new players. 3 is an abortion.
>>
>>344354301
Man this game had so much awesome potential with the slave/socialite alter ego mechanic and it just completely squandered it and did nothing.
>>
>>344354145
reasons were listed already on the thread

why do you think it was good?
>>
>>344354145
not him but I dropped it because it didn't fit my play style

They added so many fucking guards in every city i went to that every time I tried to explore I was forced in to slaughtering 50 guards in a back alley, then running around trying to get my "wanted level" down
Not to mention the seemingly endless tutorials
>>
>>344354586
I never said I thought it was good, because I don't think it was good. But you see, I don't think any of the Assassin's Creed games are good, which is why I've always been confused as to why people who actually like the series hate III. I see nothing any worse in III than in all the others, unless you count all the glitches it had at launch.
>>
>>344354301
>owning a vita
>>
>>344354625
>They added so many fucking guards in every city i went to that every time I tried to explore I was forced in to slaughtering 50 guards in a back alley,
Rogue was the absolute worst for this. Going into a town to explore took ages even if the distance between items you were looking for was nothing thanks to the Assassins being every block. You'd always be forced into some sort of guard encounter since they always passed by when you killed someone, and doing the QTE for self defense meant an instant triggering of any guars standing around. It was awful.
>>
File: ACII courier chase.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ACII courier chase.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>344354767
II was pretty good, tons of rooftops to climb, amazing ambient music (that they stopped having for all games), italian renaissance architecture is not only great to climb but pretty sweet, great assassinations, chasing couriers in the rooftops and so much more

they're not in the same ballpark at all
>>
>>344354767
>I see nothing any worse in III than in all the others, unless you count all the glitches it had at launch.

Almost every aspect of 3 is worse than it would be in 2, Brotherhood, or Revelations. I'm not even exaggerating, it was a colossal step back in every area a game could possibly be critiqued. If you didn't play much of the series before 3, congratulations, you were exactly Ubi's target audience with that train wreck.
>>
>>344355050
Please. That's nothing compared to III's notoriety system and guards.
>>
>>344347731
When the game made me switch from Haytham to Connor, I started to think that the Templar had a point.

What I loved about AC:B was that you had the rooftops to run on. You could go a long way without touching the ground. ACIII didn't have that
>but the treetops
were pretty much just set paths from A to B.

Also, loading areas. ACII had that, and I wasn't a fan. AC:B and AC:R got rid of it (you could run from one area to the next, and it was all good) and it was fun. ACIII felt like you chose between wilderness and city.
>>
>>344355054
Ambient music was in Brotherhood for sure. Pretty sure it was in Revelations too.
>>
>>344354767
Nigga read the thread, you've gotten plenty of answers already.
>>344354562
>>344354625
>>344353865
>>344354058
>>344346560
>>
>>344355153
III is only bad on Notoriety if you get a level 3 one since those headhunters never ever stop spawning, will spawn walking towards you, make it impossible to actually get into a printing press or a wanted posted to actually lower your notoriety, and it's better to just die to them than it is to try and rid yourself of it.
>>
>>344341564
Brotherhood was the last decent game in the series.

1 was great
2 was fantastic
3 was pretty damn good
Everything else is garbage
>>
>>344355270
They removed it from III and onwards.

I also think II had much better music than the rest of the Ezio trilogy. I think Jesper Kyd had less of a role in those games and then he was dropped.

To be fair some songs of III were good, one of the songs of the future ruins hideout thing were good, but that's it.
>>
File: Only the mission matters..png (324 KB, 535x724) Image search: [Google]
Only the mission matters..png
324 KB, 535x724
Oh man, Berg is going to single-handedly fuck up the Assassin Order.

Galina got lucky because he had no Sigma Team backup but just wait and see.

"All targets are righteous!.
>>
>>344354145
>What was so disappointing about III?

a 5 sequence tutorial for the fifth game in the series

where is charles lee where is charles lee where is charles lee where is charles lee where is charles lee where is charles lee

hilariously bad dlc that turns invalidates core gameplay; learn to be animus animal and press bear to kill everyone on the screen at once, press eagle to fly across buildings, press wolf to stealth everything without trying

utterly terrible ending
>>
>>344353928

No comrade, you must play Rogue.

It is the salvation that redeems the series.

The Templar is the hand that creates and guides civilization.
>>
Feudal japan AC game fucking when
The series started 10 years ago
>>
>>344341564

https://youtu.be/ftNvDDkjBcY?t=26
>>
>>344342638

Kenway didn't give a FUCK about the Assassins until the last 20% of the game.

Best thing he did was be the father of Haytham.

Connor was never a true Assassin; he simply got half-ass training from a old crippled nigger Assassin and then put on the robes to get his revenge.

Which still did nothing to save his village and people.
>>
File: ac1_nakedbox_Tablet_164647.jpg (132 KB, 560x698) Image search: [Google]
ac1_nakedbox_Tablet_164647.jpg
132 KB, 560x698
>>344341564
This is on sale for Xbone (BC) for $10, should I buy it?
I've played every other entry in the series but AC1.
>>
File: 1462324210484.png (167 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1462324210484.png
167 KB, 500x384
>>344341564
Happened with 2.

1 set up a potentially great series with unique stealth mechanics, but then 2 came out, which essentially took the concept of the first one and made it more linear and fucking easy as piss. The story and writing was stupidly cringey, and Desmond became aids inducing.

Now they quite literally re-release the exact same game over and over again. The only thing I like about these games is the multiplayer, which seems to be the only part which is actually using the mechanics and core elements which made AC a potentially good series.

It's just parkour and boats now.
>>
>>344341564

Everything after Ezio is shit. Heck even Desmond parts on Ezio games where kind of shit.

I just hope they make more sense on the movie. I'm kind of (naively) hopping they nail the good bits and make something that makes sense of the Desmond parts.

Maybe that's too optimistic but since the series's been drifting for a while now i think it could actually happen.
>>
>>
>>344342638

Man Altair was such a prick.

He took the Assassin Creed literally at the start of the game.

"Nothing is certain; everything is permitted."

*Kills old man, compromises the mission, causes the death of a brother because of his pride*
>>
>>344355375
I've run around New York and Boston and been attacked by guards when incognito.
>>
Does anyone have the link to that article on some obscure game reviewing site, it was written by some woman talking about what made Assassin's Creed 1 so great, it was really well done, wish I had saved it.
>>
>>344356047
I agree. Rogue improved upon everything in IV.

>inb4 "muh pirates"
Get fucked.
>>
File: FH_screenshot2[1].jpg (287 KB, 695x390) Image search: [Google]
FH_screenshot2[1].jpg
287 KB, 695x390
>>344356215
Maybe soon? Shouldn't be too hard to port over the necessary assets.
>>
>>344356791
That was the arc of his character, in both AC1 and through Ezio's visions in the later game. He was regaining lost honor.
>>
>>344356678

1 was pretty clunky with the gameplay.

2 streamlined it and in my opinion it was much better.
>>
>>344357270

"To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."[
>>
>>344356215
Never, sail your weeb shit into the fire!
>>
>>344356215
Between Syndicate and Watch Dogs 2, Ubisoft is full retard at this point.

Also, the Chronicles games should've been main series releases. Though I couldn't care less about the POO one.
>>
>there are people who actually want the series to end, instead of it just being something that exists to as a skeleton to apply different underused settings too so they have a somewhat competent AAA game
>>
I just want another game that goes back to 1 or even before it, where Assassins are actually Assassins to an extent. It went to edgelord territory after 1, then it turned into a poorly defined mess. The whole idea is you played as an Assassin who got his shit together and didn't allahu ackbar like with the real life equivalent. Leaving the middle east was a mistake.
>>
>>344357142
You mean the Forbes article?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/carolpinchefsky/2012/10/25/8-reasons-why-assassins-creed-1/

Here's a paste bin because Forbes has atrocious ad intrusion:

http://pastebin.com/uuR33Y4X
>>
>>344357415
>implying the devs understood the book enough to incorporated it fully into the game's plot
>>
File: ezio-assassinscreed2-2.jpg (145 KB, 950x1000) Image search: [Google]
ezio-assassinscreed2-2.jpg
145 KB, 950x1000
Assassin's Creed 2 will always be the best of the entire series. It came out and improved everything over the first game and had the fortune of still being interesting and exciting.

The score was absolutely flawless too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UVi5Pzjjs0
>>
Haven't played Unity or Syndicate yet since PC is meh and I haven't bought a PS4 yet. Am I missing anything notable aside from the main story missions I saw in an LP.
>>
File: 1431059631376.jpg (33 KB, 297x480) Image search: [Google]
1431059631376.jpg
33 KB, 297x480
>>344356047
>It is the salvation that redeems the series.
>Shay's character begins and ends with "I make my own luck" on top of being a rash idiot who makes choices at the spur of the moment without really thinking things through.
>As soon as you shift from Assassin to Templar the Assassins are suddenly doing things that are super shady without ever giving any reason while talking in vague ways while the Templars act like your grandmother on a Sunday morning making you breakfast for the long day ahead.
>Haytham's entire character is different despite taking place during portions of AC3 and he's a huge dick instead of a sarcastic but reasonable asshole.
Apparently it also takes place during Forsaken when they've saved his sister so that would make more sense.
>Nearly every character is never expanded on outside of "I hate you for betraying us Shay, let me go be super shady" or "How could you do this to us?"
>Assassins themselves make just simply exploring towns or collecting anything a nightmare and force you into battles with guards even if it was in self defense from their perspective.
>You're given the not-Blowdart pretty much three or four missions in and enemy placement plus bonus objectives all expect you to just spam sleep and berserk darts at everything.
>Story is so short that sequences end in under an hour at best.
>The entire betrayal is idiotic thanks to Shay somehow losing his temper after months of stewing in his anger on a boat and Achilles shouting at Shay for explaining what happened on his trip then bringing up rank while all his "friends" tell him to go get some sleep and they'll talk about it in the morning.
>Templars are literally patron saints up until the last sequence where Gist tells you he would have killed you in an instant if you wavered, and then they all go back to being men who would donate all their organs so you could breathe one more minute.
I mean, legendary missions are fun, and the Puckle Gun is cool, but don't lie.
>>
>>344358329
that and the florence music were fucking amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztTjQB89v6U

I could spend hours just climbing rooftops, listening to those songs, and chasing those assholes every now and then
>>
>>344341564

Series ended with 3. I have not played a new AC game since the 3rd's game's rushed, shit ending.

The entire mysterious subplot about the past advanced civilization is what made AC unique. But instead of expanding off this the cut it out completely and introduce new characters every game. Used to be this small secret community of assassins and now it's like everyone and their mother is one.
>>
>>344358279

Wait, that was from a book?

I thought it said by Ezio in one of games.
>>
>>344358540
Haven'tplayed Syndicate, Unity's story is a major mess with no redeeming qualities.

Unity has better combat that manages to be challenging, good graphics, but I find the rest of the game to be subpar. The rooftops aren't that satisfying to climb due to their geometry, how they're far apart. Also the climb up/down thing feels more automated than before. Stealth is also shallow as fuck, the classic crouch around enemies that are looking at windows or some shit.
>>
>>344358654
>being this autistic
>cherrypicking your ass off
>>
>>344358654

>makes choices at the spur of the moment without really thinking things through.

Sees an entire fucking city destroyed firsthand and sees the power of the pieces of Eden if used improperly.

>Tries to explain to the head of the Assassins.

They simply ignore him and try to have him killed.

Rogue shows you that the Assassins really don't know that progress requires sacrifice.

They just think they're freedom fighters.

Once the Templars release Sheas memories, the Assassins cells start going crazy and doubting their cause.
>>
Ok fags that like Brotherhood more than AC2. Explain yourself.
>>
>>344358679
Tour of Venice is great too. I honestly can't believe the quality of music. Really helped set the mood and made it enjoyable to just walk around the city with the entire HUD off and just enjoy the atmosphere.

I can't remember a single track from any of the other AC games but I know half a dozen from this one.
>>
>>344356632
Graphics are better than 2 and a bit worse than brotherhood.

Cities are well made.

It's a bit bland (misses some meat on it's bones).

No collectables (only 420 flags but you are a retard if you actually go out to find them).

Out animus sequences GOAT.

Assasinasions very good.

Decent game overall, up to you if to get it or not.
>>
>>344359628
Forgot to include it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPY5uu4SntI
>>
when you got to the second city and it was basically the same but slightly bigger.
>>
>>344359910

I love how first Ezio kills out of revenge/vegence but then Mario explains that it's not about that but some other bullshit.
>>
>>344359628
>>344359924
Oh I got the music mistaken, I was referring to this tour one that is the ambient music of venice, and the florence one, both are amazing. Not that the other one is bad, just that those two were amazing.
>>
>>344359514
It was essentially AC2 plus all of the recruiting side missions and other small tweaks. It's half the game so I wouldn't say its better but that's probably why some people like it more than 2. 2 improved everything wrong with 1 and then some, Brotherhood took it a half step farther.
>>
>>344358540
Only played Unity, the story is utter garbage in every sense of the word. There is not a single likable character during the entire game, the entire story hinges on Arno stealing memories by killing people and then presenting this as evidence to the Assassin Council so they could kill people, and it's basically a story of not-Ezio trying to get his dick wet with Templar pussy with the big bad evil Templars infighting.

Gameplay is probably the best of the series though, there's heavy emphasis on stealth, you can't counter kill anymore so there's way more ballerina gameplay in terms of proper countering, dodging, and punishing, you are actually punished if you don't stealth, climbing is way more fluid, there's tons of stuff to explore, and them adding the insides of houses really made running around more fun.

>>344359330
>Sees an entire fucking city destroyed firsthand and sees the power of the pieces of Eden if used improperly.
and then spends months on a boat traveling back home with the ability to collect his thoughts. When he arrives they literally just get into a shouting match.

>They simply ignore him and try to have him killed.
Achilles ignores him and then then they all defend Achilles, but they were still planning on listening to him. They try to kill him because the moron stole the book in the heat of the moment.

Keep in mind the Templars themselves were constantly saying stuff that would make Shay doubt, like whatsherface was making stuff that 'could' be turned into a city wide poison to kill hundreds of thousands of innocents, or that "the Assassins must be stopped with their wanton destruction" which the Templars didn't even know about until Shay literally told them about it, then there was the Native American guy who was apparently doing something or other getting tribed together.

At least they did mention the cells weren't following the Creed and acting as a racket, they were in dire need of an Altair.
>>
>>344356632
It's really, really clunky. I replayed the series last summer and I was amazed at how dated 1 felt. The missions are also painfully repetitive, but it has arguably the best assassinations of the series and its dark as fuck. Still worth it.
>>
File: AC2coverHighRes.jpg (2 MB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
AC2coverHighRes.jpg
2 MB, 2480x3508
>>344341564
I stopped after AC2. Did I miss out on a lot of good shit?
>>
>>344360604

Brotherhoods pretty sweet. You should play that. Plot picks up right were 2 ended so you may wanna play 2 again.
>>
>>344360604
Brotherhoodis fantastic and Revelations is still better than anything that has come after it, not including Black Flag. Grab them next Steam sale, pretty sure they drop to $5 each and they're worth that price.
>>
>>344360317
>Gameplay is probably the best of the series though
this is a lie

combat is clunky and unresponsive, Arno is a pain in the ass to control in stealth mode, enemies have a thousand mile line of sight, and once you're spotted, every enemy in the town is after you in a second

Unity is shit in every possible way
>>
>>344343691
I find that funny because I found Jacob more enjoyable as a character. like Edward without the ship.

side note, was the Jack the Ripper DLC any good?
>>
File: what_did_you_say.jpg (771 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
what_did_you_say.jpg
771 KB, 1920x1080
There are only so many times I can climb a building and hunt for random objects. There comes a point where it gets boring. I've chopped people up and layed in a stack of hay so many times that I don't even consider it a "stealth game."

Watchdogs was retarded. Be a vigilante... then kill cops while breaking INTO a prison to "give your target a simple warning." Or how about ordering cars from a man wanting to kill you. Killing him... then order cars as if he never died! Shooting people in the leg = instant death. Or how discovering safehouses and refusing to use it to protect your family.

>>344356791
Killing random civilians and people loosely associated with a target. Then at the second game it's considered "wrong." Go figure.
>>
File: couv.gif.jpg (57 KB, 400x621) Image search: [Google]
couv.gif.jpg
57 KB, 400x621
>>344358787
this was one of philosophical inspirations for Assassin's Creed
>>
>>344341564
By AC3 I think the series died, for the most part.

You had the end of the "real world" storyline and the beginning of the fucking retarded "Initiates" storyline (essentially lady on the other side of the computer screen claims you're saving the world by playing videogames and you get snippets of lore by collecting shit) which... kind of removes and really deep motivation to play the actual game other than "You're playtesting something for Abstergo".

You saw them basically throw stealth away and shit on it to try and fully emulate the Arkham series in terms of "cinematic combat" being the mainstay.

You saw the end of any real experimentation (other than the naval battles, which were expanded upon in Black Flag and Rogue and then later abandoned) with gameplay, instead the breaks from "stab this guy, shoot this guy, stab this guy, shoot this guy" felt more like optional minigames than anything (for its faults, Revelations did have some awesome levels and a great opening sequence, imo)

And from a purely story perspective you essentially saw the end of the "Assassins" as we know them. Unity's Arno spent most of his time being buddy-buddy with a moderate Templar and didn't really feel like an "Assassin". Edward Kenway out and out wasn't an assassin until the very end of the game. Shay gave up being an assassin. The fry twins were more like "Oi we tha assassin gangstas guvna, something something communism n' all that".

The assassins in previous games had a philosophy, a driving motivation and purpose, and while Black Flag touched on it fairly nicely nothing really gives the assassins that feeling of "Ancient, Secretive Order".

Plus the progressing tech gradually making the original elements of the gameplay kind of... pointless.
>>
>>344341564
how long did it take for you guys to realize that Black Flag is actually shit?

Yea, the boat content is great, but everything that takes place on land is awful.

The combat is the same from minute one to hour fifty, there's only like three kill animations, you can't use other weapons, the mission design is awful, and there's way too many fucking tailing missions

Great characters, writing, and voice work though
>>
>>344360925
if you didn't like Syndicate, you there's not much an upgrade in the DLC. Like Unity's Dead Man Tomb.

>>344361090
AC1 made fun of hunting down random objects by putting in flags all across the map and they don't reward you with ANYTHING.

As for killing civillians, I did miss it after AC1 and I did like that they brought it back once for ACRogue even though it went against Shay's character. It just adds to replayability.
>>
>>344361282
>Is actually shit
>Great characters, writing and voicework and boating

Well honestly I loved it but I also acknowledged that it's still in a bit of the easy/casualized gameplay of AC3.
>>
You know the part where you send ships on voyages and shit? Does that have any importantance at all other than some pocket change? This shit is like a fucking Facebook game
>>
>>344361282
I put it off for years after how badly AC3 fucked me but I agree for the most part. Fun game but longer than it needed to be, the mission structure and pacing were all over the place.
>>
File: PsOsF.png (107 KB, 294x306) Image search: [Google]
PsOsF.png
107 KB, 294x306
Assassin's Creed threads are so comfy these times for a dead AAA game. Such a shame a lot of these are disappointments.
>>
>>344345692
The Templars are only the good guys when the Assassin's are a bunch of chaotic dickbags with no regard for law and order.

Likewise the Assassin's are only the good guys when the Templars are a bunch of Megalomaniacal power hungry shitheels who don't actually care about the rights of other people.

Its the one good thing to ever come out of AC3. They fleshed out the Templars more and Rogue showed us the negative impact of a world run solely by the Assassin's. every Assassin game barring maybe Unity, shows us the opposite, with the Templars being the ones corrupted by absolute power.

All that said Shay was a fucking great character and has possibly the best character design since Ezio in Brotherhood.
>>
>>344361349
I liked Syndicate so I guess thats good?
>>
>>344361090
I knew it was bad just by watching trailers and how some ideas are stupid. Say hacking to make a blockade appear so you escape the police, you press E to get away from police, this is retarded design. Escaping from the police involves chases and roadblocks, avoiding tire strips and this kind of content, the thrill of getting away with a certain element of driving skill. When you reduce the whole thing to a button press to win, the magic is gone. Old GTAs had the stars that rewarded you for map knowledge for example, allowing you to reduce wanted level. Pressing a button to get rid of the police is stupid gameplay design.

Ubi is doing stupid choices like this one all the time. AssCreed stands out from other seriesis the ability to climb a lot of the game's world, so if you introduce a grapplin hook, you just made your game into a shittier Batman style of traveling, instead on improving on the cornerstone of your series.
>>
>>344360925
I did too. Evie, Lydia, Arno, and Edward are my least favorite characters in the series.
>>
>>344361090
This isn't a WD thread, asshole.
>>
>>344360875
>combat is clunky and unresponsive
In what way? Fighting is just fine when it comes to countering and dodging over characters, aiming a weapon, and messing around with side weapons, though it gets to be terrible when you specifically fight the high tier agile enemies since they have next to no openings and a smoke bomb is the only feasible way of actually killing them. For the rest of it your weapons are responsive, your secondaries are responsive, your dodging and countering are just right, all the hits feel heavy and full of impact, and the only real negative you can really have is the off-screen gunshots that you're not told about.

>Arno is a pain in the ass to control in stealth mode
I have truly never had a problem with him in stealth mode, I've always stuck to walls properly, always moved properly, and am always able to do corner kills just fine, so I don't know what to tell you.

>enemies have a thousand mile line of sight
Which they do in every game. Papal Guards get pissed if you're even remotely on the same street as them, guards in AC4 can see you moving behind a house a mile away despite only slightly turning to face that direction, Forli guards are the absolute worst at how much they chase you and from the distance they chase you, and so on.

>and once you're spotted, every enemy in the town is after you in a second
Literally every single game has this problem. It's only been easy to elude it in Ezio's line since Smoke Bombs last forever and you have many ways to cut enemies off. Escaping in BF for example amounted to sleeping everyone and sitting in a bush or jumping into the water.

>>344361090
W_D was utterly retarded. It paints a picture where you're supposed to want to help Jaden kill the people who wronged him but everything is literally his own fault. All the people that died died due to his actions and greed, he traumatizes his family and their friends, and he gets people sent to kill his family on multiple occasions.
>>
>>344361821
Yeah, it's alright if you did.

>>344361931
Honestly I was just captivated by the graphics of E3. Pirating it, I didn't realize how badly they missed out on adding more hackable actions for distractions and so on. Even the GTAIV mod had more to it.

Looking at Watchdogs2, I would give it a shot but the style/setting their going with is putting me off.
>>
>>344361282
It didn't take me long. Maybe an hour.
>>
1 - Story about a man being kidnapped for the whereabouts of objects his ancestor held
2 - It is revealed aliens created the objects
Brotherhood - More about the alien race is revealed, specifically Minerva and Juno
Revlations - Information about solar flares which destroyed the alien race is revealed
3 - Desmond stops another solar flare at the cost of his own life and Juno escapes
4 - Juno starts haunting a machine and her reincarnated husband does stuff in the background

Yeah so around 4 they went full retard
>>
>>344362282
Might as well be since ACIV, WD and ACR had a crossover event.
>>
>>344361282
>great characters, writing, and voice work
Did I fuck up by skipping all the cutscenes?
>>
>>344362152
while I didn't really care for Lydia as a character I did love playing in WW1 era London for a bit that was fun.

My biggest problem with Arno, and the entirety of Unity, was the lack of french accents for everyone.

I loved Edward but he should have been made an Assassin way earlier.
>>
When Revelations had that cool trailer that was basically just the shitty tutorial area of the game

Briefly revived during AC4
>>
>>344361821
I've played and finishing Syndicate and it's DLC. I would not say it's worth more than $5.

The Jack the Ripper DLC is extremely predictable and lame. The beginning of it actually excited me, as Jacob looks like a Templar. What a disappointment.
>>
File: 1427587670902.jpg (35 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1427587670902.jpg
35 KB, 368x368
>>344362152
>Edward is Arno-tier
>Edward is worse than Elise
>>
>>344362614
no you didn't, Edward and the story are incredibly overrated, he's always complaining about wanting to get money, while in the last missions of the game he wants to repent and make everything right and become buddy buddy with the assassins
>>
>>344362728
>ACS doing anything but playing it safe

They didn't even have prostitutes in the main game, in VICTORIAN LONDON.
>>
>>344362762
Oh shit, I forgot about Elise. She's terrible too.

But yeah, I'm not a fan of Edward.
>>
>>344362486
I completely forgot about all that alien bullshit. Is there anything about them in the newer games?
>>
>>344361282
Nah, Black Flag was basically a broken off series that just never got a sequel. It's a real shame too, cause imagine how great a pirate game would be?
>>
>>344363018
Black Flag is tailing mission after tailing mission, surrounded by naval combat and the occasional (fun) jungle adventure. Overall, it's shit.
>>
>>344362815
It had something to do with his father in law as well as his ideal to escape Bristol and be his own man.

Of course that ended poorly with his wife.

Kenway men have the worst luck. Edward's father died in a fire, Edward died in a fire with his daughter forever hating him, Haytham died in the middle of a burning village by his son's hand and Connor died alone.
>>
>>344362486
Don't forget her reincarnated husband tries letting his wife take over your body from The Cloud™.

>>344362614
Characters were hit and miss.You only really end up caring for Thatch and Bonnet, maybe Mary though I couldn't really care about her myself. Templar side were cool though. Edward takes ages to stop being an absolute prick but once he does he gets much better, especially during that ending. Still, Edward is just such an unbelievable asshole that it makes playing him hard at times.

Voice work was pretty great, especially for Edward and Thatch.
>>
>>344362995
They all have alien shit. I think there was moreso in Syndicate with them hinting Desmond has a bastard.
>>
>>344363178
who's the redhead?
>>
>>344363203
Oh, I completely forgot Adewale. Adewale was also a great guy, and killing him in Rogue was probably the best part of that game

>>344362995
Juno took over the Internet and The Cloud basically, she's using the Templars and Assassins for her own purposes(Their fighting is for her benefit basically) and is trying to take over the world essentially.

In Unity they're sequencing the First Civ DNA so the Animus can go back to that time.

In Rogue Juno is just dicking around laughing at the Templars from what I remember.
>>
>>344363018
Rogue wasn't a sequel, but I thought it was superior to IV by a great deal, better on foot missions, and naval combat is pretty much the same, only the game is shorter.
>>
Syndicate is the worst.
>Horrible combat system copied from Arkham Game.
>you MUST press specific button based on enemy action such as block etc. Thus you cant flow freely during combat.
>janky and unresponsive control. Also whats the point of having to press a button to enter stealth everytime i thought black flag did this properly already by going auto stealth when edwards in enemy zone.
>boring extremely repetitive activities
>lots of plotholes and moments that doesnt make any sense. Like charles dickens bumped into jacob and suddenly hes all accomodating and invites the stranger to his abode
>feels like a really rushed game overall. Lacked small details like no footprints when you step on mud.
>>
The only character I liked in watchdogs was Damian Brinks. It's stupid (and doesn't make any sense) that they turned him into a villain.

Watchdogs 2 will be full of faggots because it's located in San Fransisco (and half of ubisoft's staff are likely faggots themselves.)
>>
>>344363360
random oc whore.
>>
>>344360317

He knew what the order was going to decide, no matter what he said to them. That's why he took matters into his own hands.

Watching an entire city destroyed is nothing something you want to take lightly and you don't just forget about it.

He knew the Assassins were looking for more relics and when they found them, they'd experiment with them.

Nothing is certain; everything is permitted."
>>
File: fag.jpg (135 KB, 1024x531) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
135 KB, 1024x531
Black Flag had the best ending.
>>
>>344342998
Mostly this, except I would move Syndicate to be equal to III. Also personally I would move IV above AC: B as I have literally spent 200 hours on that game (100 on PS4, 100 on PC) while only about 50 hours in AC:B
>>
>>344360851

>Revelations

Eh that was okay; more of 'catch everyone up to what went down in all the previous games' game.

4/Black Flag had a weak ass story but the sailing and diving were cash as fuck.

Swimming away from sharks haunt my dreams.
>>
File: SYN combat.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
SYN combat.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>344363637
>Horrible combat copied from Arkham
Nah, a lot of games already copied from Arkham, which ironically was based on the AC1 combat.

The problem was comparing the awful animations of Syndicate to the last few games and the other Arkham combat games like Mad Max, Syn looked completely worse, making Sleeping Dogs seem more fantastic.
>>
This is fucking stupid but I want it. why the fuck do I want this to be a thing?!
>>
>>344364027
it's mostly rough, but the animations for the multi-kills are great

reagardless, Syndicate is the best one since Brotherhood, though that's a low fucking bar
>>
>>344363467
Adewale is one of my favorites, along with Shay, Haytham, and Ezio.
>>
File: Crying-Cat-Meme-05.jpg (67 KB, 570x412) Image search: [Google]
Crying-Cat-Meme-05.jpg
67 KB, 570x412
>>344363840
>Of all the money, that er I had
>>
>>344363840
I disagree
>>
>>344363741
isn't that the redhead slut of the game that says she's pregnant in the end?
>>
>>344361253

Thanks, mang.

I liked the entire "Nothing is certain; everything is permitted." mantra/creed but it was so vague and open to interpretation.

When Ezio explain his interpretation of it:

"To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

I found that it made a lot more sense to me, personally.
>>
>>344363957
>Syndicate equal with III
Drink bleach. Syndicate is ass.
>>
>>344364241
Quite an insult to Brotherhood considering that they already simplified wall running to the max, made poor use of the other Assassin weapons, has worse animations and the villains themselves are almost completely evil in contrast to AC1, AC3-ACR and maybe even Revelations.

I'm a hard fan of the series but ACS probably disappointed me more than Revelations
>>
>>344364489
They're different kinds of ass, but I prefer III slightly more than Syn.
>>
>>344363794
>He knew what the order was going to decide, no matter what he said to them.
He didn't even try to have civil discourse, they both just shouted at each other. Achilles was the only one who could make the order, and it wasn't going to happen immediately, they were still discussing about it. Shay literally just came back from a mission that he was sent on and was going to give a report on it. Not to mention they have a huge precedent with the last guy dying from the same exact thing happening. Achilles even has doubts come endgame, though you could attribute it to Shay being dedicated to eradicating everyone who was trying to get to the piece in the first place.

The point is that Shay didn't explain anything to his friends after leaving the room, he got there in the morning and had all day but never talked to any of them and instead just betrays them. There are many reasons for them to believe Shay but he just doesn't do anything remotely smart, especially after all that time to think.

>>344363840
>That bit where Edward is sailing with his daughter and they talk about pirates
It was such a good ending.
>>
>>344361931
>> shittier Batman style of traveling

I love the batman games. But I always hated how his suit gets torn up by the end of the game. They do this so you'll download different DLC suits.
>>
>>344364079
When they run out of ideas, wait till they do Assassin's Creed Ghost Recon.
>>
>>344361282

About an two hours in.

Killing the Assassin, stealing his clothes, becoming a Templar and then getting the ship to do pirate ship got boring.

All the pirate shit felt shoehorned in.
>>
>>344364027
I haven't played syndicate, but you know what's the bigger problem with this?

Ubi Montreal doesn't have time to stop and reflect back on what worked and what didn't on the previous game. They have 500 studios working on multiple games every year, so they just try different things, they can't look at Unity and say, hey we got a combat system that isn't garbage, let's improve on it, because when Unity released, Syndicate was probably already 1 year into development, and they were already trying this combat that the webm shows, they have little time to really improve on things that they go right. So the games are all a bunch of messes, tons of gimmicky additions with no substance at all because Ubisoft can't stop shitting those turds for a second.
>>
>>344364673
Wow, everyone elves tends to love that aspect of the Batman games. In fact, I actually like it. It really made me visualize how beaten and bruised Batman is by the end of the game.
>>
>>344361931
Honestly I believe Watchdogs could've been a million times better if they just allowed for open world multiplayer with an invasion system like Dark Souls. I kind of thought that was what they were going to go for with the E3 trailer.

Hacking is OP; the best way to fix it is to simply add in other players. So if you try to press E to escape the police, someone else could set up a road block or what have you. Imagine getting invaded by "Whitehat" hackers that would try to do things like temporarily disable your ability to hack electronic devices, or set up roadblocks to force you down certain roots. Hell, possibly even taking control of cameras to raise your wanted level, that could've been amazing.

Instead we just got... shit.
>>
>>344361532

Oh yeah, the shipping lanes and battles garbage.

They wanted to see if people would actually play that shit on their tablets or Facebook.
>>
>>344342638
This. The games should have stopped after Ezio. Also, Revelation Ezio has the best outfit of the whole series.
>>
File: AC4BFSP 2015-08-27 22-43-57-47.jpg (142 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
AC4BFSP 2015-08-27 22-43-57-47.jpg
142 KB, 1920x1080
>>344364832
Exactly what I liked about it compared to the older stories of the series. It's a breath of fresh air, plus the exploration can be fun.
>>
>>344361692

>Shay was a great fucking character.

Mah nigga!

It was a short game but the character was really fleshed out, was logical and his first mate on his ship was a total fucking bro.

The banter between them is hilarious.

And they both have great voice actors too.
>>
File: ACRSP_160506_1850569.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ACRSP_160506_1850569.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>344365049
Replaying it, Ezio had some brutal killing animations, almost in tier with Connor.
>>
AC Unity is fun sometimes. It has it's moments.
Also i like Watch_Dogs a lot but i can't really tell why. Maybe because I'm a bitch for that subtle darkish cyberpunk atmosphere.
Syndicate is really fun tho it'd be better if it wasn't so gimmick based.
>>
File: image.png (18 KB, 498x520) Image search: [Google]
image.png
18 KB, 498x520
>want to start up AC2 again after 5-6 years
>remember what they did to Mario
>>
>>344362728

The Ripper DLC was great for the first 5 minutes when you play AS the Ripper.

Everything after that is garbage.

Although using the eagle vision to see how brutal the Ripper mutilated those whores and how all their last acts were throwing their Assassin rings away was kinda cool.

The main character chick was so fat and ugly.
>>
>>344365283
>Shay's voice actor was really excited for Rogue
>Even tried going to cons to promote it
>Interview had him so disheartened knowing the game was just a cash in at Black Flag's success, worse that it was released with the heavily promoted Unity, which Rogue came out to be better than.
>>
>>344363178

Haytham, best character in the whole game, last words were "I should have killed you years ago."

Fucking based Alpha.
>>
>>344363467

>Killing Adewale

Mah nigga!

It just felt so satisfying.
>>
File: Family Gatherings.jpg (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Family Gatherings.jpg
71 KB, 500x500
>>344365781
>I should've pulled out
>>
>>344363531

Short but so sweet.

It really showed the Asssassins for what they are and gave some insight into the Templar Order.
>>
File: 1425461151414.jpg (27 KB, 350x335) Image search: [Google]
1425461151414.jpg
27 KB, 350x335
>>344365936
>YOUR FATHER WOULD BE DISAPPOINTED HAYTHAM
Their argument was amazing.
>>
File: sda.jpg (21 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
sda.jpg
21 KB, 480x320
Thoughts so far?
>>
>>344363840

Stupid ending with all of them getting exactly what they deserved in the end.

Getting hung.
>>
>>344366215
>Hoods: Check
>Stupid plot: Check
>Parkour: Check
>Assassins logo all over the fucking place: Triple check
I'm really hyped for the movie. It has everything it needs to start the ressainance of vidya based movies
>>
>>344364079

I'd play this but only if Sigma Team is in it.

"All targets are righteous!"
>>
>>344366306
They cut out Stede Bonnet's death. Looking at his wikipedia, he had a hard time coming to terms with his inevitable death, bargaining his legs for freedom.
>>
>>344365561
I had this annoying bug that made changing her clothes completely useless, as it would either not work at all or switch back to default after a cutscene.
>>
>>344366389
I was surprised that they actually did a leap of faith in the trailer.

I just want it to be as goofy-conspiracy as my video games.
>>
>>344356632
best character arc and story of the series. It's linear, but that serves the story greatly. Best assassinations of the series with great build-up to them
>>
File: Drinking bleach, fucking Metal..gif (156 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
Drinking bleach, fucking Metal..gif
156 KB, 500x282
>>344364489

>MFW
>>
>>344366215
The special effects look bad and the female assassin's GURL POWER makes me cringe.
>>
>>344365049
wish they didn't fuck up Connors's character, he literally hurt the game for me so much, the rest of AC3 was great for me
>>
>>344366535
Yeah, at least for me, the best part of the original games was the fact that they didn't take itself too seriously. It was just stupid fun with gods and bad corporations and EVERYONE'S A TEMPLAR AND EVERYTHING'S CONNECTED AND NOTHING IS COINCIDENCE AND EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED shit.
I loved it.
It was by far one of my favorite series till 3 at least.
>>
>>344364669

Well Shay stopped them from destroying any more cities so the ends justify the means.

Plus he even showed Achilles mercy in the end.

A truly, logical, understanding, man.
>>
>>344366686
I liked him for what he was but hated how the game is; a completely rushed and broken open world.

WE COULD'VE HAD THIS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg3F0SaPfp0
>>
>>344365140

I guess.

I mean the pirates were kinda cool because they're fucking pirates.

But they felt shoehorned into the game since the majority of them weren't Assassins to begin with.

Most there as a plot device and to flesh the game out.
>>
>>344366215
I just hope that Animus is explained properly. They're giving their greatest enemies weapons and training them and then hoping to turn them after they relive all their memories including Assassin lives. Why you would do that instead of the usual Warren Vidic Animus I won't understand, it's an insane risk and you have absolutely no guarantee at all of getting even a single convert from it.
>>
>>344366812
>Meanwhile in the trailers
>FUCKING ASSASSINS WERE LIES, MY DUTY IS TO KILL THEM ALL OH GOD HOW I HATE THEM CRAAWWLIING IN ME SKIIIN

>In game
>Oh man, I really don't want to kill my own old comrades, just my luck but I guess I made that as well.
>>
>>344367209
The new Animus is probably for bleeding effect. If anything they'll probably just hint at AC1-ACSyn's events by mentioning "Subject 17".
>>
>>344367275
>I really don't want to kill my own old comrades
He gets over it so fast though. Like, he kills that one mercenary and then the Indian and suddenly he's pretty fine with killing everyone else. He even gets over the girl's death pretty fast.
>>
File: 1467020363181.png (829 KB, 1009x728) Image search: [Google]
1467020363181.png
829 KB, 1009x728
>>344365563

Seriously?

I would have loved to meet him since obviously he was a fan of the series and knew this game would give a shot in the arm the series desperately needed.

See what happens when you have hope and faith in anything?
>>
>>344363840
The death of Mary and the ending of MGS 3 are the only moments in vidya that could put manly tears in my eyes. This ending just hit me harder in the feels.
>>
>>344365937

>Pulling out

Why even bother having sex at all?

I got a vasectomy so I blow my load in these whores cunts every time.

feelsgreatman
>>
>>344363840
AC4 is one of the games that pull off the ''end of an era'' feel best.
>>
>>344366389

I fucking LOVED in the intro to AC:3

You play as an unknown character but you see the Assassins crest on his sleeve so you assume he's an Assassin.

Guess again mother fucker.

Then he kills that guy and doesn't kill the kid who witnessed it.

Truly Alpha
>>
>>344367605
I think the guy works at food industry as said in his interview. The tumblr side of the AC fandom seemed to like him enough to make a couple of jokes about him and his enthusiasm.
>>
>>344367867
It's shit.
>>
>>344367760
He is a grown man in a cave alone with a woman he's grown to like for her sass. Also in the novels he lived with her for a short time until Charles got jealous and dropped a bombshell to make her hate him.
>>
>>344367975
Playing as Haytham was great.
>>
File: Fucking Metal.gif (339 KB, 400x235) Image search: [Google]
Fucking Metal.gif
339 KB, 400x235
>>344366502

Watching the Ripper stab those policemen in the stomach and then stepping on it to drive it further in and seeing all the other policemen look terrified and back up was one of the most metal things I've ever seen.
>>
>>344367975
I despised it.

It's extremely scripted, the theater climbing scene makes you climb a linear path with scripted shit falling in place to help you get around, then the game locks you in a ship where you can only trigger the next cuscene.

It set the tone for disappointment
>>
>>344368150
Noticed that he has excluisive sword kill animations that resembles a bit of fencing and class, like Arno's but unlike the latter he's dual fighting with his bracer.
>>
>>344368228
The Ripper segments were the best parts of the DLC.
>>
File: AC3-Homestead_Celebration.png (3 MB, 1919x1080) Image search: [Google]
AC3-Homestead_Celebration.png
3 MB, 1919x1080
>ywn play the Homestead for the first time ever again
I legit cried at the wedding and Achiles' funeral. I actually liked Connor, he was great outside of the main story missions.
Still waiting for a game to close Connor, Shay and Arno's stories, they could fit in the same time period after all.
>>
>>344368459
Anything not involving the twins being goody-twoshoes against a mustache-twirling evil is a godsend.
>>
>>344368526
I agree.
>>
>>344367275

>Serve in a order for many years.
>Your best friend and comrades turn on you because you won't fall in line or even bother listening to you.
>You take matters into your own hands.
>Try to hide the book or whatever it was.
>Try to have you killed.
>Leave you for dead.

Yep, sounds like a loyal brotherhood to me.

Everything Shay did was justified.
>>
Anyone forget the DS games? Hell, why isn't anyone talking about Freedom Cry?
>>
>>344368464
Homestead were the highlights of AC3. Shame you couldn't replay them. You couldn't even date the qt irish girl who was into you.
>>
>>344368621
PLayed the DS and PSP games. Altair's chronicles was horrible. ACII DS was alright, a bit short but it was like Spider-Man without the swinging.

Wish Bloodlines had an HD remake. I loved the couple.
>>
>>344361282
>great writing

Hardly. It was a fun game for all the pirate-y stuff. It was a lot of fun to be a pirate captain, sail around attacking forts, and plundering ships, but the game's story was a complete mess. It was pulled in like 4 directions at once with the pirate politics, tale of redemption, assassin shit, and modern day story. As a result, it felt disconnected and downright schizophrenic at times.
>>
>>344367985

Oh man, that's fucking brutal.

>Great voice.
>Passionate about the game.
>Fans make fun him because it wasn't a full blown 50 hour collectible riddled game.

I never asked for this.

I'm going to try to find the interview on the metube.
>>
>>344368464
It's like they had two very different groups of people write his character.
>>
>>344368607
Achilles just lost his wife, and it was his fault as well as Shay for the downfall of their working relationship because Achilles wouldn't listen and Shay wouldn't be patient.

Eitherway Shay would've been disenchanted with the order in the long run.
>>
>>344366215
a producer straight up said it's 70 percent modern day, 30 in the past

throw it in the trash, Fassbender needs to knock it off with blockbusters and stick to movies like Frank and Slow West
>>
File: 1457546555525.jpg (184 KB, 749x693) Image search: [Google]
1457546555525.jpg
184 KB, 749x693
>>344341564
>Game ranking:
4 > 2 > Syndicate > Brotherhood > Rogue > 3 > Unity > 1 > Liberation > Revelations

>Protagonist ranking:
Edward > Altair > Ezio > Evie > Shay > Jacob > Connor > Adewale > Aveline > Arno

>Antagonist ranking:
Starrick > Al Mualim > Torres > Madeleine > Charles Lee > Rodrigo > Cesare > Germain > Ahmet

What am i gonna do this winter /v/? Playing a new AC game on early december has been my tradition for the past 7 years. I don't care what anyone else thinks, i still wanted my yearly dose of AC.
>>
>>344368980
Watch_Dogs2
>>
File: bro.jpg (19 KB, 310x445) Image search: [Google]
bro.jpg
19 KB, 310x445
>>344368872
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYI0bVlKTXI
>>
>>344368787
Loved the shit out of AC 2 on DS! My face was on the wanted poster in the Spanish Inquisition!
>Fuck yea
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 90

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.