[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Visited my local bookstore today, discovered they're now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: tafvt6rbg8fpmrj0dxci[1].jpg (504 KB, 1500x746) Image search: [Google]
tafvt6rbg8fpmrj0dxci[1].jpg
504 KB, 1500x746
Visited my local bookstore today, discovered they're now selling The Witcher books.
Better yet, I found out they're also selling the AUDIOBOOK versions of the stories.

The audiobooks basically let you experience more Witcher quests without actually having to play the game. I'm listening to The Last Wish right now, it's bretty gud (and 600 minutes long).
>>
Does it have Geralt's VA?
>>
>>344322156
No
>>
>>344321915
Too bad the english audiobooks aren't even in the same league as the full cast polish production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-6ySiSzm7c
>>
>>344322156

Nah, it's just a single reader doing the voices.

The guy they have isn't half bad, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZPJHIeBLbQ
>>
>>344322912
English version to compare
https://youtu.be/ykGW_j9pHbg?t=41429
>>
>>344322912

These are abridged though aren't they?
>>
>>344324163
see
>>344323909
>>
>>344322994
I'm listening to Blood of Elves and I can't help but to laugh every time he does a female voice. It's just so amusing.
>>
>>344326593

It's the one issue with male readers. Female readers can do anything and it's whatever, but a dude doing a female voice is hilarious.
>>
>>344326750
Female readers trying to do gruff sounding men is equally hilarious as men trying to do young women.
>>
>>344321915
Nice, OP. I remembered to try the books myself.
>>
File: geralt.jpg (144 KB, 972x454) Image search: [Google]
geralt.jpg
144 KB, 972x454
>>344321915
as someone who read the books after completing the games, think of the books as their own thing. The books are in my opinion better and you are doing the author a disservice by relating them to heavily to the games, which are after almost like fan-fiction and are not canon.

Geralt is also a lot more complex than in the games, pic related.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.