[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: 1.jpg (153 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
153 KB, 1024x768
What went wrong?
>>
>>344316990
Everything. Boring combat, the same boring repetitive quests in every region, boring builds...

It's a shit game that didn't live up to its promise.
>>
>>344316990
>no end-game
>broke the holy trinity
>wasn't the first one
>questing was boring
>literally banned people for buying things from an npc after they fucked up coding it

take your pick
>>
>>344317194
b-but you are playing end game right from the start!
>>
File: 0641 - nWdz40P.jpg (22 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
0641 - nWdz40P.jpg
22 KB, 306x306
>>344317305
>>
Who plays Guild Wars for PVE shit?
>>
>Horizontal progression
Worst fucking meme ever.

>B-BUT YOU CAN DROP THE GAME AND PICK IT UP IN 10 YEARS AND STILL BE LE STRONK WOMYN!
No fuck you, Horizontal Progression is the worst thing about GW2. I don't want new ugly costumes. I want new ugly armor that gives me new stats, new ugly weapons that give me new stats, new ugly earrings, pendants, necklases that give me new stats.
>>
It tried too hard to be different, and as a result ended up ruining everything that made the original Guild Wars different.
>>
>>344316990
Nothing, it's probably the best MMO on the market right now (not that, that's saying much).

PvE gives a wide variety of content from faceroll stuff for noobs, high level fractals which require a little more attention and class knowledge all the way to the recent raid content which truly explores the fluid combat system in an engaging and fun way requiring everyone to learn their class properly and fully. The lack of dedicated tank role in a lot of the fights (not all) makes for some interesting mechanics. While they might not be as "hard" as some other games raids they are mechanically more interesting since other games largely rely on "don't stand in the fire" + health sponge boss. This is from someone who raided semi-hardcore through TBC in WoW up to the finishing all of Ulduar "hard"modes in WotLK before stopping.

The content will never be irrelevant because you can't out gear or over level it. Which I think is a great positive.

Every class has it's own unique role (utility support, boon/buff support, direct/dot damage, healer) and play style without having to properly adhere to the trinity each class may fulfil multiple or just one role.

Also it's fun.
>>
Seems to be doing good honestly, I haven't gotten the expansion though just been too busy with other stuff.
>>
Nothing. Best mmo out there. Only people who hate it are gw1 babies
>>
>>344316990
It means no Guild Wars 2 ever
>>
>>344320349
I played GW1 for the grand total of 30 minutes and GW2 is bad
>>
Nothing, just the name. Finest example of 'Good game, bad x series game".
>>
I think the problem with gw2 is that the end game is so open, people get to level 80 craft some crappy exotics and put together an awful build and then say "now what?". Because the game doesn't shoehorn you into a particular direction. You can do WvWvW, sPvP, world exploration (jumping puzzles, map completion, mini dungeons), open world events/bosses, dungeons, fractals, raids, personal story, living world, HoT story, challenge achievements, frequent festival events.

It's not like in WoW where you get to max level and the next step is obviously gear up for raids because that's where your next shot of pixel crack upgrades will come from.
>>
did they implement a quick change build thingy yet? like pressing shift + 1 - 5 changes from various gear and trait settings that you saved so that you don't need to do everything manually all the time?, this is my biggest gripe with this game, advertizing that you can change you build on the go when but you gotta do it piece by piece, it sucks
>>
>>344316990
Literally everything
>>
File: GW2 facts.png (595 KB, 2543x2338) Image search: [Google]
GW2 facts.png
595 KB, 2543x2338
>>344316990
pic related
>>344319953
Fractals was the only great thing to come out of GW2 and they keep fucking with the rewards.
>PvE gives a wide variety of content
PVE content is all the same get in a mob and hit 1 till boss is dead. All the hearts are the same shit.
>Every class has a unique role
Everyone is DPS.
GW2 is all about the gemstore and then they cant even get that right with all the shit outfits they make. Faggots complain there's too many slutty female outfits which is wrong.
>>
File: 1458066570708.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458066570708.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
>i wanted a sequel of guildwars
>it wasnt a sequel of guildwars
>>
>>344317194
Let's get this shit started
>no end game
Plenty of endgame. Gear grind? Ascended gear/legendary collection farming, collections in general. Pvp? World vs world and structured pvp. Raids? Raids. Guild missions? Guild missions. What constitutes as endgame in other games?

>broke holy trinity
Yes this is true, but with the game today you can effectively spec into the classic trinity.

>wasn't the first one
Gw1 baby confirmed

>questing was boring
False. There are plenty of variety of quests or hearts to do. Ranging from killing mobs to literally whipping cows back into the farm. You don't have to do them either if you find it boring.

>literally banned for exploiting
This happened within the first few months of release. In fact I think it happened during the first month of release and nothing like this has ever happened again. That was 3 years ago, get over it.

Is that all? Oh wait
>no build variety, everything is zerker dps build

Not anymore m8. the newer content favors damage over time and healers/tank for the raids
>>
>>344322454
>PVE content is all the same get in a mob and hit 1 till boss is dead

Ask me how I know you never stepped foot in the raid wings?

>Everyone is DPS.
Yeah that's why mesmers are requires for every optimal party setup. For their "DPS".

You clearly barely scratched the surface of the game and make assumptions based on that.
>>
It's a fun theme-park mmo with plenty of roleplaying stuff. But like all theme-parks, you just kind of run out of stuff to do.

Also, the expansion fucked up pvp by making a lot of builds obsolete.
>>
>>344323580
>raids
implying i spent money on that shit expansion
>>
Jewish devs. Fuck them. Fuck my ban. Fuck you gw2
>>
>>344322909
>no build variety, everything is zerker dps build

This is just so outdated. Condi dealers use a combination of vipers and sinister gear. Healers use magi's, chronomancers can use a fuck load: commander's, assassin's, exotic trinkets with doubloons in. Other tanks may slot on some knight's.

>>344323921
Right, so all your complaints are based on outdated and irrelevant information.
>>
>>344322909
>Gear grind? Ascended gear/legendary collection farming, collections in general. Pvp? World vs world and structured pvp. Raids? Raids. Guild missions? Guild missions. What constitutes as endgame in other games?
All shit added years after the game and not at fucking release

I played this piece of shit on release and when I maxed my character I had nothing to do but the same damn 5 mans because arenanet was too fucking stupid to think that maybe they should have a raid for the GUILD to do
>>
File: 1448379420828.png (18 KB, 509x411) Image search: [Google]
1448379420828.png
18 KB, 509x411
Original creators/founders were replaced by fedora tippers with liberal arts degrees.
>>
File: kill urself.jpg (37 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
kill urself.jpg
37 KB, 400x400
>>344322909
>That was 3 years ago, get over it.

He got over it by not playing your shit game anymore. You still can't get over it because you're still defending it, you pathetic, hypocritical turd.
>>
>>344324159
only thing they added that changes things are the raids 10 person content everything else is the same.
Tell me do people still stack in dungeons?
Are there new PvP modes?
Is WvW alive and not full of zergs?
Do mobs still attack stationary world bosses?
Are rewards in dungeons and fractals still nerfed?
Is the story not shit anymore?
Why are you still sucking Arena Nets dick?
>>
>>344324875
>Tell me do people still stack in dungeons?
There's no need any more, the power creep lets you just steamroll over any mob that gets in your way.
>Are there new PvP modes?
I wouldn't know, I'm not autistic enough to play PvP in an mmorpg.
>Is WvW alive and not full of zergs?
Actually, yeah. You still have your blobs but there's been some recent revamping to WvW and it's rewards which has breathed life into it somewhat.
>Are rewards in dungeons and fractals still nerfed?
Nope. They boosted back up the dungeon gold though through different means and fractals drop a shit tonne of stuff now. Ascended salvage kits, ascended accessories, ascended chests are a lot more common if you do the highest tier fractals, dyes, mystic coins, other stuff.
>Is the story not shit anymore?
You got me there.
>Why are you still sucking Arena Nets dick?
Because I like the game.
>>
>>344324159
Did they change it so conditions stack now? and that there are healers now too?
>>
>Look at all these things that eq clones do
>We're going to ignore them!
>They're bad because eq clones do them and we don't know why!
>>
>>344322909
>>broke holy trinity
>Yes this is true, but with the game today you can effectively spec into the classic trinity.
good luck finding anyone who wants to do content with you if you're not specced into max damage though, all i ever saw was shit like this
>fractal 42 zerker only
>path 2 full berserker
>>
>Let's be edgy contrarians for the sake of being edgy contrarians
>>
>>344326396
With dungeons it's fair enough, the content is easy enough there's no point in going anything but max damage.

But when you get to the high tier fractals, like 80+ then you find that builds diversify more. A common setup for example is 4 condition necromancers and 1 healer druid. Another would be a boonshare chronomancer (literally the worst dps in the game) along with a revenant and some random dps. Healers are a lot more accepted in higher tiers.
>>
THEY LITERALLY COULD HAVE MADE IT GW1 WITH BETTER GRAPHICS BUT NOOO

GW1 SERVERS STILL UP BUT MOST PEOPLE LOST THEIR ACCOUNTS AND DONT WANT TO REBUY FULL PRICE
MAKE IT FREE 2 PLAY FCKERS RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: photo.png (163 KB, 512x511) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
163 KB, 512x511
>>344316990
You should've watched this video back in 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMTmBrwmjf0
>>
>>344316990
Some of the top developers admitted they never played the first one. Makes it kind of hard to make a proper sequel when you have no experience about what made the first one so great.
>>
>>344316990
Whatever it is it's not WvW

They finally made it good.

All they need to do now is give the game a decent fucking story and it will be decent.
>>
>>344327719
>THEY LITERALLY COULD HAVE MADE IT GW1 WITH BETTER GRAPHICS BUT NOOO
This is the worst possible thing they could've done. You're telling me you want all your progress, characters, titles, wealth, commitment, and accomplishments wiped all for the sake of "better graphics"?
>>
>>344327719
>GW1 with better graphics
GW1fags never realize how fucking dated GW1 is at this point

>Most people lost their accounts
Blatantly fucking false, most people just don't want to play the same game for two 2 decades you dipshit.
>>
>>344316990
>remove aegis and dogge roll and anything else that completely negates damage
>now people have an excuse to diversify builds instead of just running dps
whoa that was hard
>>
File: 1395358908226.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1395358908226.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
Simply, it wasn't GW1. If it was just a rehashed GW1 with better graphics and mechanics, it would have dethroned WoW eventually.
>>
>revenant gets a healing stance
>its literally just not strong enough to be viable and is only ever used for the dome if no guardian
>anet never bother to fix it
>still only 2 healing specs that are viable
why does anet hate healer players
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.