[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death Note
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: deathnote_s1v1-.jpg (392 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
deathnote_s1v1-.jpg
392 KB, 600x600
How does one make a good death note video game?
>>
You don't
>>
By casting a black man as L :^)
>>
All Ten Fingers where you do quicktime events and % writing names in death note.
>>
>>344299531
this
>>
>>344299531
Why not? With all the rules i think you could make a great open world multiplayer game out of it.
>>
>>344299303
something akin to phoenix wright where it can let you play both sides

more traditional phoenix wright gameplay where you solve Kira's shenanigans

reverse Phoenix Wright gameplay of murdering and covering your tracks so you can't be traced
>>
How was this?
>>
>>344300545
watch first season end there, be happy 8/10 animu

watch second season because you're stupid and end up with a 5/10 anime that's disappointing on all fronts
>>
Visual novel
>>
>>344300695
>>344300545
read the manga
>>
>>344300861
manga ends the same way as the anime so there's no point

it's ending makes it garbage
>>
File: The_GAME.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
The_GAME.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
>>344300545
Sorry don't misunderstand me anons, meant the game and forget the game
>>
>tfw it will never be 10 years ago again

why live lads
>>
>>344300914
reading > watching

and the manga is a slow burning psychological thriller while the anime has dramatic orchestral music and Light running around with glowing red eyes because Jap animators can't into subtlety
>>
>>344299303
>Press 'B' to potato chip.
>>
>>344300914
That's why the live action films are vastly superior.

Ignore the anime, theatre plays, musicals, TV drama episodes, the most recent films and the American version and you're sorted.
>>
>>344301129
Scenes are better in the anime especially shit like the potato chip scene or when L first shows up to Light
>>
>>344301432
>>344301129
The only good version of Death Note is the version where Light wins, but that doesn't exist, so there is no good version.
>>
>>344301432
I would check out the live action if it wasn't Japanese shit knowing it's low budget as fuck.
>>
Try to find out enemies' names without getting caught yourself. You'll have to do research, keep hidden, and use the deathnote in creative ways to unveil your target. I think of it like the way asscreed MP works, but SP and more elaborate with more variety.
>>
Have it not follow the actual story and just be about someone who has the notebook, and you play the detective trying to figure it out, find clues, and keep enough of you and your team hidden, and if you give away too much, you fail and have to restart the game.

I liked the idea of someone else saying you could play as the killer as well, and that would be a fun way to go about making a good game for this. The only thing that you would have to do to make certain this would be a good game is to ensure there is no combat to the gameplay. That would probably just fuck things up.
>>
>>344302058
So it's basically like The Ship?

Cud b gud
>>
>>344301878
That version is known as the first half, the rest is fanfiction.
>>
>>344301878
It should have either ended when L died, or been rewritten so that L lives and defeats Light somehow. Their dynamic is what made Death Note. The arch with those two shota twat replacements was bad in every way.
>>
File: 1328227772464.jpg (29 KB, 242x220) Image search: [Google]
1328227772464.jpg
29 KB, 242x220
>>344300857
This, there's nothing in Death Note that could make traditional gameplay.
You could make it telltale shit too, I guess

>>344300914
I like the ending in the manga better since Ryuk writes Light's name down in the death Note right in front of him whereas the anime has Light run off like a fag and then Ryuk writes it down without him knowing
>>
>>344302782
I didn't particularly like L all that much, but I do agree that if Light had to lose, L should have been the one to bag him, not that queerboy Near. But I believe that Light winning should have been how it ended and it would have been the best ending for Death Note.
>>
>>344303151
>traditional gameplay

Easy. MC-kun comes in contact with Death Note and goes for Shinigami eyes.

You now have a sneak around game and can ice random niggas with Death Note

Two guards? Look at one and make him shoot the other before shooting himself in the head, progressing through the level or something.
>>
>>344302782
>>344303189

Nothing wrong with how it ended. L lost because he wouldn't cheat

Near won because he cheated, which any rational person would do to bag a serial killer
>>
>>344301878
Oddly the movies had a better ending; L writes his own name in Rem's book to die 30 days later, and when Light goes to kill him as he does in the anime, it doesn't work (can't override an already written name). L fakes dying when he's scheduled to according to Light's book and catches him gloating about it over his "dead" body. The end result is a tie: Light gets caught, and L has 30 days to live, which is a much better resolution imo than one or the other dying.

Having said that besides that bit of writing the live action movies are kind of shit and I don't recommend them.
>>
>>344303491
Sure, but it's still garbage.
>>
>>344303151
I liked how in the manga ending that one guy doesn't stab himself and instead calls Light out for being a fag
>>
>>344303491
No its garbage because when L was alive Light always considered possibilities of fucking up and planned accordingly to them.

In the near ending he was made retarded.
>>
File: 1.jpg (80 KB, 725x432) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
80 KB, 725x432
>>344303189
>I didn't like L

How could you not?
>>
>>344304546
He was okay, but I didn't really like that Sherlock Holmes shtick he had going on, where he only cares about the interesting stuff.
>>
>>344301923
The Live Action film is split into two films and it's great.

It fixes the bullshit from the manga and anime.

>>344301878
Edgey.
>>
>>344300914
>manga ends the same way
It doesn't. The manga has Light writhing in pain begging for a savoir when Ryuk shows up. Light asks for Ryuk to kill them all. Ryuk begins writing something down while Light starts claiming victory. Ryuk shows him he wrote Light's name and everything comes back to Light about how Ryuk said in the beginning of the series that he would take his life. Light immediately starts screaming to stop it, that he wants to live and then the heart attack hits him.

All in front of the entire investigation force.

This is the anime ending.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iUEp1errec
>>
>>344305602
It ends the same way, with Light's loss due to stupid shenanigans.
>>
>>344305679
but it doesn't.
>>
>>344305602
It's why the films did it better desu.
>>
>>344303151
>>344303151
>This, there's nothing in Death Note that could make traditional gameplay.
An open-world sandbox game could work well here. The game has procedurally-generated names of every NPC currently in the world.

Think Watch-Dogs but instead of hacking electronics to create chaos during the game, you hack people. The Shinigami itself might provide bonuses, perks or special abilities. You can ask the Shinigami to reveal the name of an enemy or person (doing so will not give you the "eyes", it will just tell you via an in-game graphic displayed above that person's head) The Shinigami will have a loyalty system which will make it less or more likely to tell you a person's name. If you have a person's name, then you can use the Death Note to "hack" them into acting in different ways.

There's also an aligmnent system. Hacking civs will give you negative points but can allow you to infiltrate locations with much more ease as they create chaos ahead of you. Being of a certain alignment will work similarly to how it does in every game, you get different dialogue options and different perks and drawbacks.

Shinigami also has free will so it cannot always be relied upon.
>>
>>344301129
Subtlety is for boring old farts who have their heads up thwir own ass about pretentious ambiguous storytelling
>>
>>344305810
The method is different but he end result is still the same.

Light loses due to the writer unsure of himself the whole way through of writing Death Note and ended up deciding that Light should lose when it should have been too late for it.
>>
>>344306074
In that case, I would've preferred if light slipped on a banana peel and broke his neck.
>>
>>344306074
Actually, it's the opposite. Light originally wins (he kills L) and the guy wanted it ended there. But the publisher was on to a money spinner and demanded Light ends up losing. So that's why we get the "oh but L expected to die which is why he had been training two kids to take over the case and LOL they hate each other as well, but they then unite with the power of friendship to beat Light".
>>
>>344306583
Man, that's even worse.
>>
>>344299531
first post, best post
>>
>>344299303
Maybe as a writing game for the 3DS or the WiiU so Japanese kids and practice writing English letters and being familiar with names at an early age.
>>
>>344306664
The Live film is better.

>Light kills L
>Light is in charge and thinks he's won
>Gets a message saying shit like "I know it's you" or some shit
>Goes to the abandoned area
>His dad is there
>"Light, by son, give up, we know it's you"
>"Nah m8 it isn't me, who told you that?"
>"I DID!" says L as he appears
>"B-b-but I killed you!"
>"Nah, you didn't, cause I had already wrote myself into the Death Note to kill myself in 30 days, meaning when you wrote in the book, I was already marked for death, I just faked my death to trap you"
>"Yeah? Well fuck you L, I still have the Death Note and I'm going to kill everybody else here!"
>"Light, my son, don't do it..."
>"Tough shit dad, here I go...Wait, where is the book?"
>Ryuk is writing in it
>"Oh good, Ryuk, kill them for me"
>"Nah, I'm bored now. I'm writing your name"
>"What? You fuck! I gave you apples! APPLES AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME?"
>"lol, I've gotten apples forever, you're not special giving me them, night night"

And then Light dies.
>>
>>344306074
This
The second arc was fucking bullshit
>Near finds out who Mikami is by casually watching tv
And that was the second time I dropped the show
>>
>L is gone
>The logic of the story crumbles under its own weight and character designs go to complete shit
Killing off L was a fucking mistake
>>
>>344307268
Now I want Light Teaches Typing, where you type in names, watch people die with glorious budget game animation, and get rated for Deaths per Minute
>>
File: Teru_Mikami.jpg (33 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
Teru_Mikami.jpg
33 KB, 704x396
>>344307631
You better not be shitting on Mikami
>>
>>344308065
He had a good premise, but he ended up being a dumb faggot and basically got Light killed.
>>
>>344305470
for all the shortcomings of the film, the ending feels like the logical conclusion of where the anime/manga should have ended
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.