[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell was his problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 14
File: Seifer-ffviii-battle.png (65 KB, 263x446) Image search: [Google]
Seifer-ffviii-battle.png
65 KB, 263x446
What the hell was his problem?
>>
>>344328030
Man had a dream
>>
>>344328378
/thread
>>
>>344328030
He wanted to fuck Rinoa a second time.
>>
File: mr_know_it_all.jpg (780 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mr_know_it_all.jpg
780 KB, 1920x1080
>>344328030

Both he and Squall wanted to ignore reality. Squall gradually began to realize ignoring reality wouldn't work and made the transition to accepting it. Seifer fought against reality and thought he was living in a movie.

Seifer was Biff from Back to the Future. But without a time machine to make his dreams come true. He ran into the brick wall of reality head on and made a Coyote shaped hole out of it.
>>
FF VIII is an edgelord meme game. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>344328830

Considering its a game about people getting over being edgy, you're kind of wrong.
>>
He didn't get with best girl from the beginning. Of course I'm talking about Fujin
>>
He had no problem, but he did have one of the hypest moments in the series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFl9kBvm9JU
>>
>>344328553

delete this
>>
>>344328830
>FF VIII is an edgelord meme game
No it isn't.
>>
>>344329160
is gilgamesh high in this scene
>>
File: ff8.jpg (43 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ff8.jpg
43 KB, 480x360
i can never goddamn replay this
>first time i play it to completion
>enjoying it until orphanage
>OH WE ALL KNEW EACHOTHER AS BABS THEN SPLIT UP AND FORGOT HOW WEIRD
>story lost my interest and never fucking even tried to get it back

pic related
>>
>>344329509
gilgamesh is always high
>>
>>344329160

One of the reasons that FFVIII is my favorite right there. Happened upon that just out of chance and it blew my mind. Of course now I look back and realize it was just a simple scripted event. Assassins Creed or the like are basically that the whole game. But back in 1999, it was crazy.
>>
>Seifer's profile has him at 6'2" tall
goddamn
>>
>>344328030
He has autism, guy mastered the most stupidly impractical weapon ever and then uses it in a stupid stance just because of a movie he really liked

thats why rinoa jumped ship to squalls boner, he has slightly less severe autism because he instead decided to main the most retarded weapon ever just because he wanted to show he can, which is why he uses a stance that makes sense.
>>
>>344328830

>FF8

>Not FF7

Bait harder faggot
>>
File: Gf_propaganda.png (122 KB, 319x220) Image search: [Google]
Gf_propaganda.png
122 KB, 319x220
>>344329536
That revelation was so bad, it must've implanted a GF into my brain on my first playthrough because I've forgotten about that until you mentioned it and I was sure I played FF8 three(3) times.
>>
>>344329536
http://squallsdead.com

Maybe this theory will help?
>>
>>344330995
I swear the ultimania proved that theory wrong?
>>
File: 1466117791963.jpg (167 KB, 550x909) Image search: [Google]
1466117791963.jpg
167 KB, 550x909
>>344329536

>one bad plot point ruined the game
Better not play any other FF games then.
>>
>>344331090
the ultimanias also say that eventually people in ff10 world will make spaceships, fly to ff7 world and fund the shinra power company

they're made by people a good decade later that didn't actually work on the original game, they're as canon as genesis is canon to ff7
>>
Why do I NEED a GF to do anything?
>>
>>344331372
Its still officially canon, but keep clinging to your dumb theory
>>
File: so_this_is_their_final_fantasy.jpg (954 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
so_this_is_their_final_fantasy.jpg
954 KB, 1920x1080
Well that's a little morbid. But nice of them to actually show some actual effect the missiles had.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 552x559) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 552x559
>>344328649
I read this twice to make sense of it and I still have no fucking clue what you are trying to say with this post.
>>
>>344331275
I just beat FF4 last week. It was honestly getting on my nerves.

Like everytime I got used to a party member they'd leave. Or sacrifice themselves only to go "Just kidding!" when I find em in a bed later on. Nevermind encounters every two seconds and that fucking Big Bang spam.
>>
You're a chicken-wuss, that's his fucking problem.
>>
>>344331563
tidus kicking a bomb because he thought it was a blitzball and dying is also canon now

keep clinging to fanfiction as if its somehow important to stories that were designed to be self contained just because people associated with the brand name that put the game out a decade ago said so
>>
>>344331275
Lol fuck FFIV was just straight up luda
>>
>>344332107
Squall is an introvert to distance himself from people emotionally so he'd be less likely to get hurt.

Seifer is an extrovert as he wants people to notice and praise him but it causes him to get in to shitty situations and act dickish.

Squall locks people which causes them to be drawn to him. Seifer gravitates towards people which cause them to be repelled. Back to the Future ain't got nothin to do with it. Seifer didn't even fall in poop. He was happy at the end of the game even after him and Squall balanced out their shit.
>>
>>344328649
Zell's legs are fucking unnerving
>>
File: rinoa_high_test.jpg (711 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rinoa_high_test.jpg
711 KB, 1920x1080
>>344333174

How about total anorexia Rinoa?
>>
File: tommyleeq.jpg (16 KB, 499x306) Image search: [Google]
tommyleeq.jpg
16 KB, 499x306
>>344328030

He just followed is dream to the end, no bitches and love holding him back.

If anything, he's the real hero of the game, a man who was true to his ambitions and values and didn't take shit from no one, not even Odin.
>>
>>344328030

HE'S A FUCKING WHITE MALE
>>
>>344332107

Hedgehog dilemma.

>>344332909

Seifer is like Biff in that he's a bully who doesn't change his ways. He just tries to bust through them and fuck anyone who gets in his way. Seifer gets a decent ending while Biff gets manure in his car.
>>
File: 1351108980773.jpg (46 KB, 307x409) Image search: [Google]
1351108980773.jpg
46 KB, 307x409
Daily reminder that Squall dies at the end of Disc 1
>>
>>344333609
That makes more sense I suppose. But in one timeline doesn't Biff become a shitty husband/villain guy? Seifer is a selfish shithead but does what he thinks is right. Biff was never implied to have any real integrity.
>>
Seifer was a great villain desu. Loved how simple his motivations were and how he sliced Odin in half.
>>
The Orphanage scene I can deal with. Many movies/games/tv shows pull the same 'we knew each other as kids' cliche so I can overlook that.

What I can't overlook is how conveniently it fit into the story. There's 3 different GARDENS across the world, with untold numbers of students in each one. Something like 5,000 students and SeeDs in each garden. Yet the orphanage only housed 7 people....5 of your party members, Seifer and Ellone. And they want us to believe that after growing up and forgetting each other, all of those same people were the most crucial in the story and became party members again. A little tough to swallow.
>>
>>344329536
This. Made all the characters shitty, boring, and generic. Everyone had the exact same back story as each other except Laguna, Kiros, and Ward.
>>
>>344334058
Whitest man in Argentina
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HYo17qJSlA
>>
>>344330845
>>344329536
Nigga for real. Honestly the missile launch shit is where it started getting really dumb. I sent Rinoa's ass on the away team my first playthrough.
>>
WHENEVER SANG MY SONG
>>
>>344332478
As unfortunate as that is, it's still official canon. Nothing wrong with you having your own headcanon though. I just don't associate with the 'Squall is dead theory'. There's a hole in it somewhere and I can't be bothered to read it again to find it.
>>
>>344334141
While the scene blew my mind as a kid, it does seem lazy now. But I always kind of looked at as the whole "twin thing"

Like there was an experiment where twins were separated at birth, but observed. They essentially lived the same lives (interests, careers, ect), but just in different locations.

The GFs suppressed their memories, but maybe not their instincts and the emotions that rubbed off on eachother during childhood. They all wanted to be great things while at the orphanage, and they did exceed at their respected studies. It wasn't until Squall crossed paths with them they all came together, because maybe they felt the powerful, familiar kinship with him whether they knew it or not. Like maybe Selphie and Irvine might have left the group after their tasks were done but some subconscious friendship stuff kept them around.

Or it was just retarded fate bullshit I dunno.
>>
>>344335251
I sent away the party members I didn't use. Selphie, Quistis and Irvine
>>
>>344328030

I still wish there was a way to make Seifer a permanent party member. Back when I first played VIII, seeing him with that cocky fencer style in Dollet was the coolest. At least you can get him in some of the spin off games.
>>
>>344328030
I thought he was dabbin until I opened the thumbnail
>>
>>344335867
>>344335845
>>344335603
Can someone explain to me whether Seifer was actually executed at the beginning, and revived by Edea, or if he somehow evaded death. Never understood.
>>
>>344336567
Executed? When was Seifer Exectued?
>>
>>344329160
dat music...

FUCKING MASTERPIECE!!
>>
>>344336567

The Sorceress (Edea) took control of his weak mind and used him. He was never executed. Squall and co just assumed he was since he attacked the Galbadian president.
>>
>>344336567
He was supposed to be executed for his shenanigans and was announced dead by the Galbadian government I think, but Edea probably pulled him under the condition that he serve her.

A sorceress needs a knight, and his passion and skill were enough for her until Squall fucked his shit up.
>>
>>344336757
Disc 1, before the attempt on Edea when you're hiding out in town, Seifer has been captured by some army and is going to be executed. You get the news that he has been, everyone gets quiet and reflects on it, thenn Squall gets fucking pissed and throws a fit about it.

The question was posed a while back whether he was actually executed and then revived (like he is after you kill him in-game) at that point, or just evaded it somehow.
>>
>>344337151
>>344337178
Okay thanks. It makes sense Edea just took him in and either reported his death or convinced everyone he was dead. It's just a really strong moment early in the game, he's set up as your rival and there's hints he might not be a total cunt when you hear about Rinoa, it's not clear his motives or role, and then he fucking dies and comes back as an unrepentant fucking shithead.
>>
>Doing a disc 1 lionheart no leveling run.
>Full autism grinding of card games
>Full autism magic transmuting junction super Jesus magic before you ever even fight ifirit.

Most fun i've had in a game in a long time.
>>
>>344337186
in that case,>>344337151 and >>344337178
are correct.
Although I don't remember actually killing him in game. When you beat him in a fight either Edea gets involved or he just runs away, right?
>>
>>344337178
>until Squall fucked his shit up with the help of other 2 people

Squall would just embarass himself he tried to 1v1 Seifer again
>>
>>344337510
I never start triple triad before getting that Ifrit card. Fuck that.
>>
>>344337505
Meant "dies" in quotes.

>>344337525
IIRC you beat him, he falls and is presumed dead, you go on to face Edea and she just raises her hand and he comes back up.
>>
>>344328030

He had anger problems since his dad used to rape his sister in the other room
>>
>>344337702
KO'ed I think is more appropriate. Like how you can restore from a KO status with Phoenix Downs or casting life
>>
>>344337690
I meant the magic part, I usually start the game by getting my Quetzalcoatl card then leveling and getting my 100 water from fish.

I'd never start the card grinding before I got ifirit, and sometimes I even wait till I get diablo.
>>
File: Squall_Garden_Uniform_CG.jpg (92 KB, 1280x896) Image search: [Google]
Squall_Garden_Uniform_CG.jpg
92 KB, 1280x896
>play one game of Triple Triad
>the elemental rule has spread across this region
>the random rule has spread across this region
>>
>>344337664
Yeah, well, that all depends on how you level them mister.
>>
>>344337510
Shit, man, I hate ff viii almost as much as xiii, but grinding and breaking the game was so much fun.
Right now I'm playing fft and doing pretty much the same and having a blast.
>>
>>344338490
I refused to let random spread after figuring out how to block it.

I don't remember completely, but I think if someone asks you to play with a specific rule you just keep declining until they offer to play regular.

I can't believe I collected every fucking card with random.
>>
>>344337664

I'm currently playing FFVIII again. I haven't even used card mod or any tricks. And I'm still running around with 4,000 HP on Squall just with the base magic I'm drawn from people. I just fought Rajin/Fujin in the hotel and they were doing 300 damage per hit. I tanked them for 10 minutes while I drew a full set of thundaga, cura and fira from them.

At the point I'm at now, I could easily take Seifer alone. By Disk 3, when I have Aura and crap, I'll probably kill him in 1-2 turns.
>>
>>344338139
Yeah yours makes more sense, I just remember thinking the fight had a tone of finality until she goes and raises him from the dead.

I really love the Rinoa is Ultimecia idea though.
>>
>>344338717

Its annoying because some people don't change their rules.

Also, there's suppose to be some kind of side quest with the card queen. But I haven't seen her except for the first meeting at Balamb. I suppose I probably missed that side quest. Hate it when Final Fantasy games do this.
>>
What I didn't understand was, were the GF's like really rare? I mean, Squall's final exam is to go get a GF (Ifrit) with Qustits, does every student have to do that? Is Ifrit just summonable by everyone or only Squall can summon him or what? Is there a bunch of Ifrits? I just didn't get that shit at all
>>
Would it have been better if they got rid of the GF memory thing, but kept the growing up in an orphanage bit. Revealing it at the same point in pretty much the same way (maybe hinting at it very very subtley before), but just have everyone use Irvine's "I did remember I thought we just weren't mentioning it to stay professional" excuse.
>>
Inferiority complex which he tried to cover up with false confidence. It's sad that people try to pin him as one of the villains when it's literally spelled out in the game that he's just a stupid kid trying to play the tough guy and letting himself be manipulated into doing so.
>>
>>344339478
Works like it does in FF10, where all the summoners go and get their summons by asking for the power from the summons themselves.

You arn't really bringing ifirit with you, you ar just bringing out his power to preform his signature attack.
>>
>>344339017
I don't remember the specifics, but I think there were some very specific people that were part of this card group that you had to play with and stuff at certain points, which was the only way to get special cards of characters and stuff. Edea might have been the queen, but if you do things right then the group of people will be on the Ragnarok at the end of the game so you can potentially get any card if you lost/refine it.

Regardless, if you don't have a guide you're unlikely to get it. It's even more bullshit than the Zodiac Spear.
>>
>>344330303
Is that tall? I'm the shortest of my friends at 6'1
>>
>>344339478
GF's are sorta rare. Not everyone has one, and you need one if you want to take the SeeD Exam. Squall's test for gaining entry to the SeeD exam was defeating/acquiring Ifrit. I assume everyone had a different test.So every SeeD has GF, that's why they are such a force within the world stage.
>>
>>344339478

You're 'summoning' the GF. So basically others can do it as well. Of course, this logic breaks down since that would imply every character on your party can junction with all GFs at the same time. And of course, they don't let you do that.

Typical FF breaking both gameplay and story logic.
>>
>>344339820
The CC Club is easy as fuck, you just find the right people in the correct sequence and kick their asses. As far as the Card queen goes, you don't even have to bother with that shit until disk 4. The only card worth repeatedly refining is Gilgamesh for the holy wars.

If you're complaining about rules, the guy at Balamb town's dock resets any rules you're playing with, and if you keep the card queen at Balamb town you can just use her to set the win rule to 'all' each time.
>>
>>344339960
to add to this, I believe GF's are unique. If someone is Junctioning a specific GF, someone else won't be able to. They specifically say that GF's reside within the memory centre of the brain, which breaks >>344339998 this guys idea of how GF work.
>>
>>344339478
I believe a GF uses a section of your mind to act as a summoning conduit. That section is basically what fucks up the long term memory of a summoner. It's likely that unless it's just a gameplay mechanic, that a GF can only be used by one person at a time and Ifrit happened to be the best possible test for Squall at the time.

>>344340073
For some reason I remembered it being more annoying than that. Haven't done it in over ten years.
>>
>>344330337
To be fair, Gunblade users are rare and apparently valuable. Cid even mentions how happy he is that there's just one more Gunblade user around.

I dunno WHY they're so valuable, but they apparently are.
>>
>>344341017
Pressing the R1 trigger must be really difficult, if I remeber one scene, some no name soldier said he had a trouble swinging a gunblade around.
>>
>>344328030
I never really understood why he suddenly decided to join the sorceress. How I remember it is she just makes fun of him and he does an instant heelturn.
>>
>>344341307
I'm fairly certain Laguna says that too during the Ruby Dragon Fight
>>
>>344341307
It's all about timing, I guess. Even once you're used to it, I doubt anyone can time the trigger perfectly 100% of the time.

Imagine how hard that must be, really. You're swinging this massive sword with all your might and the exact moment you make impact on your target, you pull the trigger. I doubt it's easy.
>>
>>344332249
This is why I never beat FF6, the game and party is all over the place, there's so many fucking guys and different subplots.
>>
File: today i will remind them.jpg (67 KB, 473x480) Image search: [Google]
today i will remind them.jpg
67 KB, 473x480
>>344334785
>Whitest man in Argentina

I never got this
>>
>tfw no gf
>>
>>344340391

The problem with your logic is that bosses use GFs on you while you have them equipped. Or you fight GFs themselves. Also, that whole 'final exam' with Ifrit. If hundreds of SeeDs had to defeat Ifrit as a final test, then how can only one person use Ifrit at a time? And if someone is using Ifrit, can no one take the test at that time?

Just admit that junctioning itself doesn't make sense from a story standpoint. This comes from someone who likes the system for gameplay means. But it doesn't stand up to even basic logic.
>>
>>344342368
I'm saying only Squall himself received Ifrit as a GF, not every person taking that exam had to defeat Ifrit to be eligible and Squall himself was the last person to take that test to be eligible to take the SeeD exam, which Quistis is berating him for at the beginning of the game. Also what Boss use's your GFs against you?
>>
>>344329160
pshh nothing personell kid
>>
>>344328030
He wasn't valued or appreciated in SeeD.
They are mercenaries, he just changed between workplaces.

Simple as that.
>>
>>344335858
Fuck. Are you me?
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 480x360
>>344329160
The fact that he is the same Gilgamesh from 5 is the best part.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.