[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so horribly wrong? 1 and 2 were masterpieces.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
What went so horribly wrong? 1 and 2 were masterpieces.
>>
Ken Levine is a hack.
>>
>>344319654
Its been a while now but I think I remember hearing the game went through a bunch of revamps and storyline changes during development.
>>
>>344319654
I heard one of the co directors disagreed with what levine though and threatened to leave if ken didnt change what he wanted.
>>
>>344319654
No they weren't
>>
>>344319926
This.
>>
They butchered the RPG, which was already shallow as fuck. And the FPS was even worse, despite it being not that good in the first place.

>Can no longer choose gene tonics; Gear is randomized and you're stuck with what you find
>Every enemy is a bullet sponge that barely reacts to your attacks.
>Big Daddies are replaced with Handymen. Handymen don't really give you a reward, aren't optional and take too long to kill without being very difficult.
>No hacking minigame. Literally press F to hack. Even Bioshock 2's QTE was better.
>Vigor variety is even worse than the plasmids. Have all vigors equipped at once; but they're so samey and since they all pull from the same salt pool, you only stick to two or three the whole game.
>Two weapon limit. Because of the weapon upgrading system and the fact that you must always have a heavy weapon in case a handyman/patriot randomly spawns, there's very little variety in the weapons you can practically use.
>No alternate ammo types.
>No more health kits or EVE hypos; just rely on Elizabeth's RNG to heal you, if you're lucky.

But even more than that, the game treats you like a retard.
>Wait a minute that card...
>QTEs for throwing a fucking baseball. Do they not remember "Pick up that can" from HL2?
>All the plotholes
>>
>every single thread
Kenny couldn't get it off the ground from the planning/tech demo stage
>studio is a mess because he also has intense anger issues
>2k calls in Fergy
>he scraps any second-hand things like the planned MP
>the game gets shipped rushed and barebones
then later because it was so bad the studio gets dissolved. Which is also why BaS was so-so because it only had a tiny amount of people who were fearing for their jobs working on it.
>>
>>344319654
It looks like they ran out of money and ideas half way.
Combat is just fighting the same waves of enemies. Some are red, others blue.
Player can carry only two forgettable guns and no weapon customization.
Vigors had none of the elements of biopunk and body horror that Plasmids had. Vigors added nothing to the story and atmosphere.
There was no character building, no different endings based on choices.
>>
>>344322324

Was BaS any better than the base game?
>>
>>344322451
Part 1 was good but short.
Part 2 was meh, it insists upon stealth but the stealth is nothing special. And and also introduced a clusterfuck of retcons.
Like Elizabeth having more impact than Jack, suchong stuff and Atlas.
It's worth a place.
Clash In The clouds however is GOAT, and you will see how great BSI could have been from it.
>>
>>344322769
worth a play*
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.