[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the worst video game community or fandom you were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: overwatch fanbase.jpg (946 KB, 1533x2634) Image search: [Google]
overwatch fanbase.jpg
946 KB, 1533x2634
What's the worst video game community or fandom you were ever part of and why?
>>
>>344313416
That describes competitive modes in general.
>>
I'm glad I play on console for this reason. Shit talking is minimal with no keyboard and easily muted mics. I've been shit talked for playing a character only to get all golds. It's a great feeling.
>>
>>344313416
Hey OP did you heil Hitler today?
>>
they all turned to shit as soon gaming reached this level of popularity, save the few genres that still manage to be niche
>>
>>344313416
all competitive communities are like this thanks to LoL.
>>
File: vgCxz6V.jpg (73 KB, 640x638) Image search: [Google]
vgCxz6V.jpg
73 KB, 640x638
>report this genji please
fucking LoL faggots jesus christ
>>
>>344313416

BIEN L'EURO HIER FILS DE PUTE?

BIEN 2-0 DANS LA CHATTE A TA GRAND MERE LA PUTE DE MERKEL?
>>
>>344313416
LoL

Everyone is either a raging teen or just retarded
>>
>>344313416

Deluded call of genji fags think medals = win. Gut fuckin gud.
>>
Did you win or not?
>>
The "no-score" board thing is actually a problem in this game, as players (on your team) can hardly tell your proformance until the end of the game.
MFW overeatch trying to be casual and intentially put no scoreboard in game
and then for some reason there is ranked mode.
>>
>>344315114
gold medals mean you beat everyone else in that category yes.

Means everyone else wasn't pulling their weight.
>>
>>344315114
medals show how well you are performing on your team, having all those gold medals means his team was shit.
>>
>>344314697

I fucking love the French. There's no nationality out there that gets so angry as fast as the French.
>>
>>344315359
>The "no-score" board thing is actually a problem
No. It will be 10x more toxic if score board existed
>>
>>344313416
does anyone have that image of the death of a game cycle.

of it starts with two people playing a game. they bring in a third and the game is in tact becasue the new guy follows the old rules. then another guy comes in. then a girl. then a guy with no interest in the game sees that there are girls and asks why they are taking the game so seriously.

because that's dishonored. which is both my favorite game and least favorite fanbase.
>>
>Play Zarya, Winston and Lucio
>Never feel the need to change since nobody likes to play tank or support

Feels good
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (51 KB, 657x487) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
51 KB, 657x487
>Teammate has to leave midgame
>Says we can leave without penalty, which means we take a loss and lose a rank
>Two more team mates leave
>Enemy bastion playing on attack keeps bragging about team kills when he can only kill with his ult and there is only half a team attacking
>Only says in chat over and over
>TEAM
>KILL
>TEAM
>KILL

Please fix leaving penalties.
>>
>>344314519
They were like this long before it
>>
why is this being reposted?

people act as if gold medals show on the scoreboard.

it's easy to dismiss someone as being a useless faggot when they've been doing a lot of work.
>>
File: 1467948911309.jpg (718 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
1467948911309.jpg
718 KB, 2048x1365
I only ask people to swap if I see that they're not doing shit and if I have golds. If I don't have golds them someone else does and that might be the genji/hanzo/etc.
>>
Those people are just retarded.

When people complain about hanzo players, they are correct.

Fuck hanzo players
>>
>>344315753
>toxic
fuck off
>>
>>344316659
>>344315114
That Genji did objectively better than two other ATTACK heroes on his team, and did the most on their team.

I know gold medals don't mean everything, but they don't mean nothing. It proved he was a competent genji and fulfilled his role. Now if he went genji when they had no tank or healer, then fuck him.
>>
>>344313416
>worst fandom
looking backwards i feel like it was LoL even if during that period i was still ok with having Skype calls while gaming it got periodically worse as time went by and then it just turned into unbearable flaming that just pissed me off.

>best fandom
hands down WoW before it went to shit because everybody were so friendly in guilds and it had communities. all of that is probably gone and i dont know what are the social MMOs anymore
>>
File: VKy8Usg.png (553 KB, 1091x827) Image search: [Google]
VKy8Usg.png
553 KB, 1091x827
I play as Tracer on attack and Mercy on defense. I dont fuck a fuck about your counters, waifu for laifu.
>>
File: 1437586139337.gif (1 MB, 180x184) Image search: [Google]
1437586139337.gif
1 MB, 180x184
>>344314673
>LoL begins bleeding out since Overwatch launched
>Since then the level of salty passive-aggressive cunts in game has increased exponentially
>>
>>344316947
The only medal that doesn't matter is eliminations

Every other medal actually means something when you get one
>>
>>344317061
I remember when you could play WoW and somebody 30 levels higher from the other faction would let you go about your way.
>>
Are there even any games left with good communities who help each other or work together? It seems like everyone is just at each others' throats all the time now.
>>
>>344316326
sounds like he was a kid
>>
>>344317409
>Spotting someone staring in your direction
>Stare back like a deer in headlights.
>He turns around and leaves.

It was interesting but tense as fuck.
>>
>>344317409
i don't know if anyone else played a priest but there was an unspoken rule that priests don't attack each other. it was rude not to wave either.

>>344316762
>guy playing widow maker on D
>plays like absolute shit
>time for O
>picks widow maker again
>entire team begs him to switch
>he picks hanzo
> waits for the game to start and then leaves the group.
>>
>>344317549

No, sorry anon. You either play with friends or remove the chat and play a good lonewolf class/hero/toons/whatever
>>
File: Untitled (8).png (415 KB, 852x482) Image search: [Google]
Untitled (8).png
415 KB, 852x482
>>344313416
>That pic
Iktf
>>
>>344316326
You do realize literal children play this game right?
>>
>being so autistic you have double prestige
>>
File: b0f.png (448 KB, 629x454) Image search: [Google]
b0f.png
448 KB, 629x454
>Double prestige
>Rank 56

You should probably move and air those fat legs of yours before you end up with a dvt
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.