[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xenoblade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (105 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105 KB, 1920x1080
Why do Xenogears and Xenosaga fan hate Xenoblade because they don't think it's a "Xeno" game but like XCX because muh mecha, even though XCXs story doesn't have any of the "Xeno" thematic elements (philosophy/religious symbolism, gnosticism, mysticism)?
>>
>>344293637
Because Memeblade was never a true Xeno game to begin with.

It was suppose to just be Monado The Beginning of the World
>>
>>344294835
So if it was called Monado then XCX would also have been called it Monado X?
>>
>>344293637
>no philosophy/gnosticism in XCX

Did you actually play the game?
>>
>>344293637
I love Xenogears but can't say anything about Xenoblade and XCX, because Nintendo.
>>
>>344296689
Yes I did.

Even Takahashi said they strayed away from the philosophical and thematic elements of Xenogears and Xenosaga in XCX.

http://time.com/4149809/xenoblade-chronicles-x-director-tetsuya-takahashi/
"We deliberately distanced ourselves from having philosophical themes intertwined with the core of the story."

So why are you lying, anon? WHY ARE XCX FANBOYS THE FUCKING WORST?!
>>
>>344296689
What this anon said>>344297017

All I remember is shitty anime tropes and straight sci-fi, ala, Mass Effect.
>>
>>344297017
The game is riddled with gnostic and philosophical motifs, even though it's less focused on plot.

spoilers ahead

>that memeosome reveal / does humanity still exist or are we just empty shells carrying the legacy of a dead lineage?

>the hammering of that same nail on the ending when the lifepod was ded all along

>the samaarians, who represent the "creator" that we only hear about

doesn't go balls deep like xenogears, but it's definitely a xeno game
>>
>>344297626
Then why did Takahashi say that they distanced themselves with thematic themes prevalent in Xenogears and Xenosaga?
>>
>>344297626
>>that memeosome reveal / does humanity still exist or are we just empty shells carrying the legacy of a dead lineage?

How is this even remotely interesting?

They're robots, that's it, analysing it any further just sounds so fucking forced.
>>
>>344297626
samefag here

not to mention that he's still going with the theme of continuity, of cycles, as humanity starts over once more

>>344297821
he was high? i dunno
it's lighter on those elements, but it's all there, inbetween the cheesy gags and the 90's sci-fi and dune ripoff setting
>>
>>344298007
well nobody's forcing you to analyse anything

that's like saying xenoblade has an anime plot (because it does) with the usual takahashi rusefest hidden in there all the way until endgame
>>
>>344293637
We still hold a grudge on square enix for taking away what xenogears could have been. FF7 was a mistake. A mistake that gave birtha generation of faggots that like only like and will play shonen fantascy jrpgs.

Xenoblade is a daily reminder of Takahashi giving in to that mindset.
>>
>>344298007
>For the whole game they want to get their bodies back
>Find out they're all gonna die if they don't find them fast
>Find them only to discover that shit was broken the entire time
>Ah fuck it let's just be robots and forget the whole thing happened
You'd be an amazing writer anon.
>>
daily reminder for you uneducated XC faggots

http://xenosaga.wikia.com/wiki/Kadomony
http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Lifehold_Core
>>
I have a New 3DS, and I've never played Xenoblade. I have $60 on my eshop and I'm debating between Xenoblade or SMTIV, which should I get?
>>
>>344299542

Xenoblade is better.
>>
>>344299542
>asking on a xc thread

smt iv is good if want a challenge and grown tired of pokemon, not for story
>>
>>344296852
emulate Xenoblade. There is very little censorship and the only kind of censorship was changing the god names to Bionis and Mechonis
Mind you Giant God and Machine God were fucking generic.
>>
File: 1435537176706.jpg (61 KB, 269x365) Image search: [Google]
1435537176706.jpg
61 KB, 269x365
Never played XCX but Xenoblade was alright. It's its own self-contained story, trapped in a science experiment(man-made Big Bang).

Xenosaga was the fucking worst. Xenogears was the pinnacle.
>>
>>344297017
>the core of the story."
>So why are you lying, anon?

The religious/mysticism stuff pops up in some later sidequests, so there's no contradiction since it's not "the core" of the story.
>>
>>344299542
It all depends. Do you like or at least tolerate MMO combat? Is exploration a huge deal to you?
Get Xenoblade.

If challenge and turn based combat is more your thing, get SMTIV.

I personally loved both games but I liked Xenoblade more.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.