[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hitman series aside, what are some games where I can play as a hitman?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: Tom Cruise - Collateral - 01.jpg (136 KB, 900x1341) Image search: [Google]
Tom Cruise - Collateral - 01.jpg
136 KB, 900x1341
Hitman series aside, what are some games where I can play as a hitman?
>>
>>344325735
Killer 7
Resident Evil 4/5
>>
Not really a hitman type game, but you can assassinate people in GTA V and Max Payne 3 with style
>>
>>344325735
deus ex sorta, dishonored, alpha protocol
>>
>>344325735
If by "hit-man" you mean a hired gun, then 7.62 High Calibre, perhaps? The game has such an array of tactics, weapons and approaches, that you can easily roleplay a stone cold killa.
>>
File: image.jpg (225 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225 KB, 1680x1050
I find it really surprising that in an industry that seems to love violence so much, there are so few games about contract killing.

Even Ass Creed stopped being about assassinating people after II.
>>
Death to Spies
>>
>>344330172
probably because even the games with little to no story still have one, and being a contract killer is hard to write a decent story for

Hitman tried and it's fucking terrible
>>
>>344330172
You don't know what you're talking about. Unity and Syndicate are both set up like the first game where you do a series of things and it leads up to an assassination before rinse and repeating.
>>
>>344325735
I liked Collateral until I realised Tom Cruise is a super manlet, now I cannot take this shit seriously anymore. Can a manlet be a serious hitman ?
>>
>>
Mgs v. That whole game is you either murdering someone for a buyer, or removing them from existence by isolating them onto mother base.

I'd rather be dead than be forced to live on some shit oil rig
>>
>>344331027
He would likely be a better hitman then me. Being tall makes it hard to find adequate concealment. Plus, shorter people tend to be better wrestlers so if we both had the same training he could probably meme all over me unless I was Arnold mode. Thems the breaks.
>>
>>344330374
But the beauty of a game where you play as a hit man is that you don't NEED a lot of story. Just give me context for who my dude is and how he gets his jobs and then send me through a bunch of missions Blood Money style. Hitman's story is the worst part of those games and it's why Absolution sucked.
>>
>>344331027
Sure, no one suspects him.
>>
>>344327661
These + Assassin's Creed games.
>>
>>344332017
>>344327661
Dishonored has such good gamefeel.
>>
>>344331027
A few inches less doesn't automically turn you into a woman with no strength or skill. It also helps you not stand out in a crowd. Besides, why do you need longer limbs when you mostly use guns?
>>
>>344332084
I couldn't play more than an hour of it, it's too cartoonish
>>
File: 1457396063649.jpg (1 MB, 3630x2414) Image search: [Google]
1457396063649.jpg
1 MB, 3630x2414
>>344325735
>Collateral

Good movie
>>
>>344332263
Well that's pretty silly. I agree the character models are grossly disproportionate but overall, I liked the style.
>>
>>344331610
I like this post.
>>
>>344331027
>Can a manlet be a serious hitman ?
>>
>>344330172
>I find it really surprising that in an industry that seems to love violence so much, there are so few games about contract killing.

In general, I feel that's because it's easier for the audiance to accept justified killing than murder.

Usually the bad guys are acceptible targets that very few people feel bad about killing (Nazis, terrorists, zombies / aliens / robots), there's a socially acceptable reason to kill them (you're a soldier fighting an enemy force, or self-defense against bad guys that are actively seeking to kill you), or there's at least some type of moral justification (they're innocent security guards, but they're working for the guy you're seeking vengeance against).

Even Assassin's Creed and Hitman paint the targets as "deserving it" for some reason, and seem to more be an excuse for the gameplay to exist, getting around obstacles to get to your target.
>>
>>344332574
There are tons of tall people who are hitmen.

Stealth is the art of deception, not the art of being undetected.
>>
>>344334165
>>344332184
>>344331610

manlets detected
>>
>>344331027

I read somewhere that operators tend to be on the shorter side.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.