[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (79 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
79 KB, 1920x1080
So I was really anticipating this game since I loved Limbo (despite it having a weak 2nd half) and it got ridicules good reviews across the net

Now that its releasesd, some things killed that anticipation, like no release for PS4 (thanks microsoft) and the same old $20 = 20€ bs calculation (18€ would be exact), but I got perplex at the pricetag anyway.
Expected something 12,99 for a 3 hour game, 15 wouldve been ok but 20 ? But after some search I found out that they used Denuvo which cost them something like 100k $ so that explains the pricetag.

I ended up watching the whole thing on jewtube and it was somewhat entertaining, eventhough the puzzles where 80% Limbo.
The "twist" wasnt bad, but the ending was plain bullshit, true its roots.

I wouldve given it a 8/10, maybe 8.5 if Id played it myself but to claim it being 10/10 is just hilarious.

What did you think of the game /v/ ?
>>
Alright visuals and puzzles

story is so fucking ambiguous it's hard to gage it
>>
File: blob.png (791 KB, 875x539) Image search: [Google]
blob.png
791 KB, 875x539
>>344321913
I just finished it and I have no idea what the FUCK just happened.

none of the game makes any sense to me.

why did the boy try to get inside that fucking ball just to become part of a huge blob of humans? was he trying to rescue them?

and wtf was that ending?

I assume all those humans were anticipatinga ll of this to happen? The miniature model of the ending, the way some of them helped you along etc.

what the fuck were those booming sound explosions outside?

what's up with the generators placed throughout the levels?
>>
>>344322573
it seems the boy is controlled by the human meatball the entire game. note how there are 4 of those mind control things attached to it. I haven't got the faintest fucking clue why just the boy and not the people standing around for example.
>>
>>344322573
Exactly, nobody knows, I doubt the designers even cared to explain it

Its like:
>get inside
>get stuck, oh shit
>what do now
>well, time to get outside

And I think the people just helped you to get you trapped again right before the end, despite you escaping anyway.
But it could be planned out all along with the miniature model aslwell, or its just there to fuck with you.

When I read "feat. danish art project" in the credits, thats exactly what I thought: Its art, nobody explains shit to you but everyone loves it. Fuck that.
>>
>>344323131
Interesting, havent thought about that
>>
>>344323763
>>344323912
>>344322573
another thing: I doubt you really escaped at the end. the trees are kinda small and make weird sounds when you trample over them, they're probably props. the lighting and everything seems fake as fuck too, like the light is coming somewhere from the top right but not strong enough to light everything.
>>
>>344324041
Have to watch the ending again then, keeping that in mind.
Thanks for bringing some structure to this clusterfuck
>>
The weird soundblast puzzle was kinda cool
Enjoyed the room full of corpses with holes in their heads during the soundblast shit
>>
Apparently there's a way not to get eaten by the blob for an alternative ending
>>
>>344327673
there are three (discovered) endings afaik, haven't seen them but saw others talking about them. both afaik related to turning off all the generators in the game (you've probably at least accidentally seen a few of them. there are yellow cables leading to them in various areas of the game).
>>
>>344322573
>>344323763
Watch the secret ending, it explains what's going on with the kid.
>>
Nobody is going to mention that right at the start of the game where people are loaded up into a truck, there are those pods around the forest, connected to the trees and stuff.

After we get to know that these are not real people, you get that they're not kidnapped, but rather harvested from the forest?

Also, everyone is trying to kill you for some reason, but then the scientists and that swimmerboy just help you.

When will ideaguys bother to put actual coherent plot in their games?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.